Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 pm
Best of Luck  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:26 am
Hoping to keep the party together, but the question of them going at odds was enough for me to poke at "what would I play if...?"

And now I'm deep in my addiction to character creation again, stating and writing out a replacement that feels like a splendid fit for exactly where we're soon to be in the story.

That conundrum where you don't want to just see the character who's built connections in a story removed, but you're stuck on a new idea that seems too perfect.

I blame Rain for the fact that I'm thinking about how to phonetically type an Australian accent though.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:02 pm
3nodding
Quote:
That conundrum where you don't want to just see the character who's built connections in a story removed, but you're stuck on a new idea that seems too perfect.

Yeap,yeap! I have been in that prison since Ruin had to roll a death save. And now I have 2 partial characters and 2 unfinished.

Hackett, a stealthy halfling hunter. Althea, human blackguard. And a human wizard and a dwarf I don't know if I would feel right playing.

The dwarf was a test to see how many resistances I could add to a heroic teir character... I am currently at 6 different kinds of energy resisted without equipment. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:21 pm
I don't even know what class that dwarf is, but I like him.

I thought to myself "the party doesn't have a controller, and I've never played a proper one (just defenders who like to play chessmaster) so let's build one" and now I hit on the idea of a drow entomologist/hermit who enlisted in the drow army, then deserted, to escape from brutal drow society.... and now realizes he can't escape to the surface without a proper plan/place to go because anyone would assume he's from that army and kill him.

Drow is not ideal for the way I prefer to build druid, but the flavor and place we're at in the campaign just came together far too well for me not to just think about it a little more-- and now here I am drawing up a character sheet.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:59 pm
I am in a personal debate for the dwarf to be either a Battlerage Fighter, Serene Blade Runepriest, or a Battlemind. The first two because THP's; and the Battlemind because scream MORE RESISTANCES, Rain seems have the Defendering stick and I never player a psychic in 4e(dispite loving them in 3.5).

There is a book that has a few other races of the Underdark. Into the Unknown, I believe. But, It had Kobold, Underground gnomes(can't spell their name), goblin. I bring them up as the gnome and goblin also have a bonus to Wisdom an may be more to your liking.  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:55 pm
Oh, no, drow get dexterity and choice of charisma or wisdom so I'm set there- it's more a matter of "I like primal guardian better than predator, but their class bonus would be doing effectively nothing for me if I picked one because I get a dex bonus that'll make it as high or higher than my constitution however I stat things". I could go for swarm instead, but I'm wanting to turn into one giant bug, not a swarm of them.

Besides, drow fits nicely flavor wise, and someone is bound to ask about why he doesn't transform into a spider instead of other bugs, then he can get all offended.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:56 pm
Aaaaahhhhh,

Normally, in those cases I just put my second highest stat into the rider stat(this case that would be Con), take the boost to my defense my racial provided and call it a day.

Then again, I play too many humans.  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:49 pm
Humans are the best.

They're also... just over half the pcs Ive ever played, meanwhile no other race has ever gotten a repeat. So I'm trying new things and, in this case, favoring fluff/story over a neat build. Though hopefully I'll figure that part out.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:20 pm
Pffft, please.

Ya'll realize the shitstorm that will happen if Kuori gets locked up? How many human sacrifices need to be made to receive divine intervention, she will bid double.  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:22 pm
There are classes that I like in 4e, but seem a bit unplayable. I may be interested in trying one.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:24 pm
Which class(es) are unplayable?

Psy: Human, Halfling, and the half-human. All other races barely get screen time with me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:12 am
Things like monk or executioner or vampire

They all just seem too weak by comparison.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:19 pm
By comparison to the Twin Strike Ranger all others seem weak, but, that is far from being unplayable. xp

On that note, the Vampire, um... Sucks(pun intended) ... But, I have heard of people making the class work and out damaging a Rogue. I just don't have that level of focus to try.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:38 pm
Neither sounds like my usual bag, but I'll admit people calling a class weak or nonviable makes me want to do it.

And if Kuori ends up locked up I doubt that'd spark any need to change characters- given Illikan would need to get her out to do his mission I suspect it'd work out. On the other hand, if hostility between him and the rest of the group gets too far or he gets piled on by other PCs and croaks, that would do it. My aim at the moment is to avoid those if possible without breaking character.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:54 pm
Agreed, I just create different characters when bored. And it is just a coincidence that I have a lot of time as of late.

Things to remember,
Monks are multi-target strikers, the only other multi-target striker in 4e is the Sorcerer. And WotC decided multi-striking would never be on par with single-target. Just a different play style.

Executioner, and many of the other E-classes, was built to emulate the character styles found in the older systems.

And the Vampire is an odd fish, relying on spending healing surges for damage boost to their powers.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games