Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 179 180 181 182 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:59 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Xistund
User Image

Unsorted, First year, Muggleborn

David had his name called out. He could not believe he was face to face with a talking hat. Must be animatronic or something. Maybe the 'wizards' drugged him on the platform or something. There was no way any of this stuff was happening walking through walls, chocolate that moved on its own and now this. No it can't be it should not have the same effect on everyone."Well here goes nothing"
He said as he took the seat.
'So what, this things going to read my mind and tell me where I need to go?'
He thought to himself as he waited for the hat to 'talk'.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a down to earth person, calm and collected. I tend to be straight face showing no sign of emotion and I'm serious. I tend to keep others out of my problems and like to do things myself. I would like people not to come to come to me with there petty problems distracting me from what I'm doing. So come off a bit cold and uncaring. I'm a bit arrogant and have a bit of an ego. I not afrade to tell people what I think of them even if its not nice and it gets me in quite a few fights.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Down to earth,
Serious and focused
A tad cold ad unkind
But you have plenty of courage.
So I think I'll put you here,

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:03 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

heather030595
User Image
                                          You say we're both little people and you like it that way, but in time I'm gonna put this body to shame
                                          And grow old, wear a suit like my old man. Pack up all my things and get my a** out of town.
                                          We've got it good, whether you like this town or not. I know it's small but with a big head, it's bound to get hot...

User Image

In the summer, but the summer is a bummer if you can't leave this pathetic excuse for a town.
                                          That holds all your memories, a lifetime of crushes and your broken dreams.
                                          To be anywhere but here, but baby anywhere is away from me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chris stood in line with the other students, standing up on his tiptoes to peek over the taller ones to catch a glimpse at what was going on. A hat. A hat would decide their fate at this school. At least, that's what the man who smelled like a doctor said, anyways. There was something about houses too. Would they all be sharing a house after they were "Sorted" and be cramped up in one room together? He hoped not. That would be very uncomfortable. What were they again? He had heard some students whispering about which houses they wanted to be in. There was Ravenclaw, where the smart ones went. Slytherin apparently had all the scary kids, and Hufflepuff's were really nice and friendly. And Gryffindor, where the brave were Sorted. Honestly, Chris wouldn't be able to think of which house he might end up in. He wasn't super smart, or scary, so Ravenclaw and Slytherin were probably not in his future, but he could see himself as a Hufflepuff or a Gryffindor. Yeah. He was friendly, and plenty brave enough too.

One by one, each student was called up to the front to be Sorted. It was actually pretty interesting to him, given that he had never seen a hat talk before. How did it know where to put you? Did it read your mind, or tap into your brain like an alien? Chris was pulled from his thoughts when he heard his name above the crowd. "Christofer Little!" "That's me!" he exclaimed as he crept through the crowd of First Year's. Now in full view, it could be noted that the boy wasn't wearing any shoes. He also had a bright red ukulele gripped in his hand. He never left home without it, after all. Chris pulled himself onto the chair and looked out at all of the students sitting at different colored tables. 'Wow. There sure are a lot of kids here. And all of them have magic? Wicked.' he thought as the hat was carefully placed on his head. His messy brown hair got in his eyes, but he didn't dare move to brush it away. The hat was about to speak, and what it said would lead him further down the path that would provide a great adventure, probably one of his greatest adventures yet.

Quote:
                                          People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a pretty mellow guy. I'm usually pretty calm and rational in my thought process too, which helps when trying to deal with certain people. Usually, I tend to agree with most everyone, unless they've proved to me that they are not to be trusted, so... I'm a very trusting person, I suppose. I'm fairly honest too. I'll tell you exactly what I feel about a situation straight to your face. I've been told that I am a happy child, always smiling and looking for the brightside of things. I'm always willing to step directly into danger to help a friend, or even a random person. I'm always willing to take chances and try new things, so I guess I'm pretty brave in that sense. I'm also chivalrous, or I try to be. What's that saying? Treat other like you want to be treated? That's one of my mottoes in life.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

If you got it all figured out, then what is there to shout about?
                                          This midwest town is gonna miss you.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Calm and Clear minded,
Trusting and Honest,
Optomistic and Brave,
You have many good qualities about you
and this House will help bring them out...

Hufflepuff!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:49 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Greycast
I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Borson, Del Ray Roxas

1st Year, Unsorted

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -Del Rey wondered if maybe Hogwarts was running a little low on funds.

A hat?

And a tatty, ragged, dirty old hat to boot.

Certainly someone could wash the poor darling? It was so dusty! It was probably worse for it, since it was a sentient inanimate object, but inanimate object or not, everything had feelings and the right to be clean! Visibly pouting and mentally swearing to make a note about the hat's condition, the blonde almost missed it when his name was called, and it was his turn to have the hat sit on his head and sort him.

He scoffed. Creating disharmony and promoting sequestration was more like it! Nevertheless, the peppy boy made his way gracefully to the platform, movements fluid and dancey- - - he mentally prided himself on how nicely he moved, never mind being vain- - - and sat firmly down on the wooden stool before the hat was placed on his head, dropping down to cover his eyes. "Well, come on, then, Hat! Let's see what you have in store for me," he murmured, as the Hat began to sift around in his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a giant blonde hassle!

- - -Del Rey has a rather large understanding of the world for an eleven year-old. Death, in particular, is one of them. Having his mother taken away from him when he was 6, his first taste of it was received quite early, which was later added on to when his father Noel Borson was killed in an freak accident earlier in the year. As such, he has a healthy respect for life, living as a vegetarian, a dedicated environmentalist and, even if rather inappropriately for one so young as he, a naturist- - - something that started young with his dislike of clothes in general, until he found a well and good reason to practice it that also corresponded with his view on the world. He does have a sense of propriety, and practices it only in the privacy of his own quarters. Or when no one is around. But no one knows about that. Because no one is around. He is a free thinker and something of a flower child. Del Rey, in addition to his love for nature, also has a developed love for the past, often spending hours reading up on history and arts. A talented and dedicated artist himself, he dreams of travelling around the world and creating a volume of illustrations about himself, his past and the world itself. Never one without art materials, Del Rey is an independent, a socializer and an expressive, affectionate and accepting person, refusing to judge a person based on others' opinions until he has seen them for himself. Del Rey is playful, cheery and not easily insulted, though he will play along and does not mind losing or admitting defeat as long as he did make a mistake and not people assuming and making up things. Del Rey also enjoys conflict, oddly enough, and thinks of it as play. He is also a vivacious talker, and is perfectly able to express his dislike of someone without any outward signs of it, treating them just the same, except for the fact that he greatly dislikes them.. However, overall, he is an easygoing, fun-loving individual. Like a lot of people, however, Del Rey has his moments as well. To lose someone is a horror to him and he guards those he deems 'his' very well. He is a selfish person, and will not stop until he gets what he wants. Being how he is, he knows how he acts on the norm is a great asset to him and will not hesitate to use his friendly attitude, his wealth or anything else at his disposal to demolish someone who has gone against him if he is irked enough. A proficient manipulator, he will also gladly cut down someone verbally or otherwise- - - though he would not murder, as that is against his beliefs- - - who has earned his displeasure if they persisted in it too long, though he has a reasonably good tolerance for this kind of thing and would rarely ever have to resort to that. He uses everything in his arsenal of assets, including his height, which stands at a good 3 to 4 inches taller than most of his peers. However, his real fixation is to live forever, one stemmed from seeing death and trying to escape it, which was cemented into his being by the death of his father. His true goal, henceforth, is to attain immortality.

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. It had barely made contact with his head before shouting
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:53 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Sukoshi Doku
User Image
Ellie Lynch
qυιεт ρεσρℓε нαvε тнε ℓσυ∂εsт мιи∂s αи∂ συɢнт тσ вε ωαтcнε∂
Unsorted↬First Year↬Pure-Blood↬Clothing

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
"Ellie Lynch" was called, and the girl who had remained quiet, absorbed in her thoughts, made her way up to the seat as she waited for the hat to be placed on her head. She wasn't sure which house she would be placed in, but she tried to keep her hopes for Slytherin and Ravenclaw buried as she knew the sorting hat knew which house would fit her the best. With a nervous grin, she allowed the hat to explore her mind.
Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm rather shy and not very trusting, however, once they get to know me, they find me rather mischievous and a bit conniving. I try my best at things that interest me, often giving little to no effort on other things. I tend to show-off a bit, in the quiet sort of way. While most choose to lead, I prefer to be the right hand man secretly controlling the main man. I'm a bit of a bookworm, mostly reading books about fantastical lands and a couple about a past era twisted about. I tend to stay to myself, as I have slight social anxiety. I'm usually told that I could be a great student overall if I applied myself better, but being as stubborn as I am, I tend to ignore their advice and continue to do things my own way.

───────────────────────────────────────────────────

You don't trust very easily,
and you are rather conniving.
You like to be in control.
You will fit in here...

Slytherin!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Kara Duskat

Friendly Mage

4,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:47 am
User Image

E l e v e n . U n s o r t e d . F i r s t Y e a r ? ? ?
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ------K a r a D u s k a txxxxxxxxxx

Kara walked up to the sorting hat, placing it on her head. Now that her name had finally been called, she was anxious for the actual sorting to occur. She had just seen her one friend so far get sorted into Gryffindor. She was certain, however, that she would make more friends regardless of what house the hat believed was right for her.

ooc:

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit clumsy, but I do mean well. I tend to put other people's needs ahead of my own, though. My love of movies doesn't really come from the movies themselves. I really just like seeing what goes on behind the scenes. Knowing more about something just makes it more interesting, don't you think? I don't really have too many friends, but I'm ok with that. I pick and choose the people I talk to. That way the friends I have are really good! Quality, not quantity, right? I like to believe I would do anything for the people I care about, although I haven't had a real chance to prove it just yet. I have a strong heart, and one day I'll get to show that. I'm sure of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:50 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Kara Duskat
User Image

E l e v e n . U n s o r t e d . F i r s t Y e a r ? ? ?
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ------K a r a D u s k a txxxxxxxxxx

Kara walked up to the sorting hat, placing it on her head. Now that her name had finally been called, she was anxious for the actual sorting to occur. She had just seen her one friend so far get sorted into Gryffindor. She was certain, however, that she would make more friends regardless of what house the hat believed was right for her.

ooc:

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit clumsy, but I do mean well. I tend to put other people's needs ahead of my own, though. My love of movies doesn't really come from the movies themselves. I really just like seeing what goes on behind the scenes. Knowing more about something just makes it more interesting, don't you think? I don't really have too many friends, but I'm ok with that. I pick and choose the people I talk to. That way the friends I have are really good! Quality, not quantity, right? I like to believe I would do anything for the people I care about, although I haven't had a real chance to prove it just yet. I have a strong heart, and one day I'll get to show that. I'm sure of it.

You put others before yourself.
You desire knowledge.
But your heart is true,
and You desire friends as true as you.
Better be...

Hufflepuff!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:19 am
User Image

Sapphire M Snow

Where? --- The Great Hall
With? --- No one important
Thoughts & Feelings --- I wonder how this will turn out. Oh please, are they really going to put that filthy hat on my head?

Sapphire had given up at trying to make friends with the silent girl and entered the Great hall after trudging up from the filthy boats. She deemed it fitting to let others go before her into the door since her last name was later on. And after many other new kids her name was called and she walked gallantly and gracefully to the front and cringed only slightly at the look of the hat. But she sat anyway. Sapphire Snow. Yep that was her. She lowered her eye lids and glanced at the different tables...

Sapphire
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm considered to play dirty. I get what I want when I want it and no one says anything. I'm spoiled by a great degree, and have never been questioned. I enjoy making others cringe and finding their secrets. Whether by force or by deduction. I prefer the latter but the first is also fun. I'm told to have a bottomless pit as a heart. That's not true, I just lock and put away what forgiving qualities may hide and have my fun.

First Year >>> Unsorted >>> Single >>> Pure Blood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:43 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

shabatha
User Image

Sapphire M Snow

Where? --- The Great Hall
With? --- No one important
Thoughts & Feelings --- I wonder how this will turn out. Oh please, are they really going to put that filthy hat on my head?

Sapphire had given up at trying to make friends with the silent girl and entered the Great hall after trudging up from the filthy boats. She deemed it fitting to let others go before her into the door since her last name was later on. And after many other new kids her name was called and she walked gallantly and gracefully to the front and cringed only slightly at the look of the hat. But she sat anyway. Sapphire Snow. Yep that was her. She lowered her eye lids and glanced at the different tables...

Sapphire
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm considered to play dirty. I get what I want when I want it and no one says anything. I'm spoiled by a great degree, and have never been questioned. I enjoy making others cringe and finding their secrets. Whether by force or by deduction. I prefer the latter but the first is also fun. I'm told to have a bottomless pit as a heart. That's not true, I just lock and put away what forgiving qualities may hide and have my fun.

First Year >>> Unsorted >>> Single >>> Pure Blood

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. The hat barely touched the student's head before speaking.
Slytherin!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:29 pm
Vivian Ravensdale

Vivian had waited patiently for her name to be called to put on the ancient hat, watching everything with curious eyes as she was still getting used to the whole magic thing. Hearing her name called, she practically bounces up to the stool and sits for her sorting.

usually a very energetic and cheery person who's willing to help others. Though I sometimes get lost in my thoughts, I am fiercely protective of anyone I see as a friend almost to the point of turning vicious towards any who threaten them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:48 pm
User Image
User Image

Tabitha waited nervously, watching the sorting with wide eyes. Was that it? Rose had joked about it being a test, and Claire hadn't mentioned what it was like at all. Then again, she didn't think they meant to be mean, either. She shifted until she heard her name be called, and stepped toward the stool. She felt the hat descend and she closed her eyes tight. She was hoping that it wouldn't put her with a lot of mean people, considering she didn't know if she could handle that.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm pretty quiet but friendly. I love being around people, even if I'm a bit of a wallflower. I just don't like to stand out too much, to be honest. I guess that makes me the total opposite of my sister. I do like helping people, and enjoy making other people feel better around themselves. I guess I'm a people pleaser.

╔❤xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thinking: Oh, please don't put me somewhere I won't like.
OOC: ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❤╝

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:46 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Minnta Aloripma
Vivian Ravensdale

Vivian had waited patiently for her name to be called to put on the ancient hat, watching everything with curious eyes as she was still getting used to the whole magic thing. Hearing her name called, she practically bounces up to the stool and sits for her sorting.

usually a very energetic and cheery person who's willing to help others. Though I sometimes get lost in my thoughts, I am fiercely protective of anyone I see as a friend almost to the point of turning vicious towards any who threaten them.

Full of energy and willing to help others,
Not to mention loyal to the end.
I know exactly what to do with you.

Hufflepuff

((Just to let you know, we prefer that you write in the past tense. If you need some help with this, I recommend checking out this thread.))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:53 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Diamond Wales
User Image
User Image

Tabitha waited nervously, watching the sorting with wide eyes. Was that it? Rose had joked about it being a test, and Claire hadn't mentioned what it was like at all. Then again, she didn't think they meant to be mean, either. She shifted until she heard her name be called, and stepped toward the stool. She felt the hat descend and she closed her eyes tight. She was hoping that it wouldn't put her with a lot of mean people, considering she didn't know if she could handle that.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm pretty quiet but friendly. I love being around people, even if I'm a bit of a wallflower. I just don't like to stand out too much, to be honest. I guess that makes me the total opposite of my sister. I do like helping people, and enjoy making other people feel better around themselves. I guess I'm a people pleaser.

╔❤xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thinking: Oh, please don't put me somewhere I won't like.
OOC: ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❤╝

A wallflower, eh?
I know where you'll flourish quite nicely.

Hufflepuff

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Cassandra_Complex

Romantic Lunatic

6,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:16 am
Hi, my name is Eleanore Marie Rivendale

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Reserved and a little off. I keep up with appearances as best as I can because such things are important to daddy, and I try my best to make daddy proud and avoid making waves. However, calm waters run the deepest and I am not above getting even. I space out alot and get lost in my own mind. ..... hm.....

(Is there some special format I'm supposed to be using because everybody else has pictures and quote but I didn't read anything about it...?)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:19 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Cassandra_Complex
Hi, my name is Eleanore Marie Rivendale

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Reserved and a little off. I keep up with appearances as best as I can because such things are important to daddy, and I try my best to make daddy proud and avoid making waves. However, calm waters run the deepest and I am not above getting even. I space out alot and get lost in my own mind. ..... hm.....

(Is there some special format I'm supposed to be using because everybody else has pictures and quote but I didn't read anything about it...?)

Difficult, difficult indeed.
You seem to keep yourself well hidden
In order to please others.
From what comes clearly,
I can see you doing well in...

Slytherin

((It's not required that you have a fancy layout, however, we do ask that you have at least the character's name, house, and year. If you click the link in my signature, you'll be taken to my graphics shop which is in the guild. You're welcome to check that out, and if you can't afford what you'd like, we can work something out. I like making layouts. It gives me good practice.))  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:12 pm
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas rolled up the scroll of names and placed it next to the hat on the side of the Sorting Hat and moved them both to the side of the hall. "Congraulations, First years." he said to he hall before he took his seat.

(( Sorting is now Closed. ))

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 179 180 181 182 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games