53%
 53%  [ 421 ]
Other (feel free to elaborate)
15%
 15%  [ 122 ]
Total Votes : 788

Lewin23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:06 pm
I don't have much time to post the cost for my pet, but I will say that your dogs bills cost more than yours sometimes. I just took my puppy to the vet yesterday and spent $175.00 for just a checkup, heart medicine, and ear drops. Unfortunatly my poor puppy has an ear infection. The vet says that I have to pluck her ear hair every so often so that it won't get infected again. I feel so bad for my little dog. It's going to be very hard to do. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:19 am
ooo de cost that much? i thought so.  

Jojohusky

LadyLenolia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:11 pm
well my parents pay for the food.... or did....
im still not sure if that will continue since i get around 260 a month now.
but anything else like toys its a toss up of their whims but im glad to pay for it if it'll see some use. though im the only one who'll pay for medical treatments.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:54 am
It's less than that. Train the dog on your own. By all the dog toys on clearance or make them out of old socks, and rags. deworming, flea and ticks cost about 6-12 dollar. collars are a dollar at dollar tree. Spaying and neutering well shoot go to the local Animal shelter and ask for a spaying and neuter coupon. They take off about 20 dollars.

Also don't go over board with shots. first year Get the basic then after that only get rabies.  

PantheaMarlon

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Damian Raye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:19 am
generaly my dogs pay for themselves.
well the only reason is because im a dog breeder  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:33 am
gaara the sand dragon
generaly my dogs pay for themselves.
well the only reason is because im a dog breeder
What do you breed?  

PantheaMarlon

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Promiscuous Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:12 am
well u cant buy everything at once because u have to make sure ur ready to bring home a dog and u have to make sure u bought enough food and toys but this is good to let people know what they should get ready for  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Shut up and put your money where your mouth is -

Other.
Technically, my dad pays for them.
But he would make me get a job and pay for them myself if I didn't get good grades.

We've worked out a deal.
He covers all of my expenses, including my cats, if and only if I keep my grades up.

- That's what you get for waking up in Vegas.

XxMissBooxX

5,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50

diegogee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:11 pm
Well i dont know how much my dogs would cost because my parents never let me get a dog from a store or something. We just get them from friends....  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:14 pm
My cat Thomas xost about $50.00 each month,,,,

But sometimes I o take home a pet itell it is adopted, and they are an extra $50.00 so all is well I work and go to college so I will keep doing the adopted thing it is great and sometimes sad.... mrgreen mrgreen heart biggrin biggrin  

Wolf_Baine_J

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Full closet 200

Wesker Chic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:51 am
I know when it comes to pets you have to watch for the hidden costs or even an accident.

Like with my dog Samus. She only cost us about $150 with a free vet visit, free microchipping, and even free two sets of shots.

When she was nine months old she dislocated her hip. Because of where we live and the time of day it happened, we couldn't get her to the vet until the following day. By then we couldn't just pop the hip back in and she had to have surgery to remove the ball joint on her hind leg.

All in all our $150 dog cost us around $1550 including X-Rays, meds, and surgery.

Still, I love her so I had to have it taken care of!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:10 pm
I believe, a pet is worth every cent you fork out.

So far in the last 2 years I have forked out over $2500(australian) on vet bills as my girl has a heart condition. But I would fork out more as I love her and my life would not be complete without her.

My closest friend has a staffie with allergies and I'm not even going to try and guess how much she forks out on vet bills for her cortasone shots.

Each pet will vary in cost depending on species, breed, size, and so forth...

But keep in mind how much our pets do for us...  

Lynette_Tigerkitten

[.Dark x Over.]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:55 pm
Having a pet can be costly, no matter what it is, but it is so worth it. I just wish that colleges allowed students to have pets in their dorms.... I don't know how I'm going to survive without one.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:24 pm
if u love pets Cost of a Dog or any pet should not matter .  

Sis5555

Sagty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:00 pm
yeah animals can be very expensive.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items