Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:36 am
Hello Everyone,

I feel that it's only fair for me to reintroduce myself to everyone, especially to our new members. In the "real world" I'm Ron Cauvin. On this Guild you can either call me Ron or Smithers I will answer to both. What I bring to this Guild is my Love of going to Anime / Cosplay conventions (11 and counting), an ever growing interest in Anime, a Cosplayer (3 Outfits so far), and being a Cosplay Photographer since 2009. I have taken hundreds of photos of cosplayers and have done a few photoshoots. You can see my work and check out my many photo galleries on my Deviant Art Page which their is a link in my Gaia Online signature.

I tend to be friendly, laid back and have many interests outside of the Convention / Cosplay world. I'm very big on Science. I took every Science Class that was offered back in Junior High and High School. I have an associates degree of Science in Electronics. I collect Rocks, Minerals, and Crystals. I Love hiking, Nature, and Bird Watching. I like to watch Anime (I have a large collection of DVD's and Blu Ray), Science Fiction. Fantasy, Horror, CSI and shows like Criminal Minds.

As for Anime series my all time favorites are Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Naruto, Soul Eater, Evangelion, Bleach, xxxholic, Chobits, and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. Check out my Profile page to learn even more about me. When you check out my profile page you will notice right away that my favorite Sailor Moon scout is Sailor Mars. smile If you want to know what I look like check out the photo of me wearing my Celtic Cleric cosplay outfit from Dungeon and Dragons on the "your face here" thread. My favorite Holiday is the one that I was born on, Halloween!! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:03 pm
JesterofCogwheel
Rogue-dono
JesterofCogwheel
By the order of Vice Captain Smithers I must introduce myself! I'm a Canadian cosplayer and have been ate ending cons for 4 years and making cosplays for 3 years. I am currently at Artisan level competition-wise. I've made 13 cosplays now and am working on 4 more currently. My best cosplays so far are Dremora from skyrim, Tira from soul calibur 5, and Midna from the legend of Zelda.

Another Skyrim cosplayer!!! I'd love to see your Dremora! biggrin

My page in my sig has some photos but theyre pretty blurry. what skyrim cosplay do you have? and aaaah you have a BJD too! surprised

I've got a Dunmer, Cicero and my Dovah as a High Elf. smile Im currently working on Nightingale armour for my Dunmer. <3

I will check out your page! biggrin My page is here  

Rogue-dono

Beloved Vampire

8,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divine Donator 100

Fire Ako

Sparkly Noob

9,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:39 pm
Hey guys! I'm 21 years old and I'm from the state of Washington. I started cosplaying in the end of 2012.

I enjoy doing computer drawings from time to time and I make my own costumes and trying to figure out the non-ghetto ways of making clothes.

I love love love kigndom hearts, sword art online and FLCL. I also love all the outfits from Love Love! School Idol Project and hope to cos them soon!
My favorite coventions have been ECCC, Anime Revolution and Fanime.

My cosplay name is Princess Xerxes, but usually, my friends just call me Xerxes at cons. Although some other people refer to me as Princess... i don't know .__.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:18 pm
My name is Rachel. I am an 18 year old anime fan, hobbyist cosplayer, and con-goer. I enjoy watching anime, LARPing, and D&D. I have been to fewer cons than I'd like, mainly sticking to Anime Boston for the past 4 years, though I have attended PAX east and one other small anime con in New York. I am currently working with a friend who goes to many cons year round and is a professional costumer to see if I can't attend some cons with her, and also to improve my cosplay costumes. My two favorite anime right now would have to be Durarara!! and Shiki. I love sushi, chocolate, and pumpkin pie.

Here is my MAL Profile for anyone interested in what I watch / like:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/yessibella  

Umaki Sarahuma

High-functioning Lunatic

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:47 pm
Hello all. I am Stephanie. I am 22 and I live in WA. I love Yu Yu Hakusho, Gurren Lagann, and Attack on Titan. Non anime I love Star Wars, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, and shitty Syfy movies *cough*sharknado*cough*. I sew, write, act at a local theatre, and play D&D. I've been cosplaying for 4 years and recently got my boyfriend into it. My cosplay has been on hold for a few months since I quit my job and I've been in school but I want to get Potema the Wolf Queen done for ECCC and eventually Ember Prime from Warframe for PAX. My signature cosplays as of right now are Octavia and Merida.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:46 am
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
Hello all. I am Stephanie. I am 22 and I live in WA. I love Yu Yu Hakusho, Gurren Lagann, and Attack on Titan. Non anime I love Star Wars, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, and shitty Syfy movies *cough*sharknado*cough*. I sew, write, act at a local theatre, and play D&D. I've been cosplaying for 4 years and recently got my boyfriend into it. My cosplay has been on hold for a few months since I quit my job and I've been in school but I want to get Potema the Wolf Queen done for ECCC and eventually Ember Prime from Warframe for PAX. My signature cosplays as of right now are Octavia and Merida.

Hi Stephanie, I happen to like Star Wars and Star Trek a lot myself. I'm also into D&D. Check out the photo that I posted of myself on the "Your Face Here" thread. I'm dressed up as an Original Celtic Cleric D&D character. I'm also big time into Disney and being a Cosplay Photographer I have taken photos of many Disney related cosplayers. I have an album on my Deviant Art page that has all of the photos that I took of Disney cosplayers including Merida. I own the Attack on Titan series. I've been curious about the Yu Yu Hakusho and Gurren Lagann series but haven't had a chance to watch them yet.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:24 am
smithers456
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

Hi Stephanie, I happen to like Star Wars and Star Trek a lot myself. I'm also into D&D. Check out the photo that I posted of myself on the "Your Face Here" thread. I'm dressed up as an Original Celtic Cleric D&D character. I'm also big time into Disney and being a Cosplay Photographer I have taken photos of many Disney related cosplayers. I have an album on my Deviant Art page that has all of the photos that I took of Disney cosplayers including Merida. I own the Attack on Titan series. I've been curious about the Yu Yu Hakusho and Gurren Lagann series but haven't had a chance to watch them yet.

Thats awesome! I've been thinking about cosplaying my Warmage. I actually ended up meeting my boyfriend through D&D he was our dm. Have you ever played the star wars tabletop? Gurren Lagann is pretty great. Yu Yu Hakusho is amazing if you love 80s/90s anime.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:34 am
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
smithers456
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

Thats awesome! I've been thinking about cosplaying my Warmage. I actually ended up meeting my boyfriend through D&D he was our dm. Have you ever played the star wars tabletop? Gurren Lagann is pretty great. Yu Yu Hakusho is amazing if you love 80s/90s anime.

I played table top D&D back in the 1980's when it first came out. I also played the Star Trek version which I own. I also use to play what was called Star Fleet Battles. I do have the Star Wars table top Role Playing Game but I have not tried it yet. I do like Anime from the 1980's and 1990's many of my favorite series come from that time period. Check out my Gaia profile page to learn more. I also have come to Love many new series as well. Those two series you mention are on my list to check out. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:59 am
Hello friends,

Figured I'd drop in and say hello! My names Aurora, I'm a 26 year old cosplayer down in good old San Diego, California.
mmmm I guess I should tell you a bit more so, here it is~

Game List: Kingdom Hearts series, FFVI, FFVII, Elder Scrolls, Many MMORPGS, ACNL (feel free to trade codes with me), Atlelire Totoori, to many games.
Anime: uh... this one might need to be under a cut..
Furuba/Fruits Basket
Pretear
CardCaptor Sakura
Sailor Moon
Samurai Champloo
Parnioa Agent
Scry-ed
Bleach
Trinity Blood
KiKis Delivery Service
Mermaid Melody PichiPichi Pitch
.Hack//Sign
.Hack//Legends
Petite Princess Yucie
Princess TuTu
Ouran Host Club
Final Fantasy:AC
Full Moon O Sagashite
A Few of the Sonics
Strawberry Panic
AKB0048
Aikatsu
Yona of the Dawn
UtaPri
Hime-Chen
Higurashi no Naku Kuro Ni
Umineko

Cons: AX, SDCCI, Anime Conji, Hanadoki, Naka Kon(not since 2006-7), Anime Fest Wichita(not since 2007), ALA, PMX, Ani-Jam (not since 2010). I feel like I'm forgetting some, haha.

I'm also into LOTR, Star Wars (Mark Hamil is a family friend, kind of can't not be into this haha), Star Trek(older series), Winx Club, Horror Genres, Random Youtubers.

I also co-founded and co-own a convention based Maid Cafe.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:25 am
for one, i am know nby MANNNNNY NAMES!!! but really, everyone just calls me either Kyoko or Noire himesama. my absolute most favorite anime's in the world are Yuru Yuri, Dusk Maiden Of Amnesia, and mmmmm i havent seen them yet but im betting Ebiten and Love Live will also be in there....i also love Haganai and Elfen Lied, Another and Yu Yu Hakusho, and i hate the anime but my absolute mos tfavorite game out there is the Danganronpa series.
I just turned 23 though i'm known as being 19 too hahah which leads me to a bit mroe about me, i'm a DJ and working on becoming a professional Cosplayer and a Producer and hoping to get a bigger fan abse than just my friends and 3 strangers this year hahah. i've attended con's for 7 years, this will be my 8th year. oh i also sing too and like to do acting when its fun :p. my favorite food doesnt matter, because im health conscious so i try not to eat it too often. in reality I am a transgender and i always cosplay as female characters because its who i am, i also am working on having my own thing with my cosplaying stuff, becoming known for crossover cosplays. there's more to me but yup bout it for now :p, and obviously, my favorite character of all time is Kyoko Toshino!!! biggrin .

oh yeah, im also a gamer too, i only play on the Vita and PS4 though, used to play on xbox but...next gen stuff took all my attention away, i ahte pc gaming, cant afford it and its racist against people who are legally blind and colorblind (yes i am both), i had xbox live for 9 years before i discontinued my subscription, have had PS+ for a year now i think not very long. oh yeah, i also am in the KS/MO area and always go to the anime conventions here and hope to go to the two in/near chicago some day (i have a long time best friend who i want to attend her's with that is well there!).
NOW thats everything :3  

Noire himesama

Keikke

The Committee Staff Camper

2,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:51 pm
Hi! My name is Marisa and I'm currently 14 years old. Some hobbies of my are drawing and playing the ocarina (It looks like the Ocarina of Time 3nodding ).

I also like animes such as Attack on Titan, Mirai Nikki: Future Diary, Tokyo Ghoul, Deadman Wonderland, Sword Art Online, Black Butler, Death Note, and Darker Than Black.

I've also never really cosplayed in public before unless at school on Halloween or on random days at school counts (Probably does). But I do make almost ever cosplay I wear instead of buying it, but they're primarily simple since I never really have the money to really buy any fabric.

I at least have the cosplay for Nepeta Leijon, Karkat Vantas, Kankri Vantas, and Gamzee Makara; They're all from Homestuck and I'm going to dress up as Nepeta for Costume Day at school tomorrow (Pictures will be up tomorrow).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:38 pm
Rambunctious Capricorn
Hi! My name is Marisa and I'm currently 14 years old. Some hobbies of my are drawing and playing the ocarina (It looks like the Ocarina of Time 3nodding ).

I also like animes such as Attack on Titan, Mirai Nikki: Future Diary, Tokyo Ghoul, Deadman Wonderland, Sword Art Online, Black Butler, Death Note, and Darker Than Black.

I've also never really cosplayed in public before unless at school on Halloween or on random days at school counts (Probably does). But I do make almost ever cosplay I wear instead of buying it, but they're primarily simple since I never really have the money to really buy any fabric.

I at least have the cosplay for Nepeta Leijon, Karkat Vantas, Kankri Vantas, and Gamzee Makara; They're all from Homestuck and I'm going to dress up as Nepeta for Costume Day at school tomorrow (Pictures will be up tomorrow).

Welcome, welcome! It sounds like you have fun with your cosplays! I'm supposed to make Sollux from Homestuck to match up with my friend's Karkat! You'll have to post your Nepeta in our photos thread! I can't wait to see it!  

xinitia

Crew

Keikke

The Committee Staff Camper

2,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:55 pm
xinitia
Welcome, welcome! It sounds like you have fun with your cosplays! I'm supposed to make Sollux from Homestuck to match up with my friend's Karkat! You'll have to post your Nepeta in our photos thread! I can't wait to see it!

Cool, and I've been planning on uploading a picture on here before or after school.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:41 pm
Rambunctious Capricorn

Hi Marisa, welcome to the Guild. smile Our Crew Member Xinitia can help you out with making cosplay outfits feel free to send her a message and check out both the tutorial and Cosplay Help sub forums.

Also check out the Anime, Videogame, Manga, discussion Sub Forum. I'm working on starting official threads to post in about specific Anime series. As time goes on that Sub Forum is going to have more official threads. I noticed that you like Attack on Titan. That Official Thread is already started. Check it out and feel free to post your thoughts in it about the series. Have fun checking out the Guild. smile Oh I happen to be born on Halloween. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Pretty Petticoat Princess

Newbie Wife

3,150 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:11 pm
Hello! I'm Maggie. My favorite anime are Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii, Bakemonogatari, Sailor Moon, and Madoka Magica. I'm 17 years old. I enjoy lolita fashion and cosplay. My most recent cosplay is Youmu from Touhou Project. I live in the south and the only convention i have attended so far is Anime Weekend Atlanta but i hope to go to Momo con and Dragon con some time in the future.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff