Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
We Tell Women... ((O/A)) Needs customers~Please join! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sound fun?
  YES!
  Nuu...
View Results

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:53 pm
After downing a couple of drinks, Lady Bugg headed for the stage and waited for the song to end. Once it was, the DJ cut off the music. Lady Bugg the took a mike and asked "Is everyone ready for a wild ********' night?".  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:01 pm

Carissa got up and sat next to Phora, bringing her glass with her. "Why so bleu, young padawan?"

"She looks familiar", Ren said, looking up at Lady Bugg. Had he seen her before in some strange, familiar dream? ... Or perhaps something more realistic?

Kyla looked around to see if anyone was watching her. "I haven't been to the office all day. I had business to take care of. Wait. Who is this?", she said, narrowing her eyes. She did not know who it was that was talking to her and felt cautious about the matter.

((OOC: In which case, I'm definitely screwed. XD XD Not only am I not a rational person... I'm sure I'm about 1/4 crazy =w= ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

Tamwynne the elven

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:05 pm
Phora looked through the bottom of her class, smirking. She put down her cup, and tilted her head. "Well now, I think things just got a bit interesting," she said, knowing instantly that Ms. Lady Bugg was a Mr. She leaned back on the bar, and gave out a quick whistle for the performer. I think I've sen her in the store before while I was making deliveries... She looked at Carissa. "Oh, its nothing...this just really isn't my scene...I need to get back to the lab soon so that I can finish some experiments I started with Paulie..." she said, taking about one of the rabbits in the lab.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Carissa nodded and took another sip of her drink. "Ja. I, too, want to return to my petite... experiment. But Renny boy says overworking is bad. Dim-witted boy, yes. But truth said, it is" Of course, by 'experiment', Carissa meant a new kind of makeup that bonds directly with the human skin like a tattoo. Of course, more tests needed to be done with it. It made Carissa smile ever so slightly, just thinking about it.

((OOC: We've all been busy recently, no~? =w= ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

Tamwynne the elven

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:15 pm
((Aya, we need to do a 1x1 soon))

Phora smirked again. "All I've ever done is over work...That's how I got to where I am today..." she said. She looked around. "How ironic..."

((And yes, before anyone jumps on me, I do know what irony is..))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:18 pm
"Someone with the evidence and resources to buy your company out from under you with or without your consent, and land you in prison for the next thirty years. You now have fifty-nine minutes twenty seconds."

Chairman Xiao hung up and began patiently packing tobacco into his pipe, anticipating at least a bowl before President Primrose arrived. The club was a decent distance away, after all.

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Carissa nodded. "Same, same. But people interesting, they are. Very worthwhile. Time... I don't have. But hmm.... How do I explain?", she said, kind of finding it hard to say what she meant to say. She wasn't sure though, if Phora understood a word of anything she said.

"So he's out to blackmail me?", Kyla said, a little ticked at what the man said. She then hitched a cab and headed back towards the store.
((OOC: We do~? What KIND of 1x1? O.O ))

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:44 pm
Chairman Xiao was methodically tamping down the tobacco into his third bowl by the time President Primrose arrived in front of her store. 'A taxi cab,' he noted mentally. 'How dreadfully plebian, especially for an American.'

Motioning towards the doors, Chairman Xiao's bodyguards both exited his car simultaneously as the three of them waited for Kyla to unlock the doors. "This conversation would be better facilitated in your office, Miss Primrose."

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Kyla got out of the cab and looked at Xiao. She couldn't stand to be blackmailed so she called some backups who lurked a distance from the store, just in case any hocus pocus was to happen. There were some advantages in dealing with Brenneville's underground but it had its weigh-downs as well. Kyla didn't say a word and led them up to her office. Once there, she took her place and said, "So, what do you want?"
((OOC: ))

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:14 pm
Lady Bugg nodded to the DJ who then began a song. Eric only lip-synced on occasion. Usually he sang. He's been told he has a nice voice. He began with a modern pop song and then went to a jazzy type song from a few decades ago. Lady Bugg looked around while singing and when she spotted Ren, she gave him a little wink.  

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:29 am
Chairman Xiao sat down in one of the more comfortable chairs in Kyla's office and clapped his hands twice. One of his bodyguards reached into her coat and withdrew a plain manila folder, which she lay on the desk in front of Kyla. "I am Xiao Beitang, CEO and Head of the Board of Directors for the Bamboo Enterprises conglomeration. I am here to buy PrimRose Cosmetics and make them into a subsidiary of Bamboo Cosmetics Internationa, or BCI. You will be paid two million American dollars for the company with forty-five percent up front and fifty thousand per month for two years, and will be kept on in a sinecure position with an annual salary of sixty thousand American dollars after taxes. In exchange, all properties owned by PrimRose Cosmetics or by any other company on behalf of this one will become the full legal property of BCI and I will not file suit for seventeen hundred thousand Yuan in lost profits against PrimRose Cosmetics."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:41 am

Kyla wasn't once tempted by the offer. Sure, it was big money and all but that was nothing compared to the future profits that PrimRose Cosmetics could bring in. Besides, working for someone else really never was her thing. She wouldn't have set up shop if she was content being someone else's hired help anyway. She instead asked, "And for what would you be filing suit for?"
((OOC: ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:48 am
Chairman Xiao gestured to the folder in front of President Primrose. "Within that folder is evidence my R&D department has compiled over the course of four months against PrimRose Cosmetics. Two of your products use multiple chemical compounds that are patented by BCI. The use of them without written permission from the chairman - myself - is a felony offense punishable by mandatory payment of full profits lost plus various other fees totaling several hundred thousand dollars. You do not have written permission, as I have never given it to any corporation or individual."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:41 pm
Phora raised an eyebrow to Carissa. "What are you talking about, Cari?" she asked, putting down her glass and paying the bartender. She grabbed her coat. "I should really get going..."

((Any kind, I just love rping with you!))  

Tamwynne the elven

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 am

"People are interesting. Nice to observe them." Carissa said finally. She then raised her hand and said, "Ja~!" when Phora said she wanted to leave.

Kyla was anxious for a moment. She didn't know how to respond but definitely would not work as someone else's employee. She then looked into the file and started to smirk. "First off, we can't afford to buy some of the stuff that's specified in these compounds with the economic blah blah and all. It's reflected in our financial statements. Second, to obtain and be able to combine these, we would need to import materials from, well... Your country. Again, expensive. Third, it's been almost four years since the initial release of those products, at that time, I assure you, I never warranted imitating. I'm sure with good lawyers though, equitable estoppel would be an arguable case. Fourth, the fact that the measurements found in these products don't match and are not exact to the specifications of your patent means that such a case would be filed null and void. And fifth, in such a case that your infringement case is deemed null and void, if we sue for damages directly after, not only will your company lose reputation and be regarded as a gigantic bully by the global market, if we win, you'll lose a lot of money on it. You have everything to lose."

Of course, Kyla had on her side the best lawyers on that side of town. Such a team was adept at money laundering cases, tax evasion and the like, since they were also the lawyers of the greatest criminal masterminds that Kyla happened to have connections to. She guessed what could have happened judging from the type of products that were 'contaminated'.

Kyla spoke again in a relaxed tone, "I'm pretty sure our raw materials supplier is working for some enemies and framing our company this instant right after spreading a leak this morning, since these two products are the only two that use the same ingredients. In which case, to file for an indirect infringement case, the offender must have knowledge and deliberate intention of the infringement. If upon being warned, they continue to do so, that is the only time an infringement case will be valid. So, thanks for telling me and good day. If it's any consolation, we can pull out those products. They're just two of hundreds we develop and release every year. And profits reaching up to hundreds of thousands of dollars? ... In your dreams! You'd be lucky to get fifty thou plus legal fees. Will that be all?"

((OOC: D'aww~ Chu so sweet! >w> Can we... like... Do a multiple character non/semi-romance group RP.... with just the two of us? That'd be cool OwO ))

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff