Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 10, 3, 1, 5, 10 Total: 39 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm
@The Athletics Competition

Kojiro put a little more muscle into it and tried to catch up to the Unicorn and the other Mantis....or atleast put a bit of distance between himself and Hisashi.

OOC:
4k3, last two dice are to handle explosions
1 raise used
Results: 41  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 1:

First Check: Matsu Seichiro gains a Free Raise for his final roll!
Second Check: Asako Sumi gains a Free Raise for her final roll!
Third Check: Asako Sumi gains a Free Raise for her final roll!

Sumi would wait for Seichiro to finish, drinking her tea quietly. Once he was done, however, she would intercede. "I thought as much. Repeating advice you yourself had overheard, no doubt. The words do have a ring of truth to them, but they don't mean anything until you know what they mean. And I'm a scholar, not a priest or spirit talker. The Phoenix pay me to learn for them, and that's what I do."

Putting down her tea cup for a moment, she would look up into Seichiro's eyes (as best as she could, since he has but one). "Have you considered having your family arrange a marriage for you? Despite its drawbacks, its terribly convenient. Surely, the past has shown you that they do have the tendency to work out... from time to time."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:02 pm
To handle explosion ><  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:10 pm
Seichiro looked at her, and raised his eyebrow. "I... have not. I do not think it is something most Samurai think of. I think it mostly just... happens. As for me, I'd rather see where this takes me. Maybe I'll met a girl and marry her, maybe my superiors will arrange a marriage between me and a stranger. Time can only tell."  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:16 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 1:

The conversation would carry on, about marriage and the differences of the Phoenix and Lion clans. Before long though, their time increment has elapsed.

As the two would bring an end to their ceremony, they would follow the proper protocols about politely finishing up the tea and cleaning up.

Matsu Seichiro, contested Void/Tea Ceremony roll with a free raise!

Sumi's roll: 28+10 = 38.  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 8, 2 Total: 16 (3-30)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:20 pm
Seichiro joined Sumi with the end of the Tea Ceremony.

3k2+5=19  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:28 pm
@ Ceremonial Contest, Round 1:

Matsu Seichiro, do you give Asako Sumi a positive or a neutral review?

You can decide now, or at the end of the event.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:55 pm
[I shall decide @ the end.]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:00 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 2:

Sumi stands and bows to Seichiro as the servants come to collect the two of you, leading you to different chambers within this building.

As the door slides open, Seichiro would see a woman in purple and white, already in the process of getting the tea started. A woman he had little chance to interact with thus far.

"Ah! Matsu Seichiro! I've waited patiently for you. Come, sit, and let us have tea," Shinjo Gemmei said, smiling politely as she gestured to the seat opposite her on this table.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 pm
Seichiro was startled at her words. She was waiting for him? And here he thought he wasn't very sociable and that barely anyone knew him. He sat down across from her, and bowed his head. "I am at your service. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss..."  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:33 pm

She would bow her head in response, her brown hair dangling loosely about her shoulders. "I am Shinjo Gemmei. Kan spoke highly of you during my first ceremony. We spoke of many things, and it was enlightening."

She would pour Seichiro his first cup of tea, a slight smile never once leaving her face. "What weighs on your mind, Seichiro-san? I am a good listener. We can talk about whatever you would like."  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:47 pm
"Shinjo Gemmei, a pleasute to meet you." He would take his cup, bowing his head and slightly raising it, before putting it against his lips and taking a sip. "I am very surprised Kan spoke of me. I've known him for such a short period of time, yet he spoke of me. If it is not too much to ask, Gemmei-san, is it possible to ask what he said of me? Not that I want to be nosy, and I understand if you decline, but I am just curious."

[2k2 Etiquette (Sincerity) to make her know he is truly curious, and not paranoid nor nosy, if it applies.]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Fortunately, Seichiro's penalty to social rolls for being Large balances/cancels out Gemmei's penalty to social rolls for being Wary!

"Oh, yes. You and Kyumi both. He's quite proud of your accomplishments during this tournament," Gemmei would elaborate, raising her cup upwards and offering a quick prayer before drinking herself.

"He recommended this tea, you know. He says it will remind you of home." If Seichiro thought about it, he would indeed recognize the particular taste as being tea harvested and prepared in the technique of the Lion Clan. Specifically, what Seichiro would remember from the Akodo bushi school he attended.

She would smile to Seichiro suddenly, more than before. "Matsu Seichiro. The warrior Lion of the tournament, testing the steel of his blade, of his mind, and now his soul. You are quite an exquisite person, aren't you?"

Untrained Courtier of 16.  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 8 Total: 9 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:10 pm
He widened his eye open a bit, surprised at the brand of tea served. Right now, Seichiro was thanking Kan in his head. He smiled when he heard Gemmei say he was an 'exquisite person'. "I would not say exquisite; I am but a humble servant of the Emperor and Rokugan, and thus I happen to know the ways of the sword, which works in tandem with my mind and soul to achieve the closest thing to inner peace one can attain."

[2k2 untrained Etiquette]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 8, 5, 6, 2, 5 Total: 35 (7-70)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:49 pm
Denbe laughed, not scoffing, but legitimately a bit thrilled by the blunt competition, as polite as he normally was inclined. Keeping his eyes between the Dragon and the goal, Denbe kept pace, trying to see if Sozen could keep up.

[2 Raises to take lead.]
[7k4+3 Athletics (Running): 29 vs TN 25]

[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games