Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:05 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 13
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Third Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

Why couldn't I have inherited Mum's natural gift with words and being good around people?

David was still embarrassed from his parting words with Leonette. Awkward. He was awkward. And this is why he was pretty sure he avoided making friends. Of course, his Dad was the same way: he would make business connections and have colleagues but the idea of his Dad having friends was foreign to David. He may have inherited some good traits like his Dad's brilliant mind and ability to get through a book easily with high comprehension and his dedication to studies but he also inherited his Dad's cynicism and thus his awkwardness with having casual relationships.

He let out a sigh as he took a seat at random away from most of the other students in his house and sat by a girl who seemed to have the same idea on her mind. He glanced over to her her and realized that it was the girl that he had talked to last year when she had been sorted into the house. Her name was something that sounded like a punctuation mark if he remembered correctly. "Long summer?" David asked Asterisk casually, more to distract himself from his thoughts of his conversation with Leonette, as he watched the first years enter. His sister's bright blonde hair and energy evident. David figured the question was a safe one and his summer had been long in its own way with the whole Cathy ordeal.
500 Days of Summer

User Image
Pet: Annabella

{OOC: Hopefully you don't mind my intrusion sweatdrop }  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:04 pm

User Image
            User Image
            User Image
            User Image
            the x storm x finallyx found x me
            and xxleftxx me xxin xxthexx dark

Asterisk was eyeing the incoming first years before she noticed someone speaking to her. She looked towards the sound of the voice before remembering the boy in front of her. He was the same person she talked to during last year. She wasn't very clear about his name, not that she forgot it.; she wasn't much of a Name First kind of person.She did remember him as the library kid though. Who actually liked libraries anyways?

"Not really," she lied, "and yours? You got a sibling there?" Asterisk glanced over to the first years being sorted for more reference. She assumed he was an only child like she was, being a fan of books and all. She was wrong though, always wrong these days.

Quote:

SECOND YEARxxxxxxRAVENCLAW xxxxxxPUREBLOODxxxxxxSINGLE

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OCC:  

500 Days of Summer

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:17 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

Ah, and Cathy's a Hufflepuff: worse house in our families opinion, but it will totally fit her.

David shrugged about his summer and said as he watched the sorting, "Not particularly, besides my little sister bugging me with a million questions about Hogwarts and magic."

That was when the sorting hat announced the name "Cathaline Acacia League". David glanced up and waved his hand at Cathy as the hat was set on her head. "And yes: my little sister apparently didn't take quite as much after our father as we all thought. Let's see where the hat decides to put her..." When the hat announced Hufflepuff a large smile grew on David's face, "Oh and she really broke the mold of the family. Too bad her in Hufflepuff doesn't mean she won't be able to get into the Ravenclaw dorms easily enough..."

He was chuckling quite a bit and glanced over at Asterisk as Cathy waved to him and headed over to Hufflepuff. He was sure she would have bothered him first if it wasn't that he was actually talking to someone-which Cathy would see as progress.

500 Days of Summer

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:27 pm
Eva is...
CURRENTLY // wearing her first year robes
CURRENTLY // single
CURRENTLY WITH // the Ravenclaw Table
CURRENTLY FEELING // Relieved
CURRENTLY THINKING // I wonder what the Ravenclaw house will be like.
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image

Eva sat down on one of the long benches, out of breath from excitement and running. She had never seen anything like this before. As she sat down, she was fully able to appreciate that she had just been sorted by a talking hat! What other wonders does this life have in store? She looked at all of the faces surrounding her and beamed. ”Hi, me names Eva.” Her body was in full excitement mode, which also lead to a little anxiety. ”So, what does it mean to be Ravenclaw? I’m kinda new to this." She laughed at herself.

Garnet Supernova

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500

500 Days of Summer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

User Image
            User Image
            User Image
            User Image
            the x storm x finallyx found x me
            and xxleftxx me xxin xxthexx dark

Asterisk turned to look at the first year sorting, almost as quick as David did. They didn't look the same, at all in Asterisk's opinion. The first year was blonde and dubbed as "bubbily" by the still peculiar talking hat. The thing roared "Hufflepuff" and she went her merry way, not forgetting to wave at David. "Is your family going to freak with the whole breaking traditions or whatever?" Asterisk asked gently, not sure where he stood in the hierarchy/blood complex of the magic world they live in. "Read any good books this summer?" She resorted to a subject change. Even though she wasn't a first year, communicating with people for more than a few minutes still wasn't comfortable.

Quote:

SECOND YEARxxxxxxRAVENCLAW xxxxxxPUREBLOODxxxxxxSINGLE

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OCC: when a good idea just disappeared in your head and can't even write anymore.... sorry this is blehk

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:46 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

Family going to freak? Technically I don't think Mum or Dad will care...

David raised a brow at Asterisk's opinion, "Depends who in the family you are talking about. Mum won't care. Dad's still a bit disappointed he didn't get to have an 'ordinary' kid in the end. They, at least, won't care as long as she is happy..."

He glanced at Asterisk who changed the conversation to books and David said, "I read our textbooks from cover-to-cover, and got most of my textbooks re-read. I actually was more focused on getting Cathy ready for Hogwarts and learning musical scales. On the last point, I thought I would diversify my skills a bit and actually make use of the grand piano no one in our house even knows how to play, yet Mum and Dad waste the money to get it tuned every year."

"What about you? How was your summer? Anything of interest?" He asked, politely. Both were about equally awkward in the conversation-though he felt at least he was slowly learning how to sort-of hold a normal conversation. He'd have to thank that to Leo.

500 Days of Summer

User Image

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Garnet Supernova

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

Eva Byrne
[Ravenclaw]

Current Age: 11
Blood: Muggleborn
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: First Year robes

~Oh my, oh my, I hope they like me!~

Eva saw two other Ravenclaws talking and decided to try and introduce herself. She was so nervous about it she practically screamed at them both. "Hi! Me name's Eva! How'er you? I've never seen anythin' so amazin'! I'm from a... a muggle family, so this is the first time I've seen anythin' like this! Was it the same yer first time?" She couldn't help but keep talking, even though she knew she had interrupted kids definitely older than her, she was desperate for friends in this new, unfamiliar place.

mc2

500 Days of Summer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

Eva Byrne
[Ravenclaw]

~Oh! Another Ravenclaw First year!~

Just as she was finishing up her speech to the upperclassmen, she heard the loud voice of the sorting hat boom "RAVENCLAW!" Eva clapped and cheered as Eugene was sorted. She motioned him to sit by her, a little too enthusiastically. "Me names Eva, whats yours? Guess we are going to be housemates now." She tried to smile warmly, though her nerves were getting the best of her.

Laurel Mindfang

Garnet Supernova

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:47 am
User Image

єugene єridanos ωindsor

Ravenclaw First Year Half-Blood

User Image
xxxxxxxx I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
------------------------------------------------- 'Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
xxxxxxxx Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
------------------------------------------- Trying to see through the rain coming down

-------- ✎ Even though I'm not the only one who feels the way I do... ✦ --------

Jean still felt nervous even after being sorted, he should feel relieved by now. He felt bashful after the Ravenclaw students clapped and cheered, he's not yet used to big crowds. And he really hoped that it will go away, which he's pretty sure it would.

As he was searching for a good seat in Ravenclaw Table, a girl in the same age as his, gestured him to sit beside her. He felt flattered and nodded, "Thank you," he said as he sat beside her, he straightened his robes and tool at deep breath. He felt a little bit calm now, or relieved for the most.

As the girl introduced herself, he smiled, "Eugene Windsor, pleased to meet you. You may call me Jean if you'd like, and it looks like we're housemates for the next six years" He chuckled. He took a sigh of relief and looked around the students, or he could say... housemates. "So, I suppose you are new in this? I mean in magic?" He asked, try to make a conversation. But what he was wondering is about the term he had just heard, 'Muggle'. Some people have mentioned that term back in the Diagon Alley with his father, probably referring to the young redhead. How many terms did he did not know from this world? He never knew. But didn't even want to ask about it because he might look stupid himself, but seriously.

-------- I'll be strong, I'll be wrong but life goes on. --------

User Image
"
A thinker now! And open-minded to boot! And a love of learning...
You are definitely a... Ravenclaw!"

Mood: Shy, but cool
With: The Ravenclaw Students
Attire: Uniform

Little Sage Lamb

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:24 am
User ImageUser Image

Eva Byrne
[Ravenclaw]

~This is going better than expected.~

She smiled as the boy sat down next to her. "Its nice to meet you Jean! And yep! And we will be learning magic! Isn't that just crazy?! I didn't know magic existed before I got me letter!" She looked around again, super excited. "Yeah, when it come to magic, I am completely new. I was in awe when me mum gave me the letter, then Diagon Alley! Who'da dreamed such a place existed! Just look at that ceiling! Being muggle born, I've never seen magic like this, only the fake kind where someone pretends to pull a we rabbit out of a hat." She realized she had probably been talking for way to long; she had a tendency to do that when nervous. She dared one last question. "Are you muggle born, too Jean?"

Laurel Mindfang

Garnet Supernova

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:51 pm
User Image

єugene єridanos ωindsor

Ravenclaw First Year Half-Blood

User Image
xxxxxxxx I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
------------------------------------------------- 'Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
xxxxxxxx Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
------------------------------------------- Trying to see through the rain coming down

-------- ✎ Even though I'm not the only one who feels the way I do... ✦ --------

Eugene just smiled at Eva, who turned to to be pretty outgoing and talkative according to his senses. And by sense he just see that she really is like that from the way she acted so enthusiastic and easy-going. Having half of his friends being hyper at hiss hometown in Scotland, he's really used to it. He's simply just okay with it.

Seeing how she used the term 'Muggle', he was starting to think that it probably refer to a person who had no knowledge about wizards nor magic. If that's the case, Muggleborns probably were referred to witches and wizards who grew up with parents who are non-magical people and grew up without a magical atmosphere, just like him. So if his father's a wizard and his mother's wasn't, that would technically make him a half-and-half. He should have read the History book or a terminology book (if that even exist) before reading about the charms and magical creatures.

"Are you muggleborn too, Jean?" His trail of thought just lost when she asked the question. Good thing he just thought about that before she asked the question, if not he would end up himself speechless. "Seems like it, being completely new to magic and all. But since my dad's a wizard and mum's not, that would make me half, I think," Eugene shrugged, showing that he's not pretty sure about his answer.

-------- I'll be strong, I'll be wrong but life goes on. --------

User Image
" A thinker now! And open-minded to boot! And a love of learning...
You are definitely a... Ravenclaw!"

Mood: Unsure
With: Eva Byrne
Attire: [x]

Little Sage Lamb

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Dalton’s cheeks burned as the Sorting Hat referred to him as a nerd. Were his sisters right all along – was he really a geek? Before the boy could really process his train of thought, his house was announced. Ravenclaw would be his new home. The red tint on his cheeks quickly faded, and a smile grew on his lips. Ace! This was the house filled with students who were smart and cared about school! That meant he wouldn’t be made fun of for caring about the grades he would receive in his future classes. Walking towards the table decked in blue, which he assumed was his house due to all of the cheering, Dalton scanned the table quickly, looking for a place to sit. When he found one near the other first years, the boy sat down quietly. Sure, he was happy to be here, but making friends wasn’t exactly his forte.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Garnet Supernova

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

Eva Byrne
[Ravenclaw]

~So I'm not the only person new to this whole world!~

She smiled at him, feeling a bit relieved that she hadn't scared him off for now. She thought about it for a moment and then giggled. "He he! I was listenin' to some of the older students talkin' 'bout 'blood status'. I m'self would be muggleborn. You'd be a 'half-blood'. People who have always had witches or wizards in their family are called 'pure-bloods'. To me, it doesn't really matter. I hope no one will give me any grief about it. I would always be made fun of back in Dublin for bein' 'Strange'." She looked down at the table, remembering all of the isolation of her past. Shaking her head to get the memories out, she changes the subject. "So, 'ave you read any of our text books for this year? I personally am interested in transfiguration. Just think of it! Changing yerself into an animal! And just like that, she was lost in the wonder of it all.

Laurel Mindfang

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:25 pm
User Image

████████████████ █████ I PIROUETTE in the DARK
                                          I S-E-E the ★stars★ T-H-R-O-U-G-H me
                                          Tired mechanical heartxxxxxxxxxxTired mechanical heart
                                          Tired mechanical heart
                                          xxxxxxxxxxTired mechanical heart
                                          Tired mechanical heart
                                          xxxxxxxxxxTired mechanical heart
                                          Beats til the ♫song♪ DISAPPEARS

xxxxxJames slipped into the Great Hall just before the Sorting Hat had finished its song. How glad she was that she missed it. Eight years of that was pretty annoying. Of course, some professors had been here longer than that. How did they manage to put up with it? Perhaps they understood the Hat's predicament better. Hell, if James had absurd amounts of free time, then perhaps she would write silly songs to perform for the school, but James was a student, and James had dreams. She had ideas for what she wanted to do, and how she was going to achieve them.

xxxxxTaking her seat at the table, James looked around. She could have sworn she saw her sister's blond head. There were other familiar faces though, like David and Asterisk. The prefect had never really spoken much to them, but she knew they existed. She knew that they were her responsibility. Speaking of responsibility, she clapped as three new students were sorted into her house. "There's nae need tae scream Eva," James said with a smile. Overeager first years. Was she this bad all those years ago? "A don't know much abit seein' magic fur th' first time, since A was born intae it," she said, answering the girl's question.

xxxxxShe was silent for a moment before realizing she had forgotten to introduce herself. That might be important. "By th' way, mah nam is Jamesina Machlachlan, but A usually go by James. This is mah eighth year 'ere, but A'm really a seventh year. A missed mah O.W.L.s fifth year fur sum rather nasty reasons an' had to take th' whole year again. A'm a prefect, an' th' head editor of th' school paper, which ye should join, cause lots o' people are leaving this year," she said. A little advertising never hurt. She needed staff, and first years were usually so eager to jump right in.

So C✁U✁T me from theL✁I✁N✁E
Dizzy, spinning endlesslyxxxxxDizzy, spinning endlessly
Dizzy, spinning endlessly
xxxxxDizzy, spinning endlessly
Dizzy, spinning endlessly
xxxxxDizzy, spinning endlessly

Somebody make me feel alive
& SHATTER ME!

Location: Hogsmeade Station to Great Hall Status: Friendly With: Ravenclaw First Years Thoughts: A little advertising never hurt anyone.
OOC: @Sage: Please try not to double post. Sorting is one of the most active times, and so it is really unnecessary. Patience is good! o3o
Little Sage Lamb

Laurel Mindfang

kiska166

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Garnet Supernova

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

Eva Byrne
[Ravenclaw]

~A SCHOOL NEWSPAPER!~

Eva blushed for a moment while James introduced herself, but her composure came rushing back when she said there was a school paper. "A paper, eh? That's brilliant! What do you 'ave to do to join?" She could barely contain her enthusiasm. "And I heard about this spart called quidditch. It sounds a lot like soccer. I played soccer, was pretty good at it if I do say so m'self." Finally, someone who could answer questions!

Violet the Maestro

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games