Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:54 pm
"...Not really Benjiro-sama I needed to... Talk to Kita-sama seeing if she could lend... Or even rent me some of her servants for today for a little... Project I am concocting to keep myself... Busy until the shogi competition later. If you wish to hand Kita-sama the schematics to see if she approves of my little... Escapade then take them because if I cannot... Obtain what I need now it will have gone to waste." Kagaes tone had shifted, he became more formal and started choosing his words carefully but he stood there with the scroll case outstretched if Benjiro wished to take it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:00 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 3:

Kan would lift his head, and wave a hand dismissively. "It's been, what, mere hours since you've seen me? Calm yourself, Seichiro-san, before you embarrass us both." Kan would laugh softly, and sit.

"I apologize if me speaking of you with Gemmei-san troubled you at all, Seichiro-san. I assure you, anything I said of you and Kyumi-san was in the most positive light. Although..." he started to say as he trailed off, looking down into his empty cup thoughtfully.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:06 pm
"Oh no, Kan-san! She was actually excited to meet me, so whatever you said to her, I thank you for it." Seichiro made sure the water was hot, and would grab the teakettle from it's handle. "Would you fancy some tea, Kan-san?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:17 pm

"... Hm? Oh! Pardon me, yes, tea please, that would be wonderful." He would smile, despite being distant. "If Gemmei-san was excited to meet you, then you are mistaken." Kan would say, almost bluntly.

But then, he would explain himself. "If she had that impression, then you have no one to thank but yourself, Seichiro-san. It is you who gave yourself your own reputation. I simply shared with her what I have observed."

He would smile politely, before partaking of his tea.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:20 pm
@ Crab Shenanigans:

Benjiro would pause for a few moments, before sighing audibly. "It's fine. Guards, stand down." The two Daidoji would step back and lift their Yari so they were pointing skyward. Benjiro himself would approach Kagae, and place his hand on the scroll case.

"We're very busy. I will give this to her, but I do not know when she will have the time to look at it."

Assuming Kagae would have no reservations against this, Benjiro would take the scroll case and disappear back inside, the door closing behind him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:23 pm
"Thank you very much Benjiro-sama!" Thanked Kagae and quickly bowed, when he was gone Kagae would return to the Crab tent to wait for the response returning to his previous occupation of tea making. Maybe soon Kagae will become the Tea brewing master!  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:25 pm
"But I haven't done much since I got here, Kan-san, only compete like any other samurai." It was then he noticed how distant he was. "Kan-san, is something bothering you? Forgive me if I'm being nosy."  
Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 6, 10, 7, 5, 6 Total: 39 (7-70)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:39 pm
"Not if we keep this pace," Denbe replied jovially, with a challenging glimmer in his eye, managing to stay neck to neck with ease, even in all the mud. "What say we make it a bit of a challenge for ourselves?"

Shooting him a pointed grin, Denbe leaned forward and shot mud out behind himself, pulling ahead of the dragon- for the moment, at least.

[3 Raises to take the lead.]
[7k4+3 Athletics(Running): 34 vs TN 30]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:40 pm
[Denbe's Explosive Feet Again: 2]  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:36 am
@ Athletics Competition, 100m Race:

Kakita Zanzen shows Kaori his 'Kakita Charm' as he stumbles and nearly faceplants, but recovers at the last second; however, it has cost him his position in the running!

Bayushi Kojiro would call out to Kaori, seeing her struggling, as he continued to put more and more distance on her. How would she react to it?

Yoritomo Hisashi would realize his predicament, and call upon all his reserves to begin closing the distance! Adamant in the face of adversity, Hisashi began to show everyone what he was made of as he began to accelerate, pushing past the back ranks of the group!

As if going so supremely fast wasn't going to cut it, Denbe put on his Hare Hood and began to zip across the group, almost winking out of existence!

Sozen tries to keep up, but Denbe was kicking up so much mud, he was faced to cover his face with his arms to avoid being blinded, and his pace was shot! {21 vs TN 30}

Kuni Kaori was thrown off balance by two things. As Kojiro looked over his shoulder, Kaori's reaction was almost that of embarrassment or horror at what he just said, to the point where she wasn't paying attention as she almost tripped over the tripping Zanzen, almost clusterf**king the whole back side of the race! Luckily, Hisashi track-and-fielded over the stumbling duo and passed them. {13 vs TN 20}

Isawa Sosuke didn't believe in unnecessary risks, and continued to plod along happily. {27 vs TN 15.}

Yoritomo Susumu would look beside him, glaring at Sayoko as she kept pace with him. "Get off my back, you crazy b***h!" he would yell at her, as he attempted to both escape her and capitalize on the Dragon's failing! {30 vs TN 25}

Horiuchi Sayoko didn't care what Susumu said about her, she was simply focused on her goal, and not being shown up by anyone. She let Susumu pass her, since the goal was in sight. There was no way anyone could beat the Hare, so there was no point in trying to anymore. {22 vs TN 20}

ATHLETICS, 50m-75m

Group 1 (the lead!)
Ujina Denbe

Group 2

Group 3

Group 4
Yoritomo Susumu

Group 5
Mirumoto Sozen
Horiuchi Sayoko

Group 6
Bayushi Kojiro

Group 7
Yoritomo Hisashi

Group 8
Isawa Sosuke

Group 9
Kuni Kaori
Kakita Zanzen

Everyone, give me your rolls for the final quarter of the race!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:49 am

Kan would blink a few times, and rub the back of his head. "That obvious, eh?" He went to lift his tea cup to drink from it, but he would hesitate.

"I just came from a ceremony with Isawa Toyoko. It was..." He would turn his gaze away to the side for a moment, before returning it. "It was alarming for me, I suppose. Her dedication to another is commendable, but I fear reason has left the poor girl."  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 1, 10, 7, 8, 8 Total: 36 (6-60)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:04 am
@The Athletics Competition

Kojiro's heart slumped as he looked back at the near mess. He hadn't meant to disrupt the shugenja's focus like that or embarrass her. It was just that those Crabs ran so FAST. Kojiro would have to make it up to Kaori some how. The Scorpion had ideas, but wasn't sure if he had any good ideas.

Kojiro just hung his head low and plodded towards the finish line. He was going to pay for this.

OOC
Agility/Athletics
2 dice added
No Raise
Results: 27  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Agent Sinistra rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 5 Total: 12 (3-30)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:21 am
@ Shogi Competition

As perceptive as Kyumi might be, there were certain things that tended to escape her notice. While she would blush a little at his flattery, the fact that he was trying to overtly flirt with her managed to escape her notice. However, his injuries did not.

Her eyes would take in the sight of his injuries. She was curious as to exactly what the man had done to get such a beating, although she was fairly certain that outright asking about it might be a bit too much.

"Don't worry, Ide-san. It's only your pieces I'll be trying to capture for now." She would joke in return before lowering her voice."Ide-san, are you feeling all right?" She would ask, as she moved her first piece forward onto the board.

From elsewhere in the room, Kyumi could hear what sounded like an amused laugh. She would glance at Jiro, and then at the other samurai. When she saw that none of the others were responding, it dawned on her that perhaps she might be the only one who could hear it.

"Only the pieces, hm~? And here I'd hoped that I'd taught you to be more ambitious." A disembodied voice teasingly scolded Kyumi before its owner finally showed herself. Dressed in an outfit that had not be in fashion for close to a century, the spirit had draped herself over the Unicorn emissary; her arms were loosely wrapped around his neck and shoulders.

Kyumi would almost immediately look away, her face almost a glowing bright red. The spirit would let out a peel of laughter at that. "I'm not distracting you, am I?" Kyumi would avert her gaze, instead attempting to make it look as though she was far more interested in the game.

((Rolling Awareness, 3k3 + 1 raise; x vs TN 10(?), banking the raise ))  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:38 am
@ Shogi Competition, Kyumi's Table:

Ide Jiro has 1 banked raise.
Kitsu Kyumi has 1 banked raise.

"Hm? Oh, that!" Jiro would suddenly speak up, reaching up to scratch his cheek. "Just a disagreement between a magistrate and I. It was simply a misunderstanding, which has been resolved," he would explain, being rather vague about the details. {Modified 22 Etiquette to be roundabout, with his Free Raise to make it sound extra misunderstandedly}

Jiro would take his next turn, maneuvering his pieces and avoiding any direct confrontation for the moment. {1 raise declared, 10 vs TN 10; free raise banked.} "A lovely girl like you, only after my pieces? I'll believe it when I see it," he said, winking at her. {Untrained Deceit (Seduction) roll of 19, with a Free Raise to make it seem light-hearted and humorous instead of blatant that he's coming on to you}

Though, seeing the sudden change in her demeanor, he would ask, "I'm not distracting you, am I?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 3, 3, 8 Total: 23 (4-40)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:49 am
@The Athletics Competition

After his tripping and nearly getting fallen on by the crab, he frowned, looking ahead. "I do believe that this is getting annoying. It's the last one that's out, so Kuni-san, how about we ignore the others and see which of us is through?"

Saying this, he continued pace, trying to get distance.

4k3, 1 raise, tn 20

20 vs 20  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games