Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:46 am
As Kuori's arrow passes though Maukein field of vision she dashes behind the stone archway for cover and yells angrily. "Bastards, to think I actually thought you wanted to talk. To hell with all you! This is a fight you'll regret!"

((After being attacked for the third time its seems the goliath is done talking. Everyone roll initiative! Sylvia's potions are more powerful then a standard healing potion so they heal 20HP. Revenge is at 21HP))  
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:18 pm
order of operations ... die + 4 = 7

"Is it too late to say, I only care what happens to our people. If Abby's people want to attack her, or Maukein wants to believe my nation will give her what she wishes, if she behaves like a good dog..." Ruin would add, after Maukein's declaration of battle, to Fumiyo... hoping for some direction... "With the portal closing, it seems counter intuitive on our part to join this battle."  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:58 am
Twyla flinched back as the arrow whistled by. Kuori was shooting at people, as usual.

"Wait!" Twyla cried as Maukein dashed back and cursed them. "We do want to talk! We--we... Oh, this is a lost cause, isn't it..."

She stepped back and held up a hand. "Please, we don't want to fight you! Okay, well, MOST of us don't want to fight you! Er, well, at least I don't want to fight you!"

((Initiative: 23))  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:26 am
The Line in the Sand
User Image
(The platform for the portal is one square off the ground. )

Initiative Order
Fumiyo:
Maukein:
Twyla: HP: 35/42
Valac: HP: 56/56
Revenge: 21/53
Demi Humans:
Kuori: 43/43
Ruin: 26/49

Fumiyo Lets out a sigh and responds to Ruin. "It's a pity, and she was just starting to open up to us, but I believe you are right. We have accomplished what we came here to do and survived to fight another day, no need to put ourselves at further risk. Let us return to the wagons while I make preparations to transport us home." Fumiyo would turn and begin to walk back down the road. She would comment to Twyla as she passed her by. "You and your companions are free to travel with us if you would like. In fact, I would recommend it. Even with Aria removing their portal from the area, it will not remain safe her for long."

Maukein moves further behind the portal disappearing from sight.

((I didn't get a chance to update the map. Fumyio is no longer on the map and Maukein exact location is not known. Her marker just indicates her last known location. Revenge will reach the edge of the map after 1 round. Kuori will reach it in 4 rounds. Twyla up! ))  

Kowsauni
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:02 pm
Twyla would tug hesitantly at Valac's arm, almost as if she were afraid to touch him. "She's gone--let's just go." Nonetheless, she started humming under her breath, almost without realizing it.

((Minor: activate Skald's Aura. No other actions.))  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:40 am
Valac was thoroughly confused at this point, are we fighting? Are we not fighting? Kill or no kill? Valac's instincts were already carrying his feet forward to defeat his foe before he felt the tugging at his arm. Looking at the small gnome he growled confused but angry, "Are you sure?! The fight seems to be on!"

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 am
21/53, bloodied

Revenge reaches the edge of the map. (Am I declaring a space?)

"Okay, it's been really hard to tell. What in the nine hells is going on over here?" he'd ask, his tone carrying a combination of confusion and annoyance.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:22 pm
The Line in the Sand
User Image

Initiative Order
Fumiyo:
Maukein:
Ramona:

Ramona
User Image
Fire Elemental Wizard

Ramona, the girl that seemed to be somewhat comprised of living flame, pauses to answer Revenge's question while the rest of the demi humans move off the field. "There's a goliath woman working for Aria hiding behind the portal who is part monster like us. However, she must have been created by Aria after our escape since none of us know her. She says the Arians are in full retreat and are re-summoning their portal gate back, my guess is to hide the fact it was here. The fact that they have the magic to do that is kind of amazing...but I digress. The goliath has matching tattoos to your own companion and they look strangely familiar, whatever that means. They definitely have the same attitudes. She said her name is Maukein and something about how she needs to protect this portal so she can go on some kind of mission to avenge her family. She was actually talking to us pretty good until your friend back their shot an arrow at her. Anyways, we are all heading back to the wagons to get out of here. Fumiyo said you are welcome to come with us."

((I will place Revenge on a tile when I next updated the map. Kuori up!))  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:59 pm
Kuori continues charging forward. "In the name of clan Lightlost I will reclaim your blood! How dare you become that which we hunt!"  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:47 pm
Stabbing his sword into the ground, Ruin would return his implement back to its holster, before walking forward. "I knew a boy once, who wanted revenge so badly that he sought it in similar ways. . He held on to the hurt and pain; untilavenging what was lost, became a hunger that kept him alive, but blind and alone." Taking a seat on the stairs(N,24), in front of the portal. "Well to cut a long story short, even if you behave and earn the Aria'€s trust; do you think they will help you seek your revenge? Twyla offered that and I know members of my group would also help."

After verifying that Fumiyo, Ilya, and many of the others were safe and away from the immediate area. "Most of us are tired from the last battle, and I don't know a damn thing that Kuori is shouting about, but we where talking once. If you will return to that; I will ask the fastest person, near by*, to tell her to unstring her bow. And if she doesn't or you choose not to; I will defend you, until the portal closes, you are pulled back and the honor of your choice is secure."

*Ramona

Diplomacy 11 (last chance for peace)  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:58 am
The Line in the Sand
User Image

Initiative Order
Fumiyo:
Maukein:
Ramona:

As Ruin sits on the Portal's steps he feels the stones hum with magic. Maukein responds to him from behind the stone structure. "Your words would hold more merit if you hadn't already tried to attack me after offering me a potion. I know what Aria is doing isn't right...what they did to me wasn't right, but I have made my choice. There is nothing you can say or do that will change that now. When the drow attacked my tribe, I was too weak to do anything and was taken as a slave. But Menithlea gave me the power I needed and now I can make a difference. If you truly want to help me then leave me and this portal alone."

Upon hearing Kuori's distant shouting Maukein would comment. "...why does that voice sound familiar?"

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:35 pm
Twyla would reply to Valac, "Mr. Ruin isn't fighting her. Miss Fumiyo and Miss Ramona aren't either. So I won't. It feels too much like a mistake. I don't think you get too involved... but I won't leave you, either."

((No actions.))  

AlphabetFish

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:12 am
"Like a mistake..? How do you get into a fight with your enemy by mistake?" Valac asked his confusion deepening, luckily he couldn't escape into his rage to disperse the confusion so there he stood confused and annoyed.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:31 am
"You didn't listen when I said; 'At least, Kouri doesn't have to witness the death of a younger.' I have taught enough siblings to say, she looks like an elder or some kind of relative. So, see for your bloody self. And if we are going into almost past sins category; A plainly spoken sentence would have evaded that whole event. Instead, you spoke of honor and waiting, when you knew about the standing army on the other side. So, lets call it an even split on blame." Ruin would angrily defend his previous actions, ignoring her request for him to leave, as he tried to keep the conversation going (hoping a better diplomancier would join in).

(Posting out of turn, as he will not attack her and it has been 2 round of no combat...
And encase if anyone cares; he is staying near the portal, in case if he was wrong and really an army/golem marching through.)  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:40 pm
"But I just..." Revenge would start when Ramona offered for him to join them on their trek to the wagons. That's where he's been trying to be all this time!

Rather than get angry, he would just sigh.

"Thank you for the recap," he would say instead. Then he would advance part of the way to the gate.

"Miss... Maukein, is it?" Revenge would call out, looking over his shoulder at Kuori briefly before back to the other Goliath. "Even though Kuori hasn't really cared for my people's traditions and customs, I'm willing to respect hers. This seems to be a Goliath issue, and I would prefer not to get involved... unless asked," he would say to her, steadfastly planting the butt of his halberd on the ground and ceasing his approach.

"I'm not fully up to speed with what's going on here exactly," he'd say, gesturing with his left hand openly, "But have you considered the possibility that you are currently under magic compulsion? What if your decisions right here, right now were made against your will, with arcane trappings forcing you to justify your decisions in Aria's behalf?"

He'd nod his head towards the other demi humans. "Why are you so willing to help Aria, when they want nothing of the sort? Don't you think that's a touch out of place? From what I'm told, this gate is being recalled currently, and it seems you intend to go with it. But that choice - if you can call it that - could be you resigning yourself to remain under their thrall, forever a slave to people who would twist your very being to suit their needs? This could be your one chance to be freed of that life, to be your own woman. All it would take is your bravery to step away from that gate. It sounds like Kuori's only problem is that you're trying to help her enemy. I'm sure she'll be more understanding if you come down here with the rest of us."

He would offer a smile, albeit a weary one. "I don't know if you are charmed or not, but if you leave now, you will never know the truth. Step away and be free, and you will find the truth with your own two eyes open. What do you say?"

Quote:
I think Bluff would be more appropriate than Diplomacy here, but +10 Bluff = 28

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas