Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:12 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I Hope You Dance

Lyre felt a hand cover her mouth, then heard the treat of Xavier getting hurt. She couldn't let him get hurt for her foolish actions! The evil laugh just made her heart break a million ways, terror setting in. The tiny girl was quivering quite badly, tears forming in her wide eyes.

A hand moved to stroke her long, red hair, which freed her mouth at the least. Whomever it was knew her name, which only served to scare her more. When the hands finally released her, a gentle kiss was placed upon her cheek, making the girl squeak.

Violet eyes turned to look at the person, only widening when they saw just who it was. His acting skills?! He scared the heck out of her! "X-Xavier?!? You scared me half to death! Why would you do that?! I nearly stabbed you in the head with a knitting needle!!" The girl dropped her now tangle of yarn and needles to the floor, then launched herself at the boy, wrapping her arms around his neck. She buried her face in his shoulder, still shaking like a leaf. Her arms went tighter, a tear rolling down. She was definitely not Gryffindor like Xavier.

"I'm so glad you're not hurt."

IceGrayWolf

{OoC:}

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin'
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:37 am
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                              All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon
                                                              We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                              But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Saddeningly guilty
                                                              Thinking : Please don’t hate me, please don’t hate me, please don’t hate me
                                                              Doing : Comforting
                                                              Where : Study Area in the Library
                                                              With : Lyre

XXXXXXX And everything looked fine to him. Until he frowned because of the panic in Lyre’s voice. ”I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. It’s just that you look so concentrated and I thought that—” He didn’t even get to finish his response when Lyre suddenly launched herself at him, causing the brunette to blink. As he felt her arm tighten around his neck, his arms wrapped around her waist. “I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry,“ he continuously repeated as he comforting her as he rubbed her back. He repeated on apologizing, even after she said that she was glad that he wasn’t hurt.

”I’m so sorry. I won’t do that ever again. Promise.” He held her closer to him, not wanting to let this shaking girl away from him. He drew a shaky breath, then held Lyre’s face with both his hands then made her sad face look up. He first stared at her violet eyes before kissing her. About five seconds later, he didn’t know, he pulled his lips away and hugged the girl again. ”I’m so sorry…” He placed his forehead on her shoulder before sighing. ”I’m such an idiot for doing that. I hope you’ll forgive me…

“Hell, you can slap me now if you want…”

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                              It doesn't matter where we are
                                                              It'll be alright
                                                              Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                              There's nothing we can do
                                                              Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                              No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                              You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

Miss GryffindorK

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:30 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

I Hope You Dance

Lyre didn't pay much attention to Xavier's chants of "I’m so sorry," instead, she curled tighter into him. She didn't move, until her gently tilted her face up, then kissed her. Violet eyes went wide, both in shock and confusion. After a few seconds... minutes... hours, she pushed away a bit, blinking.

Xavier laid his head on her shoulder, as though he were on the verge of tears. The redhead couldn't just let him be sad, now could she?! Lyre gently pet his back, humming softly. "Xav, I'm not mad. Not even a bit." She hummed a bit more, still rubbing his back. "You're more than forgiven, and you're not going o get slapped. My arms aren't very strong anyway." Her tone was slightly teasing, which was odd for the rather uppity Ravenclaw. Oh well. Hopefully he would calm down and go back to being her silly Xavier.

IceGrayWolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:50 pm
User Image

User Image

All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon

Mood : Mischievous again
                                                              Thinking : But of course, it won't stay in my mind for too long...
                                                              Doing : Comforting

XXXXXXX Xavier didn’t even want to look at her eyes, even after he had kissed her, and just kept his head on her shoulder. He felt the familiar soft and tiny hand of hers on his back as her voice found it’s way in his ears. Everything she just does… it makes him feel better. He raised his head to meet her eyes when she replied that she wasn’t mad. ”Are you sure?” He wanted to confirm. The whole school—okay maybe just about half or a little bit more—can hate him. But please not Lyre. Then she continued. He relaxed his shoulders when she said that she won’t slap him, but the last part of her sentence brought a grin to the Gryffindor. “You have weak arms?“ He took her wrist and placed her palm on his cheek. ”Need I remind you that these almost stabbed my head with a knitting needle?” He teased, as he landed a soft kiss on her palm and returned it to where he took it.

Oh he’s back, alright.

”You are just… amazing.” His smile was still plastered on his face, but his voice was honest and sincere. And I just love you so much. But he only managed to recite the words in his mind. He was still afraid that Lyre might reject him.... Idiotic Xavier, heh.

It'll be alright

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ: I’m so sorry for being late. I had a couple of problems and school is literally slowly killing me.

You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

Miss GryffindorK

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:51 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

I Hope You Dance

Lyre kept up her Xavier cuddling, particularly when he asked if she was sure. The redhead gave a little nod, then kissed the top of his head. "Of course I'm sure." When he grabbed her arm and laid her hand on his cheek, the girl looked a bit confused. At his mention of her having almost stabbed him with a knitting needle, Lyre giggled, blushing. "Indeed I did. Though, if Force is equal to the Mass multiplied by Acceleration, that means I'd have to be moving really, really fast if I were to be able to penetrate your temple bone, which is the thinnest in your skull." She beamed happily, proud of her knowledge. When the boy gently kissed her hand, she gave a soft, excited sigh. He was such a charmer! "You're amazing too, Xavier. I'm lucky to have such a great guy in my life."

IceGrayWolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:28 am
User Image

User Image

All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon

Mood : Ecstatic? and Curious
                                                              Thinking : Oh Mom, if you just met Lyre, you'll surely love her,
                                                              Doing : Asking... then helping her later?

XXXXXXX Xavier let out a stubborn sigh as his eyes stared at her violet ones. ”You sound like my mom, you know. And you’re kinda like the same. Stubborn, witty, loving, sweet, careless, and most of all… beautiful. Even before—” — she died He managed to stay the last parts of his thought in his mind. A lump grew in his throat just at that reminder, and he managed to swallow it back. He shook his head lightly and smiled at her. Then when she started talking about how fast she would need to be to be able to thrust that needle up his skull, he just grinned wider. “You wouldn’t need all that speed if you want to injure me with those knitting needles. If time came, I’ll just let you.“ The words just poured from his mouth. And he knew what it meant. He just prayed for Lyre not to know; which would be hard because she’s a Ravenclaw.

Then his grin felt like he would rip his face apart. With just fifteen words, she managed to make him look dorky. ”And hopefully, I won’t need to go away. My life has been jumbled up ever since I set my foot here in this school. And when I met you in that masquerade it just…. went brighter.” He patted the shorter girl’s head then pointed his chin towards some remaining yarn on the table. ”I wanted to ask this when I saw you. Whatcha been making here? Hat? Sweater?”

It'll be alright

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

Miss GryffindorK

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:54 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

I Hope You Dance

Lyre blinked when the boy began comparing her to his mother. That was probably the sweetest compliment anyone had ever given her, and that it was he who said it only served to make it sweeter. When he stopped suddenly with "even before," the girl turned her gaze upon him, a curious, yet reserved sort of emotion. Vaguely, the redhead wondered what he meant, but she also knew it could be very rude to ask. For now, she would just wait for him to tell her.

Violet eyes widened at his next words. If the time came... he'd let her stab him with a knitting needle? That was... oddly cryptic. She thought more on it, pondering his inflection. Did that mean a time would come where she'd need to injure, or even kill him? She opened her mouth to speak, but got cut off by his words.

He wouldn't leave? She made his life brighter? Lyre blushed a bit, grinning. All of a sudden, attention was turned to the messy yarnwork she had set on the needles. "Um... well, it's supposed to be a scarf... I think. I'm not good enough to make a hat, and a sweater just sounds hard! See? It's red... and I also got some yellow yarn..." She faded her voice, blushing more. The girl lifted the needles and did her best to look busy, hopefully avoiding the question as to why her first two colors weren't for her own house... but in fact, the house of a certain someone.

IceGrayWolf

{OoC: Has this. I has sleep. Night night! Love you, Icy Pants!}

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:28 pm
User Image

Muggleborn // Single

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Darren walked into the library and sat down at an empty table. He propped his feet up on the table and opened his Charms textbook. His intention was to study, but he doubted he'd actually manage to do so. How Cait managed core classes and electives, he didn't know, but he'd have to learn pretty quickly. Next year he had to choose electives to take. That sounded pretty bad. Darren ran fingers through his hair and sighed, flipping a page and trying to find something interesting to read about.

User Image

Sir Spazalots

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:29 pm
Rawwry

Staring up at the midnight Sky.
I wonder what it would be like to fly.
As I soar past and it's a storm in my soul.
Now I'm ready to let go. Now Let's go.
Ready to live the Best Night Ever.
Come with me and this will last forever.

User Image

Ash walked into the Library, pulling out his textbook on Charms he saw that Darren boy he had met at the feast. "Hello. Do you mind if I join you? I just don't want to take a whole table for myself." he said with a smile as he waited for him to answer. I wonder if he could help me with my Charms... he thought.

Let Us Go: Library, study area :: Let's Forget the Pain: Bored :: Just us together: Darren :: Forever together Single ::

Now Lets Go. Let's Fly. Let's Soar.
And forget the pain that was around.
Just a view of the midnight sky.
And a simple question of why.
I set off and I fly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:07 pm
User Image

Muggleborn // Single

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Darren looked up when he heard a voice. It was that first year that asked about the ceiling. He quickly let his feet drop to the ground and sat up straight. "Uhhh, yeah. No one is really sitting here anyway. I mean, I am, but no one else is," he said and caught sight of the younger boy's book, "Reading up on charms, as well then?"

User Image

Sir Spazalots

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:56 pm
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————User Image
    .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
    яανєи¢ℓαω нαℓf-вℓσσ∂ 1ѕт уєαя

oooPiera was settled in the near left corner of the study area part of the library. She had come to see the library on the second day of being here at Hogwarts and was very impressed and let down all at once. The library was very impressive looking and they did have a lot of books. But very few of them were works of fiction, and there were next to none of her favorite 'muggle' books sadly. What little there were were reserved for a type of class about muggles. But she was here not to read but to work on her homework.

It was Friday afternoon, after they finished Herbology. The young Ravenclaw had taken time to clean the dirt off of her before gathering her things and heading here to take care of her homework. Originally she planned to just do it in the Ravenclaw common room, but it was a bit crowded for her tastes. All of the older Ravenclaws got the better seats already and were studying intently. She felt a lot more comfortable here. Or she would if she wasn't trying to make sense of this Transfiguration homework.

"Nngg...why does magic have to have math in it?" The pigtailed witch grumbled as she stared at 'A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration' with a hopeless expression. She was attempting to read over the first chapter but it had a complicated looking formula that she was still struggling to understand and apply.

σut σf cαndу:ooThe Blue Trio~ Wasn't sure if Kas and Echo were there yet so left it open ended.

ωhεɾε Library, Study Area. oooo ωσи∂єяιиg Why do witches and wizards need math? oooo ωเtђ Kas and Echo. oooo wєαríng Ravenclaw Uniform and Robes.

Greycast

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:07 pm
    Rawwry

Staring up at the midnight Sky.
    I wonder what it would be like to fly.
    As I soar past and it's a storm in my soul.
    Now I'm ready to let go. Now Let's go.
    Ready to live the Best Night Ever.
    Come with me and this will last forever.

User Image

Ash smiled at the boy as he allowed him to sit, "Yeah, I just don't understand how it works." he said shaking his head. "I guess that's what happens when you were raised by, what is that term? Muggles?" he said as he sighed. This is all so confusing. he thought as he sat down, setting his bag on the floor and opening the textbook.

Let Us Go: Library, study area :: Let's Forget the Pain: Bored :: Just us together: Darren :: Forever together Single ::

Now Lets Go. Let's Fly. Let's Soar.
    And forget the pain that was around.
    Just a view of the midnight sky.
    And a simple question of why.
    I set off and I fly.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:28 pm
    User Image
    Echo is...spacespacespacespace
    CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish at the Libraryspace
    CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
    CURRENTLY WITH // Pieraspacesp
    CURRENTLY FEELING // Amusedspacespa
    CURRENTLY THINKING // 'She has a point...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ You can really have no notion how delightful it will be
    When they take us up and throw us with the lobsters out to sea. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
    ════════════════════════════════════════════════

Echo had come to the library looking for a quiet place to read. They'd only had a week of lessons, and everything so far had been simple enough, so he wasn't really all that concerned with studying just yet. But, the Common Room was crowded, and the castle was loud. The library seemed like the most likely place to find a quiet corner to read in. But, before he could find that corner, he found Piera. He approached her from behind, chuckling as he overheard her comment about magic and math. He raised a hand up and tapped her gently on the shoulder, hoping that he wouldn't scare her or anything. He wasn't trying to sneak up on her, after all. He'd just happened to have been behind her. "I've been wondering that myself," he said, careful to keep his voice down so that they didn't get in trouble for being too loud. Libraries were supposed to be quiet, after all. He shrugged. "I'm pretty sure that equation is way more advanced than anything we'd be doing out our age if we were in a muggle school... I don't know for certain, but I think my dad said as much when Gypsy told him about it over the Summer." His sister'd had a good laugh about it, too. She was a natural at Transfiguration, after all. Changing from one thing to another was second nature to her. She'd only been doing it to herself her entire life.

His expression grew a bit thoughtful.
                                                            "The equation's not really necessary, though, to do Transfiguration. I mean, it's nice to know it and all, but you can do it other ways. If you really need help, you should talk to my sister. She's basically a Transfiguration prodigy." Gypsy wasn't so great at Charms, or Defense Against the Dark Arts, but Transfiguration? She was brilliant at that. He hated to admit that she was better than him at literally anything academic, but it was true.

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                            ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ But the snail replied, "Too far, too far," and gave a look askance,
                                                            Said he thanked the whiting kindly but he would not join the dance. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:10 pm
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Moving as quickly as he could without running, the redhead strode his way towards through the library towards the study area, steps light and quick with only the distinct sound of swishing robes to be discerned. To say that he was experienced in this certain field was an understatement. After all, when one shared a house with a gluttonous cousin who competed with you for the rest of the food in the residence and an etiquette-appropos ghost, one had to learn how to survive in such a difficult environment.

Spotting the head of braid, Kas made his way through the crowd, weaving through the tables before he stopped at where Piera was sitting. Oh, he was late and he knew it. Giving both of them a wave- - - he had noticed Echo with them when he pulled up in front of the table, the redhead sank down in a seat, slightly out of breath from his traipse from the kitchens to the library. He had taken a brief detour to the kitchens for a snack before it and was quickly regretting it- - - or not. The food was good.

"It's unforgivable, I know, I apologize, I lost track of time," the composed boy said in one breath, slightly less composed now but still dignified in appearance, of course. The kitchen's discovery was a distracting thing, he realized that, but the house-elves had no match in their skill with food.

Hopefully Piera wouldn't completely wring him out to dry with this little faux pas of his.

Piera Touko

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
    • Conversationalist 100
    • Contributor 150
    • Peoplewatcher 100

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
    • Forum Regular 100
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Friendly 100
    PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:36 pm
      _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————User Image
      .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
      яανєи¢ℓαω нαℓf-вℓσσ∂ 1ѕт уєαя

oooPiera was focusing intently on the book in front of her and jumped in surprise when she felt a tap on her shoulder, letting out a small, "Eep!" of surprise. It wasn't very loud, but loud enough for the few people in the vicinity to glance at them in vague curiosity or disapproval so that the first year girl blushed in embarrassment before turning to see who had been trying to get her attention. "Oh it's you Echo. Here sit down. Sorry about that...I didn't hear you behind me. You've been wondering..what?" Then her brain finally caught up with her and she realized he was talking about what she had just said out loud about magic and math. "Oh!"

She looked up at him as he talked about the Transfiguration equation and muggle math. But she was more interested when he said that the equation wasn't necessary to do Transfiguration. Doing a double take from the book and back to Echo, Piera's eyes were wide as if she wasn't sure which one to believe. But when her fellow Ravenclaw advised her to talk with his sister, Gypsy, as she was Transfiguration prodigy, the pigtailed witch squirmed, looking down at her lap. "I don't really know her though... I asked Kas to help me but I think he must have gotten caught up with something. Maybe...you could help me Echo?" Piera looked back up at him hopefully. To be honest, she was a little intimidated of her friend's sister, though she knew she was nice and very friendly.

That was when the form of a red headed Ravenclaw zoomed through the study area towards them, somehow managing to be going very fast without actually running. As Kas collapsed into the chair opposite her, Piera sprang up in concern].
                            "Kas! Are you alright? Just breathe..." As he managed to finally speak before going back panting, the pigtailed witch shook her head in exasperation. "Whats unforgivable is you giving yourself an asthma attack just to get to a study date. It's not like I would have died if you would have just taken the extra time to walk. You aren't even that late because I had to take a shower after Herbology. That dirt gets everywhere..." She was a bit more relieved to know that nothing was wrong, as she had first feared when she saw him...fast walking.

σut σf cαndу:ooThe Blue Trio~

ωhεɾε Library, Study Area. oooo ωσи∂єяιиg Was he really worried about being late just to help me with my homework? oooo ωเtђ Kas and Echo. oooo wєαríng Ravenclaw Uniform and Robes.

Greycast

Cara MiaKitty

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas