Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] It's Always Tea Time: Tea Clutch Feast [Open] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:39 am
Finnisa. Was. Thrilled. She'd only gotten to see the hatchlings for a moment, it'd felt like, after they'd come back from that far off (hot!) beach some months ago. As she'd not been chosen by one, of course she'd been left behind with the rest of the candidates. But they were so adorably cute! Look at them go! They were already a good bit larger...and so energetic!

It did leave her wondering just when her turn would come. She wasn't as young as some who'd already been chosen, but she wasn't as old as others. She'd only stood once...but what if hers never came? Would she be content to go back to the hold, back to her flock? She did miss those fluffy, meek ovines...but this was so much more of an adventure. And it hadn't been much of home since quin had left...No. No, she wasn't going to let this nice day go down that path!

With a mental shove of thoughts of her sister away, she set about enjoying herself. A slice of cake, a tiny wedge of sandwich, and all the tea she could want! And wine too...! She was going to indulge! Which bottle...aha!
Nilah44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:14 pm
Iziquin had her arms around a large box containing a number of bottles that had been selected for the feast in honor of the newest dragonriders. Er, weyrlings, she never could keep it straight when they went from one to the other even with the numerous trips she took to High Reaches Weyr. Still, the young vintner was in a good mood as she bustled about making sure there was enough here and there. As she normally did, Quin began to hum as she worked, paying no mind to the others around her until her job was done. Todays tune as a song from her childhood (which tended to be her favorite songs for their nostalgia). The woman looked at what she had left and silently wondered if she had brought enough. But, she brought the number they had wanted it wasn't her fault if their dragonriders couldn't control themselves. She'd heard about and seen many a rider drink more than his or her fair share. And so she learned early on to keep a small stash with her that wasn't ordered just in case. Overseeing everything now made her wonder when she should bring those out. Izi finished unloading the current box right as she hit the last note of the tune causing her to pause with a smile at the perfection of it.

ShinosBee

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:58 pm
Kiri
((I apologize to anyone C'ryn is talking to. xD She won't be rude -- I'm just not 100% sure where the group is located, or who is all involved. Hope you don't mind another sneaking in!))

The brown haired girl picked her way through the crowd outside, pausing now and then to admire one of the many faces. High Reaches certainly didn't lack its share of handsome men and gorgeous women, but she was looking for one face in particular. One she hadn't seen in some time. Kiri wasn't entirely sure she'd bump into him, but with Shinnikan making out with Kellan in some corner, and K'din having declined the party to hide in his weyr, Kiri found herself with a lot more free time then she'd expected!

Her bronze flit Felidae was happily perched upon her shoulder. The creature peeped and cheaped now and then, but for the most part, was content to hang close. He was a small little bronze, but fierce when he needed to be. He periodically sent pictures to Kiri -- mostly of any food that tempted him -- and she did feel his hunger. But she had also spoiled him with treats upon her arrival, and wasn't going to give him any more. So instead, the little critter simply begged where he could.

Now.

C'ryn.

Having had no luck searching inside, the girl had stepped outside, to scan the faces. It was only when she came across a gathering of weyrlings and some larger dragons that she caught sight of a familiar dark haired figure. A double-take and a closer look confirmed it -- now that was her friend from the beach more than a Turn prior! Though he looked to be in a group, Kiri wasn't the sort to hang back. Even if she couldn't talk to him long, she could at least say hello.

Felidae perked up immediately. He didn't know who this stranger was, but the pleasure Kiri felt was shared by the little bronze. He gave a happy chirrup, and for a few moments, took his eyes off his food to peek curiously at the approaching group.

Having enough manners to not just butt in, the girl simply came up behind and slightly to C'ryn's side. She wore an impish smile, waiting to see how long it took for the other to take notice of her approach. There were people coming and going -- and Faranth knew Kiri didn't look like her usual self. Her brown hair was longer, and tied up in a few different clips; she wore a dark green dress, with a thin golden belt, a few gold bracelets, and some large, golden hooped ear-rings. It wasn't the frilliest sort of dress, but it was practical, and she'd won a thirty-second mark off her fellow Western Candidate, who had bet her she wouldn't show her face in anything but slacks.

Ha. Little did they know... Kiri didn't always mind playing dress up. Besides, to see Shinnikan's surprise was worth it. It was clear her brother hadn't expected her to clean up so nicely. So, she smiled politely, nodded along where it was appropriate, and waited.

faesinger

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 pm

Well. Of course he would be nervous. Vera wiped the bags beneath her eyes, unconscious that she was doing so. With Vedra safely tucked away with her grandparents, she ought to be enjoying this moment of freedom. "I don't see why," Vera said, quirking a brow. "You made a good kid. Intentionally or not." Little Vedra was the happiest of accidents, and Vera was honestly a little excited to introduce W'dre to her.

