Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply ☼ [ Hidden Sand Village } Sunagakure
╥ Training Grounds & Sibylline Dojo Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toxic Interior

Noble Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:33 am
Kohaku Raigyo
Sunagakure | Genin | Satetsu Bloodline | Class: Taijutsu/Sensor | Chakra: 275/275 | Stamina: 225/225

User Image

"Iron can be cold, but show it the proper heat and it can be warm, the same is true with me."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kohaku was happy to be receiving praise. He looked at her as she motioned for him to remain where he was before she lunged, surprising the boy. Her words registered in his subconscious mind while his body reacted upon then, side stepping his sister, grabbing her wrist and pulling her back the way she was moving towards.
[Sazanami: Attack Redirection: Upper Body 1/1 learned!]

Passives:

Techniques Used:

Techniques Learned:
Sazanami: Attack Redirection: Upper Body

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:24 am
Toxic Interior

User Image

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.

The clone nodded and quickly twisted to land on her feet. She then strode back over to her original position,
“Good job. Now, this is the same thing, only it’s the lower body as apposed to the upper body. I’m going to kick out at you, you need to step into my attack, grab my leg or foot, and throw me.”She lunged for him again, this time with a simple kick, again, it wouldn’t actually hurt if it landed.

Theme Song: Nemesis

'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Toxic Interior

Noble Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:40 am
Kohaku Raigyo
Sunagakure | Genin | Satetsu Bloodline | Class: Taijutsu/Sensor | Chakra: 275/275 | Stamina: 225/225

User Image

"Iron can be cold, but show it the proper heat and it can be warm, the same is true with me."

Kohaku smiled as his sister caught herself on her feet, walking back to her original starting position. From there, she explained the next technique that he would be learning. It was the same concept except with the lower body. She then lunged at him and he reacted.
[Sazanami: Attack Redirection: Lower Body 1/2 ]

Kohaku grabbed her leg and pulled on it, bringing her forward with her own momentum. He reached down and caught her afterwards, not letting her head hit the ground, before helping her stand up. "This is all really easy." The boy said, not understanding what most people had problems with Taijutsu experienced.
[Sazanami: Attack Redirection: Lower Body 2/2 learned!]

Passives:

Techniques Used:

Techniques Learned:
Sazanami: Attack Redirection: Lower Body

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:21 am
Toxic Interior

User Image

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.

Kaori smiled at him in thanks and shook her head,
“Good job. Now, it’s time for you to learn the next on. The Hummingbird Flight. You should be able to throw any weapon now, over large distances and with great accuracy. It can be used to distract opponents and make them move how you want them too.”She pulled out three kuni, then threw two of them, one after another, with rapid speed and extreme accuracy. It hit a dummy and embedded itself into the wood. She handed the other to Kohaku.

'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Toxic Interior

Noble Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:13 am
Kohaku Raigyo

User Image

Kohaku yet again listened to his sister's words and watched her demonstration. She pulled out three kunai, and demonstrated with two of them. He was confused a bit because he could throw kunai like that already, but maybe not as deep or fast.
[Sazanami: Hummingbird’s Flight 1/2 ]

Sighing, the boy accepted the third kunai and aimed. He pulled his hand back to throw it normally but caught himself. Kohaku took a breath and spun around, throwing the kunai at the dummy. It soared through the air, just as fast as his sister's and embedded itself deeply into the dummy between hers. Kohaku let out a yawn and stretched lightly. "Thank you for teaching me Kaori. We should take a break now." The boy said, hugging his sister.
[Sazanami: Hummingbird’s Flight 2/2 learned!]

Passives:

Techniques Used:

Techniques Learned:
Sazanami: Hummingbird’s Flight

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:18 am
Toxic Interior

User Image

Kaori nodded her head and smiled at him as she hugged him back,
“Sounds good. My original is sparring with the one called Theodin still, so you can go and watch her if you’d like. It’s feels like it’s pretty intense.”The clone then released Kohaku and kissed his forehead, winked, and then dissipated in a cloud of flowery-smelling smoke.

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Toxic Interior

Noble Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:11 pm
Kohaku Raigyo

User Image

Kohaku smiled happily as his sister praised him yet again before dispersing her clone. The boy yawned and walked off back to the academy to watch his sister's spar.

Passives:

Techniques Used:

Techniques Learned:

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:44 pm
User Image

α к ιɢ α ɢ α η є
α ɢ є :: 2 0ɢ є η ∂ є r :: м α ℓ єɢ є η ι ηs υ η α ɢ α к υ r є
вυкιנυтsυ :: мysтιc нєrσмє∂ιcαℓ :: sρєcιαℓιsт
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
r y σ :: 両 0 0α c :: 0 0
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
c н α к r α :: 3 5 0 / 3 5 0ѕ т α м ι η α :: 2 0 0 / 2 0 0
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
мσσ∂ :: Exasperated

« Don't take things so seriously. You'll get old fast. »
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

-----ιt wasn't a suggestion, or even a question, it was a demand. I never understood why people phrased orders as inquiries. I scowled at Syri, but crossed my arms to think, looking my younger brother over. "Well, you have a kusarigama, right? So why not try Shintou Musou-ryuu?" Turning on my heels, I gestured for him to follow me. Apparently he couldn't remember where the scrolls were kept. Though that didn't come as so much of a surprise because he couldn't remember anything by sight to save his life. Literally. Visual memory was impossible for him, to the point it was possible to mistake him for blind. But he could still see, which is why my gesture would work... if he wasn't too stubborn to follow me.
-----The visitor wasn't particularly interesting news, aside from the butterfly, but I could never tell when Syri was being serious. More than just shinobi lived in the village, so visitors from merchants to politicians could enter and exit almost at will. Why had this one stood out to my brother?
-----I continued talking as I led the way to the scroll storage. "I don't know much about the taijutsu side of styles, so I can't really help you there." My skill set, besides a knack for the medical techniques, was focused almost entirely on weapons, and even more specifically my spadone. It was made of a special alloy that made it much heavier than the average greatsword. It got tiring to carry around, but I'd mostly gotten used to it. Maybe that was a reason for my laziness though, thinking about it.
-----I searched through the scrolls quickly before finding what I was looking for, the sickle-and-chain style I'd mentioned. Opening it briefly to double check, I turned and held it out for Syri to take. "Here you are, Syri." I placed my hands on my hips. "Anything else?"

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
« A bit of optimism never hurts. »

►► O. O. C. ◄◄

• sнυrιкєη :: 10
• кυηαι :: 05

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂

αcтιvє αвιℓιтιєs

pαssιvє αвιℓιтιєs
• Upper body strength increase [Fuu no Odachi - Stage Two]

• +25 chakra/stamina per rank [Power Package]
• D-ranked techniques and lower can be used without hand signs [Mystic Hero Discipline]
• Bukijutsu techniques require twenty (20) less stamina [Personal Attribute]

• 3 post reduction to Bukijutsu wielding large weapons [Personal Attribute]
• 1 post reduction to Bukijutsu [Class Reduction]
• 1 post reduction to Eiseijutsu [Class Reduction]

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Lanfaer

Artwork and character © Tao-Benshin  

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:53 pm
User Image
┎┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Ș ɏ r ɨ α ɧ ℓ Ĝ α ɢ α ȵ є
α ɢ є :: 1 7ɢ є η ∂ є r :: {ӎαℓє//ʄєӎαℓє}ɢ ҿ ȵ ɨ ȵȿ ʊ η α ɢ α к ʊ r є
ηɨɳנυтsυӎʋȿɨϲɨɑɳcℓαηℓєȿȿ
"Death Lays Claim to Us at Any Moment, Regardless of Action Taken..."

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┚

-----So apparently his brother seemed a bit bothered by trying to help him, or at the very least dissatisfied with the fact that he was asking for help. But he was a Ninjutsu type, a performer, and that was not something that could be easily advanced in a place like the dojo. So when shown the scroll, when he took it and began running his fingers over the ink, memorizing their feeling and their positioning, Syriahl spoke to his brother in an annoyed tone. "Yeah, there is something else: stop being a douche. I want to get stronger, become useful, and that won't happen while I don't know anything and don't have a teacher. We should get Fia and get someone to teach us, like the Kazekage herself!" The tone changed to resignation as he rolled up the scroll and tapped it against his wrist in a feminine gesture of deep consideration. "I need to learn another style as well, but I also need Ninjutsu. I have to figure out how to blend that." Looking towards where others trained, one with a cat, he shrunk back slightly, just a tad bit, a sign that he wasn't exactly looking forward to doing anything near other people.

-----

-----

« "Live Life to the Fullest and Dance the Dark Away..." »
r y σ :: 両 0 , 0 0 0
α c :: 0 , 0 0 0

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
c н α к r αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 9 5 // 4 9 5
ѕ т α м ι η αρ σ σ ℓ :: 6 5 // 6 5

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

кυηαι :: 15
sнυrιкєη :: 10
sєηвση :: 05

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

αcтιvє αвιℓιтιєs

pαssιvє αвιℓιтιєs
• Extreme Senses
Syriahl has perfect memory in four of her five senses, being Sound, Taste, Touch, and Smell, and can remember every distinct encounter with those senses from the day she was born. However, this was combined with something far more annoying: an increased sensory input. Everything she sensed, other than sight, was thousands of times higher than normal levels for the average beast, such as a canine's sense of smell. This allows him to tell things about places, people, and objects that would otherwise be impossible without the use of jutsu. This comes with a downside, however. When in contact with too many people, too much history, Sensory Overload occurs. This is where Syriahl's brain has taken in too much information in too short a time, and it is the same effect as the worst migraine, but increased to a factor of ten. It is, in short, debilitating.
• +0 Chakra/ +0 Stamina [Training]
• Seamless Combat
All jutsu performed through dances are increased by one [1] rank without increase in chakra requirements

• Painting Pictures:
The user is able to perform on their insturment like they are performing hand seals, making brilliant ninjutsu appear. This ability comes at the cost of not being able to perform genjutsu through performance or instrument. Can perform B rank ninjutsu and lower at gennin, A rank at Chunnin, and S rank at Jounin. At Konin, all ninjutsu cost 5 less chakra to perform if performed through an instrument or performance. at Sannin, ninjutsu cost 10 less chakra if performed through instrument or performance.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

brooystart

Tao-Benshin

CanoodlingFlibbertyJibbit

Character by © Lanfaer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:12 am
User Image
Kaolin Satetsu | 250 / 250 Chakra | 250 / 250 Stamina

Walking eagerly into a room full of scrolls, Kao took five small ones then laid them out one by one on the floor. He began to read and analyze them. This was all very important at the moment, because he was going to try his hand at mastering all these techniques he was trying to understand.

-Kiss of Flesh and Steel Stage 1-

They were all very simple for him though, the techniques. They were bukijutsu styles and as luck would have it, Kaolin was blessed with great proficiency at bukijutsu. These moves, such as a quick draw of his sword then two outward slashes were child's play. (1/1 Pressing Lips)

Time barely passed as Kaolin absorbed the gist of each move so easily. It was just so simple and easy for him, even for someone of his blood. Now the move he was studying was another outward slash, then a sheathing of the blade. (1/1 Retreating Kiss)

It was just ten minutes since Kaolin began, and he had already mastered the first stage of the first scroll. He had a good start, and he was hoping to keep up the progress. He had just finished learning a move where one would fake drawing the blade, then either jab with the blunt side of the weapon or give whoever was on the receiving end a very painful punch. (1/1 Kiss On The Cheek)

-Kaze no Zougenotou Stage 1-

Next was another weapon style that involved a personal favorite of Kaolin's, staves. As he was reading the scroll he imagined himself taking the fighting stance of the style, one foot forward with a firm grip of the staff and everything. It was quite similar to how he'd hold the staff in freeform combat. (1/1 Fighting Stance)

Next he'd imagine himself blocking an attack, either with a horizontal or vertical positioning of the staff. It was a good enough defense, if the person attacking was untrained in any martial art. Meaning it was a very poor defense in actuality, because Kaolin was meeting taijutsu and bukijutsu ninja very, very frequently as of late. (1/1 Basic Block)

Next was striking, from the stance one would 'slap' the side of the staff to an opponent. It would have been painful if it wasn't imaginary, because Kaolin was freaking buff. It was sadly just image training in his head though. (1/1 Slapstick)

-Shunkan no Hagane Stage 1-

Next was another favorite of Kaolin's. A style highly praised worldwide for it's versatility and deadliness. A style that beginners and veterans of swordplay practice because of the many benefits learning the style gives. It's various techniques spread out from the basics to amazing, superhuman acts that people at the peak of physical fitness are the only ones capable of performing. At the moment Kaolin wasn't looking for any of that big time stuff, he had to start from the bottom, so that's what he was doing. All of the basics of the style he tried. First was the basic overhead strike. Second was the forward step to boost striking power and allow for quick movement while attacking. Third was the backward step for quick movement to evade. Fourth was a good old plain thrust with the blade. Fifth and finally was the basic block which worked best for chops and slices. It only took a few minutes to perform them all on and around a training dummy, a very poor, beat up one that looked like it would break down soon. After Kaolin was done he returned to the scrolls on the floor, he would put back the last two scrolls, he would return to them later after reporting to the Kage the poor state of the training dummies in the dojo and how they needed replacing, hopefully immediately because Kaolin wasn't gonna be able to start his real training session without a good solid target to hit. (Basic Block/Chop/Stab, Forward/Backward Step learned 1/1 1/1 1/1 1/1 1/1)

Kaolin left the building, and headed for the Kage's office.

Desin Slight

Desin Slight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:58 am
User Image
Kaolin Satetsu | 250 / 250 Chakra | 250 / 250 Stamina

After inserting a hefty amount of chakra into the training dummy from the shop, Kaolin would begin a very long round of training, he could still recall all the techniques from the scrolls he had read earlier. So it was all about putting everything into practice now. He passed the dummy a wooden katana, Kaolin also resorted to one so he wouldn't obliterate the dummy.

(Below is Kiss of Flesh and Steel Stage 2-4)
Kiss of Flesh and Steel Stage 2-

First, he charged at the dummy. Then once close enough he would do a full momentum horizontal slash, followed by another rotational swing. While going through the simple motions he decided upon calling the dummy a foreign name he once stumbled upon in books. Bob. (Alluring Lick 1/1)

Bob retaliated the first strike with a wide swing, which Kaolin countered with a wide parry. The resulting clash offset both him and Kaolin. Kaolin was better off in this situation though, since he was able to use the momentum to follow up with a kick while Bob was helpless. (Waiting Kiss 1/1)

Next both stayed on their guard, so Kaolin took the offensive once again. Performing a quick snap-slash to break Bob's iron-clad, made of bronze defense then punching Bob in the stomach. It all worked so perfectly. It was a side effect of being born for close quarters combat. Kaolin smiled and lost focus for a moment, which resulted in Bob being able to whack him clean on the head. (Tongue Kiss 2/2)

Stage 3-

Kaolin, rather enraged at himself and Bob, followed up with some loose, fast horizontal slashes. Bob parried each one but was forced back every strike. Eventually Kaolin ended the onslaught on an off-step, allowing him to close distance and make a very sneaky gut punch. Or rather, a strike to where a gut would be if Bob was real. Good thing he wasn't though, Kaolin hit like a truck when he was mad. (Trembling Lips 2/2)

The battle continued on, this time Kao was the one evading. Bob's slashes of fury were unlike any other in the world. That was mostly because Bob was made of wood, he had no fury or any other feelings at all. Kaolin jumped back quite a bit, and fell to one knee. He then kept the sword of his to his side, ready to strike. As soon as Bob caught up, Kaolin evaded the slashes once more by rolling to the side while slashing. It was a much more advanced technique from the next stage but it was perfect in this situation. Kaolin then got up from his roll. He jumped back once more and repeated the move. He did this over and over till he got the timing right. Till he got down on his knee and rolled just as the strike came, so he wouldn't waste time kneeling in a sword fight like an idiot. Execution had to be perfect, and it didn't take long for Kaolin to reach that level. (Sudden Kiss 5/5 for Stage 4)

From then on Kaolin stopped rolling around, he would meet the next strike with the same wide parry as earlier. Like earlier, the two lost their footing. Very much unlike earlier though, was how Kaolin would not use momentum to kick. Instead, during the offset of footing Kaolin jumped and kicked Bob on the chest area then backflipped. The move created distance and made good damage at the same time. (Accidental Kiss 2/2)

After that, Kaolin would exaggerate the next dodge after he waited for Bob to approach and strike once more. The dodge was so faulty to normal people, but it wasn't without reason. Kaolin then caught himself on his right hand as he fell then made a fluid full circle slash with his blade hand. He managed to strike Bob's legs and cause him to tumble over. He then assumed a normal fighting stance as Bob struggled to get up. He awaited Bob's next move. (Hickey 2/2)

Seeing as Bob took forever to compose himself, Kaolin took advantage of the situation. He took a few four, five steps back. Then bending his knees, then jumping forward as he front flipped. It was just enough so that the end position of the flip would be his legs outstretched to smash Bob in the head. Luckily the dummy was sturdier than normal, and all Kaolin did was send Bob back to the ground but not damage him. (Spinning Tongue 2/2)

Stage 4-

Finally getting into the real serious moves of the style, Kaolin started preparing himself mentally to do the moves. If Bob was a human, he would feel this, and be horrified of how badly he was going to get hit, several times. First Kao, dashed forward and slashed to put Bob off guard. As Bob parried with his sword hand, Kao quickly reached out for Bob's unarmed hand and grabbed it with all his might. As he did, he kicked Bob in the side. Normally a dummy would have only one arm after this, but boy was this dummy tough. Kaolin yanked to no effect, and Bob was able to get in a clean hit to Kaolin's head once more. It was all pretty comedic how frustrated he would be, but also at the same time on the inside Kaolin was happy he made a good purchase. Kaolin moved back a bit, and then waited for the next move. (Broken Heart's Kiss 4/4)

Next Kaolin would bleed chakra into his wooden katana. For some few moments of his time he just evaded strikes. He did this till his wooden blade was full of it. Next, Kaolin suddenly shifted to the offense and surprised Bob. Kaolin wasted no time in his movements. He made a simple and direct thrust for Bob's chest area. No doubt a normal human would be dead by now, a sword having pierced their heart so cleanly. Bob was made of some kind of freakishly strong wood however, so despite the powerful stab Bob only sustained a small mark on his chest. Annoyed, Kaolin did the last part of the jutsu which was a kick to normally clean the blade of the impaled. He then readied himself to take on the last technique of the style he could learn for now. It was a sad restriction by his superiors that genin could only learn B rank jutsu and nothing more, but Kaolin could do nothing about it except make the most of what he had. That's exactly what he planned to do. (Breath Taking Kiss 5/5)

Next Kaolin focused his chakra to the blunt side of the weapon and smacked it against Bob's stomach area with a two handed horizontal swing. Then as he hit, he continued the swing to push Bob away. To add to this the chakra inside the blade was released. All in all it was an excellent move for pushing people off balance while doing good damage. It seemed that was the real focus of the style, and it made perfect sense to Kaolin. A mix of taijutsu and bukijutsu to create a flexible style usable in both honorable duels and all out brawls. Kaolin then waited for Bob to get back up. As soon as he did, he focused chakra into his off hand and performed a palm strike to Bob's side. Then he pushed and released the chakra with very much the same results. Then he did the same with the soles of his boots. He gave it a good, strong frontal kick. Bob flew back quite a bit thanks to all the force Kaolin was exerting in addition to the chakra he used. (Folding Lips 5/5)

After that exhaustingly long (but actually quite short) fight using the style, Kaolin brought the spar between him and his dummy to a close. He then got two fighting sticks the same length as Kaolin and passed one to Bob. He would then try his hand at Kaze no Zougenotou.
(Below is Kaze no Zougenotou Stage 2-4)

First was the basics. forward steps without breaking stance. Quite simple enough for anyone. Kaolin and Bob both performed it perfectly. (Forward Step 1/1)

Next was your everday smack on the head with the stick. Kaolin and Bob both tried to smack each other at once, but Kaolin was significantly stronger and faster. He stopped Bob's strike and countered with his own successfully.
(Smack 1/1)

Next was your everyday jab with a stick. Same setup, Kaolin and Bob, both trying to attack at the same time. Like before, Kaolin was successful. (Jab 1/1)

Next was the Firm Stance, which was the same as the normal stance but the feet were further apart so the stance was a bit lower. It was meant to be a defensive, turtling stance. Kaolin didn't really like it since his mobility was too hindered as a result. (Firm Stance 1/1)

Stage 3 -

Next he had to spin his staff to practice wielding it fluidly. It wasn't a combat move. It was merely training done to improve one's overall performance with the style. Kaolin and Bob both did it easily. It was so uneventful because of how simple and easy it was to Kaolin. At least because Kaolin was good at bukijutsu this period of boredom with training passed in no time at all. He also had his good friend, the training dummy Bob to pass the time with. Kaolin barely felt the time pass as he trained spinning the stick. Heck, he was done before anyone even noticed. No one was watching him though so that doesn't really count for anything, but regardless, Kaolin was done with this training. Absolutely done. (Dexterity: Spinning the Staff 3/3)

Next was the 'Weak' Stance. It was weak supposedly because footing was less strong, but it gave more speed. In Kaolin's eyes, that made it strong. So Kaolin made sure to master the stance. Kaolin gave this particular technique special attention as he was going about trying to perform this stance. Feet shoulder width apart and all, Kaolin did the stance, and mastered the stance in no time at all. (Weak Stance 2/2)

While in the Weak Stance, Kaolin would face Bob. As was done earlier, they would both attempt to attack each other at the same time. It went without saying the Kaolin would be victorious, but Kaolin still needed to try the move before being sure of himself. It was called Knock, a jab with the very edge of the tip of the staff. Such a small area focused all the energy of the blow, meaning the strike had such great potential when one had a lot of strength. (Knock 2/2)

After that, Kaolin pivoted from the Weak Stance on his forward foot into a spin step of sorts. He did this while ducking, allowing him to evade a horizontal swing by Bob. Immediately Kaolin took a liking to the move because of how fun it was to do, and how useful it was since it could link to other moves quite easily. (Spin Step 2/2)

Next Kaolin found himself swinging the staff in an arc to hit incoming attacks by Bob. It was quite an effective block. Everytime he hit Bob's attack it almost nearly pushed him off balance because of it's effectiveness. Kaolin liked this move. Kaolin did his best to master this move, and repeated it with Bob several times over till he had it down, till it was second to breathing. (Sweeping Block 2/2)

Next Kaolin was spinning the staff around while bleeding chakra into the staff. He did this while Bob was throwing kunai and shuriken at him. The violent spinning was done to practice Kaolin's ability to defend himself while striking nearby attackers. 1/3

He continued the spinning motion as he quickly approached Bob. Bob on the other hand continued chucking kunai and shuriken. 2/3

As Kaolin was within range, he stopped the spinning and jabbed the left knee of Bob with all his might. Combined with the force of chakra, Bob fell down to the ground. A normal human would keel over in pain thanks to the force, but luckily for Bob, he wasn't human. Whirlwind 3/3

Next Kaolin put even more chakra into the staff. He would then trade blows with Bob till he could get a clear opening for a powerful chakra enhanced jab. 1/3

Bob's defenses were rock solid this time, for whatever reason. Kaolin was pressured to find an opening. It was only a matter of time before the dummy would show it's weak spot in it's defense and Kaolin would strike. 2/3

There, to the center, the stomach area of Bob. Kaolin pushed away Bob's staff with Sweeping Block and ran chakra into the staff as he jabbed the staff forward. He hit with only the very edge to further increase the destructive power of the jutsu. The force left Bob flying but still very much undamaged thanks to superior quality. Chakra Release 3/3

Stage 4-

Next was more training. This time it was footwork practice to allow more freedom and ease of movement in stances. To start Kaolin took the Firm Stance. 1/5
Then Kaolin would do some techniques while sparring with Bob. Bob would do his best to attack Kaolin's legs. Kaolin would do his best to evade while remaining in the stance. 2/5
The sparring continued, it was quite uneventful but also quite helpful. Bit by bit Kaolin found movement in even the most restricting stance improving. It was only a matter of time before he could move fluidly. 3/5
Just a little bit more now, Kaolin was more like slime when moving now. Fluid but lacking, he needed to flow like water. Like a famous martial artist once said, one must be like 'wata'. 4/5
With a few more minutes of continous sparring in the stance, Kaolin had improved footwork quite a bit. Now he was less restricted by the limitations of movement the stances gave. 5/5 Dexterity: Footwork

Next Kaolin was tasked with mastering an improved spin step. It simply required more power put into the movement. Also one was to spin the staff during the step to deflect attacks. 1/4
Kaolin walked a quite a ways away from Bob then assumed a stance. Next he would perform the spin step. Unlike a normal spin step, he put out much more power into the move to force himself forward a greater distance. 2/4
Not quite reaching the distance he'd desired, Kaolin tried it again. This time he got three-fourths of the way there. One more try should do it. 3/4
As easy as snapping his fingers, Kaolin successfully performed the move. He then got in position for the next technique. 4/4 Step of The Desert

Next Kaolin would have Bob try to strike him. He would just stand there, and let Bob try to hit him from any angle and any side. Kaolin would be confident in his blocking skills. 1/4
He would spin the staff furiously around his body. Perfectly defending himself from Bob's attacks, Kaolin was untouchable. Bob tried persistently but failed every time. 2/4
It continued on for a few more minutes. And for a few more minutes Bob would continue to fail in attacking Kaolin. Kaolin smiled as he easily deflected Bob while landing several of his own hits through the spinning. 3/4
Kaolin stopped, he would move on to another technique. Kaolin then readied himself physically and mentally for the next one. 4/4 Full Block

Next Kaolin assumed the basic stance. He then lowered the staff's bottom end so it was toward the ground. He then spun in a manner similar to the spin step. 1/4
Kaolin's spin was such that the bottom end would meet Bob's head. Or it would have had Bob not parried it. Kaolin, dissappointed would try it again till he landed a hit. 2/4
After backing away and evading Bob's retaliation, Kaolin assumed stance again. This time it was a direct hit, but Bob was once again largely undamaged. 3/4
Kaolin did it once more, and landed another clean hit. At this point Kaolin considered himself to have perfected the move. Kaolin would then move on to the next one. 4/4 Circle Step

Kaolin would then start putting chakra in his staff. He drew on his small reserves of chakra from inside him and slowly flowed it towards his arms, then to his hands, then inside the wooden stick. He had to get a feel for it first. 1/5
After that, he would try striking Bob, who was now holding a steel sword. As the weapons clashed, the stick instead of being cut in two was only very slightly cut. It was not what Kaolin was going for, but it was a step in the right direction. 2/5
He redid the process. Calling upon his chakra again, then bleeding it into the weapon. He was able to do it much faster now. 3/5
Then he would clash weapons with Bob again. This time the stick held it's ground against the sharp sword. It only suffered a very small, almost unnoticeable cut. 4/5
Then one more try, Kaolin did. He achieved the same results as the last, so he considered the technique mastered. He would then try something else. 5/5 Strength of Ivory

Next Kaolin was to do a jab. So he did one, and it hit Bob and barely anything happened. Kaolin would then try it again with more oomph in the blow. 1/5
Unsatisfied since the jab was not enough, Kaolin would do it again. This time Bob was forced back one step. It was a good start. 2/5
Now the jab was enough to push Bob to the ground. It was still lacking. Mayhaps chakra in the strike would satisfy Kaolin? 3/5
He would blow all the chakra in the staff out at the same time the jab hit. Bam! The blow sent Bob flying to the wall. It was an amazing technique. 4/5
As Bob got up, Kaolin would then try it again. But this time, he would try it on the ground. This time, Kaolin was the one sent flying, a huge cloud of dust where Kaolin launched off. 5/5 Launch

Then Kaolin's swordplay was found lacking in Kaolin's mind, so that was obviously next.
(Below is Shunkan Stage 2-4)

Stage 2
Blocks, grinds, deflections, and disarming movements were all that comprised the second stage of Shunkan no Hagane. They were all useful movements, and quite simple to do. Kaolin would then spar with Bob and try to incorporate them into his battle style. 1/4

Some pivoting movements here and there, Kaolin found this so easy. Some blade grinding to close distance. Some quick and powerful parries to disarm or deflect. 2/4

Kaolin continued sparring with Bob. It wasn't long from now that Kaolin would master this stage. He just kept going at it with all his might. 3/4

A few short minutes later Kaolin was done. He had mastered the stage and could do every technique of it flawlessly. Now he would move on to more difficult challenges in life, like the 3rd stage. 4/4 The Entire Stage 2

Stage 3-

First move; a series of fine point stabs and slices done with great speed and considerable power.Wounds inflicted would be shallow, but very painful for those that could feel. Bob was a cold, heartless, unfeeling, uncaring b*****d though, and was made of very tough wood, so the technique was wasted on him. Kaolin was still learning from practicing it on him though. He was putting his swordplay on an entirely new level from learning these simple moves. Kaolin was already feeling stronger even though it was merely his technique that was improving and not his body. 2/2 Calligraphy

Next, Kaolin was to slash with such force that the air around the slash bent to Kaolin's will. The air was to form a blade that would extend Kaolin's swords reach. Kaolin had practically gorilla strength, and could achieve this move with ease. Even if he didn't have such strength, he had skills with the sword that could easily allow him to perform this move. Kaolin slashed the air right next to Bob's stomach, and a moment after a small cut formed. Kaolin was pleased with his execution and wonld try the next technique. 2/2 Extension

Next Kaolin would tie a very strong thread from one tree outside the dojo to another. He would practice walking on it till he had better balance. It wasn't a sword technique, but it had it's uses in swordplay. Kaolin would at first walk at a turtle's pace, then faster. Moments later he could walk at his normal pace without fear of falling because of his improved balance. Kaolin then moved on to the next technique. 2/2 Thread Walking

Solid footing was incredibly useful to have. Kaolin needed it more than other ninja because of his reliance on taijutsu and bukijutsu. Kaolin would now strive to achieve it. He would have Bob push him, over and over. Bob would do this till in and out of stance Kaolin would not be thrown off balance. They repeated it and Kaolin finished the exercise with rock solid footing. 2/2 Solid Footing

Stage 4-
Next Kaolin was to practice the art of 'Swordslinging'. It was simple really. Kaolin had to attack with a sword, sheathe it, draw another and attack, then sheathe it and draw another. 1/4
It was basically rinse and repeat. Kaolin got four other swords in addition to his own wakizashi and started. He went at a speed that Bob could handle parrying while still being able to practice the art. 2/4
Kaolin quickly got the hang of things. Pretty soon he was an onslaught of blades. Kaolin continued his barrage, eventually even at his supposedly manageable speed Bob couldn't handle it. 3/4
The result of the exercise was Bob having only the sheathe of the wooden sword left, and several small cuts. Kaolin might have went overboard, he wanted to preserve Bob as much as possible. He now moved on to the next technique. 4/4 Swordslinging

Kaolin's next move was to stab, then draw it back slightly then attack an area close to the original stab. This was meant to be so fast the second strike was near impossible to see when facing someone of the same rank. 1/4
Kaolin did it well enough, Bob was speechless at the speed Kaolin's second strike came. 2/4
Kaolin continued trying it out, making several small marks on Bob's chest. Bob was still unable to do anything about it. Kaolin would then move the stabs around so as not to damage Bob so much. 3/4
Now Kaolin had perfected the move. Kaolin then moved on to the next techniques. Kaolin really wanted to finish training but that wasn't done so easily. 4/4 Illusory Double

Next Kaolin had to tell Bob's location without looking. He closed his eyes and let Bob wander around. From the noises his wooden feet were making he could find out. 1/4
Through sensory information, Kaolin could tell where Bob was. He couldn't tell however where Bob was going or how fast he was moving. It was still a basic sensory technique. 2/4
Kaolin continued on with the training. While earlier he couldn't accurately locate Bob, now it was quite easy. 3/4
Kaolin could now easily tell Bob's location within the dojo room. Now with that finished Kaolin would try another technique. 4/4 Sensory Information

Kaolin was now tasked with swinging the sword the same way he would during Extension. There was a little twist to this though, Kaolin's swing had to even move the air behind the blade. The air would then move to form an air blade that struck after the initial attack. 1/4
It was a move that was almost superhuman in it's requirements. Kaolin really had to step up his game for this one. Kaolin would clash weapons with Bob till the air blade came to be. 2/4
Each strike resulting in a loud clang, metal met metal in a crash of explosive force. Kaolin had used enough strength to challenge Bob but not overpower him. He didn't need to, the air blade would complete the job for him. 3/4
Kaolin eventually got the move right, and in one last final clash of steel the air blade followed up and did work. It struck in the same place, and with considerable enough force to break Bob's sword in half. Kaolin then tried the next move. 4/4 Air Blade

Kaolin would now perform the same fine point slices and stabs of the move Calligraphy. He would bring it to the next level, by adding even greater force and speed in the move. 1/4
Kaolin's slashes and stabs were now far too fast for Bob to do anything but get hit. Very small cuts and marks had appeared all over Bob's body, especially his arms. Kaolin was really starting to get the hang of the sword. 2/4
It wasn't long from now, Kaolin could feel it. He was getting close to achieving his skill ceiling for now. In a matter of time Kaolin could feel himself attaining Chuunin rank. 3/4
Kaolin finished absolutely destroying Bob in a sword match. All around Bob's body were cuts made by Kaolin's excellent sword work. Kaolin was pleased with his execution so he now moved on to the next technique. 4/4 Brush Stroke

Now Kaolin would redo the twin blade technique. He would hand Bob the highest quality swords the dojo had to offer. Then he would repeat clashing swords with him. 1/4
His aim now was to be able to improve how many air blades he could unleash. It was a move that raw power alone was not enough to do, one needed precise technique too. As a revered swordsman once said, without technique a sword is but an iron bar. 2/4
Was it then an iron bar in Kaolin's hands? Was he worthy to be called a swordsman? For Kaolin and his teachers, all gave him a seal of approval. 3/4
Did the world think so too however? Was he meant for greatness or was he just more cannon fodder? Kaolin shook these thoughts from his mind as he suddenly noticed his next strike let out several blades of air and absolutely destroyed Bob's blade. 4/4 Hydra Strike

Next Kaolin would hand Bob another high quality blade. Now he would wait, evade and walk around Bob's attacks till the right moment. It was a waiting game that paid off. 1/4
No sooner had he started waiting, the moment showed itself. Bob swung his blade too wide. Kaolin then swung for the point of the blade just beyond the middle with all his might. 2/4
The strike not only disarmed Bob, sent the blade flying, but it also did a good number on the blade itself. It almost nearly shattered. Kaolin was already getting better at this. 3/4
Now, Kaolin handed Bob another blade. Before going on to the next technique Kaolin would do the move one last time. It took a few longer moments but just like the first execution Kaolin did it perfectly. 4/4 Disarming Two

Now Kaolin would allow Bob to continue attacking. Sword fights were more than just offense, defense was the other half of the battle that most failed to realize. Often upstart ninja would charge in blindly to their deaths. 1/4
Kaolin wasn't like them, he planned to survive in this world. He was already born with gifts above most cannon fodder, so he was to make good use of them. Kaolin continued on with the evasion and parrying of Bob's attacks. 2/4
If Kaolin were to move up in this deadly world, planning was necessary. Though was it necessary for the life he wanted? Kaolin felt pretty complete being able to fill his pockets and stomach, but there was this small part of him that wanted more. 3/4
As Bob tried to do an overhead strike, Kaolin changed his style from defense to offense immediately. He would swing to Bob's left and redirect the strike. Then he would do an inward swing right after. 4/4

Next was a very straightforward move, literally. Through it, any offensive techniques and defensive techniques doubled in their strength and effectiveness. It was appropriately called Advance of Steel. 1/4
Kaolin raised his blade in front of him and held it with both hands. He kept both feet apart. In this stance he would wait, parry and defend himself from Bob. 2/4
It took a few minutes of continuous clashing of steel, but Kaolin had found the right moment to strike. As Bob performed another overhead strike Kaolin charged forward putting his entire body into the motions. The result was easily slicing apart Bob's blade and sending it flying into the dojo wall. 3/4
And with that the young man was done. His swordplay was no longer that of the cannon fodder his mind considered it to be. He was now someone to take notice of at someone his rank, in bukijutsu at least. 4/4 Advance of Steel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Tao-Benshin

Lanfaer

Desin Slight

Theodin PoeUser Image

There is Fenris grim
His jaws are open wide
The serpent rises from the waves
Jormungandr twists and turns, mighty in his wrath
The eyes are full of primal hate

The clone of Theodin wandered into the dojo, looking around he saw a few younger ninja he didn't recognize, so figured they were genin. He decided to call out, "Hey everyone, if you need help with training, just call me over."

Vingthor slays the guardian snake
leading to the death
twilight of the thundergod
Ragnarök awaits

Class: Ninjutsu
Chakra: 1335 / 1335
Sage Chakra: --- / 445
Stamina: 875 / 875
Jutsu Used:

Passives: Hsing-I Pakua: Awareness bonus – 6 stages
Jungle Roots (JSJF): footing and stability increased
Never an Idle Limb (JSJF): can use legs to attack and defend as well as the arms
Panther’s Pounce (JSJF): mundane mobility and kicking power increased

Valbjorn

Demonic Raider

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

Desin Slight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:41 am
Valbjorn

With the arrival of this white-haired ninja, Kao thought it would be best to take advantage of this situation and approach his senior. "Um, sensei? The name's Kaolin Satetsu. I don't suppose you know Hsing-I Pakua?"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:42 am
User Image

α к ιɢ α ɢ α η є
α ɢ є :: 2 0ɢ є η ∂ є r :: м α ℓ єɢ є η ι ηs υ η α ɢ α к υ r є
вυкιנυтsυ :: мysтιc нєrσмє∂ιcαℓ :: sρєcιαℓιsт
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
r y σ :: 両 0 0α c :: 0 0
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
c н α к r α :: 3 5 0 / 3 5 0ѕ т α м ι η α :: 2 0 0 / 2 0 0
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
мσσ∂ :: Exasperated

« Don't take things so seriously. You'll get old fast. »

-----syri's remark received another scowl from me. In no way was I being a 'douche', as he so plainly put, but he moved on before I had the chance to say anything about it. He wanted the Kazekage's help in training? I would have preferred to avoid that. We hadn't even met the woman, aside from a cardboard cutout... and the headbands literally crawling their way out of her desk. That was something I had never understood, because they most certainly were inanimate now. I subconsciously reached for the headband around my neck to make sure that was actually true then shifted it to make it look like that's what I'd originally intended.
-----I opened my mouth to respond, but someone shouted out across the dome, informing they were there to help anyone who needed it. A little convenient if you as me. Besides that, it was always awkward having someone younger teach me; since I'd decided to become a shinobi at the same time as my siblings, and I was three years older, I was old in general for a genin. But that wasn't something I could help. I turned my gaze back to my younger brother, and pointed to the exit. "We can find Fia if you want." Dropping my hand, I shrugged. "Or stay and train. We could spar I guess, if you wanted."

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
« A bit of optimism never hurts. »

►► O. O. C. ◄◄

• sнυrιкєη :: 10
• кυηαι :: 05

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂

αcтιvє αвιℓιтιєs

pαssιvє αвιℓιтιєs
• Upper body strength increase [Fuu no Odachi - Stage Two]

• +25 chakra/stamina per rank [Power Package]
• D-ranked techniques and lower can be used without hand signs [Mystic Hero Discipline]
• Bukijutsu techniques require twenty (20) less stamina [Personal Attribute]

• 3 post reduction to Bukijutsu wielding large weapons [Personal Attribute]
• 1 post reduction to Bukijutsu [Class Reduction]
• 1 post reduction to Eiseijutsu [Class Reduction]

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Lanfaer

Artwork and character © Tao-Benshin  

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Valbjorn

Demonic Raider

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:12 pm

Desin Slight

Theodin PoeUser Image

There is Fenris grim
His jaws are open wide
The serpent rises from the waves
Jormungandr twists and turns, mighty in his wrath
The eyes are full of primal hate

Seeing someone walking his way, Theodin turned, “Nice to meet you, Kaolin.. wow, there’s been a pretty quick increase in the number of satetsu clan members lately….Anyway, yeah, I know Hsing-I, it’s a fun style, I’d be glad to help you learn it.” Theodin had a bit of a smile on his face, he’d been wanting to help the lower ranked shinobi of the village train for a while, but there had never been any around or he’d been busy. After a second, he said quickly, “Oh, I’m Theodin Poe, by the way..”

After a few seconds of thought, He said "Well, let's get to training, Kaolin. The first stage is mostly meditating. You must learn and understand the essences of the 5 elements of the style: the bursting,exploding dance of fire; the strength, stability, and inner activity of earth; the sharp decisiveness of metal, the soft, flowing, but devastating power of water, and the ability of wood to smother everything with it's roots and branches."

Vingthor slays the guardian snake
leading to the death
twilight of the thundergod
Ragnarök awaits

Class: Ninjutsu
Chakra: 1335 / 1335
Sage Chakra: --- / 445
Stamina: 875 / 875
Jutsu Used:

Passives: Hsing-I Pakua: Awareness bonus – 6 stages
Jungle Roots (JSJF): footing and stability increased
Never an Idle Limb (JSJF): can use legs to attack and defend as well as the arms
Panther’s Pounce (JSJF): mundane mobility and kicking power increased

☼ [ Hidden Sand Village } Sunagakure

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games