Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:21 am
Ignoring Ruin, who would likely meet his end if they left, Kuori would speak over him.

"I've have no interest in talking to you. Maukeen Ronso Lightlost is another story. If you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of my sister I'll leave you alive to complete you mission Pierette, and make sure that she doesn't complete hers. I won't let my people become test subjects for Aria's twisted experiments."
She looks at the statues, the features on the girl, "Cockatrice. And you seem keen on ending the lives of innocent people caught under the mind control of the very thing you seek. Which I imagine will be harvested and used to make another Demi-human. If they are compliant, they might end up like you, blind enough to the atrocities they commit that they go through life barely affected by the torture they endured and the pain they inflict. Or maybe they aren't as luck, maybe their minds fracture. Maybe they spend lonely nights wondering what became of the family they were stolen away from. And if they are lucky, maybe they escape from Aria and find a community where they aren't expected to kill to make their keep. You seem happy enough being where you are Pierette, which is enough to let me know a lot about you. And none of it is good."

-----

Novi was confused as ever. The last little monster girl had been helpful, but this one wanted to fight them. They stood on guard, moving ahead of Kuori to stand shoulder to ... ribcage to shoulder with Ruin nudging the warlock and whispering, "Step back, if a fight breaks out, you aren't the one we want on the front lines. I'm not about to leave you along with this monster either."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:34 am
Once again, the girl seemed confused by what Kuori was saying.

"I don't really know what you are talking about with all that torture and stuff. And these people here aren't dead, well, not unless you break them. Aria is here to capture the Elder brain and make sure these Mindflayer never threaten the surface world again. As for Maukie, who I think you are referring to, she is on a special separate mission, She never mentioned having a sister, but then Maukie never talks much. I don't know exactly where she is right now, but if you wait here with me I'm sure she will turn up. I'm sure she would be happy to see some family."

The girl would let out a sigh. "Look, I'm trying to be nice, okay? These people here wouldn't listen so I had to turn them to stone. You seem to be more reasonable people so lets just play nice. Once my friend is done you can loot the tower all you want."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 1 Total: 9 (2-40)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:23 am
Ruin sighed, he was willing to look past the statue thing, the Arian soldier thing, and a lot of other issues as he wanted to talk to another peaceful soul from Aria. But, time wasn't on their side.

Grabbing his rod from the ground, Ruin would yeild his ground to Novi. "Why are you trying to be nice? To people on Aria's wanted list."

Health 73/73
H.Surges 9/11
17 AC, 19 Fort, 18 Ref, 17 Will
Boon:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:46 am
Diplomacy 17
Insight 27

"This might not be what it seems like. Stand down." Kuori looked at Pierette. "Your appearance. You are the result of one of Aria's experiments. My group has encounter several like you, and like my sister. Not all of them were willing subjects. Many of them were taken from their homes and loved ones. Many of them are scarred from their time there. Your nation has left a trail of destruction in its wake and we have been picking up the pieces, but when I found out that my sister intended to rescue our people I knew what the result of that rescue would be. I do not want my people to be changed, like you, as a price for their freedom. I am trying to get them their freedom so that they don't have to bear that cost.
I have seen your Nation ruin two cities as they tried to hunt down people like you who had ran away. I've seen them round them up and treat them like animals. My sister was the first Demi-human we met that actually seemed to support Aria before you. Every other Demi-human I've met, which is going on about a dozen or so, has described the transformation as torturous. I don't want that for my people. Yet you don't seem to know about what goes on below the surface of Aria's workings, or you simply don't care. Which is it?"

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:28 pm
Pierette
User Image

Pierette gives Kuori an incredulous look. "What are you talking about? I've always been like this. Mother hatched me from an egg and raised me, and the Arians, they've always taken good care of me. They keep me safe and in return I do missions for them. Even now, they are trying to make the surface a safer place by taking out these Mindflayers! And Maukie... she would never do the things you say! Maukie is kind and watches over us, she... she's like a big sister!"

((Kuori can tell Pierette is not lying, or, at least she believes whole heartedly in every word she is saying. It is also very clear she doesn't believe what Kuori is telling her and is beginning to become agitated with the conversation. ))

"Anyways, I am done talking about this. You guys are trying to trick me for some reason! Maybe to get my guard down? You guys are just making me want to fight! evil Lets talk about something else."

As the party talks with Piertette the city is rocked by a loud explosion, reminding the party of the battle talking place throughout the rest of the citadel.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:47 pm
"By the nine gates, girl! Fine, let's talk about tactics. There are four of us and one of you! If we wanted to fight, IF we wanted your guard, we would have it along with anything else we wished! No tricks needed. Only in cases of a vastly superior opponent would that not be the case. You're not superior... Your guard would be lost the moment Valac draws his sword and the Lightlosts close in. A Purple worm, those crawler things, Umbra Hulks, Ropers, Fomorian, and a Mindflayer could contest to this... Except, they are dead! And this was within the last week. If you want to fight, then shut up and fight, but you would have to strike first. We won't. If you want to talk, then you have to listen."

Diplomacy 18

"Let me ask a few questions. Why capture the Elder brain? It is a superior opponent and a powerful telepathic entity. Why not kill it? Its death would not only ensure security for the surface but create a power vacuum in the Underdark and serve as a warning for anything that would take its place. And if anyone can, Aria has the arcane might to outright kill it. So, why do you think they would risk your lives to capture it? And where would they take it? It is too powerful, too smart, to take to the surface. Its influence would overtake anyone too weak-willed to fight its constant mental assaults ... ."

"Also about two weeks ago, Did Maukeen come back from a simple guarding detail emotionally distraught? Was she crying, yelling at the walls, or possibly praying to her people's gods? I can say beyond a doubt, Her older sister did that and more, for about a week." Turning to his Cleric comrade. "Could you remove your skull mask for a moment? If she won't listen to your words, maybe your family traits she will"  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:28 am
Kuori sighs, taking off the helm. "Sure, you were born if that's what you believe. Maukeen wasn't born like that though. She was born a Goliath. Our people tattoo our lineages onto ourselves." She points to lines on her cheeks that match Novi's, "These are the symbols of the Lightlost tribe, our tribe, the one that Maukeen, or Maukie as you call her, was raised in." She points to the symbols on her forehead, "These are the symbols of the Ronso family. My family. Maukeen has the exact same tattoos does she not?" She takes a step forward, "I have no reason to lie to you Pierette. But we need to find a book, that book will help us save the lives of my tribe. If you aren't as evil as the others of your nation, then why are you stopping us from doing that? Help us understand."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:45 pm
Pierette
User Image

Pierette looked around at the dozens of petrified statues surrounding her, many of which looked to be powerful warriors in their own right. She would reply playfully to Ruin, "You're right, the odds seem hardly in your favor. By the sound of it you are the ones who are murderers. I don't know what all those things are you listed--a purple worm, though, wow, that must have been a fun fight. You think if it turned to stone with its mouth open you could run through it like a tunnel? That would be neat..."

To Ruin's next set of questions Pierette would shrug her shoulders. "I don't know their intentions with the brain thing but I trust them more than yours. And Maukie has always been Maukie. Though she did mention something about a vison a while back, its really none of your business."

By now Pierette was beginning to look irate, she did seem to recognize Kuori's markings, but nonetheless was still combative. "It's not what I believe its the truth! And of course Maukie wasn't born from an egg, only I was! And you have plenty of reason to lie to me! You're trying to get me to shirk my duty!"

Pierette crosses her feathered winged arms and looks again in the direction Novi mentioned earlier. "...and even if you aren't lying. Why are trying to come this way to look for a book? The Arcanum and library are in that direction." Pierette motions to a fire and derbis strewn road that leads to a small partly collapsed stalagmite tower.

Pierette takes one of the talons on her toes and scratches a line on the ground. "Anyways, I'm done talking. You guys are no fun at all. Cross this line and I will be forced to attack you." Pierette takes several steps back and leans against a statue with a pout on her face.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:51 pm
"Pft, you wouldn't be saying that if you were swallowed by it." Ruin whimpered crossing his arms. "My point still stands. And her vision probably had something to do with crabs. I heard about it twice now."

"The book wouldn't be there. Something read it for Squidface and given his willingness to sacrifice himself to complete its ritual. I believe the Elder Brain was the reader. They wanted the archdevil on the defensive. Leonel is probably dead or enthralled... and... You want fun? YOU ARE IN A WARZONE! People are dying around you. AND you want fun?" <******** it... I don't care anymore. The children, A brother, and his younger sister cried from the caged wagon. As Maukie watched, she could have done something. But, ********... she did nothing but watch. As the soldiers turned and attacked the Shadow court and almost captured Ying, Corsica, Shi, Seraphina, Dresden, and Fumiyo.

Hell, Illya was a damned orphan in Aria when she was taken!

You want to protect these Arian monsters. Then you and Maukie are the same child enslaving beasts like them, their crimes are yours. And you will endure their punishment."

Initative 17  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:10 am
((Everyone else go ahead an roll initiative. ))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:10 am
Valac once again watched Ruin flip his lid as he kicked his fullblade out of the dust and readied himself.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:07 pm
]Kuori slides her helm back on. "I really don't want to do this. Now that we know there is a library, we could just check there. All I want to do is get my people out of the interplanar limbo they are in."
[Init 12]

Novi was of a different mind. "If we have to get past you to stop them from taking that Elder Brain to the surface, so be it. We can't let them use that creature to further their cause."
[Init 15[  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:12 pm
The Stone Gauntlet
User Image

The dark grey rubble is impassible blocking terrain, towering several meters up. The light grey circles are petrified creatures. The entire area is in lowlight. The line on the ground is where Pierette said not to cross. I forgot to draw the fire. Maybe next map update.

Initiative Order
Valac: HP: 46/82
Pierette
Ruin HP 35/69
Novi HP:48/78
Kuori HP: 50/59

((Remember, you guys never paused to take a short rest so your encounter powers from last fight are still expended.))

((There are three different ways to win on this map. They are:

1. Make it to the end of the road heading east which leads to the Library and Arcanum.

2. Make it the the end of the road to the north which leads to the main tower of the citadel.

3. Defeat Pierette.))

((Valac up! Have fun!))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:12 am
Valac thought again before beginning the the attack he asked, "Hey just to be sure are any of you related to her? Last time this happened it was Kuori's sister."

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:07 am
To Ruin's threatening outburst Pierette would shout. "I don't know who any of those people are! If you want to come fight me, fine! Come and get me!"

Pierette moves north and dashes behind some statues where she disappears from sight. (last square she was seen in was Z5)

((Ruin up.))  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games