Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:36 am
"Of course she convinced them. Why worry about a few copper pieces when you have a pile of gold at hand. If their new methods make the demihumans as compliant as Pierette, and they were able to make an elder brain demihuman who obeyed them without question, then they would be able to make anybody obey them, Anyone at all. Rulers, Kings, soldiers, all fallen before a seemingly innocent person who controls legions. How worthless a few slaves with free will must seem compared to that."

----
Novi looks at the books. "This probably opens the way to the chamber to fix Ruin, but I can't read the titles to figure out the answer."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:36 pm
The man shrugs his shoulders at Kuroi. "Maybe, whatever it is, its probably nothing good. I don't know what their exact plans are but at least your people should be safe."

He would then respond to Novi, motioning to an opening in the back of the tower. "The ritual room is back over there. What that is, I have no idea. "

Curious, the man moves over and looks at the books left on the shelf. "Hmm, I believe the syllables written on them are infernal, unfortunately I don't know how to read that language either."  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:39 pm
Weeeeeeeeellllll then, PupSage misunderstood. Let's got unpetrify Ruin first.

Kuori will take the statue back to the room. "Hey Valac, you can ..." She pauses, "I mean, you speak Infernal, can you read it too?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:51 pm
Valac was about to gesture to Ruin before he remembered the other Tiefling was a statue.

"Many things my head does without me knowing why. I'll take a look and see if I can make sense of it." Said Valac checking the books on the shelf.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:20 pm
As Valac looks over the remaining books on the shelves, he can read the infernal writings on their spines. He sees each cover is labeled with one of the following words.

Avernus
Dis
Minauros
Phlegethos
Stygia
Malbolge
Maladomini
Cania
Nessus

((A History or Religion check can be rolled to determine what these words mean.))

Kuori drags the statue of Ruin to the room in the back. Inside is a bizarre and alien looking metal contraption that encompasses almost the entire space. While Kuori is not entirely sure how exactly it works without further investigation, using it seems intuitive enough. There seems to be a space in the middle of the room to put the target of the ritual and another further away space for the caster to stand. The room is filled with reagents so it shouldn't be a problem finding what she needs for the ritual.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:18 pm
Valac repeats the names aloud for someone who has read more than a menu in their time to figure out.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:48 pm
14 Religion to know the layers of Hell
21 to do the ritual

Kuori gathers the needed reagents and performs the ritual... then she gathers extra reagents ... and extra extras, and more extra extras.

Novi's roll in this post, 4+5=9

Navi tris to figure out the puzzle, but isn't skilled with these things.  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 1 Total: 15 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:54 am
Alone in his head, Ruin sings
(Not sure if we are waiting on me and just in case.

History 25
Religion 7: What are gods?)  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:36 pm
As Kuori casts the ritual the strange metallic contraption encompassing the room begins to hum and glow. Kuori could tell it was amplifying her magic and focusing all into ruin. What would initially take an hour was happening in minutes. The color soon returns to Ruin's face and his flesh softens and his stony exterior fades away. Ruin's petrifaction is removed! But, it was not without cost, the ritual was taxing on his body causing some of his vitality to be drained. (Ruin takes 18 damage, leaving him at 21HP) None the the Ruin is now back to his normal self.

As Valac reads them off, Kuori recognizes the names of the books to be the 9 levels of hell.

Novi Recognizes some sort of lever is atached within the book covers, but is otherwise not sure what to do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:25 pm
Kuori pats Ruin on the shoulder. "Welcome back, feel like reading?"

She walks out of the room. She starts listing titles as she walks out. "Avernus, Dis, Minauros, Phlegethos, Stygia, Malbolge, Maladomini, Cania, Nessus."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:56 am
Confused, Ruin would look about... "Read? So many questions... What happened to Pierrette? Valac didn't kill her, did he? Where are we? How long have I been out? Did the merfolk mafia face sanctions from the leprechaun triad for that failed hit?! So many questions!"

Following after her, "Oh hey, Valac and Novi... and Arian Soldier, sir... So, we were captured and taken to Aria..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:03 pm
"Ruin meet random Demi Arian who has yet to introduce themselves. Pierette is alive and naïve, you are only alive by grace of fate and my generosity, but none of us are up to snuff for a fight right now, so we are gonna open this door and then take a rest. You read infernal right?" She walks with the quickness and annoyance of a tired mother.

Novi steps out of her way. "I don't know, I could probably go right now."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:48 pm
"Then rest." Ruin would state, "If your sure it is a door, I figure out the lock and open it."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:06 am
The man would state. "The only reason I remain nameless as no one has bothered to ask." He would she his head and sigh. "Peoples manners these days. My name is Lionel, for those who are concerned. And no you are not my prisoner. At the moment, our goals align, so I am helping you."

Ruin sees the bookshelf in question. All the books have been removed from it except for 9 of them that are randomly placed on the shelves. Upon closer inspections he sees the books are actually levers disguised by book covers. The books can be pulled upon to pull the levers. Each book cover is labeled in infernal with one of names of the 9 levels of hell.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:51 am
Ruin smiles as he goes to work on the bookcase puzzle. "I am Vaius Mizviir, or Ruin if you want. A shame about the time and place, though it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance... I thought Pierette said you were with the Elder Brain group?"

Quote:
Thievery 17

If Ruin fails the roll, Sand Shape through any gap.

Sand Shape
Daily ✦ Arcane, Polymorph
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you are insubstantial and can pass through any opening large enough to accommodate a single grain of sand. You cannot attack, pick up anything, or manipulate objects.
Sustain Minor: The effect persists.

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games