Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "GAH" ♦♣Games and Hangouts ♠♥
If you lived (passionately) with the person above you.. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 101 102 103 104 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:20 am
Boris_Badenov
Labyrinthknight7
Boris_Badenov
Labyrinthknight7
Boris_Badenov
Hey Labyrinthknight, welcome back!

thanks dude. I've been out partying for spring break and doing Nuzlockes (yes multiple).

I'm hoping to make Nuzlocke comics soon smile
What are Nuzlocks?

You're going to want to read the whole story so far. the rules are in teh fist page, but it quickly takes off in art style, comedy, and especially stroyline.

It's the series of comics that have spawned countless nuzlocke playthroughs and HUGE amounts of comics detailing nuzlocking from others.

Its name comes from a Nuzleaf resembling John Locke from Lost.

Oh]http://www.nuzlocke.com/?p=4
Oh yeah, someone explained that to me. Yeah, I sometimes play pokemon, but I do not play by those rules. Why? because I have already grown attached to my pokemon.

I'm the same. My oldest is an 8 year old Blaziken from my first 3rd gen game, sapphire. He's also my oldest lv 100, second is Gebraltar, my Blastoise from Leaf green.

you'd be surprised though at how much more intense the game becomes when you play a nuzlocke.

I have my own amendments and added rule that I automatically lose if my starter dies.

You don't ACTUALLY have to release the dead pokemon, you just can't use it again in teh playthrough. Plenty of people who's comics I've read put them in a box marked graveyard, nexus, etc. Mine is Valhalla, home of the fallen.

If you play well and with patience, you might not even lose anyone. I've seen those who've lost over a dozen, and thoose who've lost as few as four (myself included in mine).

Normally it might take a bit of time to get attached to your pokemon, but Nuzlocke makes the bond more immediate, and where you get sad if they're lost. I became paranoid and upset with losing my Bellosom to a critical after raising her (hard with no grass moves due to accident) for 30 levels. Now I'm even more careful.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:25 am
I would never risk the chance of doing that, because sometimes I make a wrong move and bam, they're all dead.  

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:17 pm
... All Pokemon after the original 151 are fakes.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:44 pm
applesauce600

Excuse me, but have you even TRIED the new games?
Black and White (the two nesest ones) have been given better scores than the original, have introduced more pokemon than the first generation did (all original, no evos or pre-evos), created fantastic music scores, and created bad guys that held a higher degree of difficulty (and with more realistic motives and format).

Now, even if you still hated them, that's fine; just don't go around saying that stuff like it's fact. It's your opinion, not ours.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:33 pm
Labyrinthknight7
applesauce600

Excuse me, but have you even TRIED the new games?
Black and White (the two nesest ones) have been given better scores than the original, have introduced more pokemon than the first generation did (all original, no evos or pre-evos), created fantastic music scores, and created bad guys that held a higher degree of difficulty (and with more realistic motives and format).

Now, even if you still hated them, that's fine; just don't go around saying that stuff like it's fact. It's your opinion, not ours.
Excuse me? Was I rude to you? If I have an opinion I can say it. Just because you have a different opinion than me doesn't mean I need to sit silently while you rant about yours. And mine is right. I looked all over the original games and found all the pokemon. I caught them all. There is no way I missed any. So unless the pokemon were created in a lab like mewtwo, extinct and brought back to life in a lab like kabuto, or need some undiscovered stones to evolve then any claims at new pokemon are shams.

Quote:
In the original Pokemon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town he asks whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokemon die. At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles.

Your rival battle before this took place aboard the SS Anne. Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle - but, because of crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokemon center in time and the Raticate passed away.

The real reason your Rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest. Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokemon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needed to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion.

The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions. Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you...defeating you... and to eventually make it to the Pokemon League. Mere moments after he became Indigo League champion, he was defeated... by you.

Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokemon, it was only for a painfully brief instant. In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receive the professor's praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival's innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather.

Oh, and by the way, your rival doesn't have any parents. He's an orphan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:40 pm
How about digimon?  

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:03 pm
Boris_Badenov
How about digimon?

Season 1 was alright for introduction, but 02 was superior (except for the corny ending they tacked on).

3 was alright but somewhat intense.

4 was epic. The kids became the digimon who fought for once instead of waiting on the sidelines like little cheerleaders.

5 was okay. Most of the partners had some skill. Agumon's partner could take down mega-levels with his fists. Gaomon's could assess certain battle strategies instantly. Falcomon's could fight like a ninja (believe it). The girl though didn't have much of anything but reason, and even then they made her a whiner.

I haven't seen 6 yet, I'll catch up to it when the main guy Shoutmon evolves instead of just combining.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:10 pm
I am unsure of what seasons I have watched. I do know that Tai and them grew up, and that one of the ways to get to digiworld was on a digi train or something. The last episode I saw of digimon was where a girl was in some sort of thing I do not remember, except it might have been pink.  

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:25 pm
Monkeys.

...that is all.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:35 pm
Allow me to show you my thoughts....

We look to the past
As we head for the future
To reclaim the digital world

With faith in ourselves
And trust is each other
We'll live by the lessons we've learned

As we work toward one solution
Through a spirit evolution

Digimon
Forever united as one
Digimon
Together the battle is won
Digimon
Through us let your spirit evolve

If we're all for one world, there's a world for us all
If we're all for one world, there's a world for us all

.... and that was the cerebral perception

Cerebral Perception

Eloquent Lunatic

coco_mademoiselle000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:13 am
my brain... it burns... *die*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:14 am
Boris: Nooooooooooooooooo!

M. Bison: Yes! Yes!  

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Cerebral Perception

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 pm
Allow me to show you my thoughts....

Appletini?

.... and that was the cerebral perception

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:16 pm
Boris_Badenov
How about digimon?
In our (everyone who reads this') opinion Impmon is the greatest digimon of all time and lionmon is ugly and not even worthy of having his name remembered. Leon? LeSuck? Lumpy?

M. Bison: What would your father think? Would he think you were a tramp?  

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:23 pm
applesauce600
Boris_Badenov
How about digimon?
In our (everyone who reads this') opinion Impmon is the greatest digimon of all time and lionmon is ugly and not even worthy of having his name remembered. Leon? LeSuck? Lumpy?

M. Bison: What would your father think? Would he think you were a tramp?
The underlined part made me laugh.

Also, I haven't seen the show to remember what they looked like, and I am happy you came back.  
"GAH" ♦♣Games and Hangouts ♠♥

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 101 102 103 104 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games