Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
I'm going to be talking for a long, long time. 8D Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:16 pm
Yokies

Haha yeah. xD Well, I'm glad I made some sense! Sometimes I think I have a hard time doing so lol.

Really? o.o I've known about Natures for years now! Though I've only really cared about them in the last three years or so. xDD Also, their personalities affect stats as well. You know those little blurbs that say they like to eat, or they have great perseverance? They all affect a certain stat lol.

Oh wow. xD That sounds like it'd be interesting! I'd like it to at least be told in a comic or something, though I wonder how someone would translate that into a whole series haha.
It's alright, Legendaries are pretty mysterious and cool! o:

User Image User Image

You're not alone. I too sometimes find myself wordy in my explanation. Particularly because I'm not a native speaker of the English language, so sometimes I'm finding a hard time searching for a correct translation of the word that best fits in my explanation.

I know about their Nature, but I never really thought they had much use while playing sweatdrop I just thought all of them were some sort of trivia to the Pokemon that you caught. I mean, in some ways, they are your "pets", and don't pets have their own personalities and stuff?

True, it could be pretty hard to do so. Plus, now that I think about it, if they don't have any levels, players would have a hard time pacifying/capturing Legendaries. I mean, how could an ordinary Pokemon face a Legendary and win? What's the use of the title "Legendary" then if they could easily lose to a normal Pokemon, eh?

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:25 pm
Louisa Iris

Honestly you explain things rather well. I wouldn't have guessed you weren't a native speaker just from what we've been talking about haha.

Oh yeah, that's what I meant about knowing them, like how they affect stats. xD Well, if you want to read up on Natures and Characteristics, I linked them. xD It might get a little confusing though, since I assume you haven't really seen much of that information before. sweatdrop

Yeah, that all sounds pretty tough. o.o In the games it's "easy" in a way to catch Legendaries since you can use many regular Pokemon that can stand up to their stats and level, along with having a type advantage. It might be harder if you take all of that out. xD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 pm
Yokies

Honestly you explain things rather well. I wouldn't have guessed you weren't a native speaker just from what we've been talking about haha.

Oh yeah, that's what I meant about knowing them, like how they affect stats. xD Well, if you want to read up on Natures and Characteristics, I linked them. xD It might get a little confusing though, since I assume you haven't really seen much of that information before. sweatdrop

Yeah, that all sounds pretty tough. o.o In the games it's "easy" in a way to catch Legendaries since you can use many regular Pokemon that can stand up to their stats and level, along with having a type advantage. It might be harder if you take all of that out. xD

User Image User Image

We have been taking English lessons since Grade School all the way into college, so I am bit fluent in speaking English. However, the downside is that I'm too formal when it comes to speaking/writing. That's why I'm having trouble in explaining at times sweatdrop

Ooh, thanks a lot! I'm always interested in anything concerning Pokemon. Do you know Bulbapedia? I usually go there when I'm searching for something. Now, time to cram in some info emotion_dowant

Exactly. Maybe that's why they made it like that in the games, to make it more realistic for us in completing our Pokedex.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 am
Louisa Iris

Ah I see. I can tell where being too formal might be a problem. xD Though to me you're writing/typing just fine.

Haha the pages I listed actually are Bulbapedia. xD I always go there for any information I need too. I always read up on the Trivia they have for Pokemon and stuff, it's really interesting to me. o.o;

Yeah, that would make the goal a bit more realistic. xD It would suck if we couldn't catch them at all haha.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:49 am
Yokies

Ah I see. I can tell where being too formal might be a problem. xD Though to me you're writing/typing just fine.

Haha the pages I listed actually are Bulbapedia. xD I always go there for any information I need too. I always read up on the Trivia they have for Pokemon and stuff, it's really interesting to me. o.o;

Yeah, that would make the goal a bit more realistic. xD It would suck if we couldn't catch them at all haha.

User Image User Image

Thanks, glad to know that all those years in English classes are not for naught sweatdrop

I usually just use Bulbapedia whenever I'm onto some Pokemon or other. Now, I'm using it in helping me complete my Unova pokedex. Ain't it just annoying that there are more Pokemon now that you have to get via trade?

But you know, the very thing that makes Legendaries my pet peeves are the stories behind them. Like Arceus and company. I love the way the creators were able to connect Gen IV and Gen I Legendaries.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:53 am
Louisa Iris

You're welcome. c:

I go on Bulbapedia mostly to look at stats now lol. Even though I know much about Pokemon, I still have trouble remembering all of their stats. xD I don't find it annoying since I don't care for completing the Pokedex, so it's hard for me to relate lol, but I can understand how much it sucks, especially when it's hard for you to trade.

Haha yeah, that's always nice. It's like no matter how big they get, they still remember their roots, and it's awesome to see connections so the past doesn't get forgotten. 3nodding

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:58 am
Yokies

You're welcome. c:

I go on Bulbapedia mostly to look at stats now lol. Even though I know much about Pokemon, I still have trouble remembering all of their stats. xD I don't find it annoying since I don't care for completing the Pokedex, so it's hard for me to relate lol, but I can understand how much it sucks, especially when it's hard for you to trade.

Haha yeah, that's always nice. It's like no matter how big they get, they still remember their roots, and it's awesome to see connections so the past doesn't get forgotten. 3nodding

User Image User Image

Well, whatever it might be, Bulbapedia's really handy. I used to rely on forums from different site for Pokemon details. It ain't that bad, but sometimes the information there are either completely bogus or incorrect. So I'm really glad I found one that's reliable.

Exactly! Although sometimes, they confuse me a bit. Like in Gen III... according to the stories, Kyogre and Groudon created the world through their battle. They only stopped whey Rayquaza interfered. But according to Gen IV, Arceus was the first Pokemon. He created Giratina, Dialga and Palkia, and the whole world in all essence. So, which really is which? sweatdrop

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 am
Louisa Iris

Haha yeah, sometimes you find some really stupid things when trying to find the truth. xD It's great that Bulbapedia exists haha.

I think maybe the legends were only referring to the regions they are respective to. The Sinnoh myths say that Sinnoh was creative by Arecus. Though it shaped the whole world, Sinnoh is the only "real" place it is mentioned to create, while Kyogre and Groudon are said to have formed the land and sea of Hoenn, not necessarily all of the land and seas of the world. So maybe Arceus more or less created a "base" for the rest of the world to form from, when it created Sinnoh and the Creation/Lake trios. I'm trying to think of something that makes sense, this is hard. xD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

C2 Witch of Britannia

Supportive Phantom

9,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:46 am
hi, i'm relatively new here myself. also Pokemon is heart my favorite's Umbreon.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:49 am
Yokies

Haha yeah, sometimes you find some really stupid things when trying to find the truth. xD It's great that Bulbapedia exists haha.

I think maybe the legends were only referring to the regions they are respective to. The Sinnoh myths say that Sinnoh was creative by Arecus. Though it shaped the whole world, Sinnoh is the only "real" place it is mentioned to create, while Kyogre and Groudon are said to have formed the land and sea of Hoenn, not necessarily all of the land and seas of the world. So maybe Arceus more or less created a "base" for the rest of the world to form from, when it created Sinnoh and the Creation/Lake trios. I'm trying to think of something that makes sense, this is hard. xD

User Image User Image

No, actually what you said made sense. I mean, the creators never really said that all regions need to be like the continents of the world, that they have to be created at the same time. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I'd like things to be ordered sweatdrop

Have you tried playing Mystery Dungeons?

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:51 am
C2 Witch of Britannia
hi, i'm relatively new here myself. also Pokemon is heart my favorite's Umbreon.

User Image User Image

Welcome to the guild~! 4laugh

Oooh, Umbreon! I love the yellow bands around its ears~ I'm not much of a dark type, but Umbreon's definitely cute ^^

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am
C2 Witch of Britannia

Hello there! c: I love Umbreon myself, it's definitely been one of my favorite Eeveelutions since Crystal. xD
Then again it's hard to pick a favorite, they're all so great in their own way.

Louisa

Haha yeah, it can get kind of confusing considering Sinnoh is the fourth region we go to, and if Arceus created it first it's like, why didn't anyone seem to know about it until now? rofl
Then again, maybe Pokemon native to Sinnoh didn't come about until much later, who knows. Of course, they never planned for Pokemon to be so successful (even the first season of the anime/cartoon was supposed to end with the first movie, but then they were green-lighted for more and they continued from there), so they probably didn't think that far ahead. xD So there is going to be some stuff that doesn't really line up perfectly.

Yup. c: I played Red Rescue Team, Explorer's of Darkness and Sky. I friggen love those games. xD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:41 am
Yokies

Haha yeah, it can get kind of confusing considering Sinnoh is the fourth region we go to, and if Arceus created it first it's like, why didn't anyone seem to know about it until now? rofl
Then again, maybe Pokemon native to Sinnoh didn't come about until much later, who knows. Of course, they never planned for Pokemon to be so successful (even the first season of the anime/cartoon was supposed to end with the first movie, but then they were green-lighted for more and they continued from there), so they probably didn't think that far ahead. xD So there is going to be some stuff that doesn't really line up perfectly.

Yup. c: I played Red Rescue Team, Explorer's of Darkness and Sky. I friggen love those games. xD

User Image User Image

That could be true. You know, whenever I think about it, almost all of the gamers I know once played Pokemon in their gaming lives. Even if only a few of them continue to be as addicted to it as I am, they still bought the game pack. Junichi Matsuda was really lucky his little monsters were a hit.

Oooh, I've played Red Rescue Team, but got bored in the end. I dunno why, but I just lost interest. What's the difference between Explorers of Time and of Darkness. I've played Explorers of Time, but whenever I look for reviews and summaries, most articles just say "Explorers of Time/Darkness".

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:39 pm
Louisa Iris

Haha yeah, also Satoshi Tajiri and Ken Sugimori. xD They're all probably so happy and proud that their ideas took off so well. I love Ken Sugimori art, it's no wonder he does all of the official art lol. If I get a trading card with his art on it I cherish it, even if it's not rare. xD

Yeah, I think the originals just aren't as fun as the second ones. I did get pretty bored myself. I honestly haven't even finished Red Rescue Team. xD But I did play enough of it to figure out it wasn't as entertaining as the other ones. I don't think there is a major difference between Time/Darkness, other than some version exclusives, and it's only like.. 6 Pokemon each who are, and also there are three items each that are exclusive.

Though if you want one of those, I think I'd just recommend Explorers of Sky. There is SO MUCH more to do in that game and it provides some back-story for the NPC's. The backstory is even playable too! You don't have to just sit there and listen to them talk about it. xD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:13 am
Yokies

Haha yeah, also Satoshi Tajiri and Ken Sugimori. xD They're all probably so happy and proud that their ideas took off so well. I love Ken Sugimori art, it's no wonder he does all of the official art lol. If I get a trading card with his art on it I cherish it, even if it's not rare. xD

Yeah, I think the originals just aren't as fun as the second ones. I did get pretty bored myself. I honestly haven't even finished Red Rescue Team. xD But I did play enough of it to figure out it wasn't as entertaining as the other ones. I don't think there is a major difference between Time/Darkness, other than some version exclusives, and it's only like.. 6 Pokemon each who are, and also there are three items each that are exclusive.

Though if you want one of those, I think I'd just recommend Explorers of Sky. There is SO MUCH more to do in that game and it provides some back-story for the NPC's. The backstory is even playable too! You don't have to just sit there and listen to them talk about it. xD

User Image User Image

Yeah, they're really lucky, considering that Digimon also became famous, roughly at the same time as they did. But I don't know, Digimon doesn't offer that much excitement for me. I tried playing it, but, I dunno, there seems to be something missing to it sweatdrop

Oho, I see. I thought there would be a change in the Legendary, like instead of Dialga it would be Palkia. I just found it a bit sad that Grovyle didn't survive in the game. Why couldn't Dialga bring him back as well? I mean, he did his own share of hard work... plus he was your character's human partner.

Okay, I'll definitely try Explorers of Sky. I was a bit hesitant about it, because I always never finish the second game that I download sweatdrop Like Pokemon White, I never really finished it, but I'm still playing Black.

User ImageUser Image

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces