Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
|||||RATE THE AVATAR ABOVE YOU ||||||| Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shizuma Sama Etoile

700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:28 am
9/10, i think it looks cool! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:38 am
Event items work well with other violet and dark things, you've used both elf and vamp items making them match what is nice. That very red mouth doesn't capture too much of attention as it could without the cape. Goodie. But where I'd say a word of criticism is the bikini part. It's either bit too plain or too little. Maybe both. Bottom half could be some more decorated item - I get the feeling that your avi has forgotten to put clothes under her cape. wink
7/10

I wish rating and comments for myself too. I have the feeling that this Obi-Wan Kenobi set is missing something.  

Schutzhund

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm
Hm... All I can think of is that the coat could be different, but I'm not sure what would be better... A Worn Out Wild West Duster would at least be longer, but... Maybe not. confused There's really nothing that works really well. Other than that, it seems really good, but I'm probably not enough of a Star Wars fan to appreciate it. 3nodding

6.9/10, maybe? I'm finding it hard to judge.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:06 pm
Geez Ravenwolf, your avatar is very colorful! I like it. I think it really stands out.

10/10

The idea for mine was to just put a bunch of junk together and see what it looked like. I like dark looking avatars I guess. neutral  

Severian the Torturer

Santisimo

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:43 pm
Hmm.... toughy... but a 7/10 is what I give all tough decisions xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:01 pm
Your avatar, Santisimo, is rather unremarkable. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't stand out in any one way. If you want to improve it (as is), I think a lighter shade of pants or darker shoes would help. You need to find something to build around. Probably lose the girls....I just don't like their pixel look next to our avatars.
6/10

As for me, *ahem*

I decided to try my hand at making a Red Mage of myself. I spent a lot of money and some things I ended up not using. @_@;.
I wish the ruffles didn't cover ALL of my hand....and that damned red line through my Cravat. stare

How do you like it? How can I improve it? (I better not just get a rate and run >:[ )  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:11 pm
Okay, I've improved the look a tad...just two things really. I put a shirt over the other shirt to add texture to my stomach area, and I bought this sword to replace the Fausto's bottle sword.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:00 pm
Haha, I saw your avatar in a thread I posted in earlier and the first thing I thought was "Red Mage" followed by "coincidence??"
Of course it wouldn't be considering this is a final fantasy guild. xD

Anyways, I've gotta say you've really done a good job, although you could also pass off as a musketeer of sorts too.

Um.. 9/10! The frills make your hands look furry. .-.

As for my avatar, nothing has changed. It's just a mishmash of stuff I picked up and thought went together halfway decently. I keep wondering whether the black dragon would be better, and maybe more color from a different shirt I bought, it has some red in it which went better with the avatar when it was wearing headphones. >.> But meh, enough rambles.  

Severian the Torturer

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:56 pm
Heh, thanks. sweatdrop
And, yes, the hand frills annoy me as well. They were the only thing that resembled...erm...what would they be called....Cuffs? I wanted them to be above the shirt so it would look more like the sleeve was rolled back, and the other drawback was they cover my hands so much. I also had to find something to make the pants look that way above the shoes as well. That was a real pain since these socks are the only thing....and everything layers over them. I had to use these shorts so it appeared to connect. Everything was either too short or too long. stare
Then there's my belt...This one currently layers under my shirts and there's no other white belts that would fit. Blade's white belt would work if it didn't have that cold buckle....

Perhaps these black gauntlets look better?

As for your avatar Severian....
Well...let's start from the top. Your ninja hood's black is separate from the rest of your blacks. A better hood in my opinion would be the Infernal Spirits Dark hood, but it doesn't have the mouth part so you could use the Wingdings mouth mask. That regalia circlet brings too much blue to the look, and if you still want to keep the gold part you could try the Egyptian headband.
Now... the next problem (to me) is the purple and red orbs. They just wont work together so you may want to choose one and lose the other. If you keep the purple you could use a dark elfs staff instead; or if you keep the red orbs you can switch out the demonic armor belt with a set of gold family jewels. (Which would also add a bit of gold/yellow =D )
You could change the dragon if you wish, but it doesn't distract from the rest of the look. Neither does the moon really...which is odd. o_o;

It's not a bad avatar really. I hope you look into some of my suggestions and see how they work. Can't really see for myself. sweatdrop

As it stands...I'd have to go with a 6.5/10. (I had to use decimals...I never do that @_@)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:48 pm
I like the changes, Kazuma (didn't comment on your avatar before, but I saw it). My major citicism was going to be that the shirt looked too plain, but layering the shirts for texture made it a lot better, and I like that the gauntlets add some more interest to your arms. Having more detail makes the red line over the crevat stand out less, too. Now, anyway... well, the shorts do just look like shorts to me. confused I don't quite understand what you were going for there; you want it like Ingus's red mage outfit? (I always thought those were part of his boots, though?) Anyway, what you have is I think as close as you could get...

9/10  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:31 pm
Spot on as always Raven. I did use Ingus as a model (as well as the other members of FF3). And yes, it is suppose to be part of his boots....but no boots on Gaia do that. What I was getting at with the shorts...well...any and all other clothes layer over these socks and ruin the illusion. These shorts fit almost perfectly to the socks and almost look like they go under. Most other shorts would either be too short or too long.

I'm glad you saw the previous one and I'm glad the gauntlets work. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:47 am
Yay, I win!

(But hey, I don't get a rate?!)  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:27 pm
I'm sorry Raven. I got distracted and had to leave before finishing my post, so I cut out your rate.

I honestly have almost nothing to critique about the avatar. The only thing I can possibly pull out that irks me is the yellow in your Fire Flower. If I wanted to get real mean, I would say that the Ivy leaf's green doesn't follow with the rest. I'd suggest some clovers for your feet to match, but it's up to you really. I love it, and you pulled off the Dryad-look quite nicely.
A very high, top-end, 9/10 from me.

(Have you tried to incorporate anything from any of the Blessing items? Pricey, but beautiful.)

I'm really hoping that the Yemaya's Pearl finishes up this week....I've got a Cecil cosplay in mind and need a good cape. >,>
I'm surprised by the low amount of quality capes there are. -_-  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:30 pm
Haha, no problem. Clovers... I shall check that out. Shoot though, I wish I could afford Chuchip's Blessing at the moment... Thanks for the link!  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Phr3shest N3rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:12 pm
10/10

Tree spirit?  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash