Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:32 am
"Look at these statues. How many have long ears? How many are short and stocky? You don't even know 3 others who look like you, do you. Not even your mother!"

Ruin would call out as he approached Aa4.

"You ever wonder why you aren't allowed to get out much? It is because you are a freak. A monster."

Intimidate 17 Trying to goad her to be more aggressive.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:44 am
As Ruin moves forward he sees no signs of Pierrette and his taunt is met with silence.

(Novi up)  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:18 am
"Dude, not cool." Novi says to Ruin.

She plants her spear. "I know Kuori, but these others are new to me. I grew up here, I knew Maukeen as well. I'm a leader to my people and have faced Mindflayers in combat. The Elder Brain you speak of, their leader, is too dangerous to be allowed to live. Your allies have very likely fallen under its control already, and should they try to move it, they would only be bringing that terror to the surface. In my experience, you kill things like that, not capture them. Evil dragons, aberrant creatures, these things wait to strike and when they do they take down armies. The only reason you would capture something so dangerous is to use it as a weapon. An Elder Brain siezes the free will of others. It implants its young into them to consume their being. It takes away all that makes us unique. I do not know much of your nation Pierette, but I know in my heart that nothing good will come of that creature continuing to live. I've no reason to fight you, but I'm not letting them weaponize that brain."

[Diplomacy = 18]
[Move to CC7]  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:27 am
"Whatever." Kuori says, "I'm not going to fight you for being blind to the truth. Novi is right though."

Move to DD15  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:52 am
As Novi moves up she does not see any trace of Pierette.

As Kuori moves down the east road, she sees fire is beginning to encroach on the broken tower. It occurs to her the time in which they can visit the Library/ Arcanum might be limited.

(Valac Up!)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:03 pm
Valac moves to the east and waves at the rest of them.

"You lost her?!" Said Valac, "I'll pull rear guard if you guys just want to ditch her and go to that library."

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:36 pm
The Stone Gauntlet
User Image

The dark grey rubble is impassible blocking terrain, towering several meters up. The light grey circles are petrified creatures. The entire area is in lowlight. The line on the ground is where Pierette said not to cross. I forgot to draw the fire. Maybe next map update.

Initiative Order
Valac: HP: 46/82
Pierette
Ruin HP 29/73 Bloodied, Slowed (Save Ends)
Novi HP:48/78
Kuori HP: 50/59

As the party begins to split in different directions Novi see Pierette suddenly appear out from a statue. (She appears on Y4) She dashes forward to Z5 and with the swiftness of a snake she chomps down on Ruin's arm (10 damage). Ruin feels some sort of venom course through his veins as his movements become sluggish (Slowed, save end, Ruin becomes immobilized on his next failed saving throw.) Pierette then shifts away back to Y4 where Novi observes her disappear back into the statue on X5.

(Ruin up!)  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 20 Total: 30 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:13 pm
"Perfect way to prove my words true, by the way. Like a snake, you hide, only to strike from the shadows and flee back to the shadows. You can't even feint an accidental poisoning like Petra."
Ruin called

"It is funny, you say Maukie doesn't talk much. She had plenty to tell me when we talked. And I didn't know she existed before then... Why is that it she would talk my ear off, an enemy to her, but not say much to you?"

Spoken as he move further up to Y6

"Could it be you are nothing more than a tool to her and Aria? An attack dog on a leash. Useful, As long as you are obedient; can stay or attack when commanded."

Save 10
intimidate 26 Crit  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:11 am
Novi frowns at the attack, but says, "If you see Maukeen, tell her that I hope she finds happiness with her new family." They turn to join the others.

Catching up with Kuori she will say, "The tiny one might need a healer."

Double move to CC15

Kuori, double move to EE6, "Ruin. Stop. She doesn't want to hear the truth, we can't force her to. She needs to see it for herself to believe it, we have a book to find."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:58 pm
FREE ACTION!
Quote:
The goliath would pause for a moment as if considering how to respond to Twyla's question. "I don't see how this matters to you but my name is Maukein. All Aria has done is give me power. I will admit, it was forced upon me regardless of how I felt, and it was a painful traumatizing experience, but now I have the power to seek vengeance for my family. All I have to do is convince them to allow me to go on such a mission. Unlike you, I'm not fool enough to make enemies of one of the most powerful nations on the planet. If I can convince them to trust me then I will earn my freedom...which is why I need this portal back in one piece."

"She will listen, even if she kills me!" Ruin called back to Kuori, "We had a chance to grant Maukeen's wanted freedom and to convince her to join the Shadow Court. Maukeen could have been here with you. She should have. We failed. I will be damned if I allow Aria to keep another, or allow them to have that Brain. Pierette will hate me, but she will know the truth before it is too late for her."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:30 am
Valac waited to see if Ruin was really intent on killing himself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:33 pm
The Stone Gauntlet
User Image

The dark grey rubble is impassible blocking terrain, towering several meters up. The light grey circles are petrified creatures. The entire area is in lowlight. The line on the ground is where Pierette said not to cross. I forgot to draw the fire. Maybe next map update.

Initiative Order
Valac: HP: 46/82
Pierette
Ruin HP 21/73 Bloodied, Slowed (Save Ends), -1 to saving throws.
Novi HP:48/78
Kuori HP: 50/59

Pierette appears out from a statue onto W6 with angry tears in her eyes. "Stop saying weird things to me!" She dashes forward and bites Rain once more (8 damage) before shifting away and disappearing into the statue on W5. Ruin feels the venom take hold of him once again, only this time it seemed to be interacting with the lingering venom from his previous bite for a more potent effect. (Slowed, save end, Ruin becomes immobilized on his next failed saving throw. Ruin also suffers a -1 to his saving throws against the cockatrice venom. )

(Ruin up!)  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:12 pm
Ruin turned his eyes, to avoid seeing her tears.
"Come on, girl, your not this dense! What happens to the statues? I highly doubt you have the power to reverse your own venom. And it took a magical septer to break Petra's. What happens? Ruin asked stepping forward to W6, but stopped once his legs started to lock up. "I am not afraid of my home, Pierette. I know, I will be going there, soon. But, it isn't yours. Is it?"

"You have dreams of places you have never been. Of people you don't know."

Saving Throw: 8 failed... Now immobile
Diplomacy: 9  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:25 am
Novi stands guard, watching the way to the library.

---

"RUIN!" Her voice starting to crack from strain. "We tried. We tried to explain it to her and she isn't ready to listen. If you keep going that way, the rest of us won't follow. I don't want to hurt her, and I don't want you to die. Come back, give her time to think on it. We'll check the library and come back."
She sighs, "Pierette, please let him come back. At this rate I'm not sure if I will be able to save my tribe, I don't want to lose my friends on top of that. That's why I don't want to fight you, you remind me of our other friends that escaped Aria. They've become a sort of found family, and I don't really want to explain to them that one of their friends died." She starts to head back towards the library.

Diplomacy CRIT total 31
Move to EE11 (you didn't move me last time)  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:34 am
After hearing Kuori's concern for Ruin Valac headed out to find him.

"Where is that shortass?" Said Valac frustrated.

Heading north he would quickly find him worse for wear.

"There you are Ruin. I am here to save you, from yourself!"

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games