Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:44 pm
Aoife frowned. "I don't know. If ther are, we don't.." She put her hands together for emphasis as well as looking for the word. "...meet."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:46 pm
Katalina had hung back at first, not wanting to get too close. If the fairy was shy, Katalina didn't want to crowd her. When the creature - Aoife? - started to seem more relaxed, she cautiously approached.

She kept her distance all the same. It was nearly as awkward for her as it was for the sea fairy. Spending time with humans were one thing - they always returned to land eventually. Meeting new sea creatures was something else altogether.

Casually, she asked, "Have you always lived here?" With a faint smile, she added, "If you have, I can't believe I haven't seen you before."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:07 pm
Aoife smiled. She'd met a couple of sea creatures like her before. So she felt on slightly more solid ground with her. "I came from colder waters. Not here."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:16 pm
Katalina nodded briefly. Her only important question answered, she tried to think of something else to say. She wasn't used to speaking on equal terms with someone - if there was an audience. Kra, Lorelei and the undines were special cases. They'd been accidental meetings - well, Kra and the undines, anyway. Lorelei had met her and simply kept being friendly until Katalina had relaxed with her.

Aoife was something else again. She'd have to find a different way to deal with her, because the accidental meeting was already out of the question. "Well then," she said hesitantly, "let me be the first to welcome you to Half-Moon Cove." She gave the sea fairy a shy smile.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:24 pm
Aoife smiled. "Thank you!" She reached out and touched the mermaids arm which gave her an electric impulse which happened whenever she touched other sea creatures for some reason.
Taking her hand away Aoife frowned. "Sorry about that."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:31 pm
Katalina flinched back. Words were okay. Touching was not. And the electric shock didn't help.
Well, that wasn't the fairy's fault. "It's okay," she said with a little shrug. "I've gotten worse off boats. Which, by the way, you need to watch out for around here. The boats, I mean, not the shocks. I'm babbling, aren't I." It was a statement, not a question.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:38 pm
Aoife grimanced. "I noticed." She felt bad for having crossed some kind of boundary with Katalina. She just never really learned how to socialize.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:59 pm
Joey looked at the two, realizing how the conversation was becoming slightly awkward. He glanced at Katalina. "Interesting. I haven't seen very many boats around here. I thought that they usually stayed outside the cove."  

Drunken_Ninja08

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:27 pm
Katalina regained her composure enough to smile weakly at Aoife. "I'm sorry. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known," she said apologetically.

She looked at Joey. "I thought so, too. But I've been caught in nets and on fish hooks and all sorts of lovely things like that. And that's just inside the cove. Joshua and I have been finding fish hooks and such all through the coral, even though it's...unlawed? Is that the word?...to fish here." She shrugged. "So. Watch out for boats."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:29 pm
Aoife looked back up at Joey, thankful for the interuption. "I've seen a couple but, I ...only been her two days."  

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:44 pm
Joey nodded and scowled. He was one of the few people who could navigate the around the corral without using any modern technology. He sighed. "Humans...we suck..."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:48 pm
Aoife bit her lip wanting to argue, but she remained silent with a frown.  

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:26 am
User Image

Joshua put a hand on Joey's shoulder. "Humans do suck." He gave a wry grin. "Why do you think I don't live with them?" He pulled his hand back and turned to Aoife. "The boats pass by here often. There's a trade route not too far outside of the cove. They're not supposed to come into the cove itself, but that doesn't stop them. Katalina and myself have been working to get the boats out of here. Makes it safer for all who live in the cove."

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:39 am
Aoife still biting her lip about humans, they were so facinating to her. So wonderful. Aoife looked at Joshua, she wasn't absolutely sure what a 'trade route' was, but obviously it had to do with constant boat migration. "Well, they are dangerous, but neccasary, right?" Aoife said a little confused. She played with the tip of one of her back fins: a nervous tick.  

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:49 am
"Only some humans suck," Katalina disagreed. "And they may be necessary for the humans out in the open ocean, Aoife, but not here. They aren't supposed to be here. It's dangerous for everything in the cove if they come." She had plenty of old scars, on both tail and body, to show for the times the boats had come to the cove.

She shook her head. "The boats don't belong in the cove, and I, for one, want them out," she said passionately.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games