Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Geezerville Information Center Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where does she sell sea shells?
  None of your damn business!
  I like toast.
  By the sea shore. Where else?
  That's what -she- said!
  Why do you want sea shells?
  *is now thinking of the 3 sea shells in "Demolition Man"*
  tch... beats me.
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
  Don't know and don't care.
  Gimme my gold! *shakes cane*
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:04 pm
*One of the staff members, getting bored just sitting around at the front desk, playing solitaire on the computer and waiting for the rare person to come in and actually ask for information, decides he's going to get up and walk around the info center for a while. It's not that much more entertaining, but sometimes he just felt the urge to move. This is probably one of the crappiest jobs he's ever gotten himself into stare Maybe what he really should be doing is looking at job listings...

He checks on the computers in the back, makes sure they're on stand-by to save energy, gathers up small bits of trash left sitting around here and there, organizes the bookshelf, turns the lights off in the men's room... then turns it back on a moment later when he remembers that the lights have to remain on since there's only one light switch for both bathrooms and it's in the men's room. He thinks to himself that the owner of the place should really do something about that, since some unsuspecting woman could end up finding herself in the dark if some guy turned out the light, either purposefully or accidentally.

Eventually, he makes it back around to the front, stacking up the index cards by the suggestion box neatly. There, he finds a Halloween flyer has been left sitting there. His initial thought it that it's probably trash that's been sitting around the info center, but looking over it, he realizes that it was probably meant for the bulletin board and wonders what lazy person didn't just hang it up themselves, or at the very least inform the staff that it was there. rolleyes He takes it over to the cork board that is just a few steps away from the suggestion box and pins it up, also taking the time to clear the board of other flyers that have gone past their event dates.*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:44 pm
-leaves a sticky note with the front desk offering up EE again for trick-or-treating- biggrin heart  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:23 am
*Walks into the Information Center after receiving a message about the "trick or treat" event. Stares at the man behind the counter who has his head on his desktop and is drooling all over his keyboard. rolleyes Finds a piece of paper and pen to write a note. 3nodding

She's tempted to take the stapler and staple the note to the top of this guy's head, but opts to just use tape. She carefully tapes the note to the guys head and then leaves covering her mouth so she doesn't laugh out loud and wake him up. lol

Note
Please register MW as a "trick or treat" destination.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:29 am
Reisen was fatally injured in a bad situation and chose to become part of Rei rather than cease to exist. Rei is now the full owner and I only keep Lunar Rabbit Reisen in the guild so I can edit the first post of the Gensokyo Diner... if people ever want to go there again. I'm actually considering considering asking that the thread get locked or deleted because nobody goes there anymore.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:14 pm
*wanders by and sees a sign-up notice for trick-or-treating. She turns to the man behind the counter* You can add Aqua Springs to the list for trick-or-treating. ^_^ *checks for other notices, then leaves*  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:22 pm
*up at an odd hour, he goes in to check on the sign up sheet, getting a few strange looks from the staff due to having climbed in through the window. He goes ahead and adds the Cabana Bar to the bottom of the list since no one currently claims ownership to it*
Guess I really should be working on getting the rules all sorted out...

*climbs back out the window and heads home*

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:50 am
Among all her errands today Anira told Liada that All Hallows Eve would be arriving in time and had told her of the trick or treat event. Sounding like fun Liada stops into the info center and sees the attendant at the desk asleep and sighs. stare Looking around she finds the pin up on the bulletin board and signs up Ilsilme Rusco and The Den for the event smiling. Hm....I should do a themed dance for IR too now that I think about it...Walks out of the center pondering about the said dance.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:18 pm
*checks in on the sign up sheet again after climbing through a window. On the one hand, it's nice to see more threads signed up this time, but on the other, more threads means more chance for people to get sketches*
Xsa... stare

*posts up the preliminary write up of the rules*

Trick-or-Treat Guide
Geezerville Trick-or-Treating

Out of laziness and to cut back on reading, I'll try to make this as simple as possible.

How to Play:
Post in the threads listed below and roll one 100 sided die. If the number is even, you get a treat. If it's odd, you get tricked. The game will be running for the entire month of October. The two people with the most treats and tricks will get separate prizes.

Rules:
1. One trick-or-treater per player. I don't care if it's a mule, npc, robot-alien, etc.... as long as it's just one.
2. You must include the phrase "trick-or-treat" in your post. {Note: "Trick" is the word of the week in MW from 10/24 to 10/30 and you will be subjected to the RN punishment for saying it. Trick-or-treat at your own risk}
3. You can only trick-or-treat once per thread per day. It's considered a new day when the daily chance carts pop up. {3am eastern, 2am central, 1am mountain, 12am pacific.}
4. Tricks are to be done by someone other than who is being tricked. It's not as fun if you decide your own misfortune.
5. Tricks should be good natured and non-lethal or permanently scaring.
6. Roleplaying is not required, though it is encouraged.
7. Keep track of your score in each post. I will be tracking them as well to make sure the numbers are accurate, but I can make mistakes.
8. Don't complain about getting tricked. That's part of the game. If you don't like your character to be in bad situations, then either use a different character you don't care about or don't play.
9. If the thread you post in isn't on the list, it won't be counted.
10. Trying to use more than one account to increase your chances will disqualify all accounts from the game. This is your warning.

Special Numbers:
1. Doubles {11, 22, 33, 44, etc. } will get you two tricks/treats depending on if it's even or odd
2. 11 on October 11 will double your entire trick score.
3. 22 on October 22 will double your entire treat score.
4. 82 will get you a free sketch. Additional rolls of 82 will get you either additional sketches or a better quality piece... whichever you'd prefer.
5. 20 will get you an RN pass at MW, meaning if you say the word of the week and don't like your RN punishment, I will pay the 10k to get you out of it. If you're Psyzapp, I'll be paying whoever caught you. Pass is only good for a single use.
6. 100 will get you something off your wishlist {so long as it's around 10k}. If you don't have anything cheap on your wishlist or I can't see your wishlist, you get some random shitty gold shop item that's probably a lot less than 10k.
7. 13 tricks you into reducing your highest score by 1. If gotten on October 13, your highest score is reduced by 13. In the instance your highest score is less than 13, it's simply reduced to 0.
8. 1 tricks you into giving one off your highest score to the next person in the same thread to roll an even number.
{in the instance no one rolls an even number after you, 1 is still taken off your score. It just doesn't go to anyone.}
9. 31 on October 31 tricks you into reducing your highest score by half.

Point deductions based on "highest score" mean whichever is highest at the time you roll the number. So if you have more treats than tricks, it reduces your treats and vice versa.

In regard to free sketches, you can cash in immediately for a sketch, or you can wait to see how many times you roll 82 to improve what you can get.
Once = 1 sketch {single person only}
Twice = 2 single sketches, 1 couple, or 1 inked picture {single person}
Thrice = 3 single sketches, 1 single and 1 couple sketches, 3 group sketch, 1 couple inked, or 1 flat color {single person}

More than that will need to be further negotiated, but know right now that I will not draw more than 3 people in a single image. I can say that 4 rolls going toward an image of a single person will at least earn shading, but you will need more than 4 for better quality shading.

Approved threads:
Geezerville Information Center
Everywhere Else
GGG Most WANTED
Aqua Springs
Cabana Bar
Isilme Rusco
Fae's Den

*starts to wonder if it should be a 200 sided die instead*

Posting this now so any questions or confusion about how the game works can be sorted out -before- it starts.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:47 pm
She entered the center and dropped off a note, offering MWEET for trick or treating. She slipped out as quietly as she had entered and headed back to MW.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:08 pm
(Ok, I'm done with the Gensokyo Diner for now, unless a change of thread ownership can be done. I might give Reisen her 9000th name change and make a new character...)  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:03 pm
Rei Inaba
(Ok, I'm done with the Gensokyo Diner for now, unless a change of thread ownership can be done. I might give Reisen her 9000th name change and make a new character...)

If you'd like, I can put "Thread Closed" in the title at Gensokyo and lock the thread up for you.

Or, we could just close the Diner, keeping the Apartments open, as I believe some Geezer's live there from time to time.
3nodding

Edited.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:20 pm
I've removed Gensokyo from the "places of interest" list on the front page.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:54 pm
ThisEmptySoul
I've removed Gensokyo from the "places of interest" list on the front page.
Faerie raises a good point. I think I'll reduce the diner to being a lobby and relaxation area for guests and residents of the apartment complex.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:55 pm
So, do you want me to put it back on the list, then?  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:05 pm
The apartment portion. The diner is no longer a business unless you count vending machines and arcade games.  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff