Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-20)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:09 pm
He would nod his head. "Thank you, Sumi-san. As for your question... well, the Lion Clan is very militaristic. We train, eat, sleep, and die for Rokugan and the Emperor. It is a sad fact of life that dangers looms everywhere, and sometimes, violence is necessary. The Phoenix are pacifists, and instead embrace knowledge. Basically, you can say we're Rokugan's brains and brawns! However, our Clan's differences should not keep us away from each other. We should be friends with one another, am I right? All these Wars and battles do nothing for Rokugan, only weaken and taint it. What about you? If you don't mind me asking, that is. Why do you think our clans differ from one another? I would love to see your point of view."

He would then take a sip, and sigh.

[[2k2 Etiquette]]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:32 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 1

{Etiquette of 17 vs TN 10}

First Check: Matsu Seichiro gains a Free Raise for his final roll!
Second Check: Asako Sumi gains a Free Raise for her final roll!

"Mmm... it is interesting how you see similarities between our clans. But, truthfully, the Lion has a significant history of butchery and barbarism. For every war they prevent, there's one they start. The Phoenix have always strove to cease the escalation of violence, but have constantly been victimized for their pacifism."

She would finish her first cup, and refill.

"You think highly of the days of old, don't you? The Day of First Thunder, the Kami, and their Seven Thunders who traveled to the Shadowlands to defeat Fu Leng. You spoke very highly of those days last night."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-20)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:40 pm
Seichiro frowned when she mentioned the 'butchery and barbarism' that the Lion have apparently committed. Whatever they did, there was a reason. At least, Seichiro thought so.

"Yes, I tend to look back on the days of old for wisdom. Back then, everything seemed simpler than nowadays. Back then Akodo walked these lands, a man I admire. He basically laid down the Tenets of the Code of Bushido and wrote the book 'Leadership'. What about you, Sumi-san? Anyone whom you revere?"

[[2k2 Etiquette]]  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 1, 9, 1, 3 Total: 17 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 pm
@ Athletics Competition:

At the starting signal, the Crane would be off, leaning in low to try to reduce resistance. Hopefully, he could grab a sash and get back without trouble.

4k3... er... no splosion, accidentally rolled reflexes instead of agility.

And because of it, the dice hate at 13.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:03 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 1:

{Etiquette of 21 vs TN 17}

Third Check: Asako Sumi gains a Free Raise for her final roll!

"Simpler times, indeed. However, we do not have the luxury of being born in such times. I prefer to keep my eyes on the future, not the past." The small woman would roll her cup in her hands, watching the liquid moving about, as she thought about Seichiro's question.

"My husband," she would say, unexpectedly. "We often don't get along, and ours was an arranged marriage of convenience. Still... he tries to be good to me. He really does, despite me being so high maintenance..."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:13 pm
"If we do not learn from the past, we are doomed to repeat it.By looking at the past, we can better shape our future." He would take a sip of his tea, then put it on the table. "This is good Tea." He would quickly pour himself another cup, then lift it up with both hands. "Sumi-san, I hope you can forgive me for being so... forward, but if your husband is trying to be nice to you... perhaps you should repay that kindness. While true, it was arranged, and perhaps there is love between you and your husband, that doesn't mean you can't try to make each other happy. Perhaps thinking on what could help both of you live a happier life, and reflecting on that, would be a good first step to take. You say you are high maintenance... but perhaps you can... lower your maintenance cost, so to speak. Perhaps... both of you will one day sit under a Sakura tree, and enjoy a sunset together, and discover that love could indeed bloom."

Seichiro took another long sip, then sighed, looking into his cup, watching the liquid ebb and flow.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Mongooseh rolled 7 10-sided dice: 2, 7, 4, 3, 2, 5, 10 Total: 33 (7-70)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:26 pm
@Crab tent, Morning.
Kagae sat there drinking his tea for a while musing what he could do for the rest of the day seeing as everyone would be at the competitions all day. Eventually an idea struck him as he remembered the wrecked tent from yesterday. He would expand the Crab clan's tent further possibly creating a proper lounging room rather than their improvised way of drinking tea. He immediately searched around for wherever Jiro and himself hid the wrecked tent and noted which parts were left. Canvas? Holed but intact. Poles? Perfectly usable. Floor mat? Same as the canvas. He realised that he would need some servants to help but that would be a concern for after he had come up with how it would be structured.

He grabbed from his personal bag his paper, drawing equipment and begun sketching the blue prints for the tents lounging room. After an hour or two of sketching Kagae eventually drew up a more than satisfactory schematic of what he had in mind for the expansion of the crab tent. Now about making it. He had the supplies but just needed some workers of some form to create his imagining and possibly repair it to a usable standard.

Kagae figured it would be best to ask Kita to lend him some servants seeing as she had the most so he packed up his things and placed his valuable schematics in his scroll tube. Fully prepared he made his way to the magistrate's tent and mentally prepared himself for the situation for some seconds before entering.

Bowing Kagae would speak, "Excuse me... If I am... Intruding I am here to ask Kita-sama a favour..."
Standing from his bow he looked around the room to see if Doji Kita was in the room but holding up the scroll tube high to signify he wasn't being otiose.

{7k4 engineering with 4 raises to make it a fine quality schematic. Result = 36 vs 30}  
Mongooseh rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:27 pm
{Splodey}  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:28 pm
@ Athletics Pre-Event:

Sozen would eye Kojiro up and down, listening to his words but forming no opinions on them.

"I'll tell you what, Bayushi. If you can last through three competitions, I'll consider your request. If you can last through six, I guarantee I will look into it. Prove your sincerity to me with the conviction of your actions, and make a sporting challenge for me." Grinning, Sozen would face Bayushi Kojiro properly. "Do we have an accord?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:33 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 1:

Third Check: Asako Sumi gains a Free Raise for her final roll!

"And what does a barbarian and a butcher know of the ways of love, before I take your words into consideration? What makes your outlook so? Words without meaning are just words. Asako can tell the difference."

15 Etiquette (Sincerity) to make the 'barbarian and butcher' line to come out as a stereotype joke rather than an insult. This is not a contested roll.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:33 pm
@Athletics Pre-event:

Kojiro would nod his head to the Dragon. "If that is what it takes, then that is what will be done. I wish you good luck, Mirumoto-san."

With that, Kojiro would move over to the starting line for the race.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:38 pm
Seichiro smiled at Sumi. "In reality? I know very little, only what I have witnessed of those around me. I must admit I haven't had the pleasure to experiencing love at first hand. We 'Butchers' don't get much time to socialize lately, what with all the wars and skirmishes that must be fought and ordered around. But Sumi-san, you should not ignore my advice, as arrogant as that might sound. Take all advice into consideration. I believe this is the tactician in me talking, so take that lightly." He would nod his head, then take a sip. "Sumi-san, you are a Shugenja, are you not? Forgive me if I am wrong."  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:50 pm
@ Athletics Competition, 100m Race:

At Raicho's command, all the samurai would take off running, fists pumping and legs charging as they would barrel across the muddy terrain!

Ujina Denbe would take off like a bullet, not unlike an actual hare, taking the immediate lead.

Bayushi Kojiro would keep a moderate pace, ensuring he did not tire himself out and fall behind!

Unfortunately, the Mantis Yoritomo Hisashi would be right beside him, not willing to get left behind either!

Kakita Zanzen, however, would have a bit of trouble. Kakita never trained like this! This was... this was more like Daidoji training than... oh, right, Daidoji Training Grounds. Zanzen tried to maintain the delicate balance between effort and grace, and was losing at both.

Kuni Kaori would be in the same boat as him however, groaning in an upset tone at having to trample through the mud like a farmer. {13 vs TN 15}

Mirumoto Sozen would seemingly run on the mud like it was solid dirt, bounding beyond the other samurai like it was child's play... and keeping pace with Denbe! "Where do you think you're going, little Hare? Not ahead of me!" he shouted, laughing. {33 vs TN 25}

Yoritomo Susumu would see the Hare and Dragon zip past him, to which he responded, "To Jigoku with you bastards!" He would still run like the dickens, but didn't try to pass the two samurai, because he was a lush, not an idiot. {25 vs TN 20}

Isawa Sosuke was in shape, but no star athlete. Seeing the Crane and Crab fall behind, he was content staying ahead of them, and didn't push his luck tiring himself out. {23 vs TN 15}

Without a word, Sayoko would rush past half the group, her eyes focused on the finish line, keeping shoulder to shoulder with Susumu! {27 vs TN 20}

ATHLETICS, 0m-25m
Group 1 (the lead!)
Ujina Denbe
Mirumoto Sozen

Group 2
Yoritomo Susumu
Horiuchi Sayoko

Group 3
Yoritomo Hisashi
Isawa Sosuke
Bayushi Kojiro

Group 4
Kuni Kaori
Kakita Zanzen

Everyone, give me your rolls for the second quarter of the race!  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 4 10-sided dice: 6, 8, 1, 10 Total: 25 (4-40)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm
@Athletics:

"I hate mud." Taking a second to gather himself, he'd attempt to even his balance and hopefully make good progress.

4k3, calling 1 raise for TN 20

24 vs tn 20  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 2, 7 Total: 21 (4-40)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:00 pm
Athletics Event: Footrace - 25m-50m
(Athletics Check with Water Ring 3, 4k3 vs TN 20)
Result: 19

Hisashi was pacing himself so as not to tire out too quickly, but found this only led him to fall behind. While he was aware that he only needed to not come in last place to continue on, he knew that the further back he was the harder it was going to be to avoid that!  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games