Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:05 pm
Being as close as she was to the portal, her back had been turned to all but Ruin. As she turns to Revenge he can see the tear stains on her cheeks even as she tries to wipe the evidence away. For a moment she just wordlessly shakes her head slowly, lip quivering. "I … I'm not sure." She looks to the splintered arrow on the ground and says, "I think I need to head home."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:47 am
As the party moves back to the wagons, they see the demihumans, as well as the unpetrified guards and the two child prisoners, gathered around the prison wagon. The barred windows have been covered with cloth, leaving the inside in total blackness. Out of this darkness, through the open wagon door, would emerge the mischievously smiling Fumiyo. "I now can return us home. For those of you who are new to this, you must be linked to me by holding my hand or holding on to someone holding on to me. In this way I can take us to distant places linked through shadow. Whatever you do, do not let go once we have begun to travel, or you might be ejected through some random shadow somewhere in this world--or worse, lost in the Shadowfell."

Fumiyo approaches Abby and Petra. "Before diverting to rescue these children, our reason for coming to these lands was to search for you. Fate just so happened to bring you to us instead." Fumiyo's mischievous grin would falter as she spoke her next words. "I... I am sorry. I abandoned you and the others in a vain effort to rescue more from the facility. I should have focused on helping those who I had already helped escape. However, I am doing my best now to correct my mistake. As was again demonstrated here today, we are far more powerful together than apart. As you can see, I have rounded up most of the others and I have made a home for us in a distant land far from Aria's reach. From there we are preparing to put a final end to Aria's experiments and give us the peace we all desire. I would like you to come with us. You don't have to join up with our cause, but If I can at lease take you two somewhere safe it will put my conscience at ease."

Abby would smile and put her hand on Fumiyo's shoulder. "You have nothing to apologize for. Without you, none of us would ever had even had a chance in the first place. Since our escape an amazing thing has happened. I have found my lost husband. Petra, too, found her own love. My husband and I swore to put an end to what Aria is doing. I would like nothing more to return with you. I will help any way I can and I am sure my husband feels the same."

Petra's response was much more muted. Staring down at the ground, her eyes would briefly flit over to Arthur. "I... I am no fighter... but I would like to try and help as well. As long as Arthur can come, I don't mind returning with you."

Fumiyo would look down upon the petite Petra and her smile would return. "Of course, any of your friends are allowed to return with us. Petra, I know you above the rest of us view your transformation as a curse. I believe I have some good news for you. I recently acquired from a powerful arch-wizard an artifact known as the Soulcleanser. It was made to dispel powerful magic. However, I believe, if used the right way, it can be used to reverse the magic that was done on us."

Petra's eyes would open wide in surprise and she would look up at Fumiyo, almost speechless. "You...you mean...I...I-I could..."

Fumiyo would put up hand as if to caution Petra. "Ramona is in the process of studying the artifact. We are not ready yet. If the process is not done right it would most likely be fatal, but in time we should be able to return your body, and anyone else who desires it, back to normal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ying, who was attending to her exhausted and unconscious sister was caught a little off gourd by Valac's question. "Oh! Uh...wow...hmm. You know, I haven't really done something for fun in a really long time. It's mostly been just about surviving and stuff." Ying would concentrate long and hard on what seemed like an relatively simple question. "Hmm... I really enjoyed participating in my tribe's athletic completions. I guess you could say I like doing stuff where I get to exercise with my body."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:27 am
As they walked back to the wagons, Revenge would say to Kuori,"Well, as a paladin of Sehanine, by learning that a people - yours or otherwise - have a chance that they could be suffering presently, I'm honor-bound to investigate it, whether you would care for the company or not."

When they rejoined the others and heard the conversation, Revenge would be mute for a short while, before he would approach his wife. "Abby, I..." He would frown sadly. "I think you should go with them, at least for now. I just learned that Kuori's people have been attacked and I have to go to them. Paladin reasons." He would close his eyes, breathing deeply, before opening them again to look into Abby's. "Aria obviously has tendrils into this matter too, as evident by the other Goliath that was guarding the gate. I know you are strong now, Abby, and you could be of help in immediate conflicts that arise because of this... but because you are strong, is why I think you should go, for now. Lend your strength to your fellow sisters here. Kuori and I, and any of the other adventurers here, are more likely to evade Aria's notice if none of you are with us, allowing us to perhaps find a way to infiltrate their operations in that area. If it ends up being mere coincidence, then we will still help people who will need help."

Looking towards Fumiyo, he'd add, "I'd want this to be temporary, of course. We could schedule a rendezvous at a certain time and place to reunite again. A week, maybe two tops."

He'd pause, giving them a chance to respond.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:37 pm
It was hard for Ruin to relate to anyone of Abby's group. No one from his family ever came back to spit words in his direction, instead their screams haunted his dreams. In hindsight, he should have fought the younger goliath. Though, he had no means of restraining her, but maybe his magic could have broken though, or broken something.

Kicking the dirt in frustration, he would collect the potions he offered Maukien and continued back to the demi's

"That is all well and good, but before we get to uncertainties," Ruin said, after he listened in on the conversation between Abby, Petra, Fumiyo and Revenge. "We have reason to believe Aria will go after Kouri's tribe soon, being lead by the goliath at the portal." The teifling explained to the demi's near Fumiyo, trying to explain why Revenge wanted to leave, but leaving out the Kouri/Maukien relationship. "And they may be tricked into the Arian forces out of fear of another act of aggression from the drow." The tiefling would add before leaning against the prison wagon.

"I have no reason to believe, Maukien would lie(as no one rolled a lie detector check, at that time). But, it could be a trap, to get everyone in one spot. So, I will have to agree with Revenge, and suggest everyone who is a demi stays back." Ruin would throw that bit out, knowing that most of them would do the opposite.

"In the mean time, I believe it would better to let the guardsmen and children take Abby's cart and horse to Gladesdale. I am sure the guards have people who want to see them again, and someone there would take the children in." Turning to the guards, "You can tell the tale of what Aria is doing. And, watch over the cart and horse, until Abby can reclaim them."

If asked he would join Kouri's cause, but he wasn't like Abby's crew(lending his hand to someone who didn't want it). Instead, Ruin would of liked to torture, an Arian mage in chains... Who might still prove useful to their cause...  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:46 pm
Twyla's interest was piqued. A way to heal the demihumans?

"I'd like to help Miss Ramona with the Soulcleanser! If there's an artifact to be investigated, I'm sure I could be of service," she would say to Fumiyo. "Aria did this against your will. You--all of you--deserve a chance to be restored, if you want it. I want to figure out how."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:46 pm
Abby would tear up a bit at Revenge's words. "But, we just found each other again. You told me we would fight this together!" After a moment Abby would calm down and let out a sigh. "I suppose you are right. My presence would only put all of you in further danger." Abby would then look Revenge directly in the eyes. "But promise me, promise me, you will come back. I've seen the way you fight and it worries me. I don't think I could stand to lose you again!"

After listening to everyone else speak, Fumiyo would respond. "I believe Ruin and the paladin are right. As much as we would like to help for your timely intervention here, the presence of us demi-humans in any place there is Arian activity would only bring unwelcome attention. They underestimated us here. I doubt they will do that again, especially now that they know we are organized." Fumiyo would then flash her mischievous grin. "However, that doesn't mean we still can't assist you in an indirect manner."

Fumiyo would then respond to Ruin's suggestion. "I'm afraid it is to risky for the guards to return to town. Several of the Arian soldiers fled back in the direction of Gladesdale rather than return to the gate. As discussed earlier I will be transporting the guards with us and then immediately returning to town to retrieve their loved ones. This is a task I will do alone. Aria is going to cover up what happened here and we all know how far they will go to protect their secrets. The fewer people who know what took place here the better. It is frustrating, assisting them and keeping their dirty secrets quiet, but we must remember they still have many of our sisters and brothers locked in that facility. As we learned from the Golaith, they are still continuing their experiments. If word of their deeds got out beyond their ability to hide it, we would effectively be giving a death sentence to those still trapped inside. Until we can effectively assault and destroy that facility and rescue those inside, we will keep our existence as secret as possible."

Fumiyo would then look down at Twyla and smile. "That would be wonderful. I'm sure Ramona would love the assistance." Fumiyo would give a nod in Ramona's direction.

Ramona looked a little nonplussed by the idea but would respond. "Well I guess the extra brain power would hurt. As long as she doesn't get in my way."

Fumiyo would finally address Revenge again. "This all being said, I would suggest you and your party leave with us for now. After you have gotten some rest I will then transport you to wherever you like. I promise you it will be quicker than any other means of transport you might have at your disposal."  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:05 pm
"If I can't talk you into taking one of us with you, for your safety," Ruin started to say to Fumiyo, "can I talk you into taking anyone else you trust?" He finished. He was referring to gathering the loved ones of the guards. Given only a few pages ago she was an Arian prisoner... powerless, and being dragged back to the facility.

(I don't think this level of planing is stressful. If the DM agrees.

Resting, unless if a zamboni jumps out of the bushes, Ruin will be Chillin' like a villian... Spending two healing surges to bring Ruin to max HPs. )  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:32 am
"Ha! Well when we get a chance, we shall race! Let's see if having more legs can give you the edge! Looks like everyone's getting ready for something..." Valac said as he strode back over to the main group to see what was going on.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 pm
Fumiyo would respond to Ruin. "I appreciate your concern, but this is a task I can best accomplish on my own. For now let us focus on getting everyone out of here to the safety of our base."

Fumiyo would then turn her attention back to Revenge and the rest of the party and reiterate her earlier request. "Please, let me move you and your friends to the safety of our base. Once you have rested I transport you to any destination of your choice. It is the least I can do after the aid you have given us."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:04 pm
Placing his hands on Abby's shoulders, he would look solemnly upon her. "We are fighting this together. But this is bigger than the both of us now. You are so strong, Abby, my Abby. If the Soulcleanser can be used to restore Petra or anyone else, I'm doubtful that Aria will simply forget them, at least not right away. They'll have to be safely shown evidence of the reversion and have time to digest their loss. But until that point, everyone here is still in danger. That's why they need you."

He would turn and smile down at Twyla. "Thank you for your continued ambition in helping these girls. You and your generosity are truly a gift from the gods."

Turning his head in the other direction towards Ruin, his tail would lash lightly across the surface of the ground. "There's a chance Aria could be playing both sides there. Hire the Drow to invade and take prisoners for them, and then return 'who they could rescue' back to the tribe, and keeping a few of their number for their own experiments. It would ingratiate the Goliaths who would be indebted to them. I'm unsettled at the thought, but I can't ignore its possibility." Though he would tilt his head. "You said for them to stay back, but what about you? It is obvious why both Kuori and I should go, but what of your intentions now, master Ruin? What will you do?"

Finally, he would turn to Fumiyo. "Yes, that would be preferable. While I think it would be tactically best for Abby and I to face different fronts in different battles, it doesn't mean I'm in a hurry to part from her side. I would enjoy the opportunity to tend to my wounds - I haven't been given the opportunity to do so yet. And if your shadow locomotion is as convenient as it sounds, it would ultimately be the fastest way to... where we must journey to next." Revenge would look to Kuori for some sort of verbal confirmation of their destination.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:38 pm
"Hiring the drow, has crossed my mind... along with sending a trusted demi to take over the drow leadership, then forcing them to attack. With those monsters, I would even believe dressing up like the drow and sending in their own army. Then making the captured believe they are slaves, when in fact they are being tested in some sick way to upgrade their process. But, speculation gets us no where. So, unless, if someone wanted my help." Ruin would look at Revenge, with a deviant smile. 'I was going to hang our prisoner by his feet, and skin him alive. Feeding bits of him to the wildlife, until he gave me what I want to know."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:02 pm
At the mention of torturing a prisoner, a few of the demihumans would give Ruin a disgusted look. Fumiyo would quickly comment. "I think it would be best if we don't descend to being the level of monsters Aria paints us to be." She would then quickly add in with a smile. "Besides... I have much more effective and less barbaric ways to gather the information we need."

Illya, who looked uncomfortable at the conversation, would speak up. "T-the fleeing soldiers ran in the direction of the Arian mage we had captured. Considering how they tried to help their comrades as they fled the battle before, I doubt they would have left him behind."

"Nonetheless..." Fumiyo would finally add in. "We shouldn't tarry here any longer. It is time for us to leave."

The demis begin linking hands with each other forming a long chain with Fumiyo at the head. Kuori, who still seemed troubled by the sudden appearance of her sister, indicates she is ready to leave and links hands with the last demi in the chain. She reaches her other hand out to the party members, signaling for them to join the chain so they could leave this place.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:25 pm
If possible, Revenge would take the hands of Abby and Kuori as he joined the link.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:59 pm
"It was a joke, Revenge said something along the lines of he didn't want harm to visit a first day-er" Ruin would take his spot by Illya, "Anyhow, I don't know what I will do... Possibly, look for a new set of manacles."  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:10 am
Twyla would take a place next to Ramona and clasp her hand. She would say, "I have about 43 theories about what we can do to learn more about the Soulcleanser! Wanna hear all of them? Only about 28 of them are dangerous!"  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff