Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:11 pm
They say They don't trust
You, me, we, us
So we'll fall If we must
Cause it's you, me And it's all about
It's all about It's all about us

VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

ELLIRYANNA LAURELIA MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw Beater and Gryffindor Chaser|||Pureblood|||Second Years|||

User Image
User Image
Ver walked slowly into class her mind wandering as she listened to the lecture, only half paying attention. Usually she was enthralled in History but at the moment she couldn't get herself to focus. The first quidditch game of the year was tomorrow and although her team wasn't playing, Elli's was. It would be the first time Elli had played Chaser and Ver was worried she would get hurt.

Elli slipped into class and took a seat next to Sun. She was sad he had quit the team, but she also felt that him quitting the team kind of meant that Cam had gotten a spot on the team which was great. She smiled at the boy before resting her head on the desk and daydreaming. She wasn't particularly interested in History... at all.
OOC:...

If they hurt you They hurt me too
So we'll rise up Won't stop
And it's all about It's all about
It's all about us

I'm always screaming my lungs out 'til my head starts spinning
Playing my songs is the way I cope with life
Won't keep my voice down
Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud

JASLYN ADDYSON ROSS

Wearing

|||Slytherin|||Pureblood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Jaslyn walked into class and immediately pulled out some parchment and a quill. She wasn't taking notes however, instead just doodling and sketching on the paper. Without even meaning too, she began sketching out Chance's face from memory.
User Image

Love interest: Chance?

Let's leave no words unspoken
And save regrets for the broken
Will you even look back when you think of me?
I know to keep my hopes up high
And my head down low

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:20 pm
User Image
User Image
Single Second Year Ravenclaw Pureblood Beater

▶ When darkness comes I'll light the night with stars ◀
▶ When darkness comes you know I'm never far ◀

╒═════════════════════════════╕

cнᴀɴcᴇ quickly slid into the classroom and took the seat beside Jaslyn. Writing down the notes and lecture, he made a note to work on his penmanship. It truly was quite awful. Stealing a glance at his best friend, he saw that she was not taking notes, but doodling instead. On her parchment he saw his face. "Wow. Is that me? It's wonderful." he whispered to her. He had no idea she could draw that well. He learned something new every day, he supposed.

╘═════════════════════════════╛

You'll never be alone...
Hear the whispers in the dark...

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:35 pm
I'm always screaming my lungs out 'til my head starts spinning
Playing my songs is the way I cope with life
Won't keep my voice down
Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud

JASLYN ADDYSON ROSS

Wearing

|||Slytherin Reserve Seeker|||Pureblood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Jaslyn gulped and blushed bright red when she realized Chance was looking at her drawing. She covered it up quickly and blinked up at him, trying to will away her blush. "Uh...." She said quietly. Jazz nodded silently, blushing even brighter.
User Image

Love interest: Chance?

Let's leave no words unspoken
And save regrets for the broken
Will you even look back when you think of me?
I know to keep my hopes up high
And my head down low

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:39 pm
User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

----------------------------------
State: Expectant
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:44 pm
User Image
User Image

☀☀☀ The stubbornness I had as a child has been transmitted into perseverance. I can let go but I don't give up. I don't beat myself up about negative things ☁☁☁
☛☛☛ Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate ☚☚☚

Xavier walked to the last class of the week, History. He found the class interesting, especially about the topics last year. Especially the Chamber of Secrets. He sat down his seat, placing down his quill and notebook on the desk, ready to write down stuff he would need. Review what they learned last year? Sure he was interested in the topics, but he wasn't quite sure if he would remember some.
" I remember that the Chamber of Secrets was built a thousand years ago. The chamber can only be opened by a heir of Slytherin, and when opened, a monster would be released. Since Salazar Slytherin, one of the founders of Hogwarts, was a parselmouth, the creature was a snake, a basilisk. The chamber has been opened twice, both because of Tom Riddle, who later in life became Lord Voldemort. " That would be the his general knowledge about the Chamber, unsure of what more was discussed the previous year. But he do know that he was right about the explanation he gave about the chamber. Since, he was pretty much addicted to the topic last year, and read the specific topic about that in the book.

►►► Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness ◄◄◄
☣☣☣ You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life ☢☢☢

Mᴏᴏᴅ : Happy, Excited
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ: Though I still want to know more about it...
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Answering
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : History of Magic Class ( 10:00 - 10:45 am )
Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Second Years, Professor Powell

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Gryffindor/Second Year/Single/Pureblood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

With: The class

User Image

Yvette came into class and took her seat, taking out her notes just in case she'd need to write anything down. As a topic for review, she noticed a couple of the students piping up, Xavier about the Chamber of Secrets. She nodded quietly, trying to remember what else they had covered. Well, she remembered that they had talked about the history of Hogwarts, itself, so she thought that she would use the opportunity to add on to Xavier's answer. "The school itself was founded by Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. It is from them and their respective personal values that we gained the four houses, and the sorting. Slytherin, of course, had a different idea of which sort of students should be accepted at the school, specifically Purebloods, and that is when he created the Chamber of Secrets to house the basilisk and use it to purge the school of all those who, in his mind, were unworthy of studying magic." Sitting back in her seat, she smiled. It felt good to be back.

User Image

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:48 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History of Magic: Friday - (10:00am to 10:45am)

David dragged himself to History class. The last class he had for the week. ‘Why does history have to be mandatory?’ he questioned slightly. He really hated history it was boring and downright uninteresting. Sadly it wasn’t like he could get out of it. David planned on running from history as soon as he had a chance which sadly wouldn’t be for a long while.

Taking a seat in the back of the class he didn’t really want to be there. At the word review David rested his head on his desk. ‘Maybe I can fake sick and get out of class…’ he pondered. He decided it wasn’t worth getting a howler later from his mother or father for avoiding class. Instead he remained silent not wanting to give an answer as he was afraid he might have to elaborate on the topic he could possibly bring up.

Listening to the answers that Xavier and Yvette gave David was impressed. Yet he couldn’t understand how they remembered anything they learned last year. He had completely forgotten the information that was stuffed in his head for history and yet they could rhythm stuff off like it was just taking a minor break. ‘Why can’t I remember that much…?’ he thought wishing he knew what they talked about all last year.

With: Second years

Quidditch Position: Seeker
List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:57 am

User Image
User Image

✿✿✿ Serafina skipped to History class, her soft curls bouncing up. She entered the classroom with glee, bouncing up to her seat. She listened to the Professor as he asked the class to have a recap on what they learnt last year. With that short request, the Slytherin's bubbly personality dropped to a frown. Great. Just great. In history class last year, she spent most of her time in class talking to Iris. As she heard Xavier and Yvette's answers, nothing popped in her mind. ' I should've listened...' she thought, playfully twisting her quill. Oh wait, she did listen. She opened her mouth, ready to answer, but then she realized that it was already a part of what Xavier said. Hmmmm. she furrowed her eyebrows, making herself remember what they discussed last year. She ended up with none. The brunette let out a soft sigh, biting her lower lip as she played with her fingers. What good is her great memory if she doesn't listen? Time to put this brain to good use. But since she doesn't know what to say, she just stayed quiet, nodding in agreement. ✿✿✿

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ: Troubled
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Trying to remember

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ : C'mon brain, remember at least one thing

Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Second Years , Professor Powell

Out Of Cookies:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:10 pm
User Image
User ImageUser ImageXUser Image

❝The story of your life is so twisted 'cause someone out there is missing everything you do
The story of your life is unwritten, so put me down as your ticket; don't even fight it
Leave behind your troubled eyes; See brand new what I can do; Just say yes if you really want me to❞
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ah, History class. Annabeth enjoyed this particular class a bit more than others. It involved a lot of reading and writing and less to no spellwork. It was a win-win for her. She took a seat next to a boy from her house, wasn't his name Xavier or something like that? A quick peek into her notebook confirmed the answer. She greeted him with a smile and turned to the front of the room where the professor was asking for a recap of last year. Thankfully, Anna actually payed attention in this class, and answered easily. "We discussed the history of brooms, if I remember correctly." It felt good to put her little bit of information into the discussion, like she actually existed in this class. Anna wondered if they would be learning anything new today, or if they would just be reviewing. Still, you couldn't be too careful. She took out a clean piece of parchment and her lucky pen, ready for anything the professor decided to throw at them. As she waited, she found herself tracing the flowery design on her journal with her index finger. Up, down, left, right, her finger swirled across the cover as her other hand propped her head up on the desk.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝We can stay like this or go, go, go; We can take it too fast or take it slow
We can spend our lives oceanside, or count the stars in the desert on a magic night
You can lie awake in bed, or come and sleep with me instead
If you give me one chance to take your hand
I'll fill the empty pages as you write the story of your life❞

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:47 pm
Never had much faith in love or miracles
Never wanna put my heart on the line.
But swimming in your world is something spiritual
I'm born again every time you spend the night

User Image
User Image

✮Unknown OriginsSingle❤♬ Musician by NightHufflepuff☢BeaterLionel

▂▃▅▆█
Tobi sprinted to class curses flying inside his mind as he rounded a corner and spooked some poor third year he almost ran into as he finally made it to the History classroom breathing heavily and practically outright panting. Looking around he saw that the class was partially full and broke out in a grin when he saw Anna sitting with an empty seat beside looking positively thrilled at being in this class. The nerd...but she was his nerd so he guessed he could overlook it. Sliding in the seat he flashed her a jaunty wave a grin before looking around and listening to the question and the long answers. Tobi didn't exactly have an answer having stopped paying attention in class since that first fiasco of a first class and the fight that had commenced. Ahh, good times. Still feeling heated from his run Tobi laid his cheek on the cool desk top and waited for the professor to speak again.
█▆▅▃▂
Wearing
[OOC:]

heather030595

Cause you make me feel like, I've been locked out of heaven
For too long, for too long
Yeah you make me feel like, I've been locked out of heaven
For too long, for too long
Can I just stay here?

