Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
US Arc - TM1 - Lost In Ultra Space [Complete] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:41 pm
Freth would pick up on the roller coaster of emotions coming off of Desi at the moment, but also would note her being deathly quiet suddenly. That was...perhaps a lot. Unfortunately, what she said wasn't any less true. For now she'd listen on to Vaughn; once again, his demeanor being made apparent to her in more ways than one. Sadly, this left Freth once again at a loss. 'King Aether'? 'Not as bad out there anymore'? She took a glance about, taking note to the dome overhead. Shelter. She tries to remember what brought this place about. She could only recall something bad happened, which is why she was here. But such thoughts were echoes and static amongst other conflicting thoughts, almost as if this place wasn't real to begin with. A little surreal, truth be told.

"You're starting to get more attention." The entity in her mind told her. Freth knew. At this point, however, she couldn't get herself to care any longer. Right now, she had this Vaughn character trying to assemble Snagems for...what? Exactly? The most that she could discern is that it wasn't exactly kosher to anyone's health beyond the dome in some fashion.

"And what do you think by chance?" Freth told him. "Do you know for certain about what it is like out there? First hand? No rumor or anything of the sort? And what of King Aether? How badly has he pissed you off?" Freth was careful as she peppered Vaughn with her questions; questions where she could not only get answers about what's going on around here, but for that matter why would he want to make this a Snagem matter and at the very least if he knew what he was asking. If nothing else, the questions shouldn't expose her particular predicament right at the moment. Or so she would think, anyhow.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:10 pm
SubonicXP

The bandit jumped slightly, startled by the appearance of the Togekiss and proceeded to just stare at it until the creature decided to pass gas, the Wicker bandit recoiling and waving his hand in front of his nose. Gross. Growling to himself he gestured for Bewear to snatch Rekah up again, the bear swatting the Togekiss away. With its trainer's command the Bewear carried her into an alleyway and slammed her down on a wooden crate, the bandit then putting his bandana over his face and taking out a strange blue glowing Pokeball and held it out within inches of her face. "Open it." He demanded..

Rekah's grotesques appearance also came with a toxic smell. "You're helping me? right now?" *Coughing and hacking* "Must not be so rough on my fragile body." He wheezed. "Why are you so insistent on me opening this pokeball." Rekah reached up the pokeball.

Under the notion of the trainer being up to no good; Rekah has been eating some rotten berries. Opening the pokeball Rekah let out a burp. "Oh excuse me. I didnt mean to be that rude." Further reaching out to the pokeball Rekah announces; "My dear, what are you playing at?" As another belch came up. All that Garbage and berries i've been eating.

Rekah's cloak would start to bubble and a extremely loud gurgling sound started coming from Rekah. "Oh my, those berries must not have settled to well with me." Drawing attention from their cloak; opening its mouth to let out yet another loud belch that would cause an earthquake. Reaching back into their cloak to pull out a pink vial that was connected to an interesting device. I think this will do." Placing the small pink vial into the device a Horrid smell that would make the strongest stomach curl. "I think that will do it for now. My lungs are not what they use to be after living in the Wasterlands." Breathing in some fumes from the device. "I thank ye for the mask. If you done with the rough housing; i'll take my leave." They said blowing a clouds of poisonous gas in their wake.  

Arkelos

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:55 pm
[Flower City]

”Atlantis_Darts”

”Darksol88”

TerashiLeonGoken

”DragonFang099”

(Flower City Dungeons)

LJ didn’t say much as the group began to argue and fight among themselves, or rather everyone directed their anger and frustration at the fishmonger’s son. The Pinsir hybrid had only known him for a few minutes and he could already tell the guy was a lightning rod for trouble. His interest was peaked when Akali mentioned a rod, LJ receiving confirmation of what felt different about this human. He didn’t have a chance to really think much else on it as his attention was snapped back towards Yuni who just targeted the fishmonger’s son’s family jewels with a Double Kick. Wait, a Double Kick? How!?

Right after was when the entire room shook violently, followed by a deafening boom and then darkness as the dungeon caved in on them followed by deathly silence...

”Blizzard120”

”Requiem of Whyspers”

”DragonFang099”

Vaughn recoiled from all of Freth’s questions, he knew there would be plenty and had expected them but the meek man wasn’t prepared for it. Taking a nervous step back he thought to run away again but stopped himself as he took a deep breath and began to speak. “I uh...work for King Aether you could say? I was originally an assistant to Duke Faba but he had me put into the king’s personal research division in The Foundation, to sort of have an ear on the inside. I guess that makes me a spy…” He said, almost ashamed of himself. Was hard to believe a guy like this would be any good as a spy for anyone.

“Faba was mostly just interested in what new breakthroughs The Foundation was making in reversing the pollution and The Hunger, to kind of steal the information and glory for himself. However I dug a little deeper and uh...there is reasonable belief, held by the king’s own private research team, that the pollution has rapidly declined over the past several years to tolerable levels. And if the pollution is in decline then the disease, The Hunger, should be as well along with it. It was suggested to the king to send expeditionary teams out to confirm their readings but he refused to even humor the idea and ordered the data destroyed. One person tried to resist and even began planning to release the data to the public but was discovered before he could do anything and the king had him executed…” Vaughn explained, now staring down at the ground again. Freth could feel his emotions clearly in that moment, he was sad, mournful even.

“He was my brother, Barao. I was the one that talked him into the scheme, and from the very beginning we were plotting a sort of triple cross, betraying both Faba and King Aether, we just never knew how deep it all went. Barao wanted to pull back when the heat was turned up but I pushed him to keep going, that maybe this was our chance to take back our world, or at least overthrow the king. Or if nothing else do something about the dying tree. But in the end all that happened was my brother ended up dead, I became blacklisted and cast into the wastelands.” The man went silent again, saying nothing more. Freth would have time to get a few words in as he looked away but listened to whatever she had to say. However at some point she would be cut off by a fierce shaking followed by tremendous boom, everyone thrown to the ground by the sheer force of the expanding shockwave that rushed over them and shattered all glass.

Before anyone had a chance to question what just happened, darkness would fall as a thick plume of dust, smoke, and other airborne debris settled on them, only the dim suggestion of the artificial sun lamps lining the streets providing any sort of light. There was plenty of screaming in the first second, but then, silence.

-----

”Espeon_Commander”

”Not a Noise”

Elsewhere in Flower City…

Crystal would have another flare up of her ‘sixth sense’, informing her to there was no time to escape the city, whatever was about to happen was going to happen soon, within minutes. She might have enough time to get her and the young hybrid into something of shelter but leaving the city was out of the question. The moment Crystal got them somewhere it happened. A massive quake followed by a tremendous boom and then darkness as dust and debris clouded the air. Then, silence.

[Poni Wastelands and New Po Town]

”Espeon_Commander”

”Reno Vantas”

”DrachenKaiser2021”

”MoniqueBrie”

Those outside of Flower City, in the Wastelands or in New Po Town, would get a glimpse or feel of the chaos that unfolded in the city as the shockwave spread out from the epicenter, rumbling the ground beneath their feets followed by the plume of dust and smoke rising up high above Flower City in the distance. Something terrible happened, and nothing truly ‘terrible’ ever happened in Flower City, not under the king’s watch. Would they be compelled to investigate? Perhaps help survivors? Hard to say how these people outside of the safe haven of Flower City would react, if they could find any pity in their hearts.

[Flower City]

”Arkelos”

The bandit winced over the smell and scowled at Rekah as they prepared to leave. He didn’t know how much longer he could take this smell, especially after the Muk, but he couldn’t let her ruin the plan they had invested so much time in. It was now or never and if she didn’t want to open the ball he would do it for her.

“Here! Take this, you freak!” He shouted, hurling the weird ball at Rekah before promptly falling to his knees and vomiting. Panic was beginning to set in as he vomited, realizing he wasn’t going to have enough time to get away. Luckily for him his Bewear picked up the vomiting man, slung it over its shoulder, and bolted as fast as it could.

Now this might be concerning for Rekah but they would not have time to consider it as the Pokeball released a very strange creature in front of her. Purple in color with glowing blue eyes the small floating reptilian looked at her with a confused look for a few seconds before taking a big whiff of the air and letting out a happy, however distorted and otherworldly, cry before throwing itself at Rekah and giving them a big hug.

Rekah might think this was cute for a few minutes as the creature cuddled up to her, but quickly she would realize this hug was rapidly becoming deadly, even if the strange creature didn’t mean to. You see, Rekah was a Poison Channeler and due to her unique physiology to survive out in the most polluted of the wastelands she developed the passive ability to take in toxins and use them to stabilize her form in environments lacking the toxins her body had grown accustomed to needing to survive. But now though, she had a little creature that was able to produce a neigh unlimited amount of toxins in a pristine environment, their body primed to take in every little bit possible.

The untrained Poison Channeler would begin to instinctively absorb all the toxins the purple critter was putting out, their Channeling going haywire and they would have no way to stop it, let alone actually understand why this was happening. The next thing they knew they were swelling, expanding like a balloon as their skin became malleable and their body filling up with poison energies beyond capacity. They were Channeling with this creature, unwittingly, and now the power she was gaining from it was rapidly spiralling out of control.

Rekah would have just long enough to realize this was bad, really bad, but before they could do anything about it or think further on it the gasses and toxins being produced in her were released all at once as the otherworldly purple being released the hug and thus the connection with this unlimited supply of poison energies. The release of stored gasses and toxins in her resulted in a massive explosion which consumed the entire central area of Flower City and sent Rekah flying. Thankfully this temporary hyper malleable form they gained allowed them to survive the explosion and impact but they would still be extremely sore and certainly confused over what happened. Darkness soon fell as dust and smoke clouded the sky from the explosion. Was this their fault?

-----

”Everyone”

[Epicenter and beyond in Flower City]

The silence was pregnant. How many survived? Did anyone? Each of our ‘heroes’ would wonder, even briefly, if they were the lone survivor of this explosion, however soon they might realize they weren’t alone. Those in the dungeon would have to find a way to dig themselves out of the rubble as the stone structure caved in. In the streets the buildings around them were mostly intact thanks to their superior structure however there was glass everywhere, vehicles thrown around, and other debris scattered about, plenty for a person to get stuck under. Plus there was the lingering cloud of toxic fumes making it difficult to see. And again, why was it so quiet?

Vaughn was not one of the lucky ones though. Groaning in pain he slowly regained his senses only to realize he was trapped. Largely okay, bruised and sore, his head ringing, but at some point he was thrown into an alley by the explosion and one of the nearby propaganda billboards would have fallen down upon him, resting on a nearby wall just enough to stop it from flattening him. “H-hello?” He called out, weakly.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:08 pm
Response was quick. Gregory was quick to his feet and rushed out to the hall, where the teams were moving quickly to make sure that nobody was hurt. Gregory quickly went out to the streets to help the individuals that were hurt with a first aid kit in hand and was quick to get a fallen beam off of an individual and went to help treat the person as he was hurt bad.
"Hang in there, trust me on this" Gregory said with a calm voice and was also making sure what happened was only small to this person.  

DeoLux

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:33 pm
Freth would listen to Vaughn, and by extension, so did the resident in her mind. First thing Freth thought once he got to the point of his brother, this turned into a situation similar to what Sub had oh so long ago. With the residing king of the Kalos region. And how he as time went on made the situation more and more personal. While it was fortunate that he was talked out of the situation thanks to discovering it was a plot devised by Lysandre, there was a brief moment in time where perhaps many a Snagem thought they were going to lose Sub to his own rage and subsequently a icy subordinate who was trying to help him keep in check. Vaughn, while perhaps true in his notion to potentially help others, it'd be a lie to say that this wasn't fueled by the loss of his brother. There was no hiding it. Vaughn's depression over the matter started to overcome his fear of the Articuno female, as far as what Freth could tell. He had a vendetta to fulfill. It really was just like old times.

"Freth, you're feeling nostalgic and I don't like it." the voice in her head protested. "You can't possibly be thinking to help this guy. He just admitted to you he was with the King. Spies can feign emotion, you know. They'd have to in order to fool even more clairvoyant psychics. You're just doing nothing more than getting a feel of their feelings."

"Then let me find the road to hell doing what I know..." Freth would simply state, quickly snapping her head back towards her reflection on the screen, unable to hold her tongue against the entity any longer in front of the two. "...because otherwise, this is no way to live."

Though the moment she uttered that, it would seem that something would grant that wish. The explosion would rock the area and the blast wave would rush on by, and all would be silent. Freth underneath some debris would look up, practically scared out of her mind from the sudden rush. But...she would notice she wasn't crushed. She was hurt, perhaps with some debris catching her, a few cuts, one notable one on her forehead which was bleeding out down the side of her face, but she would notice, that despite all logic, she wasn't getting crushed. The feather tips on her wings and the onyx feathers about her eyes were completely lit up.

"Are you alright?"the voice spoke.

"...are...are you doing that?" Freth asked.

"I haven't been able to do that since I found my way in your head." she said. "You did that out of pure instinct, and its lucky you did, otherwise, you wouldn't be asking that question. Though, get a handle on it before you change this situation for the worse." This was the power that she had, Freth would realize. A telekinetic. It was starting to come to her, almost like muscle memory. She had done this many times before over the years living here, but yet she didn't remember as to how or why. This world, the happenings, even right at this moment were too surreal to even comprehend. But one problem at a time...she needed out of this rubble. Almost as if she was pushing herself, she unleashed a psychic burst, blowing the rubble away from her.

As soon as she got up and her feathers dimmed back down to their normal coloring, she started to look around and realized everything was now a mess. She choked a bit on the dust and fumes that was starting to spread everywhere. An explosion of some kind rocked this place, just right out of nowhere. She didn't know who or what caused it. She then perked up, the feeling of someone in pain. "Vaughn? Vaughn!" Freth rushed over. There was a bunch of debris. Her feathers once again lit up as she tried to concentrate and the debris started to shift, moving off of Vaughn as she moved it aside. Vaughn was in poor shape, but alive. At least for the time being. Before she even thought to check on him, a realization came to her. "Crap, the kid." she then said, trying to get a read on the Masquerain hybrid as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:22 pm
The first to emerge from the rubble was a Buneary hybrid as she pulled herself out of the rubble. She had a bit of an odd look to her. Her movements were sluggish but somewhat fast, as if the girl had a strong will that was trying to push her very, very tired body past what it was comfortable to do. The determined look in her eyes certainly set that sort of tone. It didn't help that she looked considerably worse for wear, for that matter. Cuts and matted fur - telltale signs of bruising for the experienced eye - dotted her body and the amount of tearing on her sundress didn't help matters. Yet, despite how badly it seemed that she needed rest, she soldiered on, starting to walk away once on her feet. The voice in her head wanted to run - to use Agility to get away, but she didn't have it in her. Walking at a slightly faster than normal pace was the best she could do in her condition. She tried her best to keep her head down and not look at anyone as she tried to get away, but she knew that chances were slim that she'd be actually able to get out of the city. Somebody would stop her eventually.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:39 pm
Not A Noise

Another quiver in her tail. They weren’t going to be able to find the problem in time. Curse her age! Especially in these conditions. Alright, plan B. Find a safe spot for the two of them. She looked around and found a relatively small alleyway nearby, with buildings that seemed to have sturdy walls at least. “Eri, this way. Once we get in, sit against the wall as close as you can, okay?” The Espeon hybrid would follow Eri into the alleyway and hunker down next to her once the Emolga hybrid was relatively settled, bringing up a small psychic barrier around them right before the explosion happened. All she could do now was hold Eri close to her and pray nothing happened to either of them during all of this.

The aftermath of it would leave the Espeon hybrid’s mind swimming longer than normal, between the sound of the explosion and everyone’s screaming, the force of the blast wave, then the rapid and sudden silence, plenty of minds silenced from all of that. Even if she wasn’t barging her way into people's minds, she subconsciously kept tabs on them, just to note generally where people were. “Gack….” Crystal would cough a couple times as she tried to get her bearings, shoving any sort of debris that managed to find a home on her barrier away. The pair would still be covered in any dust that came up, and her barrier sure wasn’t going to keep air out, so there was still the poisonous haze, but Crystal had at least made sure that the pair weren’t getting crushed. “Eri, you okay,” she coughed finally after getting her bearings, lifting her head up some. Looking around, she would send another mental thought out to any that could possibly receive it. ‘Hey, anyone else out there that survived that blast?’  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:09 pm
Monique happened to be outside on Main Street with her third and other Pokémon—an Oricorio—having a conversation with one of the guards at the western entrance, when a shockwave and loud blast interrupted both of them.

"What was that!?" There weren't many things that made that much noise here—or anywhere, for that matter. A few bricks had fallen off of building facades, making noise as they hit the ground.

"Look! Smoke!" a resident further back from the edge of town shouted, pointing up in the sky. Monique had to step back, her vision initially blocked by the wall. A plume of smoke was rising from the direction of Flower City, swirling and spreading as it reached the dome.

Monique had no love lost for Flower City, which was an insular place that had little use for the rest of the island other than a dumping ground for its so-called undesirables. Even then, she could not help but be concerned. If a few bricks were falling down here, there was no telling what those closest to the blast were experiencing.  

MoniqueBrie

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:26 pm
Jay watched, fascinated, as the Buneary hybrid, with some unknown power, managed to let out a move that he didn't quite recognize. How was she able to produce the power with the cuffs active? He couldn't really do anything as she got up and spoke in a voice that wasn't hers. Where did this deeper, more mature female voice come from? His unasked question was answered when Yuni, or whomever was communicating through her at the moment, said they were damned if their daughter would kill herself over the fishmonger's son. Wait, was her mother speaking through her? How in the world was that possible? He didn't have much time to contemplate this, or how in the world the Buneary hybrid was suddenly able to use Double Kick, when a sudden earthquake shook the dungeon they were in.

The resulting explosion sent debris raining down, and the stone collapsing around them had Jay dodging the falling rocks as best he could. When the rumbling finally stopped, and silence ensued, Jay found that he couldn't move much, though he was lucky he wasn't pinned beneath the rubble. He tried to look around, but all he could see was darkness. He couldn't even hear his cellmates, so he had to assume they were trapped, as well. After a moment, he could hear someone scrabbling to dig out of the rubble, and he had to wonder who it was, though he didn't have time to dwell on it as he, too, began to dig himself out. Once he had a good-sized hole, he pulled himself out of the rubble, then looked around. He could just see Yuni disappearing, and he was glad she made it out alright, but he knew there were still three others trapped in the rubble, so he began to dig, hoping to perhaps pull LJ, the fishmonger's son, and Akali out, or at least make it to where they could breathe.

----

Allison listened as Vaughn and Freth spoke, not really sure what they were talking about. She had picked up on the fact that Vaughn wanted something from Freth, but what it was, she didn't know. She listened for several moments before a quake suddenly shook the ground, and she stumbled as she tried to keep her balance, getting hit by some of the debris in the process. Thankfully, both Arauth and Spooky were able to sense the danger, and both used Psychic on her to make sure she wasn't buried. That being said, since they hadn't used their powers in some time, both Ghost-types were rather worn out by the time the quake finally stopped, and Allison was placed gently on the ground.

"Crap, what the heck happened?" she asked, not really expecting an answer. "We need to see if anyone else survived that." She knew that both Freth and Vaughn had survived, as Freth had somehow escaped being buried thanks to some forgotten power she held, and the Articuno hybrid managed to find Vaughn and make sure he was alright. As Freth realized that there was someone else she needed to find, Allison moved forward. "I can help here," she said, moving to help Freth move the debris to reveal Vaughn, alive but weak. "Take it easy, now. I'm going to try to move more of this rubble to see if I can get you out. Spooky, Arauth, help me out here." She didn't like putting too much pressure on her companions, but she didn't have any other choice. Right now, they were her best shot of helping move rubble and getting people out if she could.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:51 pm
Espeon_Commander
Not A Noise

Another quiver in her tail. They weren’t going to be able to find the problem in time. Curse her age! Especially in these conditions. Alright, plan B. Find a safe spot for the two of them. She looked around and found a relatively small alleyway nearby, with buildings that seemed to have sturdy walls at least. “Eri, this way. Once we get in, sit against the wall as close as you can, okay?” The Espeon hybrid would follow Eri into the alleyway and hunker down next to her once the Emolga hybrid was relatively settled, bringing up a small psychic barrier around them right before the explosion happened. All she could do now was hold Eri close to her and pray nothing happened to either of them during all of this.

The aftermath of it would leave the Espeon hybrid’s mind swimming longer than normal, between the sound of the explosion and everyone’s screaming, the force of the blast wave, then the rapid and sudden silence, plenty of minds silenced from all of that. Even if she wasn’t barging her way into people's minds, she subconsciously kept tabs on them, just to note generally where people were. “Gack….” Crystal would cough a couple times as she tried to get her bearings, shoving any sort of debris that managed to find a home on her barrier away. The pair would still be covered in any dust that came up, and her barrier sure wasn’t going to keep air out, so there was still the poisonous haze, but Crystal had at least made sure that the pair weren’t getting crushed. “Eri, you okay,” she coughed finally after getting her bearings, lifting her head up some. Looking around, she would send another mental thought out to any that could possibly receive it. ‘Hey, anyone else out there that survived that blast?’

Zac tried once more, urgently in his limited capabilities to warn his Keeper, but he was nearly worn and he was tired and thus he kept to blinking once Crystal's tail twitched again. Pressing close, she nods and flees into the alley, pushing up against the wall and protectively covering Zac with her body against the wall; if anyone should survive what dangers coming, it would be the Core.

Crystals' embrace reminds her of Rhyme holding her and humming and the younger Hybrid secures herself, watching halfly as the psychic shield come up...she starts to scream but muffles her sound in her horror and fright as the explosion, the rocking, and she closes her eyes tight and protectively holds Zac, waiting for it all to end.

She only opens them when Crystal begins to cough as instinct tells her to rebound and check on the elder woman, but around them....what had been was now fallen. Smoke that burned her eyes made the girl quickly as she could adjust the scarf she wore, letting it more securely cover her mouth as she, too, coughs in the dusty and toxic air. She checked her sling, and Zac was okay, peeping weakly at her with its blinking light.

Zac was safe. The core was safe. Thank goodness. "My...chest hurts a little but I'm fine, Ms. Crystal.." She admits softly, coughing again and staring wide-eyed at the haze that surrounded them. "Zacs...Zacs okay too. Thank you...for protecting us. What...what happened? Whats this...smoke? Was this what...you were talking about?" Had she made a bad choice?  

Not a Noise

Friendly Puppy

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Market Browser 100

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:16 pm
Not a Noise

Zac tried once more, urgently in his limited capabilities to warn his Keeper, but he was nearly worn and he was tired and thus he kept to blinking once Crystal's tail twitched again. Pressing close, she nods and flees into the alley, pushing up against the wall and protectively covering Zac with her body against the wall; if anyone should survive what dangers coming, it would be the Core.

Crystals' embrace reminds her of Rhyme holding her and humming and the younger Hybrid secures herself, watching halfly as the psychic shield come up...she starts to scream but muffles her sound in her horror and fright as the explosion, the rocking, and she closes her eyes tight and protectively holds Zac, waiting for it all to end.

She only opens them when Crystal begins to cough as instinct tells her to rebound and check on the elder woman, but around them....what had been was now fallen. Smoke that burned her eyes made the girl quickly as she could adjust the scarf she wore, letting it more securely cover her mouth as she, too, coughs in the dusty and toxic air. She checked her sling, and Zac was okay, peeping weakly at her with its blinking light.

Zac was safe. The core was safe. Thank goodness. "My...chest hurts a little but I'm fine, Ms. Crystal.." She admits softly, coughing again and staring wide-eyed at the haze that surrounded them. "Zacs...Zacs okay too. Thank you...for protecting us. What...what happened? Whats this...smoke? Was this what...you were talking about?" Had she made a bad choice?
Eri was moving, and Zac was still blinking. Thank Arceus. She wouldn't have to head back to the Duchy and tell Rhyme that her idea had cost the life of her grandchild, much less the Zygarde Core. Crystal wouldn't have known what she would do at that point, and thankfully, she wouldn't have to worry about that. "Of course, I'm just glad you're okay, Eri. And... -cough cough- I think so. I don't get full on premonitions as I do just an early onset of something bad about to happen. But this was almost certainly it. I'm sorry, Eri." Crystal coughed a bit more as she searched for her walking staff, finally finding it and using it to push herself to her feet. "Now then...." The old hybrid had to think for a moment. Her initial instinct would have been to send out her old dragon, maybe help get the air moving while also helping to move things. Buuuuut, he had a flaming tail, so no. A potential second explosion would not go very well for anyone, now with the air as it was. However. She did have a second creature with wings. However this Pokémon survived things, she wouldn't know, considering it was older than her by a good.. extremely long amount of time. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out an old weathered Great Ball and pressed the button. "Kairos, give us a Tailwind and try to bring some fresh air in, please," she coughed, bringing out her old Sigilyph.

The strange looking bird looked around, then made a bowing gesture to Crystal and Eri. 'Mistress Crystal, Mistress Eri. I am glad to see you both in good enough health,' the bird would telepathically send to them. There would be a couple flaps of his wings, and a notable gust would be blowing behind them, which hopefully would bring in some air from the outside areas once they left the alleyway. ['If I may ask, you weren't involved in this, were you, Mistress Crystal?'

An exasperated sigh left the Espeon hybrid's mouth, followed by more coughing. "No, Kai, I'm too old to want to try blowing up a bloody city. Now, please, help us out if you find anyone stuck inside rubble, please." Crystal would carefully make her way out of the alley, avoiding any sort of debris that would cause her to lose her balance, using the staff to support herself more than normal. The explosion took more out of her than she anticipated. Hopefully someone heard her previous telepathic message, because her focus at the moment was going to be on walking.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:51 am
The first thing that Yuni noticed wasn't someone trying to stop her from getting way. No guards or civilians impeded her path. Instead, it was a voice. A voice being carried through psychic projection. The other person in her head recognized it - her fiance had used a Gardevoir's Telepathy to talk to her when they were farther away from shouting distance and he didn't feel like using the SNAG's texting service for fear of GRAY chiming in with his meanie nonsense. This intruder into Yuni's mind wasn't sure if the one projecting onto her could hear anything if she tried to respond, but she figured it was worth the effort if it resulted in her finding a place to rest, or maybe even medical treatment, so she gave it a shot.

Yeah, I made it out. I'm pretty beaten up, though. I could use some help.

Help would come quicker than expected, but not from an Espeon hybrid. Instead, Yuni was grabbed by a Gardevoir that appeared as though out of thin air, only for their surroundings to shift to where said Espeon hybrid was hiding out. Yuni noticed - or rather the person in her head noticed - that the Gardevoir looked worn out, almost like an old human would look. It had certainly seen better days. She almost sighed in relief, but the Gardevoir took the defensive immediately, charging a Psyshock with both hands. "I'm only going to ask this once, and I want a straight answer. Who are you and what are you doing in the mind of my trainer's daughter?"

"Rala-" Yuni started to say, showing concern for the aged Gardevoir, but she was cut short as something else took over. This other person in Yuni's head gave the Gardevoir a look that combined a familial warmth with stern determination. "I don't know if you'll believe me on this, but hear me out. My name is Keiko Yuniko Carrie, and I think I'm from an alternate dimension. I remember completely dismantling Team Cipher with my friends in Team Snagem, but according to Yuni's memories, their technology got popular here, resulting in the world... well, dying, as of now."

Hearing the name of her late mother, Yuni was caught in shock at her invader's revelation. Her mind's eyes then formed a control room inside of her mind, which was mostly empty aside from a couple of doors and a terminal with a lot of monitors. The light that the monitors gave off were partially blocked off, leaving the silhouette of a Lopunny hybrid. Reaching out in her mind, she pulled the body aside, revealing the face she recognized as her mother, though it looked a good bit younger than she remembered.

"Mom?" Yuni asked aloud. Rala, who had seen all of that, was equally shocked, and let the energy she had gathered dissipate. "Mistress?" Rala asked, this time in Pokespeak. Keiko wanted to respond, but quickly realized the three of them weren't alone and turned to face the Espeon hybrid she had heard earlier. "Sorry about this. We didn't mean to intrude."  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 am
Crystal was relieved when she managed to catch Yuki's thoughts. Thank goodness, someone else. However, as she was getting ready to respond, the girl appeared in front of the two of them with a Gardevoir, and started talking with each other mentally, still able to pick up on it. The hybrid's shoulders slumped as she held onto her staff with both hands, resting her head on her hands. "This is why I don't normally listen into people's thoughts, other than it being rude," the old hybrid muttered to herself, sighing before coughing some more. “I’ve heard of the Faller phenomena,” she finally spoke up, after they had finally moved to vocals instead of mental communication, “But to start, they mostly have no memory of where they came from, sans their name and maybe a notable thing about themselves. Secondly, there’s been no recorded instances of people getting possessed by spirits of Fallers, with or without memories. Meaning your situation, my dear child, is very strange, and the other mind inside you makes me very dubious of its nature.” Another coughing fit would ensue, followed by another sigh.

“Regardless… I don't have the capabilities to perform exorcisms, nor would I have the energy, either, even before the immediate issue of a terrorist attack. Judging by those manacles, though... You were in the jail cells while they decided what to do with you. Were there any other survivors there? And do you remember the way to them?”  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:26 pm
Yuni, or rather Keiko, nodded at Crystal's explanation. "Yeah, to be honest, there's not a lot of myself that I remembered when I first woke up, and I'm not that sure I remember much of myself now. The second I woke up in this dimension, Yuni's memories started flooding into my mind. The main reason I know I'm not her mom in this dimension is that there's a large gap in time between Yuni's first memories and the Galar tournament I remember That and the Realgam Tower fight that happened beforehand."

Yuni felt a spike of energy and turned to see Rala, who was trying to heal her wounds with Heal Pulse. The Buneary hybrid patted the aged Gardevoir gently on the head. "I appreciate what you're trying to do, but don't push yourself too hard, okay? I don't want you to hurt yourself for my sake." she said quietly. She heard what Crystal asked, but Keiko was the one to answer.

Though she had to take a minute to get her bearings. "Over there, I think," Keiko said, pointing in the direction of a large plume of smoke. "Most of the people in there didn't deserve to be, from what I could tell. One of them doe- Mom, stop. I get that you're mad at him for what he did to me, but it was my fault all that stuff happened, okay? Just... unless we see him again, just forget about it, alright?"

Yuni walked back and leaned up against a wall between Crystal and Rala, but neither mother nor daughter said much else for the time being.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:27 pm
Before he could even fathom an answer, attempt to put together something to keep the pair chatting for the moment, a low rumble and sudden shaking would draw the attention of everyone there. Before they could get anything resembling a sight on the source of this sudden quake, a wave of dust and debris that had been kicked up by the blast wave would overtake the position. By the time everything had settled, Alex and Vega would be able to see the massive plume of dust and smoke that now stood taller than the city it was emanating from. Staring for a moment in simple awe and despair over whatever could create a blast of that magnitude, that could darken the sky and leave even those out in the wastes able to distinctly feel it, Vega would eventually come to his senses and grab Alex by the shoulder. "Come on! We have to go and help!" He stated in a small panic, grabbing onto Alex's jacket as he attempted to drag him into motion towards the city. While he certainly wanted to aid in helpful efforts, a part of Vega felt a very sudden interest in the source of that explosion. There was almost no possible way for there to be technology accessible enough and someone willing enough with that access to generate this, so it had to be something unaccountable. And that. That was extremely intriguing.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff