1%  [ 2 ]
Other-Please specify
45%
 45%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 159

Seanne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:51 am
saint dreya
pagan, with Celtic and Heathen tendencies. member of ADF and active in the local grove.

hard polytheist with nature and ancestor worship nicely mixed in.

That's cool, I tend not to meet a lot of fellow hard polytheists. I understand the "all is one" philosophy, (and agree with it to some extent) but sometimes I feel that it is taken to such an extreme that it almost trivializes the gods themselves. I dunno, that's just me.... confused  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:32 pm
I am currently undecided. I do believe that there is more than one God. Probably a Goddess. I believe in karma and reincarnation.

I grew up Luthern, went through confirmation, but was never baptized. Although, we never really went to church and admittedly, I don't know much about it.

But when I went through the rebellion phase, I started reading about Wiccan. Mostly because I knew it was the one that would make my dad the most angry. And because it had always interested me (and still really does). I still would like to learn more about it, I still do have the notes I took on it from books at the library.

I am also interested in learning about other religions.

elwine

clgutta1977

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:43 pm
I am a Christian in an Assembly of God church. I believe there is the one God who sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for each of our sins. I believe there is a heaven and a hell and that we are all accountable to God upon our passing.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:43 pm
I'm not religious at all, I don't believe in any of it. I do however celebrate holidays... halloween, christmas, etc.  

Sarah_Jones69

Pinkade

Shameless Tycoon

17,525 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:44 am
7th Day Adventist  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:33 am
I'm Agnostic. I believe that there is a higher power in this universe, but no one knows for sure what/who he/she/it/they is/are. I also believe that there's such thing as fate, but that we can change our destinies. That not EVERY LITTLE DETAIL is set in stone, but you will be guided in a certain direction and you can make the final decision if that is or isn't the way you want it to go.

I was raised a Roman Catholic; I was even baptized, had my communion, and my confirmation, but I never felt right being there. I always felt out of place, so when I turned 17 I stopped going. I was forced to be there and do all of that all my life, which did have a negative impact on my views on continuing going to church, but it was mainly because I don't agree with the church's views.

I started searching for a new religion, or at least something that I could actually believe in and went to a Jewish temple, Wiccan gatherings, a Lutheran church, and read up on all sorts of other things while searching. In the end, I have found that really, who are we to REALLY, TRULY know what's going on and who's pulling the strings, so I've become Agnostic and have been now for 4 years. I'm happy with my decision.  

SaturnineZero

Creator Nan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:07 pm
I believe in reincarnation, but I don't believe in hell. We are spirits who are trying to attain a new level of perfection. We always are human reicarnations though and there are spirits/guides who are among us to help. There is a deity(s)/god(dess) whom our spirits reside with in between lives.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:25 pm
Christian. I try to go to church every Sunday, and I go to a Christian University, and currently enjoying every minute of it. pirate  

bbydaeriel93

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:41 am
Quote:
how did you become Hindu if you don't mind me asking? my fiance is Hindu but he's from India and was born into it.

---immabee
Sorry for the late reaction... I haven't really been coming here sweatdrop

My spouse introduced me to Hinduism... more specifically Gaudiya Vaishnavism, and they were introduced to it by receiving some books that had been distributed to their sister.

I was born in a Christian family, but my parents never enforced religion on me and allowed me to believe what I wanted to. To me, there being a God made sense, but the bible didn't. Not that I'm trying to say there's something wrong with believing in the bible... it just didn't make sense to me personally. So for a while, I considered myself to be without religion, but still believed in God.

When I met my spouse and they explained Vaishnavism to me, it was a little hard for me to accept at first because I had grown up around Christians... so despite not considering myself a Christian, I still had some of the same thoughts and feelings about religion. However, gradually I began to open my mind up to the concept that perhaps there isn't just one "right" religion while all others are "wrong". Once I came to accept that there isn't just one "right" religion, I began to realize that the things my spouse was trying to teach me about Vaishnavism actually made sense... the only thing holding me back from understanding was refusing to accept it. What really made it all click in place was when they told me about the conclusion of the Bhagavad Gita:

Quote:
sarva-dharman parityajya
mam ekam saranam vraja
aham tvam sarva-papebhyo
moksayisyami ma sucah

TRANSLATION
Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

---Bhagavad Gita 18:66

That verse alone was what I had already believed for years... to actually see a religious text put it in words was surreal.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:37 pm
I have no religion.

But to those who like to put people in little neat boxes with certain names of beliefs over their heads, I am considered Agnostic.

Honestly I've thought of starting my own religion/commune that dealt with open mindedness. But that would be way too hippie for my tastes. That and I could see myself probably getting assassinated or something. I just pretty much believe in everyone having a right to live as they see fit as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. And that everyone is equal and needs a lil bit o' loving.

I am really a hippie at heart. A hippie in black, vinyl, and leather. lol.  

Serenity Celestial

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:26 pm
Artemesia_of_Persia
I'm a Buddhist/Animist.

What is Animist?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:28 pm
wvicequeen2005
I am a Christian in an Assembly of God church. I believe there is the one God who sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for each of our sins. I believe there is a heaven and a hell and that we are all accountable to God upon our passing.

I was raised in an Assemblies of God Church ^^*  

Serenity Celestial

Serenity Celestial

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:32 pm
I am a Christian.
I was raised in an Assemblies of God Church.. but now I am tired of the Denominations...
I believe in God, and that he sent Jesus to forgive our sins and Through Jesus we go to Heaven if we confess our sins... There is more I believe but I just do not understand all these denominations.. it's stupid to me  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:43 pm
Serenity Celestial
I am a Christian.
I was raised in an Assemblies of God Church.. but now I am tired of the Denominations...
I believe in God, and that he sent Jesus to forgive our sins and Through Jesus we go to Heaven if we confess our sins... There is more I believe but I just do not understand all these denominations.. it's stupid to me

True that! I am a Christian as well, but I don't like labels and such. I was raised in a babtist church but now attend a methodist church. I don't consider myself either one of these though.

I believe that all God wants us to do is try our best and believe in Jesus. He did not tell us to join a certian religion, just believe.

I believe God's love transends all religion. I practiced paganism for about two years before I decided Christianity was the one for me. I think what was missing everywhere else was Jesus. But practicing and learning about paganism and other religions helped make me a better Christian. Now I can accept and understand others better without having a "fire and brimstone" complex. Jesus asked us to love, not to drive fear into everyone.  

Kisaki Kitsune-Hi

Corbin Noir

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:40 pm
I've been all over the place, fundy christian a few times, Lavey-style Satanist, wiccan

Right now I just don't know -I solidly reject christianity because I believe that the judeo-christian religion is responsible a lot of the problems that we currently face, but I do believe that there's some sort of higher power.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff