Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Saviors of Arlae - Fantasy "Campaign" - NEEDS VILLAINS/Open Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 pm
Valena gave Calcifer's question serious thought for seemingly an eternity, which to be frank, lasted about five seconds or less. "Well...I suppose I do have one or two ideas in mind..." she spoke, feigning innocence before dawning a wicked grin beneath her shady hood. "I've always wanted to steal the tome of a powerful necromancer. With the way they fondle them, you'd almost think that they were more into those things than they were their undead thralls." Afterwards, the woman couldn't help but let out a small bout of hearty laughter. "I wouldn't destroy it, of course. That would just end the fun right then and there."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:09 pm
User Imagexxxxxx Lady Arathel of Desmarais Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxxThe Tamerxxx ⊹⊹⊹ xxxUnofficial Princessxxx ⊹⊹⊹ xxxAspiring Queen

Arathel smiled from under her hood and nodded at the Gnoll saying, "Once that crown is on my head and I possess the entire land of Arlae in the palm of my hand, we shall take a trip to that undisclosed location. For this, however, there are certain... Shall we say... strange missions I will have you do first but it should prove no difficult task to a warrior, such as yourself, worthy of possessing such an item. I will teach you how to traverse the tomb. But if you can make it alive through the many arduous trials of Harin's tomb is entirely up to you. I can only accompany you up to its supposed gates, which in itself would be a trial, even for me, for the forest, desert and other things that encase it are rather dangerous. Don't expect anyone else to tell you. They're either in hiding, pretending not to know or..." She whispered darkly, "I killed them"

She then chuckled a little knowing this might be a little too much for the gnoll though he should be careful lest Arathel find him useless or unusable and be placed under a heavy sedation spell and instead be ransomed off for hefty sums and be used instead to raise her reputation as 'The Tamer'.

She raised her hood finally, revealing the luminescent pale skin under it, the beautiful heart-shaped face and the well-proportioned mouth and lips. The pale violet eyes, furthered enhanced with light purple eye shadow pierced darkly at the gnoll now as her dark nature was revealed. Her slightly messy but otherwise straight and flowing lavender hair draped neatly around her pale face and glimmered in the sunlight so she gave off the appearance of an angel. It was messy towards the top and adorned with a gold ornament but the waist-length lavender hair was mostly bound in a crisscross fashion with dark-colored ribbons and other such fancy materials. Her very appearance and the mere sound of her voice affected people in varying degrees, causing most of which to fall in love and blindly become her pawns and devoted subjects. This, however, was still not enough to win her the crown as strong oppositions presented themselves, much to the ambitious half-elf's disdain.

"Now then." She began, "I suppose you would like to know the identity of who you're doing business with." She did not continue further, knowing people often described her in such exaggerated fashions as deserving of her unnatural beauty although the lavender hair often adorned with fancy adjectives such as 'flowing', 'shiny', and 'beautiful' as well as the pale skin described as 'radiant', 'glowing' or even 'snow white' were key aspects to the icon that was Arathel the Tamer - educated noblewoman, virtuoso musician and supposed 'master' of the art of archery.

"Also note," She said again, "that attempting harm towards myself or any allies in my quest, directly disobeying my orders, falling out of favor or deliberately defiling my name or any ill reference to my nature during the course of this quest will result in the deal being called off. After all, if my head is in exchange for knowledge on such an item, I better make it worthwhile, no?"

She turned to Alice now, still holding her hand in a maternal nature and raising a dainty pale finger to her dark red lips, "This applies to you too, okay?" She laughed softly and almost inaudibly, already so fond she could just snap a finger and adopt the girl. However, it should also be noted that she changes favor very quickly, thus resulting in former apples of the eye to become mere memories, or at worst, dead.

(( Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ OOC: ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

Smells-Like-A-Cookie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:02 pm
Lucien made it to the city, so much had chaned in the fee months he had been gone, crowds of homeless on the streets, violence around every corner, truly this place had gone to hell.
Lucien found his way to the nearest tavern, all he needed now was a little rest and drink then he would continue. When Lucien stepped into the bar everybody turned to look at him, there wasn't a single pair of eyes that weren't on him. He walked up to the nearest empty table, immediately a waitress came up to him

"what can I get you sir?"

Lucien barely paid any attention to the woman as he looked around the room, the glares he was getting he could tell something was about to happen, and it was going to happen to him.

"just get me some water"

He said to the woman, she merely smiled and walked away. No more then a few seconds later a man pulled out a chair and sat opposite of Lucien on the table, he glared at him momentarily before he unsheathed a sword. Lucien laughed when he saw the blade, he knew what this was now, a man seeking vengeance, possibly for loved ones Lucien had taken from him.
The man gritted his teeth as Lucien laughed, finally he had enough and stood up, buy like a flash of pity Lucien had grabbed the sword and swung it across the man's neck. The man reached up trying to stop the blood flowing from his neck, unfortunately it would fo nothing, he fell to the ground and bled out. Soon after the woman brought him a glass of water, she acted oblivious towards the body at her feet, Lucien smiled knowing he wasn't going to get any more trouble from the patrons in the tavern.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:33 am
Nar looked tiredly down at the young girl as she chirped so annoyingly about friends and whatever bullshit. "Shut up," he commanded firmly. Stupid kid. He was going to bite her neck open the moment she fell asleep. He was not going to forget what she had done. Nar's keen eyes then went to the woman then as she spoke, and something struck a chord about the first thing she said.

"Wait," Nar interrupted the moment Arathel stated his prize would only come when that ridiculous plan of hers was complete. She instantly went on another long drawl about dangers and other crap. "Shut the f*ck up." The Gnoll wanted her to track back to what she started with. Had she been serious about her first point? Did she think she could take advantage of him like this?

Nar did not trust her word on it in the least. When she was Queen? What sort of f*cking timeline was that? She might as well have said she would tell him about that stupid place when pigs flew.

Certainly the item she spoke of had great value, but when someone tells you they're willing to let you in on secrets about myths and rumors - but only when you make them royalty, you gotta think something is a bit awry. Nar had been expecting something a little more substantial to say the least. The empty phrase he took her words for held no value, and it was making him mad.

"Who the h*ll do you take me for?" Nar spoke sternly and his right hand formed into a fist. "You think you can just pay me off with a sh*tty promise like that? You cheap wh*re! You better f*cking convince me out of gutting you on that spot, or your quest ends here," the volume of his voice was rising ever higher and more threatening. The Gnoll flexed his sharp-clawed fingers eagerly, quite ready to stab them into something. People did not come out well of a scenario where Nar found himself disrespected.

"Why don't you take me there now and I'll have an easier time cutting down everyone else in your name?" Nar growled darkly. Besides his greed to obtain that weapon, there was certain logic in the idea. If she wanted to hire him she might as well provide him with something to hit her enemies with. What better than legendary magical arms?

The woman went on to lower her hood, and Nar instantly growled in discomfort at the unnatural sight. What sort of freak was this one then? His dim eyes twitched as they got used to the disgusting sight of a discolored humanoid. She was as pale as the long dead. He swore to himself in his head, if this was another of those supposed celestials with their f*cking light magic and wings, he was going to tear her apart. He remembered back painfully to the last time he had to fight, and kill, an angel. Such a headache. Though her scent had long since confirmed her very mortal nature. Naturally Nar found little appeal in the appearances of any other species but of his own, even if he only rarely came across other Gnolls.

"I don't give two sh*ts about who you are and what the job is, I just need payment," the beast replied harshly, still needing that clarified. That approach was of course natural for any good head hunter, or assassin. No names, no record, no knowledge - it was a job of death. Nobody existed, because if you existed you could be hunted, and killed in revenge.

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Arathel knew such resistance was inevitable but she wasn't just going to take a half-assed warrior insufficient of her needs to such a great weapon, especially knowing this one. She chuckled a little, knowing he probably knew which popular name of the time she was by now as she had long identified which popular name he was - the demon of Arlae. Well, if he did, he would probably think she was acting peculiar judging from the praise usually given to her sweet, innocent and honorable ways. Well, some people really aren't as the rumors say.

She said in the same melodic voice, "That would serve ill for my needs. If I just told you where the weapon is and how to get it, there are probably only two ways you will go from there judging from your reputation and past actions. If you succeed in taking the weapon, you will kill me." This, she said with conviction. "And if indeed even you, the great Demon of Arlae, are no match for the trials of Harin's tomb... Well then... What use have I for the dead?"

She chuckled, "It occurs to me now that you indeed probably don't want it anyway to be so harsh on the one person that can guarantee to get you even halfway through towards it. Perhaps I can find someone better suited for the weapon than you after all. Hiring you as a mercenary for heaps of gold doesn't even sound like a good idea anyway since your reputation to kill even your employers. Now then, I suppose we cannot come to an agreement after all. We shall take our leave then"

Arathel smiled and gently tugged on Alice's hand, saying, "Come now. We're on a journey to find more friends" She then turned and began to sing a song directed only at Nar that would leave him unable to follow the pair with the only available direction he could go away from them as his body would be repulsed at even attempting to go in the same direction as the pair. Naturally-speaking though, it would just seem that he would be repulsed by the eerie sound of the song and unable to pursue them. Amadeo quickly caught up and cantered beside its mistress.

"'Kshe, Adel lye. N'tess sina gothamin. Vara tel' Seldarine tuulo' sina Ohtar gnoll. Iava ho. Vara tel' Seldarine tuulo', tinechor Iye tuulo', Elandili ar' edan."

(( Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ OOC: Translation: Evil one, behind us. Hold this monster back. Protection from the warrior gnoll. Yield him. Protection for, shield for - this half-elf, human pair

Geesh. That translator is so senstitive and word-picky! XD ))

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:37 am
If I show you, then I know you, won't tell what I said.

"Will Fuzzy not be coming with us?" Alice asked innocently as she looked at the gnoll, still holding the woman's hand. "Shame, I was so sure he'd be fun."

Cause two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead

{I have no popular name mrgreen well not I might but no one would know that it was me blaugh }
{aaaaaand BAM wall >.<}  

Anniria

Greedy Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:53 pm
Nar grinned wide, showing his sharp fangs, when the woman mentioned him killing her the moment he had that weapon. Oh the thought had not passed through his mind just yet, well not for that reason anyway, but it seemed like a good way to loosen the ends, so to speak. His reputation was quite entertaining. Silly humanoids like her were so jumpy and paranoid every time. No backbone, especially with archer-magician-elven-speaking-whatevers like her.

What the Gnoll did not take well was being considered not ready, too weak for something, and he glared at the pale lady when she mentioned his death. "The f*ck you talking about me dying and these trials? There isn't anything I can't best, and especially no goddamn cowardly witch with a stick and string is going to tell me otherwise," the beast growled angrily. Stick and string obviously referring to the, no doubt effective, long range weapon he had no respect for. The Gnoll's opinion was very much that a true fighter and honorable person just took up their fists to prove their point, it was the way he lived that was for sure.

It was getting to be worth it just to follow her so that he could show off about being able to do it, and then kill her to really rub it in her face. Ok now he did consider it, but it seemed unnecessary to use such a thing on someone as insignificant as... whoever she was. Probably a forest hag the elves threw out of their woods - that would explain so much. The Gnoll paid very little to the on-goings of the humans, and other dominant species, and their so called civilization. Any news he received mostly revolved around the business of killing, mercenaries and knights on missions to find him.

Nar's left eye twitched, and there was a pinch of pain in his head, as the lady's serious tone turned lighthearted again, and she chuckled. That b*tch certainly was easily entertained. He did not take well to people that were so annoying, as far as he considered it. It obviously did not fit her, trying to be all menacing with some sorta throne-overthrowing quest and what not, and smiling like a child. 'F*cked up humanoids,' Nar complained in his head.

The lady made some strong assumptions, especially about his desire to obtain that weapon. What kind of whiny brat was she, to say that because of his attitude he did not want what was on offer? To Nar it was very obvious that the woman understood nothing, or knew exactly what she was doing, the latter of which would make this all very confusing. Then, she had the gull to just turn her back. Nar was looking after the females with a very frustrated look.

Before he could follow though, that witch continued flapping her gap in that annoying language. Nar became quite determined to go right up and punch her in the face, but the first step he took, his right foot landed back down beside his left one. His mind attempted to process it but for a moment, till it screamed one word, 'Magic!' The Gnoll growled angrily, this was starting to really get on his bad side. He would have thrown something, but there were no sizable stones on the ground near him, and the trees were too far to be convenient.

"Hey, witch!" Nar bellowed. "I'll agree to all your stupidity, and all those rules, on just one additional condition - You just gotta let me punch you in the face! If you're a person deserving my presence, and able to handle my employment, then I'll happily come along!" True enough any old employer couldn't really handle that. If she was tough enough to take at least a punch, she was better than most folk. Of course Nar sort of expected her to be as afraid as any archer of melee confrontation, and would just waltz off like a wuss after making up some excuse, probably after giving another long boring speech. There was also the satisfaction he demanded from some physical relief.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:17 am

"No" Arathel simply said, letting the lingering effects of her spell take effect, not looking back at the gnoll, knowing they were safe. "Perhaps a demon, a vampire or a troll would do. And I'm sure they won't be as troublesome or demanding. Additional victims and gold, I have plenty to provide, but patience, I have none to spare." She continued walking, the surest way of getting the weapon getting farther and farther from view and she resumed her song, kind of feeling as though dealing with the gnoll any longer would be a waste of time. Of course, the punch was not a big deal considering the barrier that forms when danger approaches her. She could always say he only had one try and let the barrier do it's job. On the other hand, she had also cast plenty of incantations on herself throughout these years that made her body a little more durable than its former fragile state without them. This was only a matter of pride now, of which she had plenty.

(( Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ OOC: ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:07 pm
Calcifer thought for a while and realized he had never noticed that necromancers had tomes. He liked this idea already. "And where would we find a necromancer at this hour?" He gave a light chuckle.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 pm
"That wouldn't be too hard." Slowly, that playful smirk that rested upon her face seemed to bolden with thoughts of mischeif and feelings of pure delight. "They usually lurk around broody youths or half-rotted corpses. Any sort of graveyard or discount whore house should do for the latter. For the former, I suggest a schooling enviornment or the back alleys near seedy bars."

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:44 pm
Calcifer shrugged as they walked. "As long as ye lead the way, Ah don't care which of those we go to. As long as the little ones don't get hurt." He didn't like kids, but he didn't like them dying either.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:00 pm
"Young children are impressionable, but they don't know how to keep their mouths shut. What we're looking for are the right mixture of intelligence and stupidity. We're looking for those humans reffer to as...teenagers, I think?" Valena shrugged. "I never said it would be a smart one, otherwise, they wouldn't bother chasing the demon and clearly well armed adventurer who stole it to begin with. The smart ones usually try to recruit halfwit parents and mold the children from there, anyway."

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:08 pm
Calcifer seemed to blank out at the word stupidity, as he remembered the young illusionist he travelled with. He then simply repeated, "We don't hurt the innocent brats." It became less of a statement and more of a demand. Being raised by dwarves gave him that kind of attitude.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:15 pm
Valena huffed out a small sigh, her conceited smirk morphing into a small pout as she conceded for the moment being. "Very well. I won't hurt them. Scare them, maybe, but I won't lay a finger on them."

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:20 pm
“A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.”

Five shifters make their way through the forest, all were battered and bloody from their last battle. They stop by a small stream long enough to wash most of the blood and gore off themselves, four of them casting nervous glances at their leader. Falinn Deathbow was not a happy woman. The last raid was supposed to have gone like all the ones before, but instead most of her pack had been slaughtered and forcing her to run like some coward. With a small snarl of disgust at the state she had been reduced to, she signals to the other four to keep moving towards one of the places no one would think to look for them. That place being a holy city that, with luck that had hopefully turned toward the better by now, would be burned to the ground by the end of the week.

“The nock to the cord, the shaft to the ear,
And a foreign king for a mark!”
- "The Song of the Bosonian Archers", by Robert E. Howard

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out