Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:28 pm
>< Sorry. I figured if you wanted them, you'd call for them. Now I know better.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:43 pm
From whereever she's lurking in the shadows, Omi senses a disturbance in the force. She then goes back to laying in wait as she hopes and prays that Kyumi doesn't end up somehow dishonoring herself. rofl  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:46 pm
What agent sinstra is saying is (If any of you read the discworld novels) she has a rokugan female version of igor.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 am
>< I swear, if Zanzen wins this tournament, I don't know whether I'd laugh or cry at the fact that the dice decided to let the untrained Crane win.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:55 am
Huh...and the mental image I had of Omi was kind of cute...in a played down "I'm just the servant" way.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:22 pm
Three 1's and I still get a 22 23 to hit.

Perhaps Denbe should simply give up kenjutsu and challenge his enemies to drop their weapons and armor and fight him hand-to-hand in the future.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:30 pm
Get some Crabbros and talk them into letting you into their wrestling schools. Denbe still needs to wear the Daisho. Denbe is still a Samurai...but *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:59 pm
Hey Raga, do you mind if Kojiro goes up the Iaijutsu path as well? *hides his copy of the Art of the Duel*  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:44 pm
I wish I could find pdfs of anything other than the player's handbook. I'm sure there's some really cool jiujutsu stuff somewhere.

As I try and poke at this book to figure out what a Daisho is.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:49 pm
Katana and Wakazaishi ><

I frequent drivethrugames for my L5R needs.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:30 pm
Ah. Okay then.

I keep forgetting all the important people and things because the names start to seem similar to me. x.x  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:45 pm
Psychofish
Ah. Okay then.

I keep forgetting all the important people and things because the names start to seem similar to me. x.x

You could always check the first post?

Also, the daisho is the paired katana and wakizashi that bushi carry. Katanas are given to bushi, but all Samurai carry a wakizashi because its a symbol of their status as Samurai.

Finally, the cool martial artsy stuff is typically for monks only. Those techniques are called Kiho. Shugenja are the only other ones who may learn it. You might be able to find cool jiujutsu stuff in other school skills (Crab and Badger primarily), but I think you'll be plenty pleased with how the Hare school turns out.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:07 pm
He will learn the ways of the vicious honey badger.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:20 pm
I haven't read into Hare too much, but for a minor clan their school seems pretty intense.

Granted, unless I was reading that Lion school wrong they can ignore armor with all their attacks, which made me imagine making a crab who had been sent off to the Lion to learn from them for use on the Wall, and as a sign of some level of alliance. Pick up the heaviest weapon possible and let the Lion school make up for the loss of accuracy as you focus hard on one hitting anything in your way.

Then I realized this is too effective a character, and I'd probably wind up making a Scorpion with Can't Lie or something instead.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:42 pm
Loss of accuracy? A Crab with Agility 3 and 2 ranks in Heavy Weapons would be just as accurate as a Lion with Agility 3 and 2 ranks in Kenjutsu.

Katanas are awesome for spending Void Points on doing extra damage (you normally can't spend void on damage), whereas Heavy Weapons ignore Carapace (thick monster hides that make you roll less dice for damage).

Akodo are awesome at dealing damage. Hida are good at taking it.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games