Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[M&M 2nd edition] 1 AZ - Issue #1 underway! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brains
  Brains
View Results

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:43 pm
I'm gonna guess a long day and a lot of threads to respond to, both or either.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:19 pm
Mackie the Knife
The weapons were set up to match the ones in the equipment list. The Assault rifle w/ Autofire is the most expensive at 15 points so I made that the base power, with all of the alternates coming in at lower costs. He asked for stats for a pistol, a shotgun, a sniper/hunting rifle, and an assault rifle, so that's what I wrote up. If he wants to add more weapons to the list, anything that costs 15 points or less is an alternate power. If it costs more than that, it become the new base and Assault rifle becomes an alternate.
The way I wrote my example, he would roll to see what gun he finds when he activates the Weapon Summoning power, and he keeps that gun as long as he uses a free action every round to do so (Duration: Sustained).
I chose a Move action for the power because that's the action required to draw a weapon.
The real question I have is: is it legal to put flaws on an array that specifically affect how it functions as an array, rather that affecting the functioning of the individual powers?

I was looking through Ultimate Power today, and now it specifies that Alternate Powers no longer have to match the same PP cost as the primary power, that any excess PP are 'wasted'.

So with that in mind, I retract my concerns, and you have my blessing.

Though, knowing that they are specifically the guns in the Equipment section, just be warned that they might not be valid combat options in the distant future. smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:49 pm
So, Rain, Do you have the time tonight or do you have tho leave shortly?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:28 pm
Wire_Colossus
I Think I'm done. Tell me if the math is off.

Junk, Scavenging for Survival and Striking for Supremacy.

Name: June Jones, but goes by Junk.

Power Level: 5

Power Points:

Stats:
Strength: 20
Dexterity: 15
Constitution: 13
Intelligence: 11
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 10

Saves:
Toughness: 5
Fortitude: 5
Reflex: 5
Willpower: 5

Defense: 5
Initiative: +3
Hero Points:

Base Attack: +5
Melee Attack:
Ranged Attack: 0

Skills: 4 ranks Acrobatics, 4 ranks in each category of Craft, 4 ranks Climb, 4 ranks Search, 4 ranks Swim, 4 ranks Knowledge (Arcane Lore)

Feats: 1 rank Artificer, 1 rank Endurance, 1 rank Equipment

Powers:
Scavenged Striker: allows the construction of a 15 point/rank mechanical construct using only materials available in the environment. Requires one whole round to build a construct, half the time there are not enough materials to build a viable construct. Construct remains viable until destroyed in combat.

Mechanics: Summon Minion, Type (General) Extra +1, Heroic Extra +1, Action (full action) Flaw -1, Unreliable Flaw -1, Duration increased to sustained mode at cost of +1 extra PP per rank.

5 ranks at a cost of 3PP per rank.

Equipment: comlink, knife, Masterwork tools.

Complications:

Drawbacks:

Bio/Description: June was always a very inventive individual with an incredible imagination, but she had an obsession…a fixation with scorpions. When she was a small child she had been stung by one, but for some reason she didn’t fear them or hate them. She actually grew to admire them, which affected her work in school and her career. After graduating from high school she started working as her fathers assistant, working and living out of an auto repair shop in the middle of a junkyard. She spent her next 3 years there helping her father and in her free time she built sculptures of scorpions from anything she could get her hands on. After the Zombies came into existence however, she found that her sculptures came to life and served her will. She also found that she could built them from almost anything she could find, so long as three criteria were met. Something to provide structure, something to provide flexibility, and something to provide weaponry. As long as those three criteria were met, she could build her scorpion warriors from anything she could get her hands on.

June is a beautiful young woman of a lean and lithe build, in High school she was the tall extremely thin girl that people made fun of for being thin and tall. Her hair is ginger in color, but her skin color is a natural dark tan from years of being outside in the sun working. His skin tone before highs cool was actually no different than it is now and for the same reason, which was another thing that confused people around her. Her skin was a dark and natural tan, but her hair was the most fierce ginger coloration you could have ever seen. Her eyes were a bright green, almost an unnatural green as some would say, but then again when you come to school dressed in work clothes and you face is smudged with motor oil and grease, your eyes tend to be more visible. Her fingernails, toe nails, skin, and teeth are all well cared for, but her hair is kept about an inch long since June doesn’t enjoy taking care of long hair. She’s 6ft3 tall and in the neighborhood of 140 pounds, but don’t go thinking that she’s overweight. She may be thin and lithe, but her body is filled with wiry strength. Her nose is small, and her ears are long and thin, tapering to points. Some nerds in high school said she was an elf, but the truth is she has a genetic defect that while harmless and extremely rare, has effected her. She tends to wear a pair of long overalls and a long sleeve white T-shirt with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. She’s always wearing some kind of boots.

Can you please list your skills separately? The Craft skills are Craft: Artistic, Craft: Chemical, Craft: Electronic, Craft: Mechanical, and Craft: Structural.

Summon Minion is already Sustained. Did you mean Continuous?

Knife is 4 EP, Comm link is 1EP, and you haven't chosen which tools are masterwork (each Craft skill gets its own set). Without the tools, you're already at 5EP, which is what 1 point of Equipment can get you.

Now, I have you at 80 PP, out of the 75 limit. I have 10 (Strength) + 5 (Dexterity) + 3 (Constitution) + 1 (Intellgience) + 1 (Wisdom) + 4 (Fortitude) + 3 (Reflexes) + 5 (Will) + 10 (Attack Bonus of +5) + 10 (Defense Bonus of +5) + 1 (4xAcrobatics) + 1 (4xCraft: Artistic) + 1 (4xCraft: Chemical) + 1 (4xCraft: Electronic) + 1 (4xCraft: Mechanical) + 1 (4xCraft: Structural) + 1 (4xClimb) + 1 (4xSearch) + 1 (4xSwim) + 1 (4xKnow:Arcane) + 3 (3 Feats) + 15 (Scavenged Striker power) = 80

Also, Toughness comes from your Con Bonus (like Fortitude), plus ranks of the Protection feat (1/rank for +1 toughness), which you have not bought. You can get some armor too as Equipment (Tactical Vest is +4 Toughness for 4EP; if you choose that, you might want to bump your Defense bonus up to +6?)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:36 pm
I didn't know it was already sustained, but I'll keep that point in there for continuous.

No tools then, reduce the toughness to what it should be based on modifiers, and reduce the strength by 2, which i think would put me at 75 points spent, but I'm not sure. You'll have to currect me on my math.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:45 pm
Wire_Colossus
I didn't know it was already sustained, but I'll keep that point in there for continuous.

No tools then, reduce the toughness to what it should be based on modifiers, and reduce the strength by 2, which i think would put me at 75 points spent, but I'm not sure. You'll have to currect me on my math.

Toughness becomes only +1 (which means, when anyone damages you, you have to roll a 1d20+1 roll vs a DC 15+X, where X was the strength of the attack. The quantity you fail by, determines how badly you get hurt.

Mind you, if you don't plan on being in the heat of combat, that's probably not a concern for you.

You'll still have regular tools available, but only when you're not out scavenging and/or heroing.

So far, you've only reduced your 80 PP by 2 (your strength becoming 18.). You need to get rid of 3 more points. That could be a rank of minion, or some of those odd-numbered stats (since every even number gives you another +1; +1 at 12, +2 at 14, etc).

By having a Continuous duration on your Scorpions, they don't fall to pieces if something happens to you. Which is definitely a good thing, especially with a low toughness save.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:49 pm
Then just reduce the strength down to 15 which would take the extra 5 out completely.

If you would like I can edit my form in a word doc and repost the final version here.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:28 pm
The Duration extra was meant to increase the duration to continuous.  

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:07 pm
Wire_Colossus
Then just reduce the strength down to 15 which would take the extra 5 out completely.

If you would like I can edit my form in a word doc and repost the final version here.

Sure?

Just for the record, you STILL cannot get on to mythweavers to use the Sheet Profiler? It would make things EVER so much easier on me.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:35 pm
Unfortunately no I cannot.

Name: June Jones, but goes by Junk.

Power Level: 5

Power Points:

Stats:
Strength: 15 (+2 modifier)
Dexterity: 15 (+2 modifier)
Constitution: 13 (+1 modifier)
Intelligence: 11
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 10

Saves:
Toughness: 5(1 + 4 armor)
Fortitude: 5
Reflex: 5
Willpower: 5

Defense: 5
Initiative: +3
Hero Points:

Base Attack: +5
Melee Attack: +5
Ranged Attack: +5

Skills: 4 ranks Acrobatics (Dex), 4 ranks Craft: Artistic (Int), 4 ranks Craft: Chemical (Int), 4 ranks Craft: Electronic (Int), 4 ranks Craft: Mechanical (Int), 4 ranks Craft: Structural (Int), 4 ranks Climb (Str), 4 ranks Search (Int), 4 ranks Swim (Str)

Feats: 1 rank Artificer, 1 ranks Endurance, 2 ranks Equipment

Powers:
Scavenged Striker: allows the construction of a 15 point/rank mechanical construct using only materials available in the environment. Requires one whole round to build a construct, half the time there are not enough materials to build a viable construct. Construct remains viable until destroyed in combat.

Mechanics: Summon Minion, Type (General) Extra +1, Heroic Extra +1, Action (full action) Flaw -1, Unreliable Flaw -1, Duration increased to Continuous at cost of +1 extra PP per rank.

5 ranks at a cost of 3PP per rank.

Equipment: commlink, knife, tactical vest, lock release gun

Complications:

Drawbacks:

Bio/Description: June was always a very inventive individual with an incredible imagination, but she had an obsession…a fixation with scorpions. When she was a small child she had been stung by one, but for some reason she didn’t fear them or hate them. She actually grew to admire them, which affected her work in school and her career. After graduating from high school she started working as her fathers assistant, working and living out of an auto repair shop in the middle of a junkyard. She spent her next 3 years there helping her father and in her free time she built sculptures of scorpions from anything she could get her hands on. After the Zombies came into existence however, she found that her sculptures came to life and served her will. She also found that she could built them from almost anything she could find, so long as three criteria were met. Something to provide structure, something to provide flexibility, and something to provide weaponry. As long as those three criteria were met, she could build her scorpion warriors from anything she could get her hands on.

June is a beautiful young woman of a lean and lithe build, in High school she was the tall extremely thin girl that people made fun of for being thin and tall. Her hair is ginger in color, but her skin color is a natural dark tan from years of being outside in the sun working. His skin tone before highs cool was actually no different than it is now and for the same reason, which was another thing that confused people around her. Her skin was a dark and natural tan, but her hair was the most fierce ginger coloration you could have ever seen. Her eyes were a bright green, almost an unnatural green as some would say, but then again when you come to school dressed in work clothes and you face is smudged with motor oil and grease, your eyes tend to be more visible. Her fingernails, toe nails, skin, and teeth are all well cared for, but her hair is kept about an inch long since June doesn’t enjoy taking care of long hair. She’s 6ft3 tall and in the neighborhood of 140 pounds, but don’t go thinking that she’s overweight. She may be thin and lithe, but her body is filled with wiry strength. Her nose is small, and her ears are long and thin, tapering to points. Some nerds in high school said she was an elf, but the truth is she has a genetic defect that while harmless and extremely rare, has effected her. She tends to wear a pair of long overalls and a long sleeve white T-shirt with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. She’s always wearing some kind of boots.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:47 pm
Just so you know, Knife has a +1 damage bonus, and criticals on 19-20, does piercing damage, and has a range increment of 10 feet. You add your strength to the damage bonus (15 = +2, so your damage rolls have a net of +3 damage bonus).

Tactical vest gives you a +4 toughness bonus, for a net of +5 to your Toughness saves.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:50 pm
I'll just edit the form in my last post. I think my math on point spending is right. If it is acceptable after the final corrections, let me know.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:54 pm
Seph Baelzara
Got introduced to this thread a few hours ago. Finally got thinking about your M&M campaign. Only to have my mind took a tangent off to Zombies Ate My Neighbors, trying to figure out how to make a squirt gun deadly xd

But, me being who I am, move straight to the spell-casters, and the like, first. So I'm struggling between some kind of illusionist-made-reality, and the aforementioned deadly squirt gunner (with some accessories).

Any update on this, Seph? Haven't seen any posts from you since your first/last one.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:55 pm
There. Edited. I think I understood your post correctly. Tell me what you think, if it's acceptable when you have the time.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:55 pm
Laertes Ursus
Right, I'll shift a few things around.

Rain Yupa
Let me know when it's properly tweaked smile

Laertes, is your sheet 'finalized' yet? Still waiting for word from you if it's 'good to go' or not.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff