Submit

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:59 am
R'lan regarded Verenna curiously. "Twenty-six. Not nearly old enough as it's been quite a few decades since the last pass." R'lan finished off his tubers as Rune chirped his welcome to the newcomer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:03 pm
Even Matt regarded Verenna curiously. She frowned briefly, then chuckled with embaressment. "Sorry. I've been reading Moreta's Ride too much lately," she hastely explained. "My imagination is very active, you see, so it was quite easy for me to imagine riders fighting Thread at age 19. I guess next time Baneth says to put the book down, I should listen to her, huh?"  

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:15 pm
R'lan smiled. "I tend to want to fix things like threadfall after reading Moreta's Ride." He sipped his klah and stared off thoughtfully for a moment before glancing over at Verenna and smiled, his eyes twinkling.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:57 am
Verenna mentally beat herself up for making that mistake...again. That was the third time that week that she had confused times. But she wasn't yet so lost in her mental embaressment as to miss the change in R'lan's eyes. Were they...sparkling? Interesting. "What?" she asked innocently, absently stroking Matt's eye ridges.  

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:52 am
"It's been awhile since I had a good conversation. Thank you," R'lan commented. He drained his cup of klah and regarded the bottom of the cup almost sadly before deciding to refill it. R'lan absently considered the fact that he ought to stake out a weyr for him and Ellorth.

I can wait. You're having a nice conversation. Besides, the sun feels really nice today.

R'lan chuckled. I'm sure it would as long as I talk to someone.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:06 am
"Oh." Verenna knew an attempt to end the conversation when she heard one. It saddened her. R'lan was an interesting dragonrider- not at all scary. And he seemed sad, somehow, or maybe he was just a loner by nature. "You're very welcome. Any time." She finished up her food and, too, stared into her empty klah glass with a wistful gaze. But it wasn't worth refilling. With a soft sigh, she set it on the table. It's only a matter of time before he gets up and leaves, she thought sadly to herself. Myvonne picked up her mood and crooned softly.  

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:45 pm
"Thank you. It's good to have a reason for staying around. I left Fort Weyr for the lack of any reason to stay and Ierne needed such as I." R'lan took another drink of klah. "Any idea as to where a decent weyr would be for me and Ellorth?"

Oh, is she going to help then? I wouldn't mind looking for one now. I can sun later. Ellorth interjected.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:15 am
Verenna shrugged vaguely. "High in the cliffs would be my preference, but I'm not you. How many cliffs are there on an island, anyway?" She chuckled, a dark edge to the sound. Remorse. "You don't have one yet?" She asked, knowing even as it slipped out that R'lan might take it the wrong way. "Ellorth, isn't it? He hasn't wanted one badly enough to convince you to look for one before now?"

In the back of her mind, she could sense Baneth stirring, awakening.  

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:51 pm
((I hate to interrupt such an interesting trade of words, but I think I should mention that boths Passes and Intervals are 100 Turns, and the next Pass is going to begin in the next ten Turns or less; it's not certain, since after the AIVAS incident, the Star Stones were not an accurate way to predict Threadfall. By the way, this is greenrider_calidar, with a new name.))  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:50 pm
((Yeah, I noticed that and jc-jade decided that Verenna had gotten confused because she had been reading too much.))

"Oh, I arrived today and Ellorth likes me to be more social so he didn't want to interrupt our conversation." R'lan drained his cup of klah again before standing. He bowed slightly. "I should probably find a weyr. Talk to me anytime you wish. I'm a better listener than a talker though."
Rune chirruped and hopped onto R'lan's shoulder.

I can wait. It's not really a problem. Ellorth protested.

We should get a weyr sometime, Ellorth. Besides, I had a nice conversation.

Well, I suppose. I do want a nice, cool weyr all my own.  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:18 pm
((Yup. I haven't been around much, so Verenna's oddities haven't been exposed to many RPers yet. I had to find some way to make her interesting.))

"Well, it was nice meeting you," Verenna managed to say. "Hope you like it here." She smiled a bit, and stood, mirroring the bow in her own way. She thought for a fraction of a second before adding, "Once you find your weyr, you wouldn't mind if I dropped in, would you? Ellorth seems very interesting, from what I've heard. I'd love to meet him, and I suspect Baneth may as well."

Matt and Myvonne brightly chirped their goodbyes (though for firelizards that didn't mean much. They were far too social creatures to be saying goodbye as the humans did).  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:10 am
"Not at all. I'm sure I'd enjoy the visit and meeting Baneth," R'lan replied with a smile. He started to turn but glanced back. "Oh, and I already like it here." His eyes sparkled and he turned and left. Rune chirupped and farewell to Verenna, Myvonne, and Matt as R'lan walked away.

I like her. I can't wait for their visit.

R'lan chuckled. Let's get the weyr first.

Okay, I'll meet you outside.  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:15 pm
Verenna smiled softly. He was interesting, she supposed. Baneth would demand a visit to their weyr, once she heard of what Verenna had been doing during the Green's nap. Ellorth was bound to be interesting as well. He'd have to be, living with R'lan.

Looking around at the messhall, she realized that there was still some time left. Clearing her place at the table, she was off, mind already preoccupied by other things.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:50 pm
Cherished Strawberries
F'lin smiled at Kes's statement that dragons were always right. Garinth said the same thing. Then he frowned.

"There are new bronzes?" he asked, not really expecting Kes to clarify. He was just surprised that Garinth hadn't warned him. Normally, the brown was very good about keeping his rider informed about transfers.

You would have figured it out sooner or later, F'lin. The brown's voice was chiding. They are R'lan on Ellorth and D'ran on Voliath. My hide itches. He added the last almost as an afterthought, but inwardly, he was pleased that he had inserted the statement so deftly.

I'll go get some oil from our weyr, then. I'm sorry, Garinth. I hadn't thought I'd been neglecting you.

You never neglect me. The storerooms are closer. And we are nearly out of the oil in our weyr.

"Garinth says he has an itch," F'lin said apologetically to Kes, suppressing a slight frown; he had been sure that he had oiled Garinth only yesterday, and they had more than enough oil. "I'm going to get some oil from the storeroom. I'll be right back."

He spared a glance for Garinth before he took off for the storeroom at a slow jog. Garinth watched him go with mixed feelings: he felt bad for deceiving his friend, but he also wanted F'lin's feelings out in the open. He turned back to Wreth.

Yes, it needs to be settled.

Kes nodded. "Oh, okay. I guess our dragons do come first. I'll see you later then, I guess." She flashed him a bright smile and watched him leave.

Wreth had her own ideas. Kes, I itch. Please come do something about it.

Kes shook her head. "Sorry, now Wreth itches, I've got to go." Especially since she'd used the last of her oil on the gold the day before. Now she'd have to go to the storeroom and get more.

As she noticed her rider leave Wreth gave a draconic chuckle. Now she's heading for the storeroom as well. The plan is going perfectly. Are you ready for the next part Garinth?  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:19 pm
Minoa stopped a short distance from the weyrleaders and waited politely.  
Ierne Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff