Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:07 pm
The only misunderstanding I had at first (especially while being under the weather at the time) was that the mage was part of the soldier group from the beginning. I thought the soldiers were the ones picking things up and putting them down, but upon review after I figured out I misread who spoke, nothing would have changed.

But yes, I think the personalities of Kuori and Ruin conflicted with NPCs and as Fish indicated, when the situation was presented with replacements for the party (or even reinforcements) who Alabaster initially painted as too inept for something as important as SAVING A SOUL, yes, Revenge would have fought every soldier in the fort for the sake of saving a soul. But once they stated that they've done this before (rather than vaguely allude to it), Revenge immediately retracted his insistance of doing so.

That's my recap from my POV. smile  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:06 pm
Sorry, for any story issues Ruin has caused.

That said, I have two posts planned. I just want to know who is commited to taking on the fort, And who wants an out?

Ruin still has a slumber grenade and it would be easy to knock the pc's out. That way we could save some face. But, if no one is onboard with that idea, I will go with plan b which would be to sit down.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:58 pm
Post updated, You guys can go ahead and start posting again.  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:08 pm
Kowsauni

What's the specs for the outside of the fort?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:48 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

What are you asking about exactly?  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:12 am
Where's the book?  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:29 am
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

What are you asking about exactly?

Like... Windows? Stories? Anything else that might be relevant that I can't think of since I've been awake for less than 5 minutes. That sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:31 am
The Ritual book that was in Kuori's hand? You may roll a perception check on your turn to try and figure out where it flew after Kuori was thrown. You don't immediately see in your vicinity.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:31 am
Since speaking is normally a free action, I'm thinking I might try and interject something short if that's okay. I can delete it if it's not.  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:42 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
Where's the book?

"Is Int your dump stat too? Even I know books can be found in a liberry! SHEESH!"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:55 pm
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox
Where's the book?

"Is Int your dump stat too? Even I know books can be found in a liberry! SHEESH!"

No... wisdom is... and Strength... and Dex... But, It is by the Lib-berry bush? Good to know... What is a Lib-berry?  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:01 pm
Minor nitpick/question.

So book says you can ready a standard, a movement or a free, but not a combination thereof. It also says that you can only move on a ready action if you did not move as part of your turn, and even then you can only shift.

So obviously they all moved to get next to Kuori, so ... how are they now surrounding Valac?  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:05 pm
PupSage
Minor nitpick/question.

So book says you can ready a standard, a movement or a free, but not a combination thereof. It also says that you can only move on a ready action if you did not move as part of your turn, and even then you can only shift.

So obviously they all moved to get next to Kuori, so ... how are they now surrounding Valac?

https://youtu.be/5pQwDmZnfxk?t=36  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:41 pm
I assume it was tied to a power, enchantment, or a combo of the two.

I believe they are adventurer classed npc's. So, they would have the same options we did, just not as many. One of the DMG's cover their creation, I just can't remember which, nor much else about them.

Edit: Correction, I believe Assblaster, I mean, Alabaster is.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:24 pm
I don't like going into the powers of the NPCs but Alabaster as a minor action can cause two of his allies to slide 2 squares. That is how the soldiers keep moving around outside their turn.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games