Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How old were you when you knew you were Different? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lissomia

Friendly Sleuth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:30 pm
Around 10ish (seven years ago, wow!) when I had the biggest crush on this girl in my grade who looked exactly like Yuna from Final Fantasy X! whee

And when I was in Kindergarten, this girl kissed me on the first day of school and the next day she disappeared, I was so upset! crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:19 pm
Ever since i could remember i wanted a boy toy with my happy meal. So i was never really like the other girls. Ever,  

Kidkid9816

Bullet Sonata

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:47 am
I don't remember exactly when I realized I gay, but I think I finally had a name for it around 3rd or fourth grade, you know, when kids first start to pick on one another. Looking back on my childhood, I definitely had already had some experience. I remember this summer camp my father put me in when I was five. There was this one kid, whose name I forget, and he and I became best friends. Of course, on every field trip we went on we were buddies (you know that dumb thing adults do called the buddy system where they make you attach yourself at the hip with a random kid). Me and my buddy did everything together, regardless of whether or not we were on a trip. I remember during nap/relax time we used to pull our cots together and just hold hands. I never met him again after that one summer; funny thing is, all I can really remember him by is his super pink p***s.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:26 pm
It was a year ago, I'd been having dreams of falling in love with this woman, but I never could find out why. Also, I'd had a crush on my best friend, and when I was told she was Bisexual, I decided to see if I really was, or if it was just my mind playing with me. I took on an online girlfriend, but she was very, very sexual, so it scared me off for a while. Yet, eventually, I fell for my now ex-girl friend, and here I am today, single and without a preference, really xD girl or guy, whoever loves me, well, loves me :3

Tessy Roxana

Durem Player

DeanHavoc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:43 pm
I knew for sure when i was 14 suspected it when i was 10.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm
Gah, every since I can remember? I've always been very tomboyish. I'd chase girls around the play ground in my younger elementary years, before I became too shy. When I was around 9 I started realizing I was forming crushes on more girls than guys. As of now I'm not sure if I'm bi-sexual or lesbian. sweatdrop Oh well.  

Farzine

Shameless Lover

9,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Kurotsuke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 am
Let's see~ well when I was about 7 years old I was good friends with this girl and guy, but after a while I noticed I had a little crush on the guy since I loved being around him(plus I plain thought he was hot) xd he confessed to me but I was such and idiot lol I freaked out and told him I only liked him as a friend cry I partly did it cuz I knew one of my friends liked him so....yeah.....I wonder how he's doing now~ emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:37 am
I think I've sort of always known. I remember being in kindergarten, when all the parents would fawn over the little crushes, I was pushing a little girl off the swing telling her that she had cooties.
I was always such a little boy growing up, and when people would tell my mom she had a cute son, when she'd try to correct them, I would shush her. "No mom, they had it right."
But then, I never thought it was weird to have a crush on a girl. I didn't learn there was anything "different" about it until middle school when a girl from my church group told me I was going to hell.  

dreadfully_jareth

Dapper Hunter

900 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tristnai

Wealthy Explorer

7,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:04 pm
I realized when I was curious about what yaoi was, and searched it up... Then i realized I'm gay. i was about... i think i was 14...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:14 pm
18. I woke up one day and said, "Hmm, I sure think about p***s a lot...." So, I tried fapping to some p***s. Haven't stopped since. But I still like some female parts, too.  

Hiru Harada

Seeker

5,950 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200

2ndAndSebring

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:19 pm
Just in general about being different, I kind of knew that when I ignored the Barbies my mom gave me so I could play with my brother's Hot Wheels and wanting to be Buzz Lightyear for Halloween despite my mom's argument of "But you're a girl". Oh yeah, and so far every teacher I've ever had mentioned me being different than the other kids to my parents. To be honest, that kind of worries me...

I think I kind of figured out that I was asexual by the fact I never really liked anyone or thought about people that way. Like once during lunch someone commented about this band bracelet I had and asked which one I thought was "hottest" and I just said, "Uh... am I supposed to have an opinion?" I heard people talk about how they wish the could have sex with some celebrity or whatever and I would just be thinking "why would you do that?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:14 pm
I was 11 when I went skinny dipping with my friend Ben for the first time. He taught me what masturbation was. Eventually and not long after he taught me about other things too ^^; I realized then that I knew, and I didn't know there was a word for it until then. My mother sheltered me. But when I think back to before I knew I was gay, I always thought Casper was cute when he got to be a boy, and I played with the neighbor girl a lot too : Girls chased me around and kissed me a lot though, so I never knew lol.  

Kamorynth

satvrnvs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:10 pm
I can't say there was ever really a defining moment in my life when I suddenly had the epiphany that "Oh, I dig guys instead of girls." I've, for as long as I can remember, known I was different.

It wasn't until I was around 12, when I actually realized exactly what that different was, and the negative connotations of it that are held by society. I had been rather expressively told that being homosexual was a sin, and that gay people are headed straight for hell, when I voiced my curiosities. Thus which spiraled me into many many many attempts to deny what I knew was truth. I didn't fully come to terms with my sexuality until I was around 15, which was 3 years ago. Fast forward to today, I'm out to most everyone besides my family & don't really care what other people think of it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:07 pm
I can't really say there was an age or a moment when I was like, "Oh my gosh! I'm gay!" haha.
No, I can't say that.
To me, and this is how it is for me, I kind of always knew.
Uhm. . . -thinking- You'll have to excuse my life story here haha.
I guess When I was around 10 [12 years ago] my dad and I had "the talk", and we all know what the talk is for a normal pre-adolescent child.
Well, I wasn't normal. I was 10 and already knew a lot about the birds and the bees and our reproductive body parts.
I was a very very unsheltered child.
I had all of these older kids around in my neighborhood and since they were the only kids I could play with, I started picking up on everything they talked about and stuff.
Naturally they talked about sex and drugs and school crushes and all that jazz so instead of learning about things from my parent's, I learned from 13-17 year old guys which is, believe me, not the best way to learn.
Of course this was the late 90's so it wasn't horrible; better than the early 2000's haha.
Anyways. . . -thinking again- I really am sorry for the life story I know none of you will actually read it.
Moving on to when I was 13. . .
When I was 13, I developed my first crush on my best friend Addam and I didn't know it was a crush for the longest time.
Mind you that this guy was a couple years older than me and he was super religous, like "The Bible is my way of life," religous.
Now that I think back on it, that part of him pissed me off a lot.
Well, for a year, me and this guy hung out almost all the time and I unknowingly started developing feelings for him.
When I turned 14, I had a better understanding of sexuality and all that jazz so I figured out I was gay.
Up until this point in my life I really didn't care about my sexual orientation; all I knew is that if you didn't like girls you were different.
When I found out I was gay, nothing really changed for me. I knew I was gay, I accepted the fact I was gay, and over time I let other people slowly adapt to my sexuality.
I think the one thing that I probably should've done different was come out to my friends first, but I didn't. I came out to my parents first which is a big deal to some people. Thankfully, my mother didn't freak out and accepted me on the spot. Dad is a different story and is still a different story. A story I will not tell right now since I've taken up so so much typing space as it is, haha.

Anyways, that's my story. My story with no real meaning behind it, just putting it out there. Hit me up if you want to.

~Cherry/Sheen

Hot n Fun

ii Jamie Kym

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 am
It's safe to say, since I was born. When I was little, I used to wear my mom's heels and dresses. And I would call myself Jeanette, instead of my biological name, Johnny. When I was 10, my mom started buying me women's clothing to public and school. I already had long hair and I started dying it. When I was 12, I started taking estrogen and my breast started to grow and my voice got higher and more womanly. At 4th grade, I developed my first crush on who later became my best friend. 2 years later, I told him my birth condition. He wanted to know more about it. When we got to middle school, he starting dating girls which used to eat me up inside. Just this year(junior year) in June, I told my secret that I had a huge crush since we first met. He responded by just kissing me. Now we're dating. He is my first kiss, my first love.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff