Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
General "Art Update" Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boxers or briefs?
  Boxerbriefs
  Get off my lawn!! *shakes cane*
  None of your damn business.
  Bikinis
  I like toast.
  What does this have to do with art?
  Boxers
  Boyshorts
  Briefs
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:46 pm
Wasn't going to do another one of these, but did anyway.
WIP 2

Elliptical brushes make my mouse writing look less sloppy emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:45 pm
Finished  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:04 pm
YAY!!!!!! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 pm
That looks absolutely amazing!  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 am
I approached the coloring a little differently for that one than I had for other ones just to see how it would come out and I think the results might not only be better this way, but also a little faster. It also helps that the tools in CS5 work a little differently and more efficiently than CS2 {what I was previously using}.

For "ChocoIcy" ... or IcyCake {I've named files for that one both ways sweatdrop } I used large, soft round brushes to put in the initial shadows, then went back with the burn and dodge tools to add more depth, darkening shadows in some places with the burn tool and adding highlights with the dodge tool. And of course, lots and lots of smudging. *abuses his smudge tool*

In this one, I used a medium sized, hard round brush to put in simple shadows {which gave it kind of a cell-shaded look, as can be seen in the WIPs I posted}, then took a larger wet brush along the inside edges of those shadows, and smudged like crazy xd Used burn and dodge for deeper shadows and to add highlights.

Of course, some artists would say that I'm not an artist at all if I'm using smudge, burn, and dodge rolleyes

Probably be spending today getting housework that I've been neglecting done and maybe start working on Faerie's sketch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:15 pm
*hijacks thread* it's been around 6 months-ish since I last picked up a pencil so here is my comeback sketch. emotion_facepalm

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/kai_lucas/Facebook/Mobile Uploads/535740_354729107898071_100000829531255_921830_653496935_n.jpg  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:30 pm
Well... that's a hell of a lot better than the kind of sketches I was doing after having not drawn for a long time emotion_facepalm And that hair is so.... so... emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:13 pm
lulz yay. I started out the hair intending to be lazy with it, but it turned out to be a series of fortunate accidents since I was mostly drunk when I was drawing that part. Fun fact: it took me about a 5 days and 8 smirnoffs to finish. I don't really drink all that much, but I'm finding out my muse is an alchoholic. On a different note though, your coloring is a whole 'nother level above mine.  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:37 pm
Now if only my drawing was on your level, then I would be invincible!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:32 pm
This is going to be hell to ink if Faerie decides she likes it emotion_facepalm *hides shoes* If not, I would honestly prefer to just try again than try to fix this. I personally don't like anything about it, but given the hair and outfit, I'm not sure I'll ever draw something along those lines that I like, hence why I didn't automatically decide to just try again like I did with katana's. With katana's, I at least already knew that I could do better. This one... not so confident.

I've also been lurking around the request forum {which I really need to stop doing stressed } and ended up taking up
this request. I probably won't be fleshing it out for a while, but this is the very rough concept I have for it. Final image will have yogurt on the boobies emotion_awesome Yes... yogurt ninja  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm
I'm looking forward to seeing how that last one ends up... I have a feeling it's going to be very... educational. cat_3nodding

:edits: just finished a request myself. Now I can cross the hand heart thingy off my list of things I want to draw. whee

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/kai_lucas/Facebook/Drawings/475939_357905837580398_100000829531255_931678_1446926607_o.jpg  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:51 pm
Those hands! eek *envies* crying  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:18 pm
Hands... @_@ cat_crying

I like that picture for Faerie. I wouldn't count on a response from her anytime soon though, unless she decides to deal with her son's super-slow laptop to get online...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:28 pm
That's fine. I have other things to work on in the meantime.

Also, figured I would mention that I used
this as a reference for Faerie's image. Mine looks nothing like it crying  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:53 pm
Well, you did draw it from a different point of view. The reference is viewed from higher than your drawing.  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff