Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:24 pm
Rain Yupa
Okay, I'm actually at a loss. All the work up to this point was to rescue Gotham and perform that ritual so his spirit could guide us to where people were taken as slaves. As far as I can tell, the DM has blocked all avenues to reaching the very goal of this plot, and no one seems to be making any effort to figure a way around this hurdle and I am out of ideas (outside of "wandering around aimlessly in the Underdark" which is less of an 'idea' and more 'suicide').

Mission over, we lost? Pack up and go home? I am legit coming up empty on what we can even do at this point.

I can post that Revenge was never told to leave (as he was knocked out of the building by defending Kuori before that point), but since every NPC is immune to all charisma-based checks, I don't see how that will even accomplish anything so I'm hesitant to even make the effort.

Personally, I was thinking the same thing. I had to rewrote my last post more than a few times, as everything felt wrong. It has been that way for a bit...

So, I just started going along with the flow.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:01 pm
Okay, the whole spirit idol ritual thing was never part of the plot, it was something extra that Kuori wanted so I added it in; it is entirely unnecessary to the main story. Kuori knows how to get back to her village and she even just got updated information from her surviving younger brother. The whole point of getting Gotham's body was so Kuori didn't have a family member left rotting in the sun being scavenged by crawlers. He isn't needed for directions, since Kuori already has them. There isn't nothing for the party to do--they can start traveling to the Light Lost village right away.

If you look at the Spirit Idol ritual, it would allow you to ask Gotham's spirit one question a day. You wouldn't be having conversations with him. In addition, he only knows what he knew in life and since he died during the battle he would have no idea where the retreating Underdark army took their slaves. He doesn't even know what happened to the Light Lost village either because, as Kuori's younger brother already stated, they were captured while out on a hunting trip.

I'm not sure how this got conflated to being essential to the campaign. It was something optional, just like retrieving Gotham's body was in the first place, and players' choices and actions have now made it to where it really isn't an option any more.

NPCs aren't immune to checks. Just a few posts ago Ruin was able to talk down Alabaster with a successful diplomacy check. However, people have been making checks that are really hard to be successful at, like, trying to intimidate 6 of the most battle hardened fighter in this fort. Also, you can't just say whatever you want and then roll a diplomacy check and expect the words to have no consequences. Case in point, calling someone an idiot while asking them to do something for you isn't going to make for a successful diplomacy check, even if you roll the dice.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:46 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Went to post yesterday, but you had rolled when I got here. I didn't post because I thought you may have been working on one... but a day's gone by. Just a FYI that I'll be working of my own. It will be after I get back from the movies (leaving in about 10 minutes). If you want me to wait, you have until then to let me know (about 10pm PST).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:03 pm
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox

Went to post yesterday, but you had rolled when I got here. I didn't post because I thought you may have been working on one... but a day's gone by. Just a FYI that I'll be working of my own. It will be after I get back from the movies (leaving in about 10 minutes). If you want me to wait, you have until then to let me know (about 10pm PST).

Post away.

I want Ruin to be open to all sorts of ideas. My original post felt more complainy, mostly because as a player I felt nothing I could post would work. Kow's post corrected that, and I changed my post to hopefully be more helpful to you.

Sorry for any confusion... I didn't know Ruin knew that spell. xp  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:22 pm
Ehhh... didn't get home til almost 11, due to stopping to get food and eat said food. Too tired to coherence, brain is full of Brightburn, will try again tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:43 am
Action point questions... Asking for a friend ninja Who is me. sweatdrop

Did we pass a milestone, before the mosh pit in the medical ward? And did that count towards gaining a new Action point?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:57 am
Yes, you have a new action point  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:07 pm
Reading through Dragon Magazines 425 and I have found rules on Disarm, Sunder, Trip, and Overrun. If Kow allows them... Hay, options for our Stronger people.

Quote:

Disarm
At-Will
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength or Dexterity vs. Fortitude or Reflex (target’s choice)
Hit: The target drops one item it is holding (your choice).
Miss: You provoke an opportunity attack from the target.

Sunder
At-Will Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One item that is not an artifact that a creature is holding or wearing
Attack: Strength vs. Reflex
Hit: Choose one of the following effects.
Weapon or Implement: A creature takes a cumulative –1 penalty to attack rolls using the weapon or implement until the end of the encounter. On a critical hit, the penalty equals 1d4 + 1. If the penalty equals –5 – the item’s enhancement bonus, or worse, the item is destroyed.
Armor: A creature takes a cumulative –1 penalty to AC until the end of the encounter. On a critical hit, the penalty equals 1d4 + 1. If the penalty equals –5 – the item’s enhancement bonus, or worse, the item is destroyed.
Other Items: The DM determines the effect. For instance, a potion bottle might shatter.
Miss: You provoke an opportunity attack from the creature holding the target.

Trip
At-Will
Standard Action Melee 1
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength or Dexterity vs. Fortitude or Reflex (target’s choice)
Hit: The target falls prone.
Miss: You provoke an opportunity attack from the target.

Overrun
At-Will
Standard Action
Personal effect: Move up to your speed. Each square you enter must be farther from where you started this movement. During this movement, you can use the following secondary power.
Secondary Power
Free Action Melee 1
Trigger: You enter a square adjacent to an enemy, and you have enough speed remaining to move through the enemy’s space without ending there.
Target: The enemy you moved adjacent to
Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: You can move through the target’s space, but you can’t end there. Your movement doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks from the target until the end of your current turn.
Miss: Your movement ends, and you provoke an opportunity attack from the target.

They also had feats, tied to each I can post them as well if any one is curious.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:21 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
"Feel free to follow us, I guess." He spoke before following the paladin he wanted to strangle.

What kind of paladin would I be if I let us get bullied?!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:42 pm
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox
"Feel free to follow us, I guess." He spoke before following the paladin he wanted to strangle.

I don't view it as being bullied. I veiwed it as "Hay those are the guys who threatened and assaulted our CO." "They are acting weird... And I believe they were told to leave." "Yeah, you tell them. I only have two more days then I march home, and I don't want to be hit."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:02 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox

I don't view it as being bullied. I veiwed it as "Hay those are the guys who threatened and assaulted our CO." "They are acting weird... And I believe they were told to leave." "Yeah, you tell them. I only have two more days then I march home, and I don't want to be hit."

A group of armed individuals surround us and insinuate that if we don't do what they say they will hurt us.

Seems like bullying to me! As Revenge said, a single person would have been better received.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:56 pm
Rain Yupa
Southern Cross Nemesis
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox

A group of armed individuals surround us and insinuate that if we don't do what they say they will hurt us.

Seems like bullying to me! As Revenge said, a single person would have been better received.
In modern scenes more than one police officer will respond to a possibly hostile situation and because it is a fort. I am not seeing a group vs two as an issue. Being we are in a world where feeble old men can throw down an Ice Strom in the blink of an eye. And Given we have shown to them that we are prone to side with aggressive tendencies. Save for Valac, who was only responding(peacefully, despite show a petition for danger) to their response of Kouri's response to words

And there is two of us, we are armed and armored, and they have no clue how powerful we are as individuals. I don't blame them.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:04 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
In modern scenes more than one police officer will respond to a possibly hostile situation and because it is a fort. I am not seeing a group vs two as an issue. Being we are in a world where feeble old men can throw down an Ice Strom in the blink of an eye. And Given we have shown to them that we are prone to side with aggressive tendencies. Save for Valac, who was only responding(peacefully, despite show a petition for danger) to their response of Kouri's response to words

And there is two of us, we are armed and armored, and they have no clue how powerful we are as individuals. I don't blame them.

As a paladin-hater, I don't blame them either! If I were any other class my reaction would have probably been different. But my characters are the ones who write my posts, not me. sweatdrop

With how powerful the DM tends to make... well... everyone (case in point, since I'm down 1/3 my hit points from one apparently non-critical blow from a run-of-the-mill soldier), I think 6-on-2 was overkill, so that was Revenge responding in kind. Especially when there is likely tons of backup within shouting distance if we DID decide to suddenly lash out.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:21 pm
Rain Yupa
Southern Cross Nemesis

As a paladin-hater, I don't blame them either! If I were any other class my reaction would have probably been different. But my characters are the ones who write my posts, not me. sweatdrop

Ruin is on the Shadow Court side, and they are his primary thoughts. Beyond that he was asked by his student to joining you. At the moment he can only see the party as people he needs to protect because they will protect him, as everyone adventures into the great unknown.

So far, save for one time evolving a vomited Ruin, he has not seen eye to eye with the party.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:55 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
So far, save for one time evolving a vomited Ruin, he has not seen eye to eye with the party.

Because of his height?  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games