Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:21 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 2:

{First Check: Shinjo Gemmei gains a Free Raise for her final roll!}
{Second Check: Shinjo Gemmei gains a Free Raise for her final roll!}
{Third Check: Shinjo Gemmei gains a Free Raise for her final roll!}

Shinjo Gemmei would smile, placing her tea cup down to rest on the table. "An interesting tale, from an interesting man. I would love to hear more about such tales, but I fear our round is coming to an end. We likely have time for one more cup, however."

Once cups were filled, unless Seichiro had anything to say, Gemmei would enjoy the final cup in serene silence.

{Void/Tea Ceremony roll of 4+15 = 19}

If it wasn't for free raises, Gemmei came THIS || close to spilling tea all over the place.  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 5, 8 Total: 21 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:28 pm
"Gemmei-san, if you wish, we could continue our conversation after the competition, if you'd like." And with that, he joined her in their final cup of tea.

[[Tea Ceremony 3k2=16]]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:34 pm
@ Crab Tent, Pre-competition:

1 void point spent as per MSN discussion

Kagae would succeed at drawing up some rather impressive plans! Short in the labor department, however, he would turn to the magistrates for help. However... they had no tent. They were using an actual cabin, not too terribly far away from where all the other tents were located. It actually wasn't hard to find out which one, either. The daidoji guards aside, the Shosuro-shaped patch in the paper wall was rather indicative of their location.

"Halt!" one of the Daidoji guards said as Kagae approached, as if he couldn't see them. "Please, noble Kaiu, return to the Clan tent area. This area is off limits."

Looks like you'll have to do some fancy talking to get through! Courtier rolls would be required to proceed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:41 pm
@ Ceremony Competition, Round 2:

The servants would come to collect the two samurai, sliding open the paneled paper door. Gemmei would smile to the Lion, standing before him. "It was an honor and a pleasure, Seichiro-san. I have no doubts our paths will cross again before this tournament has completed. May the fortunes guide you in the rest of your journey."

After her farewell, Shinjo Gemmei would leave, as another servant, a young boy, would lead Seichiro to an empty room.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:45 pm
He smiled, and bowed at her, then let the young boy lead him to the empty room, where he would take initiative in heating the teakettle.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:49 pm
"Ummm... If I am not allowed to enter... Can you ask Kita-sama if I am allowed a hearing? This should not take long..." Mumbled Kagae without much confidence in himself as he shuffled with scroll tube in hand. Doubting this would work Kagae took a deep breath and shout, "Kita-sama! May I speak with you a moment!? I have a favour to ask! It's Kaiu Kagae!"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:56 pm
@ Crab Pre-Competition Shenanigans:

"I apologize, but the magistrates gave us orders that they are not to be disturbed by any of the competitors of the tournament, until it is ov-

The two guards would lower their yari spears at Kagae when he began to shout. "Be silent, at once! We will take you into custody if you do not comply!"

The TN to the courtier roll is increased by +5.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:01 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 3:

Seichiro would wait for about a minute, before the door would slide open, and a servant there would bow. Through the door came an older man with thinning hair, walking somewhat casually into the room. It was Kan!

"Thank you, Rikyu. I will be fine from here," he told the servant, who bowed again and slowly slid the door shut. Turning to Seichiro, he would bow deeply to the samurai. "Seichiro-san, I am honored for this opportunity to share tea with you. Even moreso, to have you here to have tea with me." He would not stand until addressed, and not sit until welcomed to do so.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Seichiro quickly stumbled up to a stand, a face of surprise greeting Kan. "Kan!" He exclaimed, then bowed deeply to Kan in return. "I was JUST with Shinjo Gemmei, who said you spoke of me on her Ceremony with her. Please, sit! I took the liberty of heating up the water, I hope you do not mind." He would gesture Kan to sit across from him, then he sat down.  
Mongooseh rolled 6 10-sided dice: 3, 2, 10, 2, 8, 4 Total: 29 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:21 pm
"Just go ask Doji Kita for me will you? I only ask for a maximum of ten minutes which shouldn't eat into the Magistrates busy schedule." Pleaded Kagae as he eyed their weapons with slight interest as he wondered why they used the Yari.

(6k3 Perception/Craft: Weapon smithing. I'll keep a 3 for my 10 25 vs tn?)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Agent Sinistra rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 10, 2, 10, 8 Total: 46 (6-60)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:08 pm
@ Shogi Competition:
Rain Yupa
As Kyumi sat down, she found that she'd have to work hard to meet with Kenichi in this competition; they were kind of far apart, and if one lost, it'd make it even harder. Though, someone showed up who wouldn't mind filling the void.

"Greetings, fair Kitsu maiden!" Ide Jiro said, taking the seat opposite of the young shugenja. "I don't believe I've had the pleasure yet! I'm Ide Jiro of the Unicorn, and you're that famous shugenja girl who won two nights ago!"

He would gesture to the board, and smile pleasantly to Kyumi. "Lady's pick. Black or white, my dear?"

For a brief second, it looked as though she had noticed something out of the corner of her eye. Something that evidently didn't please her. However, she quickly covered that up with a friendly smile, and looked back to Jiro and the board in front of them.

"I am Kitsu Kyumi of the Lion." While she wouldn't openly admit it, the fact that he had paid her a compliment made her a bit more friendly than she might have been otherwise. "Thank you. I'll take White then."

((Rolling perception to see if Kyumi notices anything that's left of Jiro's beating from earlier. 3k3 = 28 ))  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:11 pm
@ Crab Shenanigans:

The other guard would tighten his grip on his yari. "We are following orders, and yours aren't orders we must follow. We'll only repeat this one last time. Please vacate the area, or else!"

Its not unusual for them to weild Yari, due to the defensive nature of the weapon. Spears act as a fine defensive armament, giving the wielder better reach, and protection against mounted opponents.

They're still waiting for that Courtier roll!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:27 pm
"Or else you'll run me down with that Yari? That won't sit too well with the rest of them will it? Killing an unarmed craftsman! For shame..." At this point Kagae was just plain annoyed by them being stubborn and was merely seeing how far he could go without being chased out of here before Doji Kita showed up.

"Of course arresting me is an option but still not much of a catch is it?"

(go go gadget 1k1 courtier roll!)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:28 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Oh, yes, there was signs. A bruised chin, bandages around his ribs visible through his kimono, even the way he walked as he approached.

He would bow his head, before lifting with a mischievous smirk. "If I did my homework correctly, you also competed in the Go competition. Unfortunately, my experiences in games is limited to just Go, so I fear I may be at your mercy. As much as I want to advise you that your apparent qualities would serve you better as an artist's model or a famed actress of great reknown, deep down, after how you've dispatched the scorpion woman and knowing of your tactical prowess, I fear you may be some cunning military commander in disguise, and I think I should probably be fearing for my life right now."

{Untrained Deceit (Seduction) roll of 24, with a Free Raise to make it seem light-hearted and humorous instead of blatant that he's coming on to you}

And with that, and a wink, he would begin with the first moves.

{Untrained Shogi roll + one raise for 20 vs TN 10, 1 banked raise}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:48 pm
@ Crab Shenanigans:

The Daidoji seem less than interested in Kagae's attempts to goad or taunt them, but they did continue to approach him.

"Okay, what's going on out here?"

Seppun Benjiro would slide open the door to the building, stepping out onto the porch, before turning and seeing Kagae standing there, unmoving, with guards about to apprehend him.

"Kaiu Kagae, as much as I appreciate your impromptu visit, we are busy trying to plan for the competitions later today. Whatever reason you have for being here and disobeying the requests of the Daidoji hosts whose stronghold you currently inhabit, can't it wait until later?"  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games