Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:29 pm
"Isawa Toyoko? I think I saw her in the Kenjutsu competition, but I've yet to encounter her in THIS competition. What is wrong with her, Kan-san?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:35 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 3:

"Why, she's in love, of course. She can't get the subject of her affections off her mind." He would let out a low exhale, before bringing his cup to his lips. "Normally, it wouldn't be such a terrible thing. But I've lived a long life, and those who are foolish with their hearts often get burned. Its a sad truth, but its a thing of the past that recycles itself many, many times."

He would give a slight frown, before placing his cup down. "If you haven't met her yet, you'll see what I mean in time. But enough of that, we should be focusing on us. How has the Ceremonial Competition been treating you thus far? You know, as a former Ikoma, I've done my fair share of betting in the past, and you winning the entire tournament isn't a far stretch at all." He would smile, not unlike how a father would smile when proud of a son.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:03 pm
"It's been OK. My first tea partner was a quiet Phoenix clan samurai, who didn't really like the fact that I was a Bushi. She called me a 'butcher'. I honestly found it amusing!" He would chuckle, and take a sip of his tea, not wanting it to get too cold. "And well, Gemmei-san's chat was... interesting, to say the least. How has it been treating you, Kan-san?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Kan would still smile, but not quite so much now. "As amusing as it is, it is still somewhat of an insult to you and your Clan. I'm surprised you're quite so willing to let it go. Not that that's a bad thing."

He would drink he tea, before he would address a different issue. "How do YOU feel about your own clan, Seichiro-san?"

{Courtier of 26}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:43 pm
"Insult or not, I'd much rather avoid unnecessary bloodshed, especially on a Tea Ceremony. As for my views of my clan... I love my clan. I love that they are willing to risk their own lives for the good of Rokugan. I like how close-knit we are. But... so much violence, and anger. This Crane blood feud, in my opinion, is nothing but bad news. All we are doing is weakening the clan and the Crane, too. We should be spending all this energy making Rokugan a better place, not to fight our ancestor's wars."

He would, as did Kan, drink his tea, letting out a sigh of contentment afterwards. "Kan-san, I am not sure if this is an appropiate question, and I apologize if it offends you, but how did you come to lose your status as an Ikoma?"  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 8 Total: 16 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 pm
2k2 Etiquette roll I forgot  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:16 pm

First check: Kan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!

"I never lost any status with my family, Seichiro-san," Kan would reply, shaking his head. "Samurai and peasants alike often choose to become monks, leaving their previous lifestyles behind. I willingly chose to shave my head, and become a member of a monastic order."

He would smile then, his eyes closed. "I do not mind the question. I knew I would be asked it eventually. It's something many younger samurai have difficulty understanding, but you will one day."

Kan would open his eyes, and come out with a question of his own. "Tell me of your family, Seichiro-san. Your immediate family, that is."

Etiquette (Conversation) roll of 33.  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:40 pm
"My family? My mother is a Matsu bushi, my father is an Ikoma. Don't ask me how they married, because mom is very hardheaded and has a short temper: typical Matsu through and through. I am a single child. I think it shows. Uh... my mother's side of the family has seen a lot of war, most are veterans. I basically grew up with my father. His name is Ikoma Sanjuro. Since my mother was usually away on small border skirmishes and what have you, dad had a bit more time to spend with me. He is not really one for war and fighting, which I guess shows on me as well."

Seichiro drank his tea, finishing his cup, and pouring himself another one. He would then slightly lift the teakettle, showing it to Kan. "More tea, Kan-san?" And whether or not Kan accepted and refuse, he would ask his own question. "Kan-san, is it possible you know my father?"

[2k2 Etiquette]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Second check: Kan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!

Kan nodded his head and would accept the refill of his tea. "I could not really say. Lion like to roam to where our duty calls us, and I myself have not even seen my own younger brother in... many years. If Ikoma Sanjuro seldom frequents the front lines, then it's almost certain we have not met."

Kan would chuckle a bit, then smirk broadly. "If that's your immediate family, then you have not wed yet. That is a shame. Has your marriage at least been arranged yet?"

{Coutier of 29}  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:36 pm
"No. Well, not that I know of. I haven't received word so far. How 'bout you, Kan-san. Where you married before, or were you engaged?"

[2k2 Etiquette]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 6 Total: 13 (2-20)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:55 am
Forgot mah roll  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:33 am

Second check: Kan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!
Third check: Kan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!

Kan's pleasant expression would seemingly melt away, to one of sorrow and loss. "... yes. A long time ago. My wife died while I was... away from home." He would put down his tea, his hands shaking a bit. "If you do ever marry, Seichiro, make sure you do whatever it takes to return home if something should ever happen to her. Never go on with your life without being the last person to see her before she is cremated."

Kan's TNs are increased by 5 due to his Lost Love disadvantage!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:36 pm
"I... I shall take your words to my heart, Kan-san. I apologize for bringing up painful memories. I must make this up to you somehow." Seichiro lost his craving for tea. He felt bad that he made Kan remember painful moments of his life. Seichiro thought that this maybe was why he joined the Order, but he dared not ask.  
Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 8, 7, 1 Total: 25 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:23 pm
Athletics Event: Footrace - 75m-100m
(Athletics Check with Water Ring 3, 4k3 vs TN 15)
Result: 24

Hisashi would keep his pace. He just needed to stay ahead of those behind him. If he could do that, he was ok - wasting his energy now would be futile, as it would either doom him now, or doom himself in a future event.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 7, 6, 9, 8, 7, 2, 6 Total: 45 (7-70)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:58 am
Denbe kept running, but where he'd been expecting stiff competition, the Dragon instead floundered and...

Oh. Well, he hadn't meant to do that, and he was trying to run, it looked like, despite it. Denbe supposed he owed him an apology for that. Who'd have thought a little mud would change things so much?

He slowed down, but kept up running, taking in the last stretch of race at a stable pace and trying to not get any more mud over himself.

[1 Raise to take lead]
[7k4+3 Athletics(Running): 34 vs TN 20]

[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games