Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:55 pm
Yea, I doubt I'm making it past the first fight.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:56 pm
You'll probably hit quite a few with 3k3, especially with any free raises toward accuracy. Without armor, Denbe's TN to Hit is only 14. Besides, look where my untrained 3k3 got me in story telling!

You just have to hope the dice kami like the idea of Zanzen punching things.

Also: I'll probably have Denbe approach Kagae or Hogai if there's time before the next round. So if you've any interest in chatting with him, Mon, I'll wait on your next post. Otherwise I just make Rain post with another NPC. =p  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:04 pm
...or the mental image I have of a Crane flailing around like a schoolgirl.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:13 pm
... I can just see Koan berating me for this.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:29 pm
Well, is he as easy to please as Maru is?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:56 pm
Raganui Minamoto
... I can just see Koan berating me for this.

Quick! Distract him with Toyoko! Maybe she can get him caught up in reciting poetry or something! rofl

Alternatively, you could always just hang out with Jiro and Kenichi instead. xd  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:01 pm
I can see it now.

Kyumi: "I managed to talk them all into the same area so that we can watch them at our leisure!"
Toyoko:"Brilliant, Kyumi! Just brilliant!"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:22 pm
Psychofish
You'll probably hit quite a few with 3k3, especially with any free raises toward accuracy. Without armor, Denbe's TN to Hit is only 14. Besides, look where my untrained 3k3 got me in story telling!

You just have to hope the dice kami like the idea of Zanzen punching things.

Also: I'll probably have Denbe approach Kagae or Hogai if there's time before the next round. So if you've any interest in chatting with him, Mon, I'll wait on your next post. Otherwise I just make Rain post with another NPC. =p

*sniff sniff* Denbe doesn't care for Scorpions? ><  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:32 pm
Actually, I need to read more about the Scorpions. Only clans I've read in depth about are Hare and Crab, since I almost made a Crab instead of Denbe. Still, he's friendly enough, he'd talk if you approached him, or hung out by him while he was relaxing.

Right now he's after Crabs in specific because of his match with Hogai, and his injury.

I also figure that given how the Hare's mission his hunting Maho, that Denbe would have a very high opinion of the crab for holding the wall. Need to know more about what the other clans do.

Edit: Oh hey, you did approach him. Awesome, I'll replay later on tonight.

I WANT to interact with as many PCs as I can and get to know them, and don't mind mixing it up making contacts/additional plot points with NPCs either. My focus on Crabs was partly that I'm very laid back IRL and tend to be approached more than approach people, so I was trying to brainstorm reasons why Denbe might approach other characters... and crabs were easiest to justify.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:35 pm
Kojiro just approached Denbe and said "Hi, you must be Denbe-san" etc et al.

Basically, the Scorpion do what the other clans can't for the good of the Empire.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:36 pm
Psychofish
Edit: Oh hey, you did approach him. Awesome, I'll replay later on tonight.

I WANT to interact with as many PCs as I can and get to know them, and don't mind mixing it up making contacts/additional plot points with NPCs either. My focus on Crabs was partly that I'm very laid back IRL and tend to be approached more than approach people, so I was trying to brainstorm reasons why Denbe might approach other characters... and crabs were easiest to justify.
Yup. I'm just slow, and edited because I have a pet peeve about double posting too frequently.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:38 pm
Ahha! >< I look forward to it smile  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:00 pm
As for reactions: Think about meeting a Mob foot soldier in a friendly setting. That's more or less how most of Rokugan act towards the Scorpion.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:30 pm
I was just linked to this tonight. I was amused.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:35 pm
Psychofish
My focus on Crabs was partly that I'm very laid back IRL and tend to be approached more than approach people, so I was trying to brainstorm reasons why Denbe might approach other characters... and crabs were easiest to justify.

A social character approaches the entire Crab army and makes a social skill roll.

All members of the entire Crab army shift uncomfortably.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games