Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 2, 3, 5, 8, 7 Total: 33 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:15 pm
Damage 6k2

Damage is 16  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:48 pm
@ Go Competition:

Rain Yupa
This round, Kyumi would be pitted against a thin, scrawny girl in her early 20's. With a pair of spectacles and a satchel full of books and scrolls (which she set beside the table with an audible THUD), she would address the Lioness.

"My name is Asako Sumi of the Phoenix Clan. Let us begin, shall we?" she would say in a quiet voice, barely over a whisper. She would grab a handful of white stones, her frail thin hands far smaller than Kyumi's, hiding the amount within them. She would indicate for Kyumi to pick odds or evens; if it matches, Kyumi plays Black (and goes first). Otherwise, she will play White (and go last).

Kyumi did her best to regain her composure after her embarrassment from the last match. Try as she might, her cheeks still remained red and likely would stay that way for some time.

She had to concentrate some to hear the quiet woman speak. "I am Kitsu Kyumi, from the Lion Clan. Evens, please." She introduced herself as politely, and friendly as she could. However, she found that her smiles were somewhat less sincere than they would otherwise be.  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:50 am
"I would be honoured Lady Kuni even though it does hurt me to see that you have not been magically healed despite that you have taken more wounds than me..." replied Kagae softly before removing his armour once again and half of his yukata off revealing the bandaged wound.

Deciding it would be rude to make idle decided to carry on.

"Um... Excuse me if I seem rude but I did not expect someone like yourself to be participating in duels."  
Sutiiven rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 1, 1, 5, 3, 10 Total: 28 (6-60)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:37 am
@ Court Debate.

((Rolling first and responding accordingly.))

Courtier Check vs. TN20 - 6k3.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:38 am
Exploding Die.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:05 am
@ Courtier Debate

{Courtier 28 vs TN20}

Hisashi was not thrown by the direct attack, nor the advances of the seductive Scorpion. He simply smirked and shook his head confidently.

"You misunderstand me, Koan-san. Of course we have looked into other territories, perhaps as much or more so than any... ahem... 'real' clan. But the question Kita-sama posed was not about our interest in claiming more land, but whether said interests would help to quell inter-clan disputes. To that I still say no. Simply conquering new lands may give clans a reason to band together temporarily, but once over, they will no doubt be likely to return to their old ways. I do not mean this in insult, merely a statement of fact that we are creatures of habit. I believe that working to improve diplomatic relations between clans is a better option before any kind of territory acquisition. And, as Kan-san aptly pointed out, we do not have the resources to do so at the moment even if it would stop all clan conflict for a thousand years - indeed, at this point I think a sudden expansion might hinder current clan relations, not improve them."

When finished, he took up his tea, drank again, and eagerly awaited a response like a shark circling a potential meal.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:07 am
@ Courtier Debate:

Doji Koan would hesitate after Hisashi's response, going to drink from his tea without realizing that he had already finished it, adding to his flustered frustration. "Well, uh... need I remind the group that the majority of conflicts between great clans in the past have been over land? Yes, such conflicts might be inevitable, but with more land to bicker over, it would make sense that said conflicts would be fewer and farther between." {Courtier of 26 vs TN 15, and Ide Jiro gains a Free Raise from Koan's Voice advantage.}

Kan would smile to his Mantis opponent. "Well said, Hisashi-san. I will point out that we do have more peacefully-minded citizens in Rokugan, such as the Asahina family, the Iuchi family, and many of the monk orders. But such groups I feel would be unable to hold such territory peacefully, since threats from outside are theoretical newly-expanded borders would probably insist on taking back on what they perceive as theirs, returning us once more to the circle of violence." {Courtier of 25 vs TN 10}

"Not a kind word for me?" Maru would ask the opposite side of the table, leaning back up and opening her fan to cool herself. "Then let me throw this out: The kami. They are an integral part of our lifestyle, be it from the shugenjas' interactions to being the bastions of our faith. From my understanding from their time in the Burning Sands, the Ki-Rin had to adopt an entirely different faith and magic system due to lack of interaction with the kami. Isn't that right, Jiro-san?" {Courtier of 15 vs TN 10}

"That's right. You've done your homework, my dear Maru-san," he would say, turning to face her and smiling broadly.

"Is... that all you have to say, Ide Jiro?" Doji Kita would ask after few awkward moments of silence. Soshi Maru's fan would flutter before the lower half of her face, while she seemed to be looking at Jiro out of the corner of her eye, maybe?

"Of course not. Just building the tension before I elaborate. During the Ki-Rin's self-imposed exile, they had been forced to lead a purely nomadic lifestyle. Partly due to the fact that they were constantly on the hunt of new foreign threats, but also due to necessity. Magic worked poorly, and the land was equally as poor. All of us are blessed to have such fertile lands in Rokugan, and we'd all be fools if we tried to obtain more than what we need. If your purses are brimming with koku, why force a few more zeni inside?" {Courtier 23 vs TN 10}

Yoritomo Hisashi, you're up!  
Rain Yupa rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:13 am
Normally I'd roll 1d10 for Asako Sumi to see how many stones she had grabbed, but being small, I'm rolling 2d10, keeping the lowest! If the result is even, Kyumi goes first with black; otherwise, Asako does.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:28 am
@ Go Competition:

((I don't know why I decided to roll on here. confused ))

Asako Sumi would open her tiny hand, revealing the single white stone and handing it to Kyumi. "A wise choice. Or perhaps, just a lucky one." Taking her seat at the side with the black stones, would adjust her spectacles before placing her first stone. Her first goal was to gobble up the hoshi/star points, it would seem. {Games: Go roll of 19 vs TN 5}  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:39 am
@ Martial Duel:

With a total combined damage of 23 to Hogai, the large Hida would definitely be Hurt. "Ha ha ha! Now THIS is a challenge! Fight like this more often, and you might want to consider life on the Wall!" Hogai seemed to be loving this, and used his three free raises for something unexpected.

"Take me to the edge, Bayushi, and I'll grant you the same reward!" He would make an aggressive move to attack the Scorpion, attempting to provoke the warrior to attacking again. But he found out too late that it was but a Feint.

{3 free raises into Feint, Attack roll of 41 vs TN 35; no damage, but Hida Hogai gets 6 free raises on his next attack}

Bayushi Kojiro, go!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 9 10-sided dice: 10, 4, 7, 7, 1, 9, 3, 4, 3 Total: 48 (9-90)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:23 pm
Either way Kojiro looked at it, the Crab was going to lay him flat at the next opportunity he gave. Still, if he had no chance against a crippled Crab warrior, what chance would he have against Masamune? With another shout, Kojiro lunged forward at Kogai, hoping to win this while he had the chance.

OOC Full attack. Both raises used to offset Kojiro's wound penalty. 6k3 Last 3 are explodie dice

To hit: 29  
Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 10, 7, 1 Total: 19 (4-40)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:44 pm
@ Go Competition:

Rain Yupa
Asako Sumi would open her tiny hand, revealing the single white stone and handing it to Kyumi. "A wise choice. Or perhaps, just a lucky one." Taking her seat at the side with the black stones, would adjust her spectacles before placing her first stone. Her first goal was to gobble up the hoshi/star points, it would seem. {Games: Go roll of 19 vs TN 5}

"We shall see..." Kyumi murmured back in reply.

From what Kyumi could tell, Sumi isn't all that interested in small talk, which is just as well. The Lioness has decided that, for now, she'll be focusing on the game. For this match, she appeared to be using a different and more conservative approach; preferring to consolidating territory on the edges of the board rather than attacking Sumi's beloved star points.

However, it is a bit obvious by looking at her that she may have something more up her sleeve. She's trying to set up something, but whatever it is hasn't taken shape yet.

((4k3, with 2 raises, 19 vs TN 15))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 5, 7, 8, 1 Total: 26 (5-50)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:34 pm
Rolling Damage

Damage is 15  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:16 pm
@ Martial Duel:

At 38 now, Hogai almost went down... but not before spending one of his Void to allow himself the chance to strike first!

With a roar, he would go Full Attack, gaining a total of 11 free raises to use! 8 of them would be used to lower Kojiro's TN to be hit (from 65 to 25), and the other 3 would be used for a Called Shot to the Head.

Then, he would lean back, and attempt to deliver a crushing headbutt to Kojiro's head! {Jiujutsu roll of 19} There would be a deafening ring that echoed out from the impact, and Kojiro would definitely be left a bit dizzy from the impact... but it wasn't enough to get through the Scorpion's protective headgear.

Hida Hogai would fall to one knee, panting... and laughing. "Haha... damn... that would have been... an awesome victory... and an awesome defeat... They always told me that my sights were set too high. I'm unable to continue. You've been spared the wrath of the Hida, little Scorpion. Good work."

Winner: Bayushi Kojiro

--------------------

Elsewhere, not far from watching the battle, Kuni Kaori would explain to Kaiu Kagae. "I am a Kuni. My service is to Rokugan first. The magistrates asked me to use my powers to help the victors first. I'll give priorities to my Clanmates first, but it was the least I could do to repay them for the opportunities today."

KKKLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG!!!

"..." Kaori would look over at Hogai as he dropped to one knee. "And that is why I didn't waste healing magic on myself first. As for your second concern..." She would lean in a little closer with her hands, pressing them rather forcefully against Kagae's wounds while channeling the healing powers of the kami. "Do you not think me capable of standing toe to toe with a bushi? You have another thing coming if that is the case."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 pm
@ Go Competition:

It wouldn't take very long before the Asako caught on to Kyumi's little game. Er, no pun intended.

"Don't think this will be an easy victory for you. I've read many pieces of literature about tactics and strategies in these games. My knowledge on the matter is quite extensive."

Sumi would play almost as if reciting a poem that she had memorized, knowing exactly where she would want each piece to go... and what would be best to counter Kyumi's aggressive moves with some of her own. {Games: Go check of 23 vs TN 20}  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games