Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Magic Clutch] Threadfall Practice - Weyrling Lesson! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:07 pm
But at least you look—

Purple clouded T'rin's vision as the largest clump of pseudoThread yet whapped him in the face. The blue beneath him was silent for all of ten seconds, then a squeal of amusement eked out of him, followed by a sharp rise on an unexpected thermal. The clump dislodged, trailing down Ingonth's back and rendering him abruptly silent. T'rin chuckled.

Quote:
8. The 8 is a lie. D: But for real, you get scored. Seriously. You get scored so bad your dragon gets grumpy and you are less than pleased since Cheri is a jerk and has stained both of you. (+3)

Roll: 7/10
Total: 14

Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:34 pm
Don't laugh.

All right.

Quote:
1. Shardit all! You were doing so good too! Another gust of wind sends thread to hit you on your right leg and stain your new riding straps. (+1)

Roll: 8/10
Total: 15

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:52 pm
Ingonth narrowed his eyes. Don't condescend either.

T'rin's brows rose higher on his purple face. I'm—

Wait. Do you smell that?

Quote:
10. DID YOU LEAVE THE STOVE ON!? NO! DYED ROPE! FAKE THREAD! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A STOVE SO WTF! BUT SERIOUSLY . . . DID YOU LEAVE IT ON!? (+1)

Roll: 9/10
Total: 16

Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:09 pm
No?

It smells like smoke. Is something on fire?

Um...

T'rin tried to peer through the paint, but all he could see was one last red glob as it smacked against Ingonth's wing.

Quote:
7. You are frustrated, your dragon seems to running out of steam. You try to encourage your dragon but this drill seems never ending and the dye seems to be a little itchy on your dragon's hide. Not cool. With a sharp updraft, your dragon gets hit on the main wingsail and leaves a thick red stain in its place. (+2)

Roll: 10/10
Total: 18

Smerdle

Scamp

Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:07 pm
Quote:
6. The dyed rope hits your dragon's chest and left forearm. How uncreative. (+1)

Roll: 1/10
Total: 1 | 1 +

Dragon and rider swerved through the air. Agility was not their strong suit, and Nya gritted her teeth as painted yarn caught Mic squarely across the chest before flopping onto her forearm. Shards!

Mic merely grumbled.  
Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:11 pm
Quote:
10. DID YOU LEAVE THE STOVE ON!? NO! DYED ROPE! FAKE THREAD! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A STOVE SO WTF! BUT SERIOUSLY . . . DID YOU LEAVE IT ON!? (+1)

Roll: 2/10
Total: 2 | 1 + 1

Nyara could have sworn she smelled something burning, and glanced up just as fake Thread spiralled into view. Quick! Mic, barrel roll- no! But her thoughts were not ordered enough. A moment of panic had thrown her off, and as Mictecath began to roll through the air, the yarn slopped against her wing.

I’m so sorry.

Are you all right? Feeling normal? Nothing is on fire…

Yes. I’m okay. Probably.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm
Quote:
5. You were thinking about your crush. You know you have to stay focused, you know you have to be on your game but it isn't as if this drill is REAL thread. You can't help it. It just happened. But during that moments distraction, that second daydream, you missed the thread falling too far back for your dragon to see. Both of you get hit on the back and your dragon's tail. Oops. (+3)

Roll: 3/10
Total: 5 | 1 + 1 + 3

Mic fought the wind, pushing and pulling back as needed. Nyara’s attention slipped- just for a moment- as memories rushed unbidden.

Then the slimy wet yarn made its way down her neck and across her back, slopping onto her dragon. I deserved that. Sorry.

They do have a lot of yarn, don’t they…  
Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:21 pm
Quote:
2. So focused on avoiding a rogue patch of green dyed rope to you right, and your thoughts focused on where you need to jump ahead when it comes to *between* to avoid it should the wind not work in your favor, both of you are blindsided and hit on the left! Thick messes slide down your dragon's arms and hit the wing-sail near his/her back. (+3)

Roll: 4/10
Total: 8 | 1 + 1 + 3 + 3

Nya’s focus grew intense, deciding to put that encounter as far from her mind as possible. It was not until the last moment that she saw the giant glump on their left, and Mic grumbled again.

We are fortunate this is only a drill...

Nya sagged a little in her straps. Down in the Queen’s wing, they would be less exposed to live Thread like this… but her fellow weyrlings- future wingriders- would not be so fortunate. They- she- had to do better!  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:25 pm
Quote:

Roll: 5/10
Total: 9 | 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 1

The goldrider’s stomach gave a loud rumble, reminding her that she hadn’t eaten as much as she would have liked for breakfast that morning. She reached out to assess Mictecath’s strength and energy.

I am well. I ate yesterday. Please, let’s concentrate. As much as I appreciate being colourful, I do not especially feel like being told off.  
Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:28 pm
Quote:
1. Shardit all! You were doing so good too! Another gust of wind sends thread to hit you on your right leg and stain your new riding straps. (+1)

Roll: 6/10
Total: 10 | 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1

Ducking, weaving, winding and Betweening, Nya grew more confident… until a tangle of painted yarn slopped across her right leg and caught the freshly oiled and embroided straps. Her heart sank and twisted with sudden and uncharacteristic sentimental attachment.

You could just… clean them later? After you’ve cleaned me, of course... Mic’s suggestion was soft, but the tone was a little bit less than helpful.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:34 pm
Quote:
6. The dyed rope hits your dragon's chest and left forearm. How uncreative. (+1)

Roll: 7/10
Total: 11 | 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1

How desperately she wanted to have her flamethrower and just burn these yarn-balls to the ground…

Oops. I didn’t see that one. I think it came from above. More paint coloured Mic’s chest, and Nya glared at Rukbat briefly for blinding them.  
Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:37 pm
Quote:
2. So focused on avoiding a rogue patch of green dyed rope to you right, and your thoughts focused on where you need to jump ahead when it comes to *between* to avoid it should the wind not work in your favor, both of you are blindsided and hit on the left! Thick messes slide down your dragon's arms and hit the wing-sail near his/her back. (+3)

Roll: 8/10
Total: 14 | 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3

Her calculations came at a great cost, for the deadly painted yarn rained more colour down upon them. Nyaranau hissed a curse from between gritted teeth.

It will be okay. This does not truly reflect Fall... But even she sounded pained by their failings.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm
Quote:

Roll: 9/10
Total: 15 | 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1

At least her concentration wasn’t drifting as it once had. She had matured in that regard.

And I am very proud of you. Let’s wait until class is finished before celebrating? Mic teased with good humour.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff