Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 871 872 873 874 875 876 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:54 pm
User Image
Good evening everyone. It seems like forever since I last chatted here... and I mean actual chatting, not the random questionnaire posts I've been doing now and then the past few days.

I'm currently getting over a cold. Today is probably the first day where I'm starting to feel that I'm more like myself - about 98% myself. Still random remains of the cold still hanging around, but a day or two should take care of it.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:57 pm
User Image
It's hard to believe that I'm already done with school and that I'll be graduating next week. This Friday there's a graduation celebration for us graduates. I'm intrigued to see what our student government/alumni relations is giving us graduates for our graduation gift. Hopefully it'll contain things that I would actually want and use. *shrugs*

Now what? It's up in the air. I do plan on searching for a job... but I'll worry about that sometime later. I want to enjoy my time off from school before I worry about all of that. Which is hard to do when Mom is already getting into the swing of asking if I've been looking for jobs or not.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:01 pm
User Image
Why do I always have to keep running into these scenarios with my mother? It's like the same disagreement topic that just keeps coming back again and again when I've come to an end of something. When I finished high school, we had the conversation. When I graduated with my Associates, we had the conversation on what my next step would be - job or school? I went with looking for a job, and I applied and had a few interviews - but they didn't seem to mean anything to her. So, at last minute, we decided to enroll me into college again to earn my Bachelors. Thankfully I got a job as the Copy Editor for my university's newspaper and that put a rest to the whole job discussion. But now that I'm graduating again... it just comes back again.

For goodness sake's, woman! It's my life! Let me make my decisions for my life. I don't tell you how to live yours or how you should do your work life. What gives you the right to tell me what to do? You're my mother? Yeah, true... but I'm not that little girl you want me to stay being. I'm a full grown young woman now! Ugh!
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:03 pm
User Image
That's another thing - my Mom can't seem to make up her mind on what she wants me to be. She keeps telling me to stop growing up, that I should stay the little girl she loves having around. And then she turns and has this "what are doing with your life" discussion with me, making me feel like she's trying to push me into the adult world. Make up your mind, mother! I'm only human. I can't time travel and be in two places - specifically time periods - at once.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:05 pm
User Image
In the end, I get frustrated whenever these discussions come up. Yes, I know that my parents are trying to help me with whatever decision I make with the next step in my life on Earth... but it is *my* decision. They had it easy. They could easily get into their chosen careers with barely any experience or required degrees. I'm living in a new world now where getting a job is nothing but a miracle for a lot of us folks who don't have any special connections with people in special places. I'm just an extraordinary girl from the middle of nowhere trying to find her place in this big high-tech technological world.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:10 pm
User Image
It's even harder for someone like me who is an English major. Although there's a wide variety of positions I could do - from working a library, to writing for a newspaper or magazine, or editing other folks' work - there doesn't seem to be any listings available in that field for me. Especially not around here, it seems.

No... all of the available jobs is mostly in the medical or science/engineering areas.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 pm
User Image
Okay... that's enough ranting for right now.

Time for more fun, uplifting things...
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:18 pm
User Image
User Image

I love the Doctor Who-version show that appears on Community known as "Inspector Spacetime", especially since it mostly focuses on the old style Doctor Who shows. It was cool seeing Annie act as one of the other companions of the Inspector.

If I ever appeared on Community, I would want to have some interaction with the Dreamatorium/Inspector Spacetime story arc. I would especially love to appear as a River Song-like character. Still trying to figure out what the name would be though... I'll have to think about that.
User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:13 pm
List 10 of your favorite Characters. Now fill in all the blanks.

1. Sailor Venus

2. Eleventh Doctor

3. River Song

4. Caesar Flickerman

5. Katniss Everdeen

6. Captain Jack Harkness

7. Professor Snape

8. Hermione Granger

9. Luna Lovegood

10. Damon

1) 4 invites 3 and 8 to dinner at their house. What happens?
Caesar Flickerman invites River Song and Hermione Granger to his house for an interview over dinner. Caesar and River will play off with each other easily, having the time of their lives... and River having fun teasing Caesar with saying "Spoilers!" Meanwhile, Hermione will be getting irritated with the two of them and wishing that she could leave, but Caesar insists that she stays for dessert.

2) 9 tries to get 5 to go to a yoga class. What happens?
Katniss probably would agree to it, but find herself with Luna encountering a completely different thing that what she knows yoga to be.

3) You need to stay at a friend’s house for the night. Do you choose 1 or 6?
*chuckles* Depends on what sort of night I'm after. wink

4) 2 and 7 are making out. 10 walks in…Their reaction?
*cracks up laughing* Sorry, that's just really funny trying to imagine the Eleventh Doctor and Snape kissing. Probably was an accident, knowing how clumsy the Doctor can be at times. Damon would probably be confused about what's going on with that little smirk on his face.

5) 3 falls in love with 6. 8 is jealous. What happens?
River and Jack falling in love? Now that I can see happening! And Hermione getting jealous? Well, I guess no one can really resist Jack, no matter how much they try to resist. She would probably just storm off, because she knows she has no chance being with Jack.

6) 4 jumps you in a dark alleyway. Who comes to your rescue? 10, 2 or 7?
Oh my! Is this a candid interview with Caesar? *laughs* Damon would probably tease me and egg Caesar on with question ideas until the interview gets too far. The Doctor is more likely to save me and question why Caesar looks the way he does... though he might pick up on some fashion fad from the Capitol as a result. Oh dear... to imagine what he would think was "cool" from the Capitol. Snape wouldn't come to my rescue. He would just turn away and think that I deserved it for walking in a dark alleyway.

7) 1 decides to start a cooking show. 15 minutes later what is happening?
Well, if basing her behavior off what happens during the girl cooking day in the Sailor Moon S movie, most of the edible ingredients would be gone from her eating them, lol. And it depends on whether she's cooking by herself... or has someone on the show as a guest. If it was Usagi (Sailor Moon), then it would become a complete disaster.

9) 3 has to marry either 8, 4 or 9. Who do they chose?
Caesar Flickerman, because he's more her age range and I can't see her marrying a girl.

10) 7 kidnaps 2 and demands something from 5 for 2’s release. What is it?
Snape kidnapping the Doctor for something from Katniss. Hmm... probably the answer behind how all of her outfits can go up in flames and what not. I mean... how the hell do you create that sort of technology for an outfit?! There's got to be some sort of magic, in Snape's mind anyway.

11) You get to meet either 1 or 6. Who do you chose?
I'm pretty much like Venus, so if I met her, I would basically be meeting myself or a variation of one of my friends (since they've got similiar traits with her too). So, I'm going to go with Jack. "Hello Sweetie!"

12) 10 challenges 4 to a chariot race. Why?
Damon challenging Caesar in a chariot race? *laughs* Oh my goodness.. this is hilarious. Because Damon is bored and wants to do a chariot race. I mean come on?! After those ceremonial parade entrances with the horse and chariots... what daredevil wouldn't want to challenge someone in a race? And with Caesar being the host of most of the Hunger Games shows... I'm not surprised Damon would dare him. Get the host into the action, I suppose.

13) Everyone gangs up on 3. What happens?
Everyone ganging up on River Song, huh? Venus would try to get River, but River either manages to duck her attacks or uses her Vortex manipulator... and knocks Venus out or shoots her. The Doctor would just be yelling at River about something and dodging everyone else's attacks. Caesar Flickerman would more likely be narrating the events as if it's a Hunger Games event, haha - probably hanging out with the Doctor. Katniss would be hanging out somewhere high waiting for everyone else to fight each other before making her move, but gets shot by River before Katniss can release an arrow. Jack would be fighting both River and everyone else, just for the sake of shooting. Knowing River, she would probably play on his love for flirting and gets him out of the running. Snape probably managed to disarm River, but River always has another plan up her sleeve to use. Same would apply with Hermione and Luna - River would come on top. Damon at first would be up for ganging up on River, but after seeing everyone else failing, he probably would just wave the fight away and go off to drink.

15) Why is 6 afraid of 7?
Jack would be afraid of Snape because Snape doesn't seem to have any personality and always is wearing black. *shrugs*

16) 10 gathers everyone around to tell them a fairy tale. How does it go?
Damon probably would tell everyone it's a fairytale, but in reality it's based on real life events from his past. How it would go? Hard to say, depends on what scenario he wanted to tell.

17) 1 arrives late for 2 and 10’s wedding. What happens? And why are they late?
Venus arriving late for the Doctor and Jack's wedding. She probably got held back fighting some demon... and probably the issue of having to travel through time and space ((Hello Sailor Pluto?)) to get to where the boys are at.

1 cool 5 and 9 get roaring drunk and end up at your house. What happens?
Katniss being drunk is more likely than Luna. I would get them to bed instantly.

20) Everyone gets together and starts protesting something outside of your house. What are they protesting? What do you do?
Hmm... that I should choose just one fandom to be in, rather than a whole kaleidoscope of ones. But if I become a time and space traveler in the Doctor Who/Torchwood universe, then as an affect, I would be able to travel to any fandom universe, because there's always a way to make a crossover. So, in the end, it would be useless to choose just one fandom because there's always a tie to the others in my mind. *shrugs* I don't know.

21) 9 murders 2’s best friend. What does 2 do to get back at them?
Luna murdering the Doctor's best friend? Probably the only time Luna would do that is if she's trying to do something with K-9, thinking there's some creature or whatever interfering with his mechanics. The Doctor would just yell at her and tell her to fix it... or take K-9 and fix him.

22) 6 and 1 are in mortal danger. Only one of them can survive. Does 6 save herself or 1?
Jack never dies. So even if I save Venus, Jack's going to come back alive anyway. And the same goes for Venus... even if she dies, there's bound to be some reason that she manages to come back alive again.

25) 3 starts a day camp. What happens?
Um... having kids make their own blue TARDIS-like journals, or their own TARDIS birdfeeder out of milk cartons... or whatever else she sees fit for kids.

27) 1 starts to write a story where 9 and 10 are going out. What is 2’s reaction?
Venus writing a story about Luna and Damon going out. The Doctor would probably be fascinated by it, relating the most with Luna's odd personality.

2 cool 7 makes an apple pie. Is it any good?
He's the Potions Master! Of course it's going to be good!

29) 8 and 3 go camping. For some reason they forget to bring any food. What do they do?
Hermione and River going camping. River would use her Vortex Manipulator to go somewhere to get food and go back to their camp. Problem solved.

30) 1 and 2 are getting married what’s 4’s reaction?
Venus and the Doctor getting married... hmm... it's not that weird to think about. And Caesar of course would love to get the latest scoop on everything about the wedding and their future plans... and how they met... and yadda yadda.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm
User Image
I really need to add Caesar Flickerman to character questionnaires like that more often. It's fun having him there in different scenarios. :D

User Image
User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:24 pm
Do you wear wigs?
I wore my first wig last Halloween when I cosplayed as River Song. While I'm not much of a hat person, wearing a wig quite fun. If I find another wig that I like out there that I could use for an outfit, I may end up getting another. biggrin

Have you ever worn wigs?
See above.

Will you wear wigs again?
See above.

Do the first three questions mean anything to you?
It's all leading up to the theory that Effie from Hunger Games is wearing a wig? *laughs*

How do you feel about Patrick Stewart?
He's a great actor. I like him.

What is your favorite webcomic (besides Homestuck, if you read that)?
Springiette is the only webcomic I read. (Never heard of Homestuck.)

How many posters do you have hanging on your walls?
Actual posters? None.

Who’s your favorite actor/actress?
Johnny Depp and Benedict Cumberbatch... and Helena Bonham Carter and Kate Winslet.

What are your thoughts on the new Great Gatsby movie coming out this December?
I have no opinion.

Is your Christmas tree down yet?
Yeah, we took it down way back in January.

How do you feel about blankets?
Blankets seem to have a new meaning for me after BBC Sherlock. *laughs*

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:38 pm
Ignore the directions at the top of the image... it was from Tumblr... so it only applies there, not here on Gaia.

User Image

1. ---

2. I can be overemotional sometimes.

3. Love and friendship... and believing in my dreams, no matter what roadblocks I face.

4. My ears.

5. Currently I would have to say... Celtic Woman.

6. It was very random and jumbled, so I can't remember all of it.

7. Upside-down heights.

8. The Holiday

9. Golden Blond (or Strawberry Blond, depending on who you are)

10. I don't have one.

11. Pink roses.

12. Cats.

13. Christmas

14. Cookies.

15. I don't really consider myself to have one...

16. Christine

17. None.

18. Movie and candlelight dinner

19. Slow drivers. People driving too close to the back end of my car. Brussel sprouts. Spiders. Slow walkers.

20. Music. Cats. Nature. Cherry Cheesecake. Seafood.

21. I'm an only child.

22. Earrings, I guess...

23. My hair.

24. None.

25. Firefly Path

26. Everything.

27. Nothing.

28. Harry Potter series, Mistress of Dragons, Sherlock Holmes series

29. Sweet

30. My Grammy

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:42 pm
1. What is your favorite word?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocius!

2. What is your least favorite word?
Any curse word.

3. What turns you on?
Blue eyes. British accents.

4. What turns you off?
Cockiness. Rudeness. Drugs and Smoking.

5. What sound or noise do you love?
Nature.

6. What sound or noise do you hate?
People arguing.

7. What is your favorite curse word?
Bloody hell! *shrugs* What? It's the closest you're gonna get with me!

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
A TV/Movie Actress... like working with the big leagues, not this small independent film stuff - not that I don't mind doing those. It's quite fun doing those

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Any medical position. Working at garbage dump. Um... *shrugs*

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
"Welcome home, my angel of love!" *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:11 am
What’s your middle name?
Nicole

How big is your bed?
Twin

What are you listening to right now?
"War" by Hypnotic Brass Ensemble... a.k.a Caesar Flickerman's theme

User Image

What are the last 4 digits in your cellphone number?
I don't have it memorized... and I'm not telling you it even if I did.

What was the last thing you ate?
Cookies

Last person you hugged?
My parents

How is the weather right now?
Cloudy, the last I knew

Who were the last three males to text you, and what did they say?
There's only been one male who has texted me... and I don't have any of his texts on my phone anymore, so I couldn't tell you what they said.

What is the first thing you notice in the opposite sex?
Eyes.

Favorite type of food?
Seafood

Do you want children?
Maybe, someday

Do you drink alcohol?
Occasionally

Ever get so drunk you don’t remember the entire night?
Never been drunk and don't plan on doing so.

Hair color?
Golden Blond

Eye colour?
Forest Green

Do you wear contacts/glasses?
No.

Favorite holiday?
Christmas

Favorite season?
Spring-Summer

Have you ever cried over a girl/boy?
Yes

Last movie you watched?
In theaters - The Hunger Games. Booyah!

User Image

What books are you reading?
City of Bones

Piercings?
Ears

Favorite movie?
The Holiday

What were you doing before filling this out?
Another questionnaire

Any pets?
None at this time

Dogs or cats?[/c]
Cats

Favorite flower?
Pink roses

Who would you like to see right now?
Caesar Flickerman! *laughs* I'm kidding! Uh... I would have to go with my friend Melissa... or The Gang. Or all of them together in one place. biggrin

User Image

Have you ever fired a gun?
A real one? No.

Do you like to travel by plane?
I've only traveled by plane once, so I don't have much experience to base my opinion on... but yeah, sure.

Right-handed or Left-handed?
Right.

If you could go to any place right now where would you go?
The U.K.

Are you missing someone?
A few, yeah.

Do you have a tattoo?
No.

Do you still watch cartoons on Saturday mornings?
I never watched Saturday morning cartoons in the first place.

Are you hiding something from someone?
No.

Are you 18?
I'll be 23 in June.

What do you do before you go to bed?
Get off my computer.

Who do you like and Why?
I'm currently single and don't have any crushes.

Longest relationship you’ve ever been in, and why did it end?
1 year 6 months. He got too clingy for my taste and it became stressful trying to deal with it. It was for the best.

Have you ever changed for someone, if yes, how?
No

Pretend I’m you ex, what do you want to say to me?
I have nothing to say to any of my exes.

Have you ever been cheated on?
No

Have you ever cheated?
Hell no!

Would you date someone who’s known for cheating, if yes why?
Most likely, no.

What’s the most important part of a relationship?
Friendship and Respect.

Do you like to be in serious relationships or just flings?
Serious relationships

When you are dating someone do you believe in going on “breaks”?
Obviously if you need to go on a "break," then it's not working out for the two of you. Just save yourself time and trouble by just ending it when you don't think its working.

How many people have you ever hooked up with?
What do you mean by "hooked up"?

What’s one thing you regret saying or not saying, doing or not doing in a previous relationship?
Nothing.

What age do you think is appropriate for kids to start having sex?
After high school. But I'm someone whose waiting until after marriage, so...

Do you believe in the phrase, “Age is just a number?” Why or why not?
Hmm... in some cases, I guess.

What about “Love at first sight”? Why or why not?
I don't know anymore.

Turn on’s?
Blue eyes, British accents...

Turn off’s?
Cockiness, Rude, Drugs and Smoking

What do you consider a deal breaker?
If you give me a bad vibe when you're around. If I don't like the feeling I get when I see you, then why would I ever want to be with you in an intimate relationship?

How do you know it’s time to end a relationship?
I've only been the dumper once... and it was because things weren't working for us.

Are you currently in a relationship? If yes, for how long? If no, how long have you been single?
I'm currently single. Not counting the week long relationship I was in (yeah... that's a story in itself; he broke up with me)... I've been single for over 5 years now or something like that.

Do you think people who have dated can stay friends?
Eh... I haven't seen it happen personally. At least not long-term friendship anyway.

Do you think people should date their friends?
Definitely. The more you know about a person and their quirks, the better. I've done the dating a person before I even established a friendship with them... and well... obviously that didn't work too well.

How many relationships have you had?

Do you think love can last forever?
If the relationship is strong enough for that long period of time, then yes.

Do you believe love can conquer all things?
Maybe

Would you break up with someone your parents didn’t approve of?
Depends on why they disapproved of him.

If you could go back in time and give yourself one piece of advice about dating what would it be?
I don't need to give myself any advice because I learned fairly quickly what my mistakes in dating was.

Do you think long distance relationships can work? Why or why not?
I don't know!

What do you notice first about another person?
Already answered this...

Do gay, lesbians, bisexuals or transgender people bother you?
Haha... no!

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:14 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 871 872 873 874 875 876 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games