Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
Questions About Sex & Sexual Health Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

inu828

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:27 pm
im on the lowest dose of birth control pills will that still protect me? my bf never ejects in me without a condom but like if we dont use one intell then and im on the bc?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:37 pm
inu828
im on the lowest dose of birth control pills will that still protect me? my bf never ejects in me without a condom but like if we dont use one intell then and im on the bc?

I use a low dose hormone too, and so far, no pregnancies but lighter periods, no acne, bigger boobs, stronger nails and shinier hair. The first three months were accompanied by breast tenderness (so extreme, that I told my hubby to not play with my boobs), bloating, and some mild nausea.

I went to www.plannedparenthood.org to get the proper info on your question. I hope this works:

Quote:
Low-dose birth control pills are safe and effective hormonal methods of birth control. Most pills combine estrogen and progestin. Some are progestin-only. Both hormones can cause uncomfortable side effects for some women — everything from the blues, bloating, and breast tenderness to irregular bleeding and vomiting. These discomforts are not dangerous and usually go away in three months.

When scientists first invented the pill, they wanted to be very sure it worked. It turns out that they used more hormone than most women need — up to 1,000 times more!

Since then, the FDA has approved many different brands of low-dose pills. Each has slightly different levels of hormones. Most women do well with any of them and shouldn't have significant side effects after the first three months. A small number of women may have a side effect that won't go away. Their health care providers can identify certain brands that may relieve particular discomforts.

High dose BC hormones are usually prescribed to older women who have low hormone levels.  

Perfect Stranger 3-0

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:17 am
my mom is talking about putting me on the shot because of how horrible my periods are (of course, she doesn't know im not a virgin >.<)

Does this shot has a specific name? My friend is on it and she says she gets it every three months and she doesn't even have periods anymore. Does anyone else get this shot?? Info please.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:30 pm
Perfect Stranger 3-0
inu828

I use a low dose hormone too, and so far, no pregnancies but lighter periods, no acne, bigger boobs, stronger nails and shinier hair. The first three months were accompanied by breast tenderness (so extreme, that I told my hubby to not play with my boobs), bloating, and some mild nausea.

I went to www.plannedparenthood.org to get the proper info on your question. I hope this works:

Quote:
Low-dose birth control pills are safe and effective hormonal methods of birth control. Most pills combine estrogen and progestin. Some are progestin-only. Both hormones can cause uncomfortable side effects for some women — everything from the blues, bloating, and breast tenderness to irregular bleeding and vomiting. These discomforts are not dangerous and usually go away in three months.

When scientists first invented the pill, they wanted to be very sure it worked. It turns out that they used more hormone than most women need — up to 1,000 times more!

Since then, the FDA has approved many different brands of low-dose pills. Each has slightly different levels of hormones. Most women do well with any of them and shouldn't have significant side effects after the first three months. A small number of women may have a side effect that won't go away. Their health care providers can identify certain brands that may relieve particular discomforts.

High dose BC hormones are usually prescribed to older women who have low hormone levels.
ok thanks  

inu828

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:10 pm
Before I lost my virginity my periods were very heavy, then after I lost my virginity my periods became much lighter. Is this normal? Does the flow of menstruation change after having sex?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:31 pm
Rei Uchikino
Before I lost my virginity my periods were very heavy, then after I lost my virginity my periods became much lighter. Is this normal? Does the flow of menstruation change after having sex?
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

This...is kinda the exact opposite of what happened to me. It shouldn't mess up your period though; your period is controlled by hormones and having sex doesn't change them.

(Broad range answer)
Your hymen isn't your virginity. Its a thin mucous membrane at the entrance of the v****a. It can break from strenuous activities such as sports, horse-back riding or even using a tampon or from masturbating. The blood from your hymen has nothing to do with your menstrual cycle, because the only reason it bleeds is because its being broken. Not all girls bleed, and some girls are naturally born without a hymen.

Hamsterliciousness

Codebreaking Gawker

14,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:50 pm
Scubas_girl
my mom is talking about putting me on the shot because of how horrible my periods are (of course, she doesn't know im not a virgin >.<)

Does this shot has a specific name? My friend is on it and she says she gets it every three months and she doesn't even have periods anymore. Does anyone else get this shot?? Info please.

I do not use this BC method, but I could tell you about it.

-This is called "Depo Provera", and it contains progestine (artificial progesterone).
-Shots are administrated every three months.
-The periods, with this method, can be either lighter or heavier (I had a friend who used Depo because she had awful periods, while using Depo they became heavier and then, she didn't get her periods...until 18 months later she stopped the shots, and returned as heavy as usual)
-It is true, after a year, most women using this method won't have periods anymore, but this is also due to one side effect; delay on fertility. With this method, women take longer to regain fertility, and some of them won't be able to procreate in their lives again.

If you're worried on your fertility, try the pill (I take it for the same reasons as you; long, heavy periods). You can ask for a low dose pill so your body get used to them. With the pill, you'll have the same benefits that you'll have with the shot (less bleeding, regular periods, BC protection, etc), while having your period regularly. There are two kinds; combined pill (estrogen and progestine), and the mini pill (just progestine).  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:11 pm
Perfect Stranger 3-0
Scubas_girl

-This is called "Depo Provera", and it contains progestine (artificial progesterone).
-The periods, with this method, can be either lighter or heavier (I had a friend who used Depo because she had awful periods, while using Depo they became heavier and then, she didn't get her periods...until 18 months later she stopped the shots, and returned as heavy as usual)
-It is true, after a year, most women using this method won't have periods anymore, but this is also due to one side effect; delay on fertility. With this method, women take longer to regain fertility, and some of them won't be able to procreate in their lives again.

If you're worried on your fertility, try the pill (I take it for the same reasons as you; long, heavy periods). You can ask for a low dose pill so your body get used to them. With the pill, you'll have the same benefits that you'll have with the shot (less bleeding, regular periods, BC protection, etc), while having your period regularly. There are two kinds; combined pill (estrogen and progestine), and the mini pill (just progestine).

0.o i definitely want babies when I get older. How often does it happen that women can't get pregnant anymore after taking it???  

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:23 pm
xX Princess Heartbreak Xx
Rei Uchikino

This...is kinda the exact opposite of what happened to me. It shouldn't mess up your period though; your period is controlled by hormones and having sex doesn't change them.

(Broad range answer)
Your hymen isn't your virginity. Its a thin mucous membrane at the entrance of the v****a. It can break from strenuous activities such as sports, horse-back riding or even using a tampon or from masturbating. The blood from your hymen has nothing to do with your menstrual cycle, because the only reason it bleeds is because its being broken. Not all girls bleed, and some girls are naturally born without a hymen.

I see.
I actually didn't bleed at all the first time I had sex.
My period has been this way for months now and it's been worrying me. It started right after I started having sex which gave me the impression that that could be the reason. Do you think it could be a change in my hormones?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:46 pm
I can't find find any reason to suggest that it does, but then again I could be wrong.

Men send out their pheromones (hormones to make us interested/aroused/etc) just like we send out pheromones (same reason). Everyone is subjected in their own way (not everyone will make everyone horny/interested).

The only way that I see your period changing is if your periods are irregular, your pregnant, or your living in a group of women (its been studied and proven that if you live with a group of women (3- all women groups) that your period will change due to hormones.

Hamsterliciousness

Codebreaking Gawker

14,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:59 pm
I can't find find any reason to suggest that it does, but then again I could be wrong.

Men send out their pheromones (hormones to make us interested/aroused/etc) just like we send out pheromones (same reason). Everyone is subjected in their own way (not everyone will make everyone horny/interested).

The only way that I see your period changing is if your periods are irregular, your pregnant, or your living in a group of women (its been studied and proven that if you live with a group of women (3- all women groups) that your period will change due to hormones.

I think it's quite possible that my period is irregular. I heard that a woman's period will be irregular until she's twenty-five years old. So perhaps I don't have anything to worry about.
I highly doubt that I'm pregnant since this has been going on for months and I haven't been experiencing any other pregnancy symptoms. Not to mention I've taken a few pregnancy tests in the past and they all came up negative.
And the only other woman I live with is my mother. So I don't think that could be the reason. So I'm thinking it could just be an irregularity.
Thanks for your help.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:59 pm
Scubas_girl
Perfect Stranger 3-0
Scubas_girl

0.o i definitely want babies when I get older. How often does it happen that women can't get pregnant anymore after taking it???

Is something that happens rarely, though.

If you're still unsure, tell your mom you rather go to a gynecologist. He or she could tell you the best hormonal method for you. He/she will evaluate your situation in base of your periods, your symptoms, and your body in general.  

Perfect Stranger 3-0

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:01 pm
Rei Uchikino

I think it's quite possible that my period is irregular. I heard that a woman's period will be irregular until she's twenty-five years old. So perhaps I don't have anything to worry about.
I highly doubt that I'm pregnant since this has been going on for months and I haven't been experiencing any other pregnancy symptoms. Not to mention I've taken a few pregnancy tests in the past and they all came up negative.
And the only other woman I live with is my mother. So I don't think that could be the reason. So I'm thinking it could just be an irregularity.
Thanks for your help.

You can also try using the pill, if this irregularity interferes too much with your life. Not only it provides BC protection, but it also helps regulate periods, and make them less heavy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:09 pm
Perfect Stranger 3-0
Rei Uchikino

Thanks for your help.

You can also try using the pill, if this irregularity interferes too much with your life. Not only it provides BC protection, but it also helps regulate periods, and make them less heavy.

I've thought about going on the pill for that very reason. I like the benefits of the pill but it's the side effects that keep me from going through with it. I don't know how my body will react to it, that's what worries me. Plus my friend told me that you have to go to the gynecologist first and she told me that it wasn't a pleasant experience. Then my mom told me that I'd have to go to the gynecologist and get a mammogram every six months. And I heard that mammograms aren't too pleasant either. It's something that I have to think very carefully about.  

Rei Uchikino

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:08 pm
Rei Uchikino
Perfect Stranger 3-0
Rei Uchikino

Thanks for your help.

I've thought about going on the pill for that very reason. I like the benefits of the pill but it's the side effects that keep me from going through with it. I don't know how my body will react to it, that's what worries me. Plus my friend told me that you have to go to the gynecologist first and she told me that it wasn't a pleasant experience. Then my mom told me that I'd have to go to the gynecologist and get a mammogram every six months. And I heard that mammograms aren't too pleasant either. It's something that I have to think very carefully about.

There are tons of pills, and you don't have to go to the same doctor your friend goes. Is all different to everyone. A mammography? they're are usually done every year, not every six months. Maybe she's mistaking the pap with the mammography; they're two different things.
This is your health. If you really think these irregular periods are a burden, go and see a doctor. You friend might had a bad experience, but you can go to a different one and don't feel like your friend did. Another thing; everyone reacts differently to BC pills, and it'll take about two months for your body to get used to them, since there are so many of them.  
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff