Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:54 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 2:

{First Check: Shinjo Gemmei gains a Free Raise for her final roll!

Shinjo Gemmei would close her eyes as she drank from her cup further, waiting for Seichiro to finish. "Yet you are still concerned with what others think of you..." she observed. Gemmei acted like she was going to say more, but as the seconds ticked by, nothing more came to her lips, save for tea.

She would give her body a moment to recover from consuming the hot liquid, and she would watch Seichiro, almost staring at him expectantly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:08 pm
"Well Gemmei-san, I guess I'm a proud Lion clan bushi. It's a Lion thing, being prideful. Gemmei-san, are you also amused that an Akodo-trained Matsu bushi is partaking in these competitions that involve spirit and mind, and not physical ones? I ask because yesterday, Doji Kita was also surprised to see me in the Lore competition. I guess I have begun to realize that I am a man of multiple talents." He chuckled, and took a sip of his tea, letting out a soft sigh of contentment after the sip.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:24 pm
@ Athletics Competition, 100m Race:

Kakita Zanzen would begin to get his footing, moving faster as he proceeded to catch up to the pack...

Yoritomo Hisashi, however, found himself beginning to fall behind. Though it seemed in his head at first, it wouldn't be long before those around him began to leave his peripheral vision and move ahead...

One of which was Bayushi Kojiro, who was suddenly very gung-ho about not losing, as he began to pull ahead!

Ujina Denbe would chuckle as he reached the halfway point in leaps and bounds! Clearly, there would be no way Sozen-san could keep up! But as he looked beside him...

Mirumoto Sozen would be right behind him, his long legs allowing him impressive strides, as he kept shoulder-to-shoulder with the Hare! {2 raises, 41 vs TN 25!} "The next competition is mine to decide, Denbe-san!" he would call out, determined to win.

Yoritomo Susumu continued to lead the advance behind the two speedsters, hardly looking winded at all! He seemed to be thoroughly enjoying himself! {1 Raise, 20 vs TN 20}

... unlike Horiuchi Sayoko, who kept pace with Susumu. But she was not enjoying herself, by any stretch. {1 Raise, 26 vs TN 20}

Isawa Sosuke continued his non-stressed pace, worrying about his pacing only if he fell behind. Which might happen sooner than he would like! {22 vs TN 15}

Kuni Kaori would yell out in effort to motivate herself! "I won't lose this! I will prove myself!" Her words had the intended affect, as she followed Zanzen as she moved up in the pack! {20 vs TN 20}

ATHLETICS, 25m-50m
Group 1 (the lead!)
Ujina Denbe
Mirumoto Sozen

Group 2

Group 3
Yoritomo Susumu
Horiuchi Sayoko

Group 4
Bayushi Kojiro

Group 5
Isawa Sosuke
Kuni Kaori
Kakita Zanzen

Group 6
Yoritomo Hisashi

Everyone, give me your rolls for the third quarter of the race!  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 1, 7, 2 Total: 15 (4-40)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:28 pm
@Athletics

"Come on, Kuni-san, let us push past them." Using all his Kakita charm, he smiled, attempting to keep pushing forward.

4k3, 1 raise, tn 20

And he trips over a 14  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 3, 10, 5, 2, 10 Total: 34 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:34 pm
@The Athletics Competition

Kojiro laughed back to the Crab woman. "Run then, little cousin! Run like you drenched a sleeping shugenja!" Kojiro tried to follow his own advice and keep the speed up.

OOC
Agilty/Athletics (4k3; 2 dice added to handle explosions)
1 Raise (TN 20)
Results: 21  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Gemmei would close her eyes and shake her head slowly back and forth. "I do not take amusement in others, unless they are making it an effort to amuse me. I am a shugenja and a Fortunist, it is my duty... no, my privilege to observe the world around me impartially. I apologize if I gave you the impression you were being judged. You are not, at least, not by me."

She would lift the kettle, gesturing forth with it. "More tea?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:54 pm
"Please," he said, at her offer. He lifted the cup, moving it towards her so she'd have an easier time pouring it. Once she was done, she would continue the conversation. "And no, I was not under the impression that I was being judged, for I am just curious. Gemmei-san, would you mind if I asked you about your role as Shugenja? I've had little interaction with other Shugenja, and it intrigues me. I'd like to hear how using the elements and speaking with the kami is from a Shugenja herself."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Gemmei would actually chuckle a bit at that, but only a little bit. "No matter how much we try to be spiritual leaders for the rest of our fellow Buke, it never ceases to amaze nor amuse us that we get asked that question so many times." She would pour Seichiro his tea, before pouring her own.

"Did you know that anyone can train to become a shugenja? The potential is there. However, the aptitude to be a good shugenja is something that many of us are just... born with. That's why, as children, all samurai get tested to see what magical prowess they might have. Those of us who do..." She would lift one hand upward, as if cupping some unseen object higher above the two of them.

"The kami are all around us - in the air we breathe, the ground we step on, the water we drink, the fire we use to cook the food we eat... the kami are an intricate part of our life cycle. That might seem difficult to fully grasp, but as we are trained, we realize how close to the kami we really are. A connection that was always there, and we were just never aware of it. When a young shugenja first sees and feels that connection for the first time..."

She brought both hands to her cup and lifted it as to drink, but she would hesitate.

"... That's how we know we are on the right path. All doubt washes away, and there is only clarity."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:37 pm
"That first time must be so great. As you explain this to me, I can imagine it, yet it seems so complex that at the same time I cannot grasp it. I hope to one day study just a bit about Shugenja magic and how they do what they do, even if I'm not gifted. Expand my mind to other areas of knowledge, so to speak."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:51 pm

{First Check: Shinjo Gemmei gains a Free Raise for her final roll!}

Gemmei would sip her tea, waiting for Seichiro to continue.

Though, after some time, she would ask, more of a topic of conversation than being nosey: "What cost one as young as yourself the loss of your eye?"

{19 Etiquette}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-20)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:18 am
"Ah," He said, and let out a chuckle, "I was wondering when I was going to be asked that. I lost it at war. Worst time to lose ANYTHING. An assassin entered my tent intent on killing me, because I was leading the army. This is a bitter reminder. Gemmei-san, this may sound dishonorable, but try to avoid war as best you can."

[2k2 Etiquette]  
Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 7, 10, 7, 2 Total: 26 (4-40)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:44 am
Athletics Event: Footrace - 50m-75m
(Athletics Check with Water Ring 3, 4k3 vs TN 25)
Result: 25

Hisashi realized the gravity of his current position in the race and decided it would be a good time to kick it into high gear and hopefully make his way back into a better position before it was too late. He didn't have much time, and if nothing else, he would have to really gun it at the last 25 meters if things started to look bad.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:46 am
Exploding Die  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:04 pm

{First Check: Shinjo Gemmei gains a Free Raise for her final roll!}
{Second Check: Shinjo Gemmei gains a Free Raise for her final roll!}

Gemmei would tilt her head somewhat as she listened to Seichiro's explanation, reaching up to stroke some of her hair away from her face with a gentle caress.

"You shouldn't be that surprised at that. Most Rokugani are mindful enough to not press such matters, due to risks of opening old wounds. I was merely curious, because you fight like a lion, but your heart is that of a cub's. I was wondering whom might be the sort of person to do such a thing to a person."

Though, eyes a bit wider, she would ask the real money question: "How did you come to lead an army at such a young age, Seichiro-san?"

{Untrained Courtier of 23}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-20)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:38 pm
"Well, I was a promising tactician, according to my superiors, and they wanted to see how did with a small force in a skirmish against a small Crane army. So off they sent me with a small contingency of bushi and ashigaru. I won, of course, but losing my eye was the cost. There seems to be a shortage of good tacticians who understand war. I studied many battles and read Akodo One-Eye's Leadership many, many times. I'm very dedicated."

[2k2 Etiquette]  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games