"You'll love her," she assured him suddenly, worried that maybe he'd change his mind about wanting a place in their daughter's life. "She's a handful, but she's great. She... it's hard to describe. I think you'll understand when you meet her. Having a child is like realizing your heart is twice as large as you thought." Which was... about as sappy as Vera ever really got.

Whether or not Serenath's own children were close at claw, the idea of having their little family properly reunited brought a blue shimmer to the Gold's eyes. I would like that, she told Dormith, leaning into him lightly. He was so kind to think of her.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:30 am
User Image

What a swell party, Amare mused as she meandered through the variously gleaming and shabby crowd. Not her usual fare, but nice. She was dressed as befitted the daughter of a Lady Holder, garbed in shimmering white, rainbow, and lilac hues. Perhaps it was a tribute to the little White who had barrelled through the gathering. Perhaps it was a matter of personal taste. Either way, she was here to have a good time, and she smiled graciously as as a drudge offered her a glass of Benden bubbly.

Yes, this would do nicely. Sipping, she admired the crowd, watching as some of the hatchlings played. Some of them had moved outside, but she was disinclined to follow. After all, there was plenty to watch inside. Such as a group of young men seemingly bickering amongst themselves, each ostensibly more the victor than the last. Amaretti sipped her wine and indulged herself in the amusing view.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:36 am
"Half of a good kid," W'dre corrected. Certainly, he had plenty of good to contribute, but he also had enough he hoped that Vedra would never have to show from him. Some of the good, too, he hoped would never have the soil needed for it to grow from.

It seemed that his hesitation had caused some worry, based on how quickly Vera spoke up. "That sounds like quite a big heart to have," he said softly. Just knowing Vedra existed and was his did things to his heart he hadn't known it was capable of for a very, very long time. It wasn't like he was emotionally stunted, but it was like a part of him had dried out in the sun, and the rains were coming. "But you're certainly right, I'm sure she could be described to me all day and it still won't be quite right until I see her myself."

But he wasn't going to place any bets until then.

Very well, I'll see to it, Dormith thrummed as she leaned into him. He did much prefer she have some peace rather than spend a time of celebration with heavier hearts than she meant to have.

Mx Cherie

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:13 am
Shrugging his shoulders, the smile didn't disappear from his lips. Over the past turn formalities, dignity and manners had been drilled into him more then he could every remember. Being a bronzerider meant acting a certain way, at least at events like this, when other eyes were on the Weyr. He had to keep up appearances and make a good impression. As a bronzerider he was, potentially, a future leader of a Wing or even the Weyr itself. The idea thrilled him, as well as scared him, at the same time. He was glad that L'iand hadn't been upset with him preforming the introductions, he had felt like it was just the right thing to do, and not because he was a bronzerider and L'iand was a brownrider, no it was because he had been the one to drag Orri over to the pair, so starting the introductions was on him.

"You've been trained in massage craft?" It piqued C'ryn's interest and he waited for L'iand to finish before he spoke again. "I hope you do not mind if Aresoth and I visit you at some point. During our blooding he pulled a wing muscle. It is better but, I worry it might still cause him some pain from time to time." He hoped he wasn't imposing, Orri had not suggested that to him, it had been for L'iand, but knowing someone with that knowledge and just not using it seemed like a waste.

L'iand's question brought C'ryn's attention back to him and he nodded his head. "It seems that way at least. He hasn't been very interested in the flights that have been currently going on. I saw a couple of his clutchbrothers take wing in the last one." The thought of Aresoth chasing didn't worry C'ryn like he thought it would have. It was just a part of life, and although he had not had to deal with flight lust while connected to a dragon, he was sure it wouldn't be that different from what happened during a Gold Flight. "I'll be happy if he doesn't want to chase every dragon that takes to the air. Makes it easier on me." He knew Aresoth would chase Golds, to the bronze it was his duty to chase after their golden hides, to try and catch them to father a clutch. C'ryn couldn't help but wonder if any dragon would be able to work their way through the barrier or work ethic he had placed up and reach his hearts within.

Chuckling softly, he nodded his head. "Even greens need chasers. If Aresoth wanted to chase them, I wouldn't mind it at all, well...maybe a little if it got to be too many rising and he was just chasing after every one." The darkhaired man watched his friend turn a bit pale, but C'ryn wasn't able to ask him what was wrong when he noticed that someone had come to join their group. They were standing slightly behind him, he could feel the presence of someone there, and see them out of the corner of his eye.

Turning his head, C'ryn couldn't help but be stunned. He hadn't seen her since she last visited the weyr. They kept in contact mostly through letters after they had meet one another an a beach when he had still been a candidate. His food thieving bronze Myrddin had taken food from her and then impressed to him instead. It wasn't the fact that she was here that had stunned the bronzerider, he had figured he would be here with the others from Western....No it was how she was dressed, he hadn't seem her like this before.

His smile spread on his lips and he moved towards her, easily hugging her and lifting her up some as he did. Weyrling training had managed to help him grow a couple of more inches, now standing at six foot four, as well as gaining muscles. "Kiri!"

Once he placed her back on the ground, the bronze couldn't help but act a bit sheepish, not having really thought through his actions and just...reacted to seeing her. "It's good to see you. I hope you are having a good time."

The burst of pleasure that went through C'ryn caused Aresoth to lift his head and look over to where he was standing in a group.

Uta

faesinger

medigel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:22 pm
User Image

Shards! Caught. Dhawsn started as S'del noticed them and then feigned woe, clutching at his heart. "Looks like we been had, Zee," he said before grabbing two cups and handing one to her. "They knew! Must be a traitor 'round here 'r somethin', tellin' 'em the plan. We'll getcha next time, you fiends!" he added to S'del and his friend.

Most sorrowfully, he downed the klah in one go. It was good, at least. But he knew he couldn't indulge in it too much and sighed.

"Party's too quiet, I think. You brush up on yer dancin', Zee?" Dhawsn asked.

Prism Shine

houllow
minor

Uta
thing

medigel

Anxious Spirit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:30 pm
User Image

She went to the feast out of obligation more than for fun. High Reaches in general just...frightened her. Its more militant background, the rigid structure, the knowledge that there was a sense of righteousness among some of the weyr: she felt so very small when she was already quite short as it was. She had taken some food and sneaked away to an unoccupied table to eat, her journal open beside it. She was dressed plainly in Western's colors, her hair up with a few wildflowers around the bun.

After nibbling on bread for several minutes, Stormy picked her pen up and began to people watch. Despite the size of the hall, she still felt claustrophobic. There were still quite a few people, with flits and some dragons on top of the new ones to boot. It was just a touch overwhelming, though she wanted to feel just a little proud of herself for staying regardless instead of backing out entirely. At the very least here she could look at the new dragonets, if only from afar. They were what she was mostly curious about, and what pretty patterns they could inspire in her. She doodled a few from what she could perceive.

Some of the people were also quite eye-catching. One in particular had an array of colors that were pleasing, and Stormy couldn't help but continually glance in her direction as she made notes: lilac, white, royal purple, hints of soft blue...

Mx Cherie
just.....casually watching.........

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:11 pm
User Image

"I have!" Orri announced proudly, now that it was clear how well it was being received. "I-I promise I'm very good! You can all visit whenever you want, it's no problem." He had always imagined being near the epic protectors of Pern, but it was something else entirely to be validated by an actual rider. And a dragon, too! He could almost hear his mother remind him of the favors it could get him if he kept loyal customers on top of that.

Aaand then it was Flight talk. The boy tried not to make a face; natural occurrence or not, it was just weird to think about to him. And boring. Well, beyond maybe tracing back a hero's genealogy or something...Wouldn't that be something? To be another son in a super famous dragonrider's bloodline? (Not that Herg'r wasn't a cool dad, but Orri had his fantasies nonetheless.)

And now there was another woman coming in, which made Orri feel like he was starting to become third wheel territory. Uh....He smiled pleasantly at her but didn't interrupt what appeared to be a reunion.

BastetAmun

faesinger

Uta

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Kissing Nadry's hand once more, R'shahar chuckled. "C'lusi, would you really charm anyone as distracted as you are?" the tall man asked, gently tugging Nadry into the center of their little circle. For indeed he knew that both she and C'lusi wanted to be close together. If he remained at the outside of the circle, well, he certainly had enough here to appreciate.

"I'll figure out the place. I'll have to take some time to go, but I think it would be well worthwhile." Given that they'd never really been on a date before, apart from the present situation, of course, it couldn't hurt to spend some time getting to know one another. As a group, as he knew C'lusi quite well indeed.

As far as the place went... "My only problem with beaches is the sand. Getting sand out of things is... unpleasant." Not that he minded the idea of spending a day at the beach with Nadry and C'lusi. In fact, it was a pleasant idea. "If that works for both of you, I'll be fine with it," he moved to assure them. For, if Nadry also preferred a beach, he'd be game. He was an easy going man.

He squeezed C'lusi's hand, and Nadry's, and listened as his dragon cooed over his two companions. You are both stunning, Viandarth crooned, enjoying having them both well under his wings. Yes, this was most pleasant. If they wrapped just so, they might all touch. I was never as tiny as all of that, he said with a certainty, for he was quite a large Bronze indeed.

Uta
Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:12 pm
Between the kisses to her hand and the seemingly endless compliments, and the path she couldn't help but notice C'lusi's eyes took, the flitters in her stomach were quite ready to fly away with her, and this date had only just begun!  She was doomed.  Quite happy, but increasingly doubtful of her ability to make it through without simply expiring on the spot, or if nothing else saying something daft.  The very thought of dancing, when C'lusi mentioned it, was terrifying!  She did know how, of course, but how terribly embarrassing would it be if she tripped up?  Not that she would lack for someone to catch her - and would her heart please stop doing that it was very distracting.

Nadry put up no resistance when tugged to a position that put her a bit closer to C'lusi as well, for she did indeed want to be closer to the bluerider...but her gaze went just as often to the bronzerider who held her hand.  She was deeply fascinated by the both of them, in every way. "I'd like to go to a beach," she admitted, "I've never really spent any time at all near the sea." Practicing between coordinates didn't count! "But if the sand is too much of a mess, I wouldn't mind somewhere else.  The company will be delightful regardless."

Standing close with the two of them, doing her best not to flounder in such unfamiliar waters, she felt not only overwhelmed but also comically short.  R'shahar might be 'tall' (as if tall remained an accurate descriptor past a certain point) one of the two, but even C'lusi had a foot or so on her.  Ah, she felt the odd one out in multiple categories here.  But for all the nerves and doubts, there was just as much excitement and hope, and she felt special indeed that any of this was happening at all, that they were trying.  Seeing if, maybe, together would work.

"For now, maybe closer to the food?" Not that she was even all that hungry, but maybe that would settle her nerves a bit?  Or she could feel worse, that was also an option, but hopefully not. "I wouldn't want to forget." A little smile with a hint of self-conscious humor.

Menankith preened under Macuith's compliments as always, unconsciously altering his posture to draw himself up and look just so, although the stoic, dignified pose didn't last long at all.  It was abandoned in favor of cuddling up with bronze and blue, wrapped just so and shaded by Viandarth's marvelous wings. Eveleth should be jealous, he agreed, For there are no finer dragons to be found in all the Weyr.

It is odd to remember being small.  I do miss how easy it was to cuddle with Mine, but I am glad to be grown.

Uta

Mx Cherie

Meepfur
Crew

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:23 pm
Meepfur

"I guess it would matter on what your definition of good is but there is certainly more then tea and tiny sandwiches." Rylyrr assured and took a few moments to admire Akaris dress. "You look very lovely, and do you wish to browse the spread or do something else?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:57 pm
User Image

Well, well, well? What have we here? Amaretti pretended not to notice the girl who was avidly sketching away, quite used to being stared at. In fact, as a model she spent a lot of time posing for others, having an artist's eyes on her. Today was no exception. She continued to watch the crowd, an amused smirk sliding across her face as she observed a certain trio of boys. Weren't men funny? Fun, too.

Not quite so fun from over here, but she didn't mind people watching. Or being watched. She sipped her glass of Benden bubbly, nursing it as she surveyed her surroundings. A watcher being watched and covertly watching their own watcher. What an enchanting diversion! Sliding her gaze across the crowd, the saw that very artist again - but looked past, taking in the sights.

medigel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:37 pm
He offered her a rueful smile once she seemed to approve. Of course it fit well... she was the one who'd painstakingly made it for him. The nicest things he'd ever own had come from her nimble fingers and tireless effort. It made G'ran reluctant to wear them, for fear of daily wear and tear. Silly, maybe, but for a man who came from having nothing, to be given so precious a gift... The thought of squandering it wastefully was enough to make him balk.

"Eating." G'ran replied honestly, but also as a way to forestall his other intentions. That would be a secret that he would try to work up the courage for later. "Figure we could watch the hatchlings." It was still so bizarre to him, to think that their hatchlings had been this size... and now, Elzebuth was a giant of a brown, fully grown and settling nicely into his new lifestyle.

A rough thumb gently brushed over the backs of her fingers a few time as he thought. "Did you?"

--

Tebath's sudden departure would be followed by the sensation of silky, mental caress from his headknobs to the tip of his tail. Elzebuth's goodbye was warm and wordless, filled with mirth even as he instantly dismissed the older brown and didn't spare him another glance. The invitation to speak of himself was accepted with grace, and Elzebuth allowed his wings to settle before he spoke.

I do not believe my color means anything. He said smoothly, despite how straightforward the words were. Why, if I can outfly and outpace a bronze, should I not consider myself superior to that individual? I intend to rise as high as I may, and I will rise. With the blessings of the Queens, of course. He dipped his head, low and deferential in that moment.

demon_pachabel

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas