Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:24 am
"I am still sorry. It was not my intention. Kan-san... may I ask the reason you came here and enter these competitions?" He would take a sip, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:55 pm
@ Athletics Competition, Endurance Race:

Bayushi Kojiro was determined to win. Not only for his sake and the sake of his clan, but for Kaori's sake! While he was still somewhat fresh, he pushed himself while he still had the luxury, and his determination would pay off, as he earned himself a lead over many of the other racers!

Horiuchi Sayoko would not be willing to let Kojiro take the lead alone. Not even making eye contact as she kept shoulder to shoulder with him - no, just slightly ahead, by a tiny margin! She would not be going down without a fight! {2 Raises, 37!! vs TN 20}

Ujina Denbe would accept the Dragon's proposal, though strangely enough, he would pace himself. They had already been running for several minutes, and already the duress was getting to him. He had to make sure not to take any stupid showoffy risks.

Mirumoto Sozen seemed to be... well, surprised as the sudden drop in effort on Denbe's part, and Sozen did his best to keep pace with him. He could have easily pushed himself more, but seemed a little too suspicious to do so! {1 Raise, 27 vs TN 15}

Yoritomo Hisashi would make sure he would not disappoint his cousin, showing him exactly what it means to be a Mantis samurai! No adversity would keep him down, and he would make sure he would not embarass Susumu-san!

Yoritomo Susumu, however, would have other plans, as he literally tripped over his own feet, faceplanting in the muddy ground! He would recover quickly, but had fallen behind most of the other samurai in the process. {2 Raises, 15 vs TN 20} "DAMMIT, FORTUNES! Why do you keep doing this to me?! I don't even HAVE the unlucky disadvantage!" he would yell out loudly. Was he breaking the 4th wall, or just simply still partially intoxicated?

Isawa Sosuke, however, seemed adamant on making Hisashi feel better. Perhaps he was zoning out, or perhaps he was distracted by a bird, but whatever the reason, he didn't even see Susumu before he literally tripped over him, taking a rather bad fall! {1 Raise, 7 vs TN 15} Susumu was already back on his feet, but Sosuke wasn't quite as quick on the uptake, and his own penalty would severely harm his chances!

Kakita Zanzen would be much more attentive, dodging between Sosuke and Susumu as they screwed up, pulling ahead of them somewhat easily! It wasn't a substantial lead, but a lead was a lead! If he could just keep this pace, he would be set!

--------------------

As the group would pass around the northwestern corner of the complex, they would see an unexpected sight up ahead. A peasant woman would be approaching the western gate, and collapse! The two Daidoji guards would stand resolute with their yari, remaining motionless and ignoring her plight. As you approach, she would call out, "Water... water, please...!"

ATHLETICS, NORTH/WEST CORNER
Group 1 (the lead!)
Bayushi Kojiro
Horiuchi Sayoko

Group 2
Mirumoto Sozen
Yoritomo Hisashi
Ujina Denbe

Group 3
Kakita Zanzen

Group 4
Yoritomo Susumu

Group 5
Isawa Sosuke

Stamina/Athletics [Running], TN 15!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 8, 9, 9 Total: 34 (5-50)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:15 pm
@The Athletics Competition

If he thought he could have even remotely afforded it, Kojiro would've stopped. If this prize would allow him to slay Masamune, then it would all be worth it. Still, it was not a proud moment as Kojiro averted his gaze and slowed his pace slightly.

OOC
Stamina/Athletics (Running) 3k2 (2 additional dice for explosions)
TN: 20 (1 Raise)
Results: 15  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:48 pm
@Athletics

Fortunes... he glared skyward a second before removing himself from the track, heading for the gate. He may loose, but this was Crane territory and he didn't wish to see anyone under their protection have problems. Taking a moment to adjust his hat as he went, he'd walk towards the guards slowly, speaking out to the woman. "Why do you come here to seek water? Did it not just rain but last night? Or perhaps some problem has brought you here on fleeing feet?"

'Or perhaps I am but a fool and this is a trick by someone to gain a lead...' He kept this thought to himself.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:02 pm
Sozen seemed to be watching Denbe very carefully, even while the others took the lead, seemingly more worried about him than about taking first over-all. Which the Hare didn't mind, but he began to feel he'd be disappointing the Dragon, who didn't seem to realize Denbe's stamina held not a candle to his sheer speed; Denbe might have been able to handle going faster, but he'd be cutting it very close if he did, he could tell, and he wasn't getting any less tired.

"I think perhaps... I am too used to finishing things quickly..." Denbe joked between breaths to the Dragon, huffing and debating if he meant that as an apology as well.

And then...

The bushi lost focus as they approached the woman, becoming distracted. No doubt Sozen would notice if he was still watching him. But as they continued to approach the woman, Denbe noticed the foremost two runners not turning aside, and mentally cursed.

"I'm sorry Mirumoto-san," the Hare said as he retrieved a bottle of water from the light pack on his person, "but I'm afraid I shall have to leave the others to give you some challenge."

Denbe ran to the woman.

He had been intending to push himself, dead focused on getting her the water, but hoping he could do so without dropping out from the race entirely. Until he noticed a samurai behind him running over as well.

He would have liked to put his best into this race. He was here to represent the Hare. But ignoring a woman in need would only cast them in the negative light they had only escaped so many years before once more; and if another could spare the time to help her as well, Denbe could spare no less. He offered a smile to the Crane- we keep running into each other, don't we Kakita-san?- and vowed silently that he would not return to the race until the Crane was ready to as well. Any less would be a discourtesy to his kindness.

Letting the other man speak, Denbe knelt by the woman, helping her carefully to sit up and offering her his bottle of water while he let the other speak to her, saying only "Here, drink this."

...of course, being a Hare as he was, he had to feel embarrassed for being so focused on the race that he had not noticed what was unusual about this before Zanzen mentioned it.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:17 pm
GM Roll  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:56 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 3:

First check: Kan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!
Second check: Kan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!
Third check: Kan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!
Kan's TN is increased by 5 due to his Lost Love disadvantage!

Kan would nod, though his gaze was still somewhat distant. "I have no problems answering your questions, Seichiro-san. My reasons, though?" A brief pause, perhaps for dramatic tension, before he continued. "Kiharu-sama asked me to represent the Brotherhood of Shinsei. Despite my age, I was still deemed a better choice, due to my levelheadedness and wisdom that our younger members lack. That is all I am at liberty to discuss."

He would spend a void point due to this distraction from his thoughts, eliminating his Lost Love penalty!

"I suppose it is not so different for your own reasons for coming, are they, Seichiro-san?"  
Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 6, 1, 10, 5 Total: 22 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:29 am
Athletics Event: North/East Corner 3
(Athletics (Running) Check with Water Ring 3, 4k3 vs TN 15)
Result: 30

Hisashi was suffering from tunnel vision and didn't notice the woman (who was probably a trap anyway, but whatever) and kept running.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:30 am
Exploding Die  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:05 am
@ Athletics Competition, Endurance Race:

Horiuchi Sayoko would take the lead as Kojiro seemed slightly distracted by the sight. Though, she actually spoke as she was running by. "I am sorry; if no one stops, I will be back for you!" What? {2 raises, 38 vs TN 25}

Bayushi Kojiro took notice of the woman, and ALMOST stopped, but at the last second thought better of it and kept going. His uncertainty cost him the lead though, but kept him in the race.

Yoritomo Hisashi would likewise ignore the plight before him, as he was intently focused on the race. Sayoko was pulling ahead, but he found himself catching up to Kojiro, tying for second!

Yoritomo Susumu was the Insensitive type, and really didn't care about the peasant's situation. "Yeah, I don't trust 'er either," he would say to Kojiro and Hisashi as he caught up to them. He didn't seem winded, being in fairly good shape, so he was fairing relatively well compared to the other two men! {2 raises, 29/25}

Ujina Denbe and Mirumoto Sozen would both stop. Sozen, however, had backtrack a couple meters, realizing Denbe was stopping. He seemed to supervise Denbe, looking down at the woman. "I'm sure you'll be okay, miss. Don't worry, Denbe-san and I would take care of you."

Then Kakita Zanzen would speak up, having stopped and taken up position closer to the guards. He was not trusting of her, but he failed his Perception/Investigation {Notice} check to recognize the woman. After his claim, however, Sozen would give a sudden concerned look to Denbe.

Isawa Sosuke would also stop, but he was out of breath and was gasping for air, leaning forward and clutching his knees.

NPC Stopping Triggers:
Sayoko: If no one else stopped, Sayoko will stop.
  • Sozen: If someone in Group 1 or 2 stopped, Sozen will stop.

Susumu: Susumu will not stop.
  • Sosuke: Sosuke will stop if at least one other person stops.

Pulling the hood from over her head and looking up at the Samurai, Urako would finish drinking the water, then comment, "I appreciate the concern, noble samurai, but Raicho-sama wished for me to remind you that she told you to focus on the race." Returning Denbe's water bottle, she would take up a kneeling position and bow her head deeply in respect.

"Sorry, Zanzen-san. Raicho-sama told us not to interfere," one of the Daidoji would tell Zanzen, the other gesturing for him to go while he can.

Everyone who stopped have taken up last position!

ATHLETICS, SOUTH/WEST CORNER
Group 1 (the lead!)
Horiuchi Sayoko

Group 2

Group 3

Group 4
Yoritomo Hisashi
Yoritomo Susumu
Bayushi Kojiro

Group 5

Group 6

Group 7

Group 8
Kakita Zanzen
Mirumoto Sozen
Isawa Sosuke
Ujina Denbe

Stamina/Athletics [Running], TN 20! Final roll guys!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 3, 9 Total: 14 (4-40)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:13 am
Athletics Event: North/East Corner 4
(Athletics (Running) Check with Water Ring 3, 4k3 vs TN 15)
Result: 13

Hisashi would be caught off guard by the comments of his fellow runners and notably slow down slightly - which caused him to come back to earth and try his hardest not to be left in the dust by the other runners!

Tunnel vision is apparently effective until you snap out of it.  
Psychofish rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 9, 1, 4, 2 Total: 28 (6-60)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:56 am
...Denbe... had a very confused reaction to this news.

He seemed almost taken aback, or shocked, at first. Then you could almost see a curse forming on his lips. And then, the bushi managed to combine a wince and a laugh.

"I suppose... Raicho-sama was correct then."

He knew he couldn't have left the woman over that, even if it had not slipped his mind. For a moment, it did make him question how urgent of an order he'd have had to have been delivered to feel right in not stopping. He wasn't sure there was such a thing, though in more urgent a situation he might not have stopped and simply accepted to suffer the guilt. A competition however...

Denbe would turn to return to the track at a walk.

"Come. We all stopped. So let us all start up again at once."

He'd wait for the others to line up beside him (unless someone tried to bolt ahead) to begin running again. Controlling his breathing, the Hare did exactly that then- focused on the raise, and put his frustration into his running. He'd not like to be taken out of the competition at all, but to lose to a ruse? No, he wouldn't want that.

[1 Void to add 1k1 to roll.]
[6k3+3 Athletics(Running): 24 vs TN 20]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 1, 1, 5 Total: 20 (5-50)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:37 pm
@The Athletic Competition

Guess Sayoko does believe some of what she preaches.

Kojiro knew he didn't have the stamina to keep up with Sayoko, but he would try anyways.

OOC:
Stamina/Athletics 3k2 (2 additional dice to handle explosions)
TN: 30 (2 raises)
Results: 13  
Mongooseh rolled 4 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 4, 6 Total: 21 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:12 pm
Kagae satisfied with how he approached the matter of getting the plans to Doji Kita realised that the old tent would actually need repairing. He then scoured through the current tent to find the kit Kaori was using to repair it and found where the old tent was being stashed. Placing the sewing kit next to him from where he sat he rested the old tent draped over his lap on the right side. Threading the needle and grabbing some material Kagae attempted to repair the old tent.

(Craft: Sewing 4k4 vs tn 10. Result: 21)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:26 pm
After finishing the sewing doing the job like it was a job Kagae lowered himself to the floor and sat in the position taught to him. Usually he didn't do this but he thought he might need a clearer head for the shogi competition so he tried the best he could to do the thing called meditation.

(2k2 vs tn 20 It is the long shot. DICE KAMI!)  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games