Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - OOC Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:28 pm
NayrVentess
Vorastrix
I have a question about the wording in the AV...for my Bloodcurse Rod, I'm reading it to say that i have to deal the damage that makes the character bloodied to gain the benefit of my pact boon, but it goes on to imply that i have to kill the target to gain benefit of the boon, when really they just have to die for me to gain the boon...so which is it?

Sorry for late reply, didn't see this ^^ I interpret it as - normally you get your pact boon (so for you, your darkspiral aura increases by one per enemy dead) when a target cursed by you dies. But, when you bloody a cursed target while using your rod, that also triggers your boon. I think the wording about 'you' slaying the target is a ty-po and it means just when the cursed target dies, whether by your hand or someone elses....I hope that makes sense!

so then would Pelloth have gotten a pact boon from when Dregthuk became bloodied?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:47 pm
Vorastrix
NayrVentess
Vorastrix
I have a question about the wording in the AV...for my Bloodcurse Rod, I'm reading it to say that i have to deal the damage that makes the character bloodied to gain the benefit of my pact boon, but it goes on to imply that i have to kill the target to gain benefit of the boon, when really they just have to die for me to gain the boon...so which is it?

Sorry for late reply, didn't see this ^^ I interpret it as - normally you get your pact boon (so for you, your darkspiral aura increases by one per enemy dead) when a target cursed by you dies. But, when you bloody a cursed target while using your rod, that also triggers your boon. I think the wording about 'you' slaying the target is a ty-po and it means just when the cursed target dies, whether by your hand or someone elses....I hope that makes sense!

so then would Pelloth have gotten a pact boon from when Dregthuk became bloodied?

No I don't think so, the bloodied bit is only triggered when you bloody the cursed target.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:55 pm
k, next question, becuase i'm pretty sure i got that random thug

becuase he was a one-hit-kill and never get bloodied, to i get just the one point, or do i get two?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:52 am
I'd say one, minions don't have a bloodied value.

Gerash, good work with the enfeeb. Karz needs something to soften him up now that I'm not tying him down anymore.

Dregthuk, s**t, whatever he does to little girls, I hope it involves pissing blood. At least the guy gets points for self esteem, when he's taken more damage than anybody else he's still talking about killing the lot of us. I guess his delusions of grandeur last quite a while.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:44 am
@Vora - Yeah only one
@Arc - Dregthuk is 'ard as nails tho razz  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:29 am
Too bad I used up everything from my rogue multiclass on his a** already. I'll just have to get back to some defender/controller jones, so long as somebody can keep Karz hobbled. I don't think Grashuk has any more healy-bobs for me.

Pelloth, you're welcome to drop the striker-bomb on him. Cain's already doing a fine job tying Skar down. Maybe Hars can polish off some remaining rabble while plinking away at Dregthuk. Anybody need me to drag him into a formation somewhere?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:11 pm
in that case his pool is 2, one from killing the thug, and another from bloodying the other...

also, he has concealment again for moving 3 spaces.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:54 am
I feel kinda useless. Other than the double surge heal, Grashuk hasn't done anything... Then again, it's hard to fight the enemy AND the die roller... stare

For the record, yeah, I am out of heals... man, after this fight, I'm sure Daelos will have a few insults to throw our way... sweatdrop  

iDragow

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:49 am
my brooch of shielding has as a daily that i can gain resist to all damage of of an attack to the value of my force defense (which is 10). It says it applies to area, close and ranged attacks, so would a melee attack be considered close?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:19 pm
melee attacks are not close attacks, though they are similar  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:21 pm
so then the brooch wouldn't apply?

not that i can use it, i already did an immediate interupt.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:39 pm
Vorastrix
so then the brooch wouldn't apply?

not that i can use it, i already did an immediate interupt.

No unfortunately...  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:49 pm
NayrVentess
As Karz charges at Pelloth, the drow thinks quick. He activates his powerful dark aura, which hits the gnoll dealing 10 damage...((That does enough to down him!....Although, Karz has this awesome power which when he first drops to 0 hit points...he regains 5!!! Yay for the DM! Oh, and he gets another action point twisted ))
O.o...i'd like to use some of that...

also, curiously, with my immediate interrupt, wouldn't him dropping bellow 0 cancel out his attack? and is it some sort of action that would allow him to gain back the HP (i.e. free immediate interupt)....although i suppose even if it were an immediate interupt..he would still be able to follow through with the attack...

sorry about all this whining/rule critiquing...but i really like this character an dun want it to die...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:28 am
Vorastrix
NayrVentess
As Karz charges at Pelloth, the drow thinks quick. He activates his powerful dark aura, which hits the gnoll dealing 10 damage...((That does enough to down him!....Although, Karz has this awesome power which when he first drops to 0 hit points...he regains 5!!! Yay for the DM! Oh, and he gets another action point twisted ))
O.o...i'd like to use some of that...

also, curiously, with my immediate interrupt, wouldn't him dropping bellow 0 cancel out his attack? and is it some sort of action that would allow him to gain back the HP (i.e. free immediate interupt)....although i suppose even if it were an immediate interupt..he would still be able to follow through with the attack...

sorry about all this whining/rule critiquing...but i really like this character an dun want it to die...

Yeah I know, don't worry about it, I'm more than happy to answer questions. You never know, I may have made a mistake!

Just checked, unfortunately its not even an action as such. Basically a free one, it just happens....sorry. Don't worry, I'm, sure Pelloth will be fine! If you haven't already, make your first death saving throw.

And just to say, you were really unlucky when Karz attacked you. Because he has a double attack, the first one I rolled a 20 on so crit'd you. The second attack i rolled a 19 on, so pretty much auto hit...but then rolled max damage anyway! So it was like two crits lol. Although you were lucky that he didn't get any extra effect for the critical hit ^^  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

iDragow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:25 am
NayrVentess
Grashuk was now thinking, how the ******** is this guy still standing?!

I actually did scream this in my head when you said that I hit but didn't kill him. I mean, seriously! They guy has taken 125 damage, and is STILL standing!? scream  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff