Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
What are your opinions on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:02 pm
finalfantasyfreak1O1
I just wanted to say that YunaAndTidus is not a mule.
Im not lieing but i know somtimes somones word isnt enouph for people.
This situation also makes it so there really is no way to prove if im lieing or not.(Which im not)
Even though i have allready thanked her i would like to thank Rei Uchikino
again for telling me this was going on.
So everyone knows i have nothing against people who are for abortion.
I dont like it myself but somtimes people find it necessary.
To be honest i would never get one unless i needed to.
I dont want to start a big fight about if im telling the truth or not but if anyone has any questions for me and wont blow up at me i would be glad to answer.

I still think that you are lying.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:06 pm
I believe that it is that person's decision. Also, if they are christain, and are worried about religious matters, i believe it is in the bible that a child that is not old enough to understand the ways of God, they will be forgiven automatically... or something like that stressed [P.S. im athiest, but i used to be into christianity.]

Angel9547

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:36 pm
Those are just about all of the reasons for unwanted pregnancy, yes.

Personally, if I got accidentally pregnant I'd want to have my baby and put it up for adoption. Its still my baby, I'd like him or her to go to a good home, not be killed.

But I'm not going to tell other girls what to do, beyond suggesting that they could get their baby adopted.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:39 pm
Angel9547
I believe that it is that person's decision. Also, if they are christain, and are worried about religious matters, i believe it is in the bible that a child that is not old enough to understand the ways of God, they will be forgiven automatically... or something like that stressed [P.S. im athiest, but i used to be into christianity.]
I read a very interesting essay on religioustolerance.org a long time ago which concluded that the Bible does not expressly forbid most abortions, but condemns a few. It was pretty interesting if anyone wants to check it out.  

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:42 pm
xLady Tsukiyox

Adoption is something I do not agree with. I believe it is indeed a double edged sword. Because there is a chance the child would end up going to an unhealthy environment where it could be abused, mistreated, molested, etc. I also believe adoption to be the easy way out. In other words it's very easy to give something up. It's harder to decide to kill something. A lot harder.

A baby adopted at birth is different from a kid living in a foster home. Most babies go to loving couples who were unable to have children of their own. I don't have any research or anything, but I think a lot of the time it turns out okay. Is it really the easy way out? You still have to deal with 9 months of pregnancy and giving birth. Thats a very disruptive experience if you already don't have the time to care for a baby.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:43 pm
pidgezero_one
Angel9547
I read a very interesting essay on religioustolerance.org a long time ago which concluded that the Bible does not expressly forbid most abortions, but condemns a few. It was pretty interesting if anyone wants to check it out.
So what kind of abortion is condemned?  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:52 pm
Kaiyle Brightblade
xLady Tsukiyox

Adoption is something I do not agree with. I believe it is indeed a double edged sword. Because there is a chance the child would end up going to an unhealthy environment where it could be abused, mistreated, molested, etc. I also believe adoption to be the easy way out. In other words it's very easy to give something up. It's harder to decide to kill something. A lot harder.

A baby adopted at birth is different from a kid living in a foster home. Most babies go to loving couples who were unable to have children of their own. I don't have any research or anything, but I think a lot of the time it turns out okay. Is it really the easy way out? You still have to deal with 9 months of pregnancy and giving birth. Thats a very disruptive experience if you already don't have the time to care for a baby.
I’ll erase this feeling…
I still have a long life don’t I?
kono omoi wo keshiteshimau ni ha
mada jinsei nagai deshou?
There really is no difference really. I know two people who were adopted at young ages and didn't go through foster care, they were both abused either emotionally or physically by their foster parents. neutral

Doesn't matter if they have to go through having a baby. It's easy to give something up after you've gone through heaven and hell trying to obtain it.
I’m missing the feeling…
so this pain is also welcomed!
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:32 pm
finalfantasyfreak1O1
I know im probally going to get yelled at but why would u want to murrder a child.
YES!!!!!! YOU ARE KILLING A CHILD!!!!!!!
If you dont want to get pregnant dont do it.
The smart thing to do is wait till your married anyway.
Its not like u need to get into bed with somone to tell if u want to spend the rest of your life with them anyway.
Also i understand that you might be uneasy about having some stranger's kid, but it doesent mean u have to kill the innocent baby for it.
Its not their fault.
Im emmbarassed of my mom being 16 and my dad being 25(he left shortlly after i was born and never came back) but i cant change it and now im blamed for her not going to college.
Dont kill a baby because u dont want it give it up for adoption.
Its that simple!

I just read the entire thread. I don't mean to bring this post back up again, but I have to comment on something that everyone else seems to have ignored. Your mom is sixteen? Exactly how old are you? Five? O___o Or was she sixteen when she had you?

I'm pro-choice. Abortion is a personal issue, not a public one. It's the woman's body and the woman's choice. Despite this, however, I do not think I would be abel to have an abortion myself, but that's my personal opinion. And it should be the woman's opinion on the matter that counts . I'm not going to reiterate everything that was already said here, but I would like to add one thing. Making abortion completely illegal would do A LOT of harm to women whose babies died in the womb. Take for example this story:

http://www.msmagazine.com/summer2004/womanandherdoctor.asp

I pretty much cried when I read this. It's absolutely horrible that a woman had to go through that, and it should never happen. But it does, and will continue to if abortion is made completely illegal.

Draug Heltikana

Excitable Counselor

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:05 pm
Kaiyle Brightblade
pidgezero_one
Angel9547
So what kind of abortion is condemned?
Abortions which take place after fetal viability.

The whole thing is here, but if you don't feel like reading the whole thing, then the conclusion section will sum it up. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:28 pm
Kaiyle Brightblade

Personally, if I got accidentally pregnant I'd want to have my baby and put it up for adoption. Its still my baby, I'd like him or her to go to a good home, not be killed.

But I'm not going to tell other girls what to do, beyond suggesting that they could get their baby adopted.

Some girls don't want to suffer through a pregnancy over a kid that they don't even get to keep. Personally, thats how I feel.  

Matron Mord Sith

Letter-W

Shy Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:58 pm
I wouldn't get one myself, but I think it's up to the person in question.
In other words, I don't think it's right, but I'm not going to go all moralfag on you.
Quote:
some women who feel it is the only option at the time spend many years in depression afterwards, upwards of 20 or more. Some dream they can hear their baby crying and can't get to them. It is a very controversial subject.
User Image

Ω

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:40 am
I am your Mord Sith
Kaiyle Brightblade

Some girls don't want to suffer through a pregnancy over a kid that they don't even get to keep. Personally, thats how I feel.
Yes very true. And, a pregnancy in high school or college can seriously mess up your future. I just think some girls forget about adoption and that it should be considered before they have an abortion. But I'd rather the woman chooses for herself. In some cases abortion makes sense.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

One Dead Memory

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:51 am
I am against abortion and yes for religious and personal reasons I personally think it's wrong. That's Just my views on it. I don't go screaming my views at people and automatically want them to take my side and get prissy when someone doesn't agree with me. I respect everyone's opinion on the matter although it was a lot to read D:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:51 am
One Dead Memory
I am against abortion and yes for religious and personal reasons I personally think it's wrong. That's Just my views on it. I don't go screaming my views at people and automatically want them to take my side and get prissy when someone doesn't agree with me. I respect everyone's opinion on the matter although it was a lot to read D:
Why do you think it's wrong?  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

iGrunny E M O

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:59 am
It's is the woman's choice.
Unless the baby has had consious thought, it is a embryo, not a real human.
You can't miss something you never had.
In some cases, it is the right choice.
There are too many unhappy children in orphanages and adoption centers already.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff