Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:03 pm
I actually don't see any disarm rules in the PHB, but I'm going to forgo any OA or warden's mark actions Kuori would be provoking with the attempt, if any.  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:17 pm
PupSage
Disarming is a thing right?
Sadly a word search of the Rules Compendium finds no mentioning of Disarm. Same can be said for Sunder, Tripping, or Pie-making... cry

Outside class powers and skill actions, it seems the only options are to grab it, stab it, shove it, and shot it.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:20 pm
I am alsi assuming that I am using my previos diplomacy roll since Kow said it wouldn't count until my turn, but if disarming isn't a thing and that is not what Kow wants me to do, then that nat 1 is my diplomacy roll ... yay me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:08 pm
Kouri can try to grab one of their weapons if she wants. I'll come up with my own rules...still a natural one though.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:25 pm
Kowsauni

Since this puts Revenge out the door instead, this means some map-redoing for the missus. My apologies, Alphabet!  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:37 pm
Its actually going to to cause a lot of stuff to change, but that will have to be for tomorrow night.  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:16 am
Sorry, to add your work and to Revenge/Kuori's pain.

That sounded allot more diabolic than intended.

Life Siphon
Encounter ✦ arcane, healing
Immediate Reaction Personal
Trigger: An ally within 10 squares of you takes damage
Effect: You gain a +2 power bonus to one attack roll before the end of your next turn.
Infernal Pact: You gain (6) temporary hit points equal to twice your Constitution modifier.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:08 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
Sorry, to add your work and to Revenge/Kuori's pain.

That sounded allot more diabolic than intended.

Life Siphon
Encounter ✦ arcane, healing
Immediate Reaction Personal
Trigger: An ally within 10 squares of you takes damage
Effect: You gain a +2 power bonus to one attack roll before the end of your next turn.
Infernal Pact: You gain (6) temporary hit points equal to twice your Constitution modifier.

If you are going to be using that immediate reaction go ahead and post it in the main thread.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:02 am
If Kuori survives somehow, and is concious ... I am channelling some non-violent divine wrath. If I had actually read my sheet I'd have done it last turn.  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:36 am
Any one besides me think everyone in this hospital wanted Kuori and Revenge to die?

Girl behind the counter gets mad that the TWO adventurers wanted to wait and plan, barter, and/or unite the team. When confronted with possible plan b's, from a third member, she calls for her own plan C. Which include 5 heavy infantry soldiers and one mage, who arrive faster than Valac and Illikan could be summoned. And are experienced in this type of combat(this should've been plan A from the start, not the Nobodies who just walked in for a ritual and supplies it). The mage repeats a few times that it would be foolish to take on the devil alone(Yet, the counter girl, a wounded soldier, and I believe a medic wanted Kuori and Revenge to go in alone).

Am I missing anything? Cause, at the moment I wish Ruin was Evil.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:25 am
The Ritual Clerk never asked for any of you to go alone. Having an idealistic vision (at least up to this point), she trusted in your group's abilities to solve the situation and offered to pay for your services by giving the ritual Kuori wanted and the components needed to cast it for free. Instead of either politely accepting or declining the offer, Kuori instead tried to barter using Faeleen's life and ended the conversation ominously by threatening to cut off Faeleen's head. Panicked, the clerk sends for help.

During this time Ruin comes over and begins to argue with and insult the clerk when she doesn't give him the answers he wants to hear. The Devil-soul purification team then arrives on scene with the dual purpose of protecting Faeleen from the threat against her life and purifying the evil spirit. Revenge immediately begins to insult and threaten to fight them, talking about how he has to be the one to do it. The situation was finally about to settle when Kuori physically assaults the leader of the purification team. She then refuses to drop her weapons as ordered and tries to grab one of the weapons of the soldiers.

This situation was brought on entirely by the the party's choice of actions and now these are the consequences. The clerk responded as an average person might when confronted with yelling, threatening people. The team is responding similarly to any other soldier or law enforcement officer would if he was assaulted and someone attempted to take his weapon out of his hands.  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:12 am
I was trying to see where everything went wrong and ended up getting confused. sweatdrop

And correction, he only agrued with her over her "Adventurers were supposed to be heroes" line. That can be a very dangerous board stroke. The Arch-devil could have been viewed as an adventurer.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:59 pm
Everything has pretty much read as a chain of misunderstanding and overreaction on all sides. Revenge thought he was saving unawares soldiers from a spiritual/religious contest they weren't ready for, dropped it when he learned otherwise. Ruin seems like he's a nice guy who's super prickly as a defensive measure. Kuori I don't have a good read on yet. Unfortunately all of the above set hostile tones and things have just escalated continually instead of anyone backing off. Headbutt was kind of nail in the coffin though- hitting an officer inside of their encampment is a bad idea in any context.

Illikan, for his part, missed almost all of the context before the last several seconds, which unfortunately paint Kuori in a pretty bad light.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games