Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Herbology I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Damsel Dis

Adorable Fatcat

7,175 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:20 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωнєяє herbology greenhousexx
ωιтн liam ; other classmatesxx
fєєℓιиg intriguedxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pippa watched him curiously, wondering for a moment if she had stumped him. She thought it was a fairly simple question, and normal. Her brows furrowed an instant before Liam finally spoke up, noting his slow approach about it. However, as he continued, Pippa gave him a soft smile. He, too, seemed shy at times. So it wasn't just her! The Hufflepuff feared she was perhaps one of the more awkward students in the whole of Hogwarts. She stayed completely quiet until he was finished speaking, and he even asked about her in regards to school life so far. Before she would answer that, however, she replied,

"I'm very interested in Transfiguration, as well. I can't wait to get to the more difficult parts of it. Charms... Well. We won't go there. Other than that, I am absolutely loving it here. I never knew school could be so interesting and fun. I've learned tons!" Pip recalled he had mentioned flying, and most certainly did not share his love or enthusiasm for it. Pippa fully believed her feet belonged on the ground! Unless it was tree-climbing, which did not count.

"Did you try out for that game? Um... The one with the broomsticks?"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:50 am
Sometimes I’m feeling like I’m going insane
My neighbour told me that I got bad brains
But I’m alright though (We’re alright though)
Yeah, we’ll be alright though (We’re alright though)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image

Gryffindor First Year Halfblood Single

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

Annie traipsed outside to the greenhouses happy for any excuse to go outside until she could find something, anything, that could keep her outside for longer than an hour. Besides Quidditch. Flying might be fun, but bludgers looked like they hurt dangit! Still, if she didn't find anything soon that might be her only outlet. Well, besides Herbology of course. Arriving, she saw that there were two tables of people she could choose from, one that had two people she sort of knew, and the other where she didn't know anyone. She would've gone to the second table but the two looked so close she decided not to pry and decided to go with the familiar looking people. Besides, Kai hadn't kicked her to the curb yet! "Hi guys! Do you mind if I join? I sorta don't want to impose the others." she said with a sheepish grin since she was imposing on them. She pulled on her gloves and listened avidly as Professor Hill explained what they'd be doing and she barely resisted the urge to childishly poke at the bush. While her dad had a number of different plants, both magical and muggle, in his garden she didn't recall spiky bushes being one of them. And for good reason from what the professor had been saying! When told to begin she cautiously approached the plant and began helping her partners pull off the different foliage. She snorted lightly at Kai's answer about whether he liked the class or not. "Which vibe? The 'I hate children' vibe or the 'I could kill you all and feed you to my precious plants' vibe? Because honestly, I feel like they're one in the same." Annie said with a small smirk.
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

Deviled Dregs

murruelecreuset

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Wearing
Where ~ Greenhouse
With ~ Classmates
What ~ Learning!

They say we’re losers and we’re alright with that
We are the leaders of the not-coming-back’s
But we’re alright though
Yeah, we’re alright though

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:05 am
User Image
User Image

Liam resisted the urge to plaster an expression of near shock on his face as Pippa expressed her love for Hogwarts, its classes, and learning, in general. Perhaps it wasn't just a Ravenclaw trait. He was quickly realizing that which house they were sorted into only reflected their strongest traits, and perhaps their own preference.

He opened his mouth to comment on her description of the classes thus far, but when she asked him about quidditch—clearly not very fond of the game, or at least not very knowledgeable of it—the boy let out a throaty chuckle.
"Quidditch...and yes, I did, indeed. I made it on the roster as a reserve chaser, which I can't complain about considering I wasn't even sure if they'd allow first years to try out." Nearly letting his mind wander, Liam realized that there was a good chance she didn't even comprehend what he just said. He didn't want to come off as a know-it-all, but he also didn't want to sound as if he were speaking a foreign language. "Reserve, as in back up. Chaser, as in I will be one of the three players attempting to score by getting the quaffle through the goal post."

He hoped he hadn't offended her by assuming she didn't understand, but felt better after clearing things up, just in case. "You don't fancy flying, I take it?" he added, remembering the face she had made when he had proposed that enjoying the class was a given.

DizzyDis

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:28 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωнєяє herbology greenhousexx
ωιтн liam ; fellow classmatesxx
fєєℓιиg greatxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Had he just laughed at her? The hint of a smirk flickered over her lips however as she listened to him speak. She thought it was very nice of him to try to elaborate on the game she had only heard of upon entering the halls of Hogwarts. She wouldn't blame him for laughing though, she was even sure she sounded loony. She was a witch, who had never heard of Quidditch after all.

"I know what reserve means, thank you Liam." Pippa laughed then, hoping he would take it as the joke it was meant to be. She removed her other glove, listening to him continue. In truth, she was happy she had decided not to even try out for the game - she would have been horrid and probably would have mucked up every practice, let alone all the games. Peering back over at him, she was still grinning ever so slightly.

"It sounds fun. If you do get to play, I'm sure you'll do a splendid job. I'll cheer for you! Unless, of course, it's Ravenclaw against Hufflepuff." Pips gave the boy a playful wink before answering his question.

"You guessed it right. I just can't seem to calm my nerves when I try. My hands go all sweaty and it's just awful."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Porcelaine Ivory

Damsel Dis

Adorable Fatcat

7,175 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:59 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location : Herbology - Friday @ 2:00pm

Emma couldn’t really argue with Kai’s opinion on the class. Their professor was brutal but at the same time he knew what he was talking about. Though it kind of made you wonder why he bothered teaching when he didn’t seem to like kids. “I feel the same. Honestly, I kind of wonder what made him say I want to be a professor. Maybe he just really likes plants.” She commented curiously. Looking over to Annie as she came over asking to join them, Emma smiled. “Hi, it’s Anna right?” she asked making sure she got it right. “We don’t mind at all, right Kai?” she said looking to Kai for support.

When Anna questioned what vibe Kai meant Emma glanced between the two with a small smile on her face. She really had to agree with the Gryffindor. Professor Hill was one scary professor, end of story. “I have to agree…” she whispered not wanting Professor Hill to hear her opinion. She had nothing bad to say about him, just that he lacked social skills when it came to kids and probably people in general. Though not everyone could have those skills.

With: Class... Professor Hill, Kai, Anna

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Deviled Dregs
EmrysStorm

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
A loyal friend like you?
I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:58 pm
User Image
                                                          × × × This is the book I never read × × ×xxxxxxxxx
                                                          xxxxxxxx× × × These are the words I never said × × ×
                                                          × × × This is the path I'll never tread × × ×xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

♥ ♡ ♥ These are the dreams I'll dream instead ♥ ♡ ♥

xxxI am... Herbology
                                                          xxxFeeling... Ugh
                                                          xxxWith... Students

Herbology was something Tiberia knew she would never care for but she didn't expect it to be so... boring. The tiff between the professor and the two girls were surprising but it was the only part that held her attention for more than a few seconds. Tib took her seat all the way in the back and stared around in boredom. She wasn't exactly thrilled when she learned they would be playing hide-and-seek with the thorns of a plant. 'This is the most pointless class...' she thought to herself. Trudging her way up front, Tiberia grabbed a plant and took it back to her desk where she gave a halfhearted attempt to find the silly thorn. Her gaze would wander from plant to those around her, either eavesdropping on conversations or mindlessly watching.

× × × Out Of Character × ×
                                                          Text
                                                          Quote:

Vicious Vices

Anxious Giver

9,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:39 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:40 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. This was his first class with the students, and he wanted to be sure that they understood what was expected. Otherwise, he figured there would be a lot of tears and frustrations. As well as students being kicked from his class until they listened to instruction.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "My name is Professor Hill, and I am your Herbology instructor. For those of you that will not read the rules on the board, I will repeat them now. Lateness will not be tolerated as I will lock the door when class begins. If you should not listen to instructions, I will remove you from the greenhouse without hesitation. Any harm befalling any of the plants in this greenhouse will result in me removing you from the greenhouse immediately. You will behave as civilized individuals or you will suffer the punishment befitting your misconduct. All assignments will be turned in on time or I will dock points from your house for it. And last, you have any disagreements with me, you will be shown the door and I will not hesitate to flunk you for that portion of the course. Is any of that unclear?"

The werewolf waited for confirmation that everyone understood the rules of the class before he started in with his lecture. "For our first class, we will discuss the basics of the subject, and familiarize yourself with working with living things. Whereas most of your other classes do not involve dealing with living organisms and only with dead specimens, this class is the exception. Every plant in this greenhouse is alive, and I intend to keep them that way, which means that you will be proficient wit the basics before we go into the actual courseload. Now, please stand and introduce yourself. Name and house are the only information necessary."

"Now, down to a real question. Anyone know what the basic tools are that are used for Herbology? Ten points for the student that can list them accurately."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Remember, I applied myself, don't maim the students so early on...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:21 pm

User ImageUser Image

It was his first day of Herbology and Ralph wasn't going to miss it. He had been preparing himself all week for this class. Not actually on the material, but on the professor. All the students would talk about Professor Hill like he was some big, scary monster. It made Ralph nervous. What if the stories about him were all true? Ralph hoped not; he liked his toes where they were!

As he stepped into the greenhouse, the first thing that greeted him was the pungent scent of manure and soil mixed with something damp. The ground was literally dirt and squished under Ralph's shoes. And the temperature! Ralph felt like he had just walked into a sauna. The sun pierced the glass unforgivably. Why would they have Herbology at the peak time of 3pm? Didn't they know that it was the hottest part of the day?

Ralph followed the rest of his peers, making his way to a table. He was quick to notice that there weren't any chairs in this class. Were they expected to stand the whole time they were in Herbology class? Ralph looked around. It seemed he was. He secured himself a spot amongst the other Slytherins, looking over both of his shoulders at the other students who filed in. They were all first years, just like him, but he hardly knew any of them.

Sitting on the desk in the front and center of the greenhouse was who Ralph assumed could only be Professor Hill. He was intimidating, Ralph had to admit. All the stories Effy told him had been true. He had raven black hair and eyes so beady and dark, Ralph felt like the professor was looking through him instead of at him. The first year gulped and tried to make himself as small as possible.

"My name is Professor Hill, and I am your Herbology instructor. For those of you that will not read the rules on the board, I will repeat them now," Professor Hill chattered on, explaining all of his rules and expectations. Ralph found himself fidgeting against his own best interest; it was just so hot in there... "For our first class, we will discuss the basics of the subject, and familiarize yourself with working with living things. Whereas most of your other classes do not involve dealing with living organisms and only with dead specimens, this class is the exception. Every plant in this greenhouse is alive, and I intend to keep them that way, which means that you will be proficient wit the basics before we go into the actual courseload. Now, please stand and introduce yourself. Name and house are the only information necessary."

"Now, down to a real question. Anyone know what the basic tools are that are used for Herbology? Ten points for the student that can list them accurately."

Ralph ducked his head lower, eyes fixated to the ground. He did not want to be called. He did not want to say his name and house. But... he was intrigued with the prospect of getting house points. It suddenly became a question of whether or not he wanted to raise his hand. Oh, and if he even knew what the basic tools were.

Hesitantly, he raised his hand.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:20 pm
User Image
~M.J. Al'Meara ~
.::. First Year .::. Hufflepuff .::.

spaceMJ entered the greenhouse with eagerness. She had been waiting all week long for this class. She had heard stories about Professor Hill, that he was strict and you didn't want to be on his bad side. But no matter what, she was confident, ready, and she was going to enjoy this class. She missed working with living things, and had to wait so long to get to work with magical creatures again. She grabbed a spot with some of her Hufflepuff friends, saying a quick hello before the door slammed shut behind them and he began to speak. When he said that anyone who harmed a plant would be thrown out of class, she couldn't help but smile. He really did care about living things! She had seen too many plants and animals hurt by ignorant witches and wizards, and she hated people disrespecting nature. He wasn't so bad.

spaceAs he asked them to give a very short introduction and answer a question, she decided to speak up first, since most of the students seemed a little intimidated. But this was her field, and she was practically beaming with a confidence she hadn't felt in any other class. "M.J. Al'Meara, Sir. Hufflepuff.", she said, keeping it short and sweet as requested. "As for the basic tools you need for Herbology, there is the general physical tools, protective gear such as gloves, soil, fertilizer, trowels and the like. But the most important is your compassion, understanding and connection to the plant you are working with. As you mentioned, they truly are living things, and if you pay close attention they will tell you what they need or don't need, you simply have to learn to speak their language, by looking at their color, feeling their parts, smelling them etc. you can learn all you need to keep them healthy and happy!" She hoped she hadn't rambled on too long, but felt satisfied with her answer. Her mom had always told her that compassion and understanding were the strongest tools of all, not just for plants and magical creatures, but for humans to.

::OOC:: Open for interaction (after intros wink )
Diamond Wales

MelB87

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:47 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
First Year Slytherin
Pureblood

User Image User Image
                                                  Location : Herbology (greenhouse) - Friday @ 2:00pm

Raymond made his way to his last class of the week. Instead of being in a classroom however he found himself in one of the school's greenhouses. He could think of worse places to be on a Friday afternoon. Finding a seat, Ray wasn't to sure about the class. Just looking at their Professor he didn't give a kid friendly vibe. In fact he looked like he'd bite your head off. When class began he heard the door slam shut only solidifying his thoughts.

When Professor Hill spoke Raymond remained silent until he was asked to otherwise. Honestly he didn't know what the basic tools were. So instead of making a fool of himself he decided to keep it simple. "Raymond Yuko, Slytherin." He introduced himself simply before sitting back done to listen to the rest. He watched as one Slytherin boy raised his hand causing Ray to question why he even bothered as M.J. answered. 'She sounds like a tree hugging idiot.' He thought grateful that their Professor didn't sound like that. Perhaps hugging trees was a Hufflepuff thing.

Status: I don't know about this class...
                                                  With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                                  Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                                  I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                                  Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:01 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxA I M E E M C H A L E N

First Year ◆ Unsorted ◆ Half Blood

User Image

I know what you think in the morning,
                                                      When the sun shines on the ground,
                                                      And shows what you have done,
                                                      It shows where your mind has gone.
                                                      [/

Aimee walked into the classroom and sat at a desk quietly. She hoped Caty would show up soon so she wouldn't be stuck sitting next to some chatty cathy or any stranger really. Not that Caty wasn't a chatty cathy... but at least she liked Caty. Aimee had the unfortunate problem of being related to a crazy pink haired vampire whom apparently knew everything about everything. By that she meant, Grace had spent the summer informing her that her Herbology professor, the professor infront of her now, was a werewolf, a crabby pants (her words exactly), and a lot of fun to mess with.

She had a feeling that Grace only found it fun to mess with him because he physically could not kill her. The Slytherin on the other hand was very much mortal and very unwilling to lose her life so soon. Professor Hill seemed strict and not someone to mess with at all. "Aimee... McHalen. Slytherin." She almost cringed when she said the last name... Grace's last name. She really hoped the werewolf professor would not put together she was related to the vampire. She rolled her eyes at the over achiever Hufflepuff named MJ, who was rambling about plant love and care and crap like that. "I'd assume, sir, that we'd need our text book so we know what plant we are dealing with, how to deal with it, and how to not harm it."

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

You all have guns,
And you never put the safety on,
I'm trying, I'm trying to sleep,
But I can't, but I can't when you all have,
Guns for hands, yeah

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:06 pm
I'm gonna be released from behind these lines...
And I don't care whether I live or die.
And I'm losing blood, I'm gonna leave my bones-
And I don't want your heart; it leaves me cold.
I don't want your future; I don't need your past!
One bright moment is all I ask!
I'm gonna leave my body; moving up to higher ground...
I'm gonna lose my mind; history keeps pulling me down!

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw │ first year │ halfblood

Di had tried her best to keep an open mind for all of her first week of classes. Especially when Friday afternoon arrived and it was time to go to Herbology. She admitted she had a negatively tinged perception of the professor already from the brief discussion of him between her, Mordred, and Colin. Still, she knew she shouldn't let that have her start the class off on a bad foot. Just because someone wasn't a pleasant person didn't mean they were a bad teacher. She had always liked the strictest teachers best, because she tended to learn the most in their classes. Upon entering the greenhouse she scanned the area, wondering who to sit with. She didn't have any friends in the formal sense yet, and thus there was no one she was immediately drawn to sit with. A little blond Slytherin boy was seated front and center, and Di preferred seats in the front, so she sat beside him. What she noted next was that the professor did not just shut the door but lock it, presumably to keep out latecomers, he was quite sensitive to plants, and that he did not tolerate disagreement. As Di was somewhat prone to debating, she felt that this might pose an issue at some point, but she never picked arguments for argument's sake. She stood when told to. "Diantha Warlow, Ravenclaw." She sat, and would have raised her hand, but a Hufflepuff girl going by M.J. had answered, as had a Slytherin girl, Aimee, though her answer was less of an answer and more of a commentary and/or passive aggressive critique of his teaching style. Di was torn between partly agreeing, and thinking poorly of the girl for for the unnecessary sarcasm.

OOC:
Username

I don't need a husband, don't need no wife...
And I don't need the day, I don't need the night!
And I don't need the birds, let them fly away-
And I don't want the clouds, they never seem to stay.
I don't want no future; I don't need no past!
One bright moment is all I ask!
I'm gonna leave my body; moving up to higher ground...
I'm gonna lose my mind; history keeps pulling me down!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:14 pm

User ImageUser Image

Wow, what a know-it-all! Ralph thought as his hand lowered back down just as slowly as it had come up. She had rambled on and on, to the point that Ralph felt like his ears would turn inside-out. Her colors were yellow and black which was a bit out of the ordinary to see. Usually it was the Ravenclaws that loved to show off their intellect, but a Hufflepuff? Ralph was a bit surprised by it.

"If she loves them so much maybe she should marry them," Ralph muttered under his breath.

She seemed obsessed with plants, talking about "speaking their language" and "feeling their parts". Ralph twisted his face at the thought. Plants weren't really his most favorite things in the world. Most likely, he wouldn't kill them off or anything, but still, he wasn't planning on being intimate with them either. Not like his classmate.

Regardless, Ralph was glad he hadn't been called on. All he planned on saying was that he thought that dirt might be involved. And maybe plants. It was probably for the best that the know-it-all (Did she say her name was A.J. or M.J.? Ralph wondered) had answered in the end. Still, he was upset about the whole thing, thinking her very rude and impolite for speaking out of turn.

"I'd assume, sir, that we'd need our text book so we know what plant we are dealing with, how to deal with it, and how to not harm it." Hazel eyes turned to the girl standing near him. He wanted to applaud her, to let her know that he agreed with what she was preaching. At least someone else was using some common sense around here!

Aimee was a Slytherin, just like Ralph, with pretty long brown hair and pretty eyes to match. Whenever she smiled, her whole face lit up. Ralph hardly knew her personally, but they had a ton of classes together; maybe he could start? The fact that they were standing side-by-side was a step in the right direction.

To his right, a Ravenclaw girl had her arms crossed, watching the exchange occurring. She seemed lonely. Maybe she was confused? Ralph looked around, picking out the individual Ravenclaws scattered throughout the room. The Slytherin house seemed the place where everyone was put together. All the Slytherins stood to one side of the room while other witches and wizards seemed evenly dispersed.

Ralph looked down at his shoes. They were already getting pretty filthy from standing in the greenhouse for as long as he had, and it hadn't even been that long yet. How was he even going to get through one Herbology class? He could hardly stand it anymore. With the confused Hufflepuff in the room acting like a Ravenclaw and the real Ravenclaw standing beside him in muted confusion, Ralph was about ready to head-desk face-first into the first Herbology worktable he could get his hands on.

Sweat trickled down the side of the first year's head as he waited for the professor to address the class again. Professor Hill's face looked like it was permanently stuck in a scowl. It was obvious the man didn't like students, that much Ralph could have interpreted for himself, but the question was now what kind of students did he hate more? Ralph had no idea what preference this professor had to houses, or if he had them at all, but maybe he did? There was a good chance that him being an ex-Slytherin house member would work in favor of the Slytherin House.

That, however, seemed unlikely. Plus, Ralph couldn't help but notice that Professor Hill gave him almost the same vibe as his cousin, Tristan, did. He didn't know why; they had nothing in common that he could tell. Tristan was younger and a student. He wasn't a professor like Professor Hill, nor did he like plants as much as Professor Hill seemed to. On the surface, Ralph could find nothing that the two had in common. Maybe he's gonna pick on me just like Tristan does? Ralph considered.

While Tristan wasn't a bully to Ralph by any stretch of the word, Tristan was still the oldest and, therefore, acted like the oldest. He picked on Ralph and Effy whenever he felt the need arise. Effy always said that Tristan was just "stressed out" or that he was "tired from staying up too late" but Ralph never understood why his cousin didn't go to bed earlier or just tell the thing he was stressed out about to go jump in a lake. Was Professor Hill going to be just as grumpy as Tristan?

Ralph prayed not.

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:54 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Spastic in Herbology with Diantha
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Eager
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ He seems really serious! Hope that means we get right to it, then. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ɾεχ ṃαɾќṡlεÿ ώαṡ α τ ï ṉ ќ ε ɾ ε ɾ , ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṉ εṉģïṉεεɾ ε χ τ ɾ α ø ɾ ḋ ï ṉ α ï ɾ ε ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxx
                                                          hε ṃαḋε συïсќ-ɾεløαḋïṉģ ģ α ḋ ģ ε τ ṡ ṡø hε сøυlḋ ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxx
                                                          ƒ ï ɾ ε ṉøṉ-ṡτøρ ώïτh ρ α ṉ α с h ε αṉḋ ƒ l α ï ɾ ↞ ↞ ↞xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceColin was glad when he arrived to see that a few of the classmates he'd already met had beaten him, thereby removing the issue of having to worry about sitting with a stranger. Not that he was shy, but in lessons, he wanted to be sure to be able to focus, something he couldn't be sure he would do if his neighbors were disruptive. He settled in next to his housemate Diantha, offering her a small grin. She was relatively calm from what he'd gathered. Enthusiastic but not overbearing, and so she wouldn't drain his energy overmuch. He was glad that he'd sat with her, and not the Hufflepuff girl, when she spoke up; she was way too bubbly for a lesson. He'd have been exhausted just sitting next to her. He did like that she seemed to have a strong understanding of how caring for plants worked, though. He wasn't much of a plant person, but he'd read all sorts of things. Mostly about how their environment had a huge impact on how well they grew, and not just the things people thought of. Things like noise and mood and the like could also heavily affect their growth... He wondered if that would be even more the case with magical plants. They were magical, were they more sentient? He'd done some reading there, as well. Mostly he'd just skimmed his textbook, but he knew that some magical plants definitely sounded somewhat sentient. Moreso than normal plants, anyway, which had their own level of sentience...

spaceThe Ravenclaw was pulled from his thoughts by the realization that he should probably at least take part in the introductions. He didn't think he had anything to add to the discussion at present, since it was concerning the materials to be used, and as far as he could tell, his classmates had covered that. He raised his hand gingerly, when he was sure he wouldn't be speaking out of turn. "Colin Beckett, of Ravenclaw house, Professor Hill," he said politely, glad that he'd figured out his own house name, at least. He was still having quite a bit of trouble with the others. They were such weird words! Though, at least he was proving to be better with his classmates names than the houses... and better than Brandon was with both, he thought with a faint chuckle. Well, they'd get it figured out eventually, right?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx↠ ↠ ↠ τhε ṃαṉ ώαṡ α l ε ģ ε ṉ ḋ αṉḋ hεɾø τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h αṉḋ τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h
                                                          xxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ ɾεχ ώαṡ α ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ τø τhε в α τ τ ε ɾ ε ḋ αṉḋ τhε в ɾ υ ï ṡ ε ḋ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ hε hαḋ ṡεεṉ α løτ øƒ ώ ø ṉ ḋ ε ɾ ṃ ε ṉ τ ṡ ïṉ hïṡ ģ l ø ɾ ÿ ḋ α ÿ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ hε ḋ ï ε ḋ αṉ ø l ḋ ṃ α ṉ αløṉε øṉ τhε ρ ɾ α ï ɾ ï ε τhεÿ ṡ α ÿ

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers