Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:56 pm
I play Defenders so often because everyone wants to either strike or lead, and I feel one is usually needed.

Technically, Controller is my favorite role.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:46 pm
Funny, I like defenders. They have the best theme songs. xd

Favorite role: Defender
Favorite Character: Thork

Now, I am playing a character who wants to be a defender.
Coincidence, I think not...  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:27 pm
I've only once gotten to play a striker, and that game went on hiatus partway through the first combat IIRC. Defenders are my favorite, or possibly leaders, though I've mostly just lots of experience with defenders. I have at least one or two classes I really love to fiddle with from each role though.

Mainly I just find good teamwork immensely satisfying. Back when 4e was young my buddy picked up a rogue and I went shield fighter and just made it my mission to tank it up and hand him CA every turn, and it felt good.

Where do these other classes come from though? Honestly I've done 90% of all my character building from the PHB 1-3 and ____ Power books. I'd never heard of Executioner. Nor that vampire was a class now.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:34 pm
Psychofish
I've only once gotten to play a striker, and that game went on hiatus partway through the first combat IIRC. Defenders are my favorite, or possibly leaders, though I've mostly just lots of experience with defenders. I have at least one or two classes I really love to fiddle with from each role though.

Mainly I just find good teamwork immensely satisfying. Back when 4e was young my buddy picked up a rogue and I went shield fighter and just made it my mission to tank it up and hand him CA every turn, and it felt good.

Where do these other classes come from though? Honestly I've done 90% of all my character building from the PHB 1-3 and ____ Power books. I'd never heard of Executioner. Nor that vampire was a class now.

Edited: Are you referring to Shi? You played a rogue in Rain's Earth Upheaval campaign.

They are Essential classes, found in the Heroes of ____ books. Executioner and Vampire are Heroes of Shadow.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:15 pm
He is.

And I'm still trying to find a better job sweatdrop One of my friends told me that she hopes my work/home/life balance can get better soon.

My response was 'THERE IS NO WORK/HOME/LIFE BALANCE, ONLY ZUUL', as there was no response more appropriate.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:44 pm
I am, and while I'd look forward to any of my games continuing I don't feel bitter in the least about any of it. Life has to come first. Actually, while this has so far been meaningless, I'm holding to reserving a spot for Rain if I ever GM as a thanks for how many games he's run for the rest of us. I know it's a lot harder to keep a game running than it is to run one character who has to act once or twice a week.

Funny story about Shi as well- the name is gender neutral, and the original Shi was a guy in a DIFFERENT campaign that never made it to combat. Higher level, similar build angle, but much more a lawful cat's paw type fit into the setting than new-Shi being a more classic thief theme, with her little twist for potential longterm plot hooks.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:14 pm
If it came off as bitterness it wasn't intentional. I understand Rain's life has been hectic for sometime and I place no fault on him for spilled campaigns. Quite the opposite, he keeps people abreast on RL events that would pause the game.something, I should practice. sweatdrop

I just have a funny memory and remember Shi yelling at Thork for calling her Lee, instead of Lin.

On a side note, Thork originated in the first arc of this story. And was with Revenge and Kuori up until the group entered the town of Lupa.  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:25 pm
I had an avenger in Rain's campaign that I wish that I'd gotten to play more.

I also once had a psion who couldn't do much damage beyond at wills, but could control the battlefield like a boss, and I loved that pc.

Otherwise I have only played Wardens, two rogues, and now a cleric in 4e.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:55 pm
Pup: You can technically add Ranger to that list.

P.Fish: Being you posted a like of the resisting dwarf, I figured I would share all it is resistant to.

Resist 7 Cold, 7 Fire, 5 Acid, 5 Lightning, 5 poison, and 2 Thunder
Bloodied ->Resist All damage 2

Though, at this point I could make it a Mul, a human/dwarf hybrid from Dark Sun, or keep it a dwarf. But, then again at the moment all I have for the character is 3 feats, a background bonus, and a character theme. I still have no idea how to proceed with the build so it will probably shelf it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:16 pm
If I do get a chance to get a better handle on my life schedule, I think a game the three (PupFish Nemesis) would be Midnight; besides a very short lived guild game in Eberron, Midnight's the only campaign setting I've played in (3.5; doesn't exist for 4th due to incompatibility). I'd be happy to run it for you three, though I worry that'll end up as an empty promise. Think Lord of the Rings, but Sauron wins, and 100 years have passed. It is very creative with its character class system and I think it would give you a lot of character building opportunities.

It's on the darker side though so I don't think Kowsauni would like it. Plus no playable monster races. ninja  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:29 am
I mean ... I play Apoc an Masquerade in a chronicle setting. I like doomy gloomy hopless atmospheres.

That said, never played the system.  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:25 pm
Must not be a p***k and point out Sauron has fell at least three times in the LotR lore. So, the 100 years after which could also be 3 different points in time. xp

I can't say I have ever played in any kind of broody settings before... Could be fun! I look forward to that day  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:14 pm
Psychofish

SCN_ Grey_fox

PupSage

Rain Yupa

Mongooseh

Alright, posted. sorry about the delay. We are up and running again. Based on your conversation would you guys prefer that I ran one shots where you get to role new character each game are do you like this ongoing narrative?  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 pm
Kowsauni
Based on your conversation would you guys prefer that I ran one shots where you get to role new character each game are do you like this ongoing narrative?

That's a negatory from me. I've always enjoyed an extended storyline, and my old gaming group from CT used to be in the bad habit of "try something new just for a break for a week" then never picked up the old game again. Repeatedly. crying  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:23 pm
I also have a preference for ongoing story, I just happen to also be a sucker for character creation. So good news is if one of my PCs bites it I always have a back up.

This has yet to prove useful for me, but I'm sure some day one of my PCs will croak. Possibly very soon if I just aggroed the rest of the party.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games