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:33 pm
User Image
User Image
Single Second Year Hufflepuff Halfblood

❝Heart beats fast... Colors and promises... How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?❞

Iяɪs was indifferent about being in this class. Personally, she would rather be in Charms class right now, learning a new spell. Or maybe in some art class. Yes, she would have to sign up for those classes next year. Taking her seat, the Hufflepuff was silent and alone. Poking at her textbook, she sighed. Maybe Jared or Autumn or Night or Jacob would show up to keep her company. A girl could only hope.

{ooc: I'm just full of short posts today. .___.}

❝But watching you stand alone? All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow... One step closer...❞

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:29 pm
【❃ ιris Ӈaruno: Șecond ϒear ɢryffindor ❃】
тhey say before you start
ϒou better know what you're fighting for

ϒeah, they still say I'm a dreamer..

User Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Iris smiled as she sat in History class. It was just something about learning about the past that fascinated her. Now she was ready for a whole new year of learning History. The first thing the professor asked about was what was learned the previous year. Xavier and Yvette instantly spoke about the Chamber of Secrets and the History of Hogwarts. Thinking that she had something to add to otherwise pretty good response, Iris added in her two cents.

"To continue with what Yvette said Professor," Iris said, "Those that Salazar Slytherin didn't believe were fit and through for unworthy of being in Hogwarts were those that were born from Muggle families. Those called Muggle born or Mud-bloods, a derogatory word. Unfortunately some of those sentiments are still felt in the world today. Also we learned....."

She thought about to her day when she got in a argument with one or two of the students about History... "History is a very touchy subject for some... and can lead to heavy and very loud debates.."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Mood:
Company:Iris,Serafina, David, Yvette, Xavier

ω
ell baby, you are all that I adore,
ɪ f love is what you need
Ʌ soldier I will be

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:46 pm
User Image
User Image
✰ Single ✰ Second Year ✰ Hufflepuff ✰ Orphan ✰ Pureblood ✰

✰ Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky like shooting stars? ✰

`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*

ᙅᴀιи slumped into his seat. He really, really, really would rather be elsewhere right now. History was a boring subject. Not like Advanced Flying, which he was looking forward to taking this year. The feeling of the wind in your hair and the sight of the world beneath you... Oh, it was wonderful. It was either that, or he could be in the Great Hall, munching away on various snacks. Mmmm... His stomach growled at the thought. Cain sighed, and sat up, deciding that he better pay attention if he were to do well in this class.

`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*`•.,¸,.•*¯`•.,¸,.•*

✰ I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now ✰

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:56 pm
User Image
User Image

☀☀☀ The stubbornness I had as a child has been transmitted into perseverance. I can let go but I don't give up. I don't beat myself up about negative things ☁☁☁
☛☛☛ Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate ☚☚☚

Xavier listened to all their answers, writing it down as soon as he heard the words. After a few moments, he felt someone sit beside him, so he turned his head to check who it was. It was a fellow Gryffindor. Annabeth, he assumed. When she smiled, he smiled back. She answered about the history of brooms, which he forgot. He looked around, noticing that most of the class are lions. Maybe the others are late? When there was silence in the room, he looked at his seatmate for a moment as she played with the cover of her journal.
" Hey there, " he greeted, hoping to get her attention. And when he did, "I'm Xavier. Annabeth, right? I don't recall us talking to each other even though we're in the same house. Care to be friends? "

►►► Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness ◄◄◄
☣☣☣ You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life ☢☢☢

Mᴏᴏᴅ : Happy
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ: A chance to have a new friend!
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Being friendly
Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Second Years, Professor Powell

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

heather030595

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:28 am
User Image
☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽

I knew you were trouble when you walked in,
So shame on me now,
Flew me to places I've never been,
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground.

I am Twelve years old, a Second Year Ravenclaw student. I am a half-blood standing with History of Magic II students on Friday between 10 and 10:45 and wondering Pay attention Shayna!.

User Image

Shayna scooted quickly into the room, being slightly late. She hadn't meant to be late, it just kind of happened... Well that and one of her shoes had gone missing... She hadn't exactly found it so she was wearing her slippers hoping that no one would notice... She sighed quietly as she took a seat next to David and Serafina. She had barely caught the last of what was said when she realized they were reviewing what they had learned last year. Okie dokie, I don't remember anything like this.... Why don't I pay attention, oh wait because I was distracted by this cute brown haired boy next to me.She thought and then smiled a little bit happier, now that she remembered she had sat imbetween two friends. One her new boyfriend, and one her new best friend. That is exactly what she was going to consider Serafina from now on.

(O.o.C.)

User Image

I want to Scream and Shout,
And Dance the Night out.
And Scream and Shout,
And Go All Out

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers