Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:44 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
But, in all seriousness, plan away.

I have a theory which Revenge needs Ruin's input on. It depends partially if the sword-devil-fighty ritual is Divine or Arcane.

In 3.X, Plane Shift was both Divine and Arcane, so I can see it going either way. No matter the answer, the plan is still possible, but it's just more likely to succeed if it's one over the other.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:36 pm
I would say it is close to, or inspired by, the Dream Concordance ritual which is both Arcane and Divine (no check needed).

I would go into detail why I think that, but I will let this handy link speak for me.

But, in character knowledge vs player guessing...  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:42 pm
Seems legit.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:33 am
Kow, I know you don't like giving away character info. So, only answer if you want to. It won't change anything, I am just curious is all

Did the ritual girl have the Ritual Caster membership card, or was she just put in charge of the reagents and other ritual related items?

The more I think on it the more I think the second was the case. And she was just a naive girl in an hard spot.

Which would make me feel bad that I didn't think of that before. sweatdrop  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:18 am
I took it that she was more of a shopkeep/clerk than a caster. She happens to have the ritual we need to navigate to the Lightlost but now we can't get it. There is only one other likely source of that ritual so if it means doing something shady for the sake of helping people, Sehanine's teachings encourage me to pursue my plan.

And yes, it is flawed. Mainly because it requires Ruin to roll above a 5. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:16 pm
If his book has the ritual in question. How do you plan to get the components and idol thing? Alabaster ordered his men to get the components for the mind juju ritual. I doubt he would have what is needed for a Spirit Idol ritual. Without them the ritual book is just a cook book. I am sure Kouri could copy the rituals from it, if she wanted to. But, that is about as how far as we would get.

Also, a 5 in what? My thieving skill is a 2...

I hate to poke holes in to your plan, as the mind juju ritual could be a way to clear the demi's infection. I just don't see how we get to the goal.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:19 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
If his book has the ritual in question. How do you plan to get the components and idol thing? Alabaster ordered his men to get the components for the mind juju ritual. I doubt he would have what is needed for a Spirit Idol ritual. Without them the ritual book is just a cook book.

I've planned for this. One step at a time.

Quote:
Also, a 5 in what? My thieving skill is a 2...

Above a natural 5 on a d20 roll. Beyond that last Arcane roll and maybe one other, I believe all your rolls have had natural 1-5 as the result since we got into this fort sweatdrop

Quote:
I hate to poke holes in to your plan, as the mind juju ritual could be a way to clear the demi's infection. I just don't see how we get to the goal.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Kuori needed the soul transplant ritual to use her brother's soul to guide the party to where the Lightlost were taken. Revenge's point was that if the mage has 1 divine ritual that the fort has in stock, then it's probable he has another. If we can copy the soul transplant ritual out of the mage's book, then Kuori can cast it and we didn't go all the way to recover her brother's body for nothing AND we can proceed with the plot.

Quote:
"We are looking to cast Spirit Idol ma'am. On my brother. It will help him serve as a navigator for us in the Underdark and, with any luck I can become powerful enough to raise him while I am down there and it will make sure his corpse remains able to hold his soul." She smiles nervously, feeling slightly crazy now that she has said it out loud.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:01 pm
I was referring to those affected by Arian transformation magic; Abby, Petra, Illiya, Ying and her sister. Kouri's sister and those that made up Act 1 and 2.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:41 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
I was referring to those affected by Arian transformation magic; Abby, Petra, Illiya, Ying and her sister. Kouri's sister and those that made up Act 1 and 2.

Yes, but why? I don't see why that's relevant for the Spirit Idol ritual with Kuori's brother. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:06 am
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox

Yes, but why? I don't see why that's relevant for the Spirit Idol ritual with Kuori's brother. neutral

It's not. Just random forethoughts... If they did get one, might as well get both. Kind of thinking. Though, in that frame of thought might as well copy the whole book or at least the rituals Kouri could cast.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:26 am
Oh, Revenge wouldn't do let her do that. Copy the spirit idol ritual, then he'll return the book. He's an unaligned paladin trying to make things right, NOT an unscrupulous rogue trying to steal for the sake of stealing.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:21 pm
I killed it! crying  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:47 pm
I'm swinging by to let you know I probably won't be able to post until Sunday. Things are busy. Won't even be able to follow through with my plans for ITTD either. I'll post as quickly as I am able to.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:04 pm
Okay, I'm actually at a loss. All the work up to this point was to rescue Gotham and perform that ritual so his spirit could guide us to where people were taken as slaves. As far as I can tell, the DM has blocked all avenues to reaching the very goal of this plot, and no one seems to be making any effort to figure a way around this hurdle and I am out of ideas (outside of "wandering around aimlessly in the Underdark" which is less of an 'idea' and more 'suicide').

Mission over, we lost? Pack up and go home? I am legit coming up empty on what we can even do at this point.

I can post that Revenge was never told to leave (as he was knocked out of the building by defending Kuori before that point), but since every NPC is immune to all charisma-based checks, I don't see how that will even accomplish anything so I'm hesitant to even make the effort.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games