Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:20 pm
@ Athletics Competition:

It was not long before Kuni Raicho was set up for the race. One large straight line had been drawn in the mud, and wooden poles with silk sashes loosely tied to them waited a considerable distance away. Urako was waiting along the line of poles, to observe the winner. Raicho herself made it down to the start of the course.

"The rules are simple. Everyone, line up here, and not a centimeter further. No bodily contact with any of the other racers. There are eight poles and eight sashes, so one person isn't getting one. My servant will observe to see who grabs theirs first, in case there's any dispute. You may start as soon as I say go."

Quote:
Footrace (100m). There will be a series of 4 rolls (done as a group, one at a time). The rolls will be contested Agility/Athletics (Running) vs TN 15, since Raicho is making you run through the muddy parts. Each rank of Fleet lets you roll +1k0. If your Water is 3, roll +1k1. If your Water is 4, roll +2k2, etc. Successfully raising puts you one 'level' ahead of the group per raise, while failing to meet the TN makes you fall one 'level' behind. The winner/loser will be determined by comparing the totals of the highest/lowest level, respectively.

There would be a pause as people waiting for the cue to start. "Get out of my sight."

Close enough!

ATHLETICS, 0m-25m
Group 1
Kuni Kaori
Kakita Zanzen
Mirumoto Sozen
Yoritomo Hisashi
Yoritomo Susumu
Isawa Sosuke
Bayushi Kojiro
Horiuchi Sayoko
Ujina Denbe  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 1

Seichiro would be led into a private chamber with the smallest samurai in this competition: Asako Sumi. The little woman would sit across from him at the table, the servants in the process of leaving in shutting the door. All the supplies for making tea were left out.

Calmly, and without a word, she would strike the flint and tinder to create the fire to heat the kettle and boil the water inside. If she was intimidated by the difference in size category, she certainly wasn't showing it!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:41 pm
@ Lioness shenanigans(before the competitions start)

Rain Yupa
Toyoko would redden somewhat, pressing her fingertips together awkwardly.

"Well... you see... the thing is... umm...." She would be unable to find the words, before she figured out a way to explain it.

"I really, really like Koan-kun. I'm... I think I'm in love, Kyumi-chan. But Sosuke doesn't approve of us. He's so overbearing sometimes, but he means well." She would pause, and look Kyumi straight in the eye.

"Can... I tell Sosuke I'm coming to your tent tonight for tea, after the competitions? Koan-kun is going to talk to Kakita Zanzen and make sure we have our privacy for later..." The shugenja was completely flushed now, practically matching her kimono.

For a short moment, Kyumi would be silent as she considered her response. From behind her, albeit likely ignored by the other samurai, Omi would watch her mistress with interest. However, the attendant's expression would quickly harden with some of her own disapproval when she heard Kyumi's answer.

"I'll help you." She would answer with a smile."At least, I'll do what I can." If Kyumi had seen Omi's disapproval, then she certainly wasn't showing it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:48 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans, pre-competition:

"Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!" Toyoko practically squeeled with giddiness, as she took Kyumi's hands in her own in her excitement. "You don't know how much this means to me, Kyumi-chan! I owe you for this! I'll make it up to you somehow, I promise!"

If Kyumi had nothing else to say to keep Toyoko from parting ways, she would leave after the Lioness's response.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 1, 5, 7, 3, 8, 3, 1 Total: 28 (7-70)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:51 pm
((Captain Fish, no longer logged into girlfriend's account. xp))

Athletics Event - Footrace

Despite the bruises she had left him with, Denbe was rather happy to see their Crabby host again. She certainly had a distinct personality, and a passion for Jiujutsu. They'd see if she had any favorites in this competition.

As they lined up for the foot race, the Hare had to admit it rather soothed his spirits. This was one part of the competition he knew he'd excel at right off the bat. He just hoped that was a good sign of how his successes in the later portions were to be. No chance he should be so lucky as for it to be entirely footrace.

And on the mark Denbe's toes dug in and he launched himself forward, crisp and into form already. Back home, his start would have put him in the dust of a man or two, at least. But then, none of these folks running beside him (a moment ago) were Hares.

[2 raises to take the lead.]
[7k4+3 Athletics(Running): 26 vs TN 25]

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 5, 8, 2, 2, 9, 1, 5, 8 Total: 40 (8-80)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:51 pm
@Athletics Pre Event

Kojiro would shrug. "Besides, you already picked this event. Currying your favor for that would not help me at all. However, I have a favor to ask of your clan and I wonder if you may be able to help. Last night, during the storm, Shosuro-san heard a sound outside our tent and left to investigate. He found Kan wandering in the grounds as the rain fell. Shosuro-san did his best to observe the monk, but felt as if Kan had spotted him and was misleading him. Why would a monk have anything to hide? Also, why would a monk be out at night in the rain?" Kojiro thought back further and tried to add little tidbits he observed.

"Also, Soshi-san and Ide-san have confided to me that they have felt unease about Kan for their own reasons." Kojiro's eye widened as he thought of one last fact. "And on the first day, I thought it was happenstance, but he seemed to be eavesdropping on a conversation Soshi-san and I were having."

Kojiro would pause to let the Dragon bushi take all of that in. "I know that you are willing to dismiss this as a plot by a manipulative Scorpion to cast doubt on an honest monk, but please, if for no other sake than confirming that it is all coincidence, get to the truth of the matter so that I may make my apologies and clear this issue from my mind. There are no better riddle masters than the Dragons. I'm sure that confirming your reputation in the eyes of the magistrates will gain you three the recognition that seems to be avoiding you in these tests."

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier (Political Manipulation)
3 dice added to handle potential explosions.
Results 22  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:55 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

As Kyumi sat down, she found that she'd have to work hard to meet with Kenichi in this competition; they were kind of far apart, and if one lost, it'd make it even harder. Though, someone showed up who wouldn't mind filling the void.

"Greetings, fair Kitsu maiden!" Ide Jiro said, taking the seat opposite of the young shugenja. "I don't believe I've had the pleasure yet! I'm Ide Jiro of the Unicorn, and you're that famous shugenja girl who won two nights ago!"

He would gesture to the board, and smile pleasantly to Kyumi. "Lady's pick. Black or white, my dear?"

--------------------

As Kagae sat down, he would be sitting opposite of the youngest competitor of the entire lot, Kitsuki Wazuka. The girl sat there impatiently, but her eyes suddenly lit up when Kagae sat down. Adjusting herself in her seat, she smiled brightly. "Hi! I'm Kitsuki Wazuka! You won the Lore competition, dincha? Hopefully your intellect is still just as keen as last night, 'cause I'm going annihilate you if it isn't!"

There would be something that would bother Kagae about Wazuka, something he didn't trust, but he couldn't quite place what it was.

"Do you want to go first, or shall I? I wouldn't mind going first," she said aloud.  
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 9, 10 Total: 27 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:56 pm
@The Athletics Competition

Kojiro blinked once as Raicho-sama barked her final order and was amazed as Denbe went off like a well....hare. Not willing to be left behind, Kojiro launched himself after the Ujina, but with a more measured pace, given his skill.

OOC
Agility/Athletics 4k3
Keeping all dice
Results: 27  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:00 pm
@Shogi Comp
Kagae peered at the woman possibly a little too long before replying and motioning with his hand, "You can go first."

After a long pause Kagae would state, "You seem awfully confident..."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:16 pm
@ Shogi Competition, Kagae's Table:

Wazuka would stick up her right hand for Kagae to see, clenched in a fist except for her index and middle fingers pointing upwards in a V formation.

"Two. Two reasons. One, is that I am confident, because any sign of hesitation or doubt is a weakness to be capitalized on! And second..."

Her head would suddenly drop. "Makoto-san has been running me ragged with these games since we arrived. It's a miracle I have time to sleep..."

Wazuka begins by moving the first of her pawns, and soon, begins to make aggressive moves with her Rook.

{Perception/Battle with 2 raises, 29 vs TN 15. 1 Free Raise banked, 1 to increase Kagae's TN to 10}

Kagae, go!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:20 pm
"Good evening." Said Seichiro, then bowed. He sat down, and smiled at her. "I am Matsu Seichiro, Bushi of the Lion Clan.It is a pleasure to meet you."  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 10, 1, 10, 5 Total: 29 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:25 pm
Kagae immediately begun to play defensively relying on tactics he learned on how to defend moving some pieces in anticipation of an attack so he could capture pieces which were left alone. Mostly moving up his knights ready to pounce on any pieces which were being too offensive.

"Hopefully I will be a formiddable opponent then..."

{5k3 with one raises for tn15 = 29 keeping all and storing raise.}  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:32 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 1:

Sumi would bow her head slightly, her glasses sliding down her nose slightly, before she slid them back up. "Asako Sumi, Scholar of the Phoenix Clan." she said quietly.

She would slide her cup forward upon the water reaching its boiling point, the contents of her tea packet poured into her own container.

"I've never had to do this ceremony with a bushi before. What do you talk about?" She would pause, and ask quite sincerely, "Killing people?"

Roll 1: Etiquette of 17.  
Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 7, 3, 10, 4 Total: 24 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:49 pm
It might confuse some of the participants as to why Hisashi had signed up for this event. He didn't look particularly athletic in the grand scheme of things - indeed, he had avoided all potentially strenuous competitions thus far, participating in debate, haiku, and archery when various other forms of physical activity seemed to be far from his mind. But there he was, confidently stretching out and preparing near Susumu at the 5 minutes til mark.

Rain Yupa
"The rules are simple. Everyone, line up here, and not a centimeter further. No bodily contact with any of the other racers. There are eight poles and eight sashes, so one person isn't getting one. My servant will observe to see who grabs theirs first, in case there's any dispute. You may start as soon as I say go.

Hisashi would do as told, lining up next to his Mantis brethren and readying himself to dash as everyone awaited the order to go.

Rain Yupa
Get out of my sight."

And they were off!

Athletics Event: Footrace - 0m-25m
(Athletics Check with Water Ring 3, 4k3 vs TN 15)
Result: 27  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games