Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Machine [Open/Accepting] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 457 458 459 460 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:04 am

"Want to put those words to the test?" Jian asked. "After all, being who we are, this isn't our expertise. I want to use an outside source just to see... how effective what we have been doing is. Especially because an intruder just walked in the doors under our noses and embarrassed us this morning. This same person, mind you, who broke through seven levels of security. To make things worse, the culprit wasn't Shadow like we thought. I received a fingerprint report from the desk she used, and the real culprit is currently being arrested. It's safe to say that there are many with that level of expertise. Do you catch where I'm going with this?"
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:23 am

Zil didn't pay much attention to Saiyu. One reason was because the request was from Shadow that he take her with him. Another reason was that they didn't have much time to conceal drugs on their body before the cartel went off. However, he did notice what Saiyu last said and turned to her replying, "Well, you always can. Think about it. We have the same hair color which makes it believable. Do you realize how many benefits you can get for just these people thinking we're blood-related? And you don't have to pretend to be my sister... Maybe a distant cousin, yes. Plus, no one will ever, ever, ever, ever, ever have to ask if you're my girlfriend!" He rolled his eyes. Saiyu? His girlfriend? No f**** way! It's bad enough that he lost his true love long before. It would be even worse if rumors went around about the women frequently around Zil.

Monica hesitated for a moment. It seldom happened that she couldn't find the words to say but she spoke after a few seconds of silence. "Chief general," She started, leaning closer over the desk, very much interested in the developments of the conversation as of late. "Are you implying that even without distractions, our system is flawed?" She put her finger to her lips and continued, "Or are you implying there are possible moles inside the government that make it so easy to replicate and hack our confidential files?"

((OOC: ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:33 am

"Why hide what we already know? If our system wasn't flawed, that person wouldn't have gotten in. And if there weren't moles, then how did we get over 200 fake profiles and 50 admins in our system stealing information from our computers. We hold our power based on the principle that our government is indestructible, yet we still have an underground rebellion that we can't find, and a war we're still fighting. So, want to take a gamble?" Jian asked.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:43 am

Monica rested her head on her palms, realizing the situation fully as Jian shed light on the matter. She looked up at him, shaking her head and saying, "Chief general. It seems... Even I have been in over my head, trying to prevent what is visible from happening but neglecting to crush what is underneath that visible layer like these riots and protests" She shook her head again, lost in thinking before she continued, "It seems that Damien's... self-assurance of the indestructibility of our system... is contagious. It appears you're right. We have been blinded by our own self-serving ideals of the perfection of our system to possibly notice this" She stopped before asking, "What did you have in mind?"

((OOC: ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 am

"Well... for starters... I'm going to make a phone call." Jian said, pulling out his cell phone. He opened up his drawer and pulled out a scrap piece of paper. "By the way, this stays between us for now." He said, dialing the number.

Shadow's phone started going off and she lazily grabbed it. She looked at the number, and not recognizing it, hesitantly answered. "Hello?" She yawned.

Jian put the phone on speaker phone. "Hello. I was told you could help me." Jian started. "There has been a kidnapping and I need information."

"A noble cause. I'm surprised a noble person knows my number, but whatever." She yawned. "I'll ask what scumbag gave it to you later. So who was kidnapped?"

"We already have a ransom note, and we're willing to pay, but... I want you to investigate a name for us. Last name Laurel." Jian replied.

"Laurel? Hmm... we're talking about the rich ones, right?" Shadow asked.

"Yes. The one with the business empire." Jian replied.

"Hmm... I believe I have some old dirt on them, but it won't hold up now a days. If you want hard evidence, you're going to have to pay me to dig."

"That's fine. How much are we talking?" Jian asked.

"For a noble cause... 200. My normal rate is 500 at least, so be happy."

"That's fine. Children are priceless." Jian muttered somberly.

"Uh huh. Sure sure." She muttered, walking to her information files and sorting through names. "Laurel... Laurel... ah... now I remember. Those creepy happy people that act like their constantly on crack or something. I was sure they'd go out of business by now."

"Really?" Jian asked.

"Well, I keep track of a lot of companies, but I can't keep track of them all. I usually make sure I keep tabs on the big ones, like the Ravenstone's corporation, but I usually stop about a year before they die. Funny thing too. I met one of their troubled financial officers two years ago, and I paid him for a copy of his official annual budget. It has the seal and everything. I'm surprised the government accepted it considering how sloppy it is. They simply don't make enough revenue to pay off all their stuff. They pay their employees too much, but even if they cut back to minimum wage, there is an over 5 million profit loss labeled 'public'. It could be a charity, or it could be something else like black market sales or unlabeled donations. Also, I did the math and their income was wrong as well. They've added an extra 4 million to their budget that shouldn't be there. I would say they must have made drastic improvements to their budget, but there have been no signs of that. I did notice their stocks have gone down quite a bit, but they're still suprisingly in business. I don't know what else to tell you with what I currently have. Then again, even if I did, you haven't paid me yet."

"Alright. How much time do you need?" Jian asked.

"Oh... just a few hours." Shadow replied.

"Can you be at the Twilight Hotel Bar at 6 with the information? I'd prefer it if my identity was not known." Jian said.

"Sure. That's plenty of time. But no funny business or I will find you and blacklist you, Mr. Noble." Shadow replied. "I'll set up a party named Iris for two. Have the money with you."

"Of course." Jian said. "Goodbye."

"Ok. Bye." Shadow said, hanging up.

Jian hung up and looked back at Monica. "Well... what do you think?"
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:54 am

"A distant cousin is fine!" Saiyu's face turned scarlet as she coughed and fidgeted uncomfortably. She had always avoided the subject of boyfriends and girlfriends, to the point that she broke her older brothers arm for saying she had a crush on one of the other guarding staff back in Helmshire and now wasn't going to be any different.
Drawing herself to her full hight, which wasn't very tall at all, the red head focused on a large hold patch on the wall, suddenly finding the mildew extremely interesting to look at, waiting for the horrid science that settled to end as she contemplated if anyone would do something about the patch of green slime that was thriving on the dank wear house wall.

(( Y-Y can i take Saiyu and Zil and Shadow home with me?? ))

snuggle89

Shirtless Lunatic

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:59 am

Monica was quite surprised by Jian's sudden move though she kept quiet, having closed her gaping mouth once she realized there was nothing left to do but listen. She shrugged, "Well, it seems those happy freaks aren't as crystal clear about everything as everyone thinks they are" Monica thought for a moment. "But I wouldn't doubt it one bit if those two financial idiots spent all their money on charities and donations. I'd have sooner had them executed if they didn't side with us in the rebellion" She said in an embittered tone. Little did anyone know that the Laurels gave money to the rebellion through a charity that acts as a cover to aid Helmshire people living in Diethelm as well as indirectly deliver money from the rebel sponsors to the rebels, who of course, have set up a believable, fake environment with sufficient precautions.

((OOC: Wait... Does Shadow know that Fanny is affiliated with the Laurels? Zil does talk about Fanny out of the blue sometimes... Like when they were escaping XD ))
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:05 am

Zil suddenly said, "Time's up" and dragged Saiyu to the place where the drugs were slapped on. He looked back to his friend saying, "I can wear the hallucinogen-concealing bra, right?"

The contact only shook his head, grinning at the man's words before saying, "Do whatever you want! You're a grown man. Or at least we think you are"

"Sweet! I've always wanted to try those on!" Zil said with a laugh. It was back to merriment against for that merry mn.

((OOC: No. Yew may not. Zil is mein. :3 Thou can taketh Monica or Kyrell... But Zil is mine~ Chu! ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

snuggle89

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:21 am

Saiyu's Jaw dropped, did the rebel leader honestly just ask to wear a bar to smuggle drugs in?. Eyebrow twitching slightly the female red head turned to face the drug cartel head, a frown on her face that was threatening to break into a smile "and they are gonna let him loose in the holy city?......can i worry about his sanity now?" she watched, trying hard not to giggle at Zil's antics. As much as she wanted to disassociate herself from him it was hard to find a reason not to stay with him when he was larking around.

(( but Monica scares me Y_Y ))
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:33 am

Zil quickly slipped the strapless bra on under his shirt and called to Saiyu saying, "Saiyu! .. What do you think?" He puffed his chest out, making the already filled in bra look even bigger. The people around Zil began to laugh and came to him, patting him on the shoulder like close friends would and making perverted remarks about 'grabbing some' to which Zil playfully responded that his chest was reserved for the man he loved, to which the men laughed even more.

((OOC: Really? She's basically Aya... Except more sadistic. Now fuse Zil and Monica... That's Aya. XD ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

snuggle89

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 am

Saiyu wolf whistled, playing along with a large grin on her face, until Zil puffed his chest out causing Saiyu loose control of herself and laugh.
clutching her sides as he began to gather flocks of male admirers she shouted out "you defiantly out do Shadow and me!!", She bent over, laughing harder as Zil proclaimed to be saving himself, tears of mirth running down her face as the comments only seemed to cause more laughter amongst the group as the rebel leader played to the audience.

(( i though you were more like Zil.......o-o; and pain scares me.....as do cows...))
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:14 pm

((Shadow knows about Fanny, but she never met Fanny, and she doesn't know who adopted her. Usually she ignores Zil when he goes off on tangents.))

Shadow reluctantly began digging up information despite how much she wanted to continue her nap. She couldn't find much at first, except for more newer copies of their poorly written financial record with numbers. That was until she found out they had adopted a girl named 'Fanny'. "s**t..." She muttered under her breath. Everything now made sense. Shadow stormed down to the rebel headquarters pissed off, especially because she knew Zil didn't do it. "Dustin! Get out here. I need someone with authority now!" She boomed.

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Zil then whispered to the real head of the drug cartel (who kept himself unidentified) "First class seats, I hope?"

The man with a Russian-sounding accent, clearly not from Diethelm at all replied with a laugh, "You are funny, Mr. Rustell. Alright! Return that bra, put on something decent and get on the first van.

"Yes sir!" Zil said, doing as the man said, putting drugs in Saiyu's pocket and dragging her to the first car. Just then, a rebel beeped him saying Shadow was in the headquarters. He sighed and said, "Let Shadow borrow your communicator.

The woman approached Shadow and said, "You wish to speak with Blood Fox, ma'am?"

((OOC: Well... Aya's a perfect blend of the two~ ))
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 pm

"Sure, though it will prove mostly pointless." Shadow said, taking the communicator. "Zil, do you approve of kidnapping? Because there has been one of your patrons is involved, and the rebels are apparently the culprit. I know your not involved because you were stuck behind bars, but God help the damned soul who did this. This will severely hurt your reputation, and investors are going to start pulling out when they hear your men kidnapped kids. On top of that, I've been hired to dig up dirt on this 'Laurel' family who adopted Fanny because of it. Hell, I found a ton of s**t, but what am I supposed to do about it? Even if I give the stuff that's not rebel involved, your still down one investor and we'll be pushed back quite a bit, and now is not a good time for that."

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:53 pm

"That's true." Jian admitted. "But I'm not in the habit of underestimating people either." He said with a sigh. "Though... you seem rather high strung about this. Is there something wrong?"
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 457 458 459 460 